M: World Senior Curling Championships
Ostersund, SWE
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: SF -- Fri, Apr 26 -- 1:00pm ET
CAN (Flemming) Final
SWE (Wranaa) (EE)
GER (Kapp) Final
USA (Farbelow) 10  (7)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2017 Scotties Tournament of Hearts

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 9 of 12 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-26-17 07:58AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by guido
Seems weird, but Amy Nixon just tweeted that she's hoping for McCarville the rest of the way.

i dont think its weird at all. plenty of times after an athlete or team loses you'll see the athlete or team that lost to them wish them luck the rest of the way. kind of like a "well, if i had to lose i hope i lost to the eventual champions" thing. plus i think she really just respects that team

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-26-17 09:59AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

i dont think its weird at all. plenty of times after an athlete or team loses you'll see the athlete or team that lost to them wish them luck the rest of the way. kind of like a "well, if i had to lose i hope i lost to the eventual champions" thing. plus i think she really just respects that team

Except they play each other in the losers game.

02-26-17 12:26PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by guido
Seems weird, but Amy Nixon tweeted that she's hoping for McCarville the rest of the way.

From what I read this week, sounds like Amy would rather not play the bronze medal game, nor continue curling at all.

02-26-17 01:33PM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

From what I read this week, sounds like Amy would rather not play the bronze medal game, nor continue curling at all.

Hey curlerbroad, just wondering where you got that .....is it inferred or did she just state it somewhere and I missed the news?

02-26-17 02:37PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Not just a job, I think it was implied that she was recently promoted to assume more responsibilities in her legal capacity with her corporation.

02-26-17 02:39PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

sounds like Amy would rather not play the bronze medal game

Does anyone really want to play the bronze medal game?

02-26-17 02:43PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

This year's bronze game is the shining example of why the Bronze game is a dumb idea. N.Ont already beat TC in the 3-4 game, and now they have to beat them again to finish 3rd.

02-26-17 02:59PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by nelsosi
This year's bronze game is the shining example of why the Bronze game is a dumb idea. N.Ont already beat TC in the 3-4 game, and now they have to beat them again to finish 3rd.

well, its not just that. they beat them twice and easily both times. seems rather unfair that they could end up 4th and might have lost to canada 1 of 3 times.

same goes for the final really

this is why im torn on the whole page playoff idea. on the one hand it gives the clear round robin winner a second shot at the final. on the other hand it does create situations like this.

i like how the pacific championship used to do it. they had a semi final system of 1 v.s 4 and 2 v.s 3. then the final was not a one off. the final was a modified best of 5

02-26-17 03:02PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Everybody likes to win. I always find it a little ironic, that you have to win bronze and lose to win silver. End of day, bronze winners happy, silver winners disappointed .

02-26-17 03:20PM
ellejay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ellejay Click here to Send ellejay a Private Message Find more posts by ellejay Add ellejay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ellejay
Harvey Hacksmasher

This bronze medal game does have importance, as Vic pointed out, with CTRS points on the line for 2 teams that haven't qualified for the trials.

We also saw Amy tear up during the playing of the anthem, followed by throwing her jacket into the crowd, indicating that this just might be her last game. I wonder who will replace her...

02-26-17 03:27PM
ngm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ngm Click here to Send ngm a Private Message Find more posts by ngm Add ngm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ngm
Swing Artist

I like the bronze medal game because it bothers so many people who, just by sheer coincidence, happen to be miserable SOBs who hate everything.

Anything that makes those people unhappy, makes me happy.

02-26-17 03:41PM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by ellejay
This bronze medal game does have importance, as Vic pointed out, with CTRS points on the line for 2 teams.

Not really... McCarvile does not tour enough so is destined for the Road to the Roar in Summerside. However if Carey gets third, pretty sure they still don't get enough points to climb into the top 12 YTD standings so no Players invite.(unless some teams decline)...therefore no Champions Cup possibility...therefore also bound for Summerside.

02-26-17 04:29PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

3rd vs 4th

Doesn't 3rd get both more prize money now and national funding for next 2 years?

02-26-17 04:42PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Three

Hey curlerbroad, just wondering where you got that .....is it inferred or did she just state it somewhere and I missed the news?

I saw it in the latest heartbeat newsletter or CBC.

But if she got promoted and her daughter is getting older, she may be reassessing her priorities.

02-26-17 05:10PM
Three
Swing Artist

Re: 3rd vs 4th

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
Doesn't 3rd get both more prize money now and national funding for next 2 years?

I think only first place gets funding but I'm not sure. Anybody really know the answer to this question?

02-26-17 05:50PM
ellejay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ellejay Click here to Send ellejay a Private Message Find more posts by ellejay Add ellejay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ellejay
Harvey Hacksmasher

..this was from last year when Team Carey won..only 1st place gets funding $$$'s.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/w...unday-1.3468414

Tournament of Heart prize money combined with $144,000 in Sport Canada funding over the next two years adds up to $205,900 for Alberta. Northern Ontario earned $26,900 in runner-up money.

