M: World Senior Curling Championships
Ostersund, SWE
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sat, