SCO (Kennedy) Final
CAN (Froud) 10  (7)
M: Mexican Mixed Doubles Championship
Vancouver, CAN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 1 -- Fri, Apr 26 -- 12:45am ET
Pere/Cohe  
Serr/Tomp  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 11 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-16-23 05:27PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

2023 Mens Worlds

Gushue has picked up Ryan Harden as 5th to go to the Worlds. Classy!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-16-23 09:51PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Re: 2023 Mens Worlds

quote:
Originally posted by CURLER1
Gushue has picked up Ryan Harden as 5th to go to the Worlds. Classy!

Love it. Bring Brad Jacobs as a Curling Canada "consultant". What's one more Red Coat to make the trip? Bring someone that can actually give a different perspective and possibly help the team, instead of a myriad of Curling Canada hangers on doing nothing. Count them up 1,2, 10 Red Coats make the trip for no reason. If they're going to hand out free trips, give it someone who can help, not someone who's there for the free trip.

03-17-23 12:50AM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

It's World Men's, not Mens Worlds.

https://worldcurling.org/events/wmcc2023

I don't understand why curling has to be all weird about simple things like this.

03-17-23 10:28AM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

Yes, Ryan is an excellent choice.

I remember several years ago, following the Players' Championship, Ryan, Lisa Weagle and Rachel Homan staying over an extra day in Toronto to help promote the Toronto Cricket Skating and Curling Club's Annual Charity Event.

Now that's real class!!!

03-18-23 05:32AM
LibbyAnderson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LibbyAnderson Find more posts by LibbyAnderson Add LibbyAnderson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LibbyAnderson
Knee-Slider

Ryan Reynolds Wrexham Canada Goose Jacket

https://www.jacketoria.com/product/...a-goose-jacket/ is one of the finest jacket on any site go and pick up your best outfits now with free shipping and best prices.

03-19-23 06:24AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by curlingclips
It's World Men's, not Mens Worlds.

https://worldcurling.org/events/wmcc2023

I don't understand why curling has to be all weird about simple things like this.

^ And most of us don't understand why you post nonsense like this.
Everyone here knows exactly what the subject of this thread is by reading the title of the thread - including you.

From what I've seen, most people here don't appreciate your extremely petty and condescending 'corrections'.

Do you teach a grade 5 elementary school class or something? Maybe the parents of the kids in your grade 5 class appreciate your corrections, but that's not really the case here.
Especially coming from one who has never played the game, yet is constantly pushing (mostly very strange) ways to 'improve' it.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

03-19-23 01:04PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by On The Nose
And most of us don't understand why you post nonsense like this.

We don't say Mens Canadians and Womens Canadians Curling Championships. We say Canadian Men's & Canadian Women's Curling Championships.

And yet for World Championships suddenly people say Mens Worlds and Womens Worlds, despite the fact that the events themselves are actually World Men's and World Women's.

If you want me to stop complaining about it, then start calling them by the proper names. It's that simple.

The problem here is not the people making the correction. It's the people that keeps making the same mistake over and over again.

03-19-23 02:46PM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

Clips be Curling

From my perspective (as self-appointed arbiter of all things Curlingzone) they are interchangeable. There is something in the English language called "informal language".
It's a more casual, spontaneous, even colloquial manner of speaking and writing.

Here's an example from headlines torn from this very site:

https://www.curlingzone.com/post.php?postid=5401

Are you questioning the owners use of verbiage on this very site? Because that is not very collegial.

Last edited by johnnysmoke on 03-19-23 at 02:49PM

03-19-23 09:33PM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by curlingclips

We don't say Mens Canadians and Womens Canadians Curling Championships. We say Canadian Men's & Canadian Women's Curling Championships.

And yet for World Championships suddenly people say Mens Worlds and Womens Worlds, despite the fact that the events themselves are actually World Men's and World Women's.

If you want me to stop complaining about it, then start calling them by the proper names. It's that simple.

The problem here is not the people making the correction. It's the people that keeps making the same mistake over and over again.

^ NO. It is YOUR responsibility to behave like an adult, and not like an arrogant, obnoxious, and spoiled 10 year old child.
It is YOUR responsibility to recognize that others in this Forum don't give a damn about everything being pristine and perfect, as long as it is comprehensible. This is not a grade 5 English class, and we, as adults, do not come here to be lectured on proper English grammar from a person who behaves like an obnoxious 10 year old.

What's next - will you demand that we all wear a suit and tie when we're typing a post?
Or maybe a tuxedo?

This is NOT your Forum. It belongs equally to everyone who participates - not more to you than to others. Yet you go around here as if you own the place.
It is YOUR responsibility to stop behaving like this and learn to co-exist with and to respect other people.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by On The Nose on 03-20-23 at 12:58AM

03-20-23 01:58AM
Maggie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by On The Nose

^ NO. It is YOUR responsibility to behave like an adult, and not like an arrogant, obnoxious, and spoiled 10 year old child.
It is YOUR responsibility to recognize that others in this Forum don't give a damn about everything being pristine and perfect, as long as it is comprehensible. This is not a grade 5 English class, and we, as adults, do not come here to be lectured on proper English grammar from a person who behaves like an obnoxious 10 year old.

What's next - will you demand that we all wear a suit and tie when we're typing a post?
Or maybe a tuxedo?

This is NOT your Forum. It belongs equally to everyone who participates - not more to you than to others. Yet you go around here as if you own the place.
It is YOUR responsibility to stop behaving like this and learn to co-exist with and to respect other people.

Do you realize that you are taking the time to post using all caps and lots of insults over pretty much nothing?

You’re yelling and banging on about being an adult while not acting like an adult… over semantics .Just scroll on by, man. Life is short.

Take the tip from Johnny Smoke. He’s the self appointed arbiter of all thing Curlingzone, fergawdsakes. He knows a thing or two.

03-20-23 06:54AM
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Maggie

Do you realize that you are taking the time to post using all caps and lots of insults over pretty much nothing?

You’re yelling and banging on about being an adult while not acting like an adult… over semantics .Just scroll on by, man. Life is short.

Take the tip from Johnny Smoke. He’s the self appointed arbiter of all thing Curlingzone, fergawdsakes. He knows a thing or two.

I'm fully conscious of what I'm doing, thanks.
And whether or not it meets with your approval is irrelevant to me.

It is not "nothing"... and it is not just "semantics" - it's far more than that...
Over the past couple of years, I have seen several members be very frustrated by 'curlingclips' claiming to know more about every single aspect of curling than everyone else (including grammar!) - and this, despite having never curled himself.

In addition, it frustrates me to see this discussion board be a mere shadow of what it could/should be. And when you have a self-proclaimed 'know it all' like 'curlingclips' going all over the forum telling everyone that they're wrong about everything, and even telling the sport of curling that it is being played the wrong way... well, that is not "nothing" - it's a safe bet that that kind of arrogant, obnoxious attitude helps to keep people away from this forum.

Personally, I preferred ML to 'curlingclips' - at least ML was a curler and knew and respected the history of the game.

Last edited by On The Nose on 03-21-23 at 12:36AM

03-24-23 07:37AM
CourtneyGreen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CourtneyGreen Find more posts by CourtneyGreen Add CourtneyGreen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CourtneyGreen
Knee-Slider

Resident Evil 4 Jacket

In search of the ideal statement item for your wardrobe? This store's new jackets are exactly what you need. https://www.wilsonjackets.com/produ...ke-leon-jacket/

03-24-23 10:18PM
Prawnpuller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prawnpuller Click here to Send Prawnpuller a Private Message Find more posts by Prawnpuller Add Prawnpuller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prawnpuller
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re Clips. … problem here is not the people making the correction. It's the people that keeps making the same mistake over and over again.

For gods sake the last time I looked this was a curling forum and not a grammar school. Most of the posters in here are “curlers” and most are quite knowledgeable unlike you. Of your 1427 posts I have only seen about 2 that made any sense at all…concentrate on puten out enteligent stuf bout curlen ensted of corekting speling n gram er by us grade Skool pions.

Two things can happen…One is bad

Last edited by Prawnpuller on 03-24-23 at 10:26PM

03-24-23 10:33PM
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

For what it's worth, I don't consider my correction to be grammatical. I just think using proper names is respectful, for people/events/places/etc.

I think deliberately butchering names is disrespectful.

03-25-23 02:25AM
naterock_11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for naterock_11 Find more posts by naterock_11 Add naterock_11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
naterock_11
Harvey Hacksmasher

It's sweet and good karma to add Ryan Harnden, especially considering what it means to the brothers. It's not going to factor in any more than Kennedy did at the Olympics.

Too much of Edin's advantage is having hammer to start the game and never surrendering a tie/lead by making every shot good enough. Playing better in the round robin would help. Drawing to the button better too. I hope they have a plan for it.

03-27-23 10:43PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by CurlingWatcher1
Gushue has a tough start. First 2 games are against Switzerland and Italy.

And Vic will bring up Russ losing to Italy during game 1 and again during the Italy game bringing his 17 year total to just under a million times. At least we get it over with early. #TSNstale #pleaseretire

03-28-23 10:58AM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by hogged again

And Vic will bring up Russ losing to Italy during game 1 and again during the Italy game bringing his 17 year total to just under a million times. At least we get it over with early. #TSNstale #pleaseretire

Bang on. Time to move on from Vic it would be refreshing to get someone that is more current than him and Russ. However I think they will have to drag Vic out of the booth kicking and screaming.

03-30-23 11:40AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

To vics credit, at least as far as I can remember he hasn't had his usual "no offense" followed by an offensive comment directed toward a team this year. So he's improved in that way

04-01-23 01:44AM
naterock_11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for naterock_11 Find more posts by naterock_11 Add naterock_11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
naterock_11
Harvey Hacksmasher

My father, who is 73, loves Vic. To be fair I kinda like him too. Whatever his faults I feel he brings a class to events you certainly don't see when Sportsnet covers it. Anyway, my dad always says "why doesn't he cover other sports?". Can you imagine Vic at the fast pace of hockey or basketball?

04-01-23 09:16AM
Maggie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Hitting Paint

Vic used to do lots of sports commentary back in the day. He was a host on CFL in the 80’s if I recall. He also did car racing and soccer for a while. There’s probably more.

For the most part I don’t mind him. It will be interesting to see the direction TSN goes when Vic eventually retires.

04-01-23 11:25AM
Mich_curler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mich_curler Find more posts by Mich_curler Add Mich_curler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mich_curler
Knee-Slider

Would anyone know how folks in USA can watch the World Men's Curling?

04-01-23 02:43PM
naterock_11
Harvey Hacksmasher

Rough start aside, I hope they have a plan for Edin. Same ol' is not going to work. You think at Gushue and Nichols ages they still have new plans in them?

04-01-23 06:16PM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

That's one of those games you just have to forget. It'll happen every 100 or so. Just make sure it only happens once.

04-01-23 06:28PM
naterock_11
Harvey Hacksmasher

Having hammer to start the game might already be gone against Edin in the playoffs. I didn't want a sleepy start. They had a terribly sleepy start in the Brier. Edin is too good with hammer.

It took a miracle for Gushue to beat Dunstone without hammer to start. And won rather straight forwardly with it.

04-02-23 03:05AM
myhouse911 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for myhouse911 Find more posts by myhouse911 Add myhouse911 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myhouse911
Hitting Paint

I’m not sure who is updating the worlds results/standings, but it would be nice to see the standings accurate I.e including the Suisse, and thus making Canada's standings 1-1…