Jones, who was the defending champion coming into this year's tournament, beat Manitoba's Kerri Einarson 8-7 for the bronze medal. Third place was worth $21,900 and fourth $16,900.

02-26-17 05:50PM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Gerry

Manitoba Legend is not Resby Coutts. I can 100% confirm that.

If ML is not, as you claim, Resby Coutts then why do they continue to use events in Coutts life as their own?

ML has continued to make posts about their history in the roaring game which can be directly traced to Resby Coutts.

The most recent, and damning, of which were in the last Canada Cup thread where ML claimed they did radio play by play, based out of a station in Brandon, of the Brier where Mel Logan represented Manitoba.

Guess what? Historical checking (which you can look up on the net, confirms only ONE radio station did those broadcasts. Guess who did the coverage? Resby Coutts.

So, if ML is not Coutts-as you claim- then they're impersonating him. Which, if I recall correctly, is a federal offense against the crown and not one this website should be associated with.

So, even if I'm wrong about Coutts, then its time ML stopped impersonating him.

Btw I have little doubt that after reading this, ML is scrambling, trying to find the posts in the tread I mentioned, so they can delete them before others read the..

Last edited by jamcan on 02-26-17 at 05:52PM

02-26-17 06:01PM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
When you give a CZ account to sick twerps like jamcan you end up with an occasional poster who only piggyback posts in attempts to humiliate others. Get some help son, you got major problems. I'll stick to watching and commenting on curling - w/ mostly correct predictions. You and your ankle-nipper guido sarducci can keep posting hate - until Gerry pulls your cards.

Mostly correct predictions? LMFAO.

A sick twerp doesnt post insulting, misogynistic, female denigrating comments as you have over the last few years.

Anytime, anywhere you troll. Just name it.

02-26-17 06:16PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by ellejay
..this was from last year when Team Carey won..only 1st place gets funding $$$'s.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/w...unday-1.3468414

Tournament of Heart prize money combined with $144,000 in Sport Canada funding over the next two years adds up to $205,900 for Alberta. Northern Ontario earned $26,900 in runner-up money.

Jones, who was the defending champion coming into this year's tournament, beat Manitoba's Kerri Einarson 8-7 for the bronze medal. Third place was worth $21,900 and fourth $16,900.

Ok thanks. I thought top 3 got the funding but the extra money and points, especially in an Olympic year certainly worth playing for.

02-26-17 07:54PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

come on guys, this is getting ugly.

02-26-17 07:56PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

There is one poster who has chased more people off this site than any 10 put together.

02-26-17 08:28PM
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
Jamhead - check into a psych ward

ml. and resby - both did radio updates - as did a 1000 others in those days
not a federal crime

i know ml, Resby, and kent morgan - they are three different people
Resby and Kent have been reporting for years - like 60 , as has M on a smaller scale

Gerry has met M too .

For $100 i will give you his name and his store location.. if its not worth a hun to you or more likely you cant raise it ... its not important.

M. ill split the hun
km

LMFAO. For a measly $100.00 you would betray your friends Fresca?

And Legend didn't claim to do updates. He did live, play by play. And, had you paid attention to my post, only one Manitoba radio station did that.

Sorry Kent. You lose. And you're a dick for offering to sell out your friend.

That speaks volumes.

Last edited by jamcan on 02-26-17 at 09:03PM

02-26-17 08:35PM
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

I wouldn't bother engaging with some super sick folks. If anything you should get Gerry to pull their cards. One thing about sick guys - they just keep gettin' sicker!
At this point they're just out to wreck the site - for whatever reasons!
Usually human trash like these flame out on their own accord.

Pull my card Legend? LMFAO. Fresca was willing to give you up for a measly $100 bucks. Some friend!

You're the sicko. And you know it. If Gerry ever pulled my card, for defending all those men and women who you have insulted and ridiculed to satiate your bloated ego, it would kill any credibility this site has for freedom of speech.

You lie. You insult and then? As all bullies do, you run away. Im the guy, like others here, who stand up to you. And we'll continue to do so. Because youre a coward.

02-26-17 08:36PM
5thstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 5thstone Find more posts by 5thstone Add 5thstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
5thstone
Hitting Paint

The Homan Machine are back being themselves. Englot with a game saving draw against 4!

02-26-17 08:45PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

omg

quote:
Originally posted by jamcan

Pull my card Legend? LMFAO. Fresca was willing to give you up for a measly $100 bucks. Some friend!

You're the sicko. And you know it. If Gerry ever pulled my card, for defending all those men and women who you have insulted and ridiculed to satiate your bloated ego, it would kill any credibility this site has for freedom of speech.

You lie. You insult and then? As all bullies do, you run away. Im the guy, like others here, who stand up to you. And we'll continue to do so. Because youre a coward.

Are you 5? It is a friggin curling site. Freedom of Speech means nothing on a person's website he has created for curling......it is for curling, not five year old bickering.

I told two people about this site today (not that you care), but I am now messaging to tell them, not to bother, it is only bashing and has nothing to do with curling. Freedom of Speech - lol, and my husband is military and he is laughing his ass off.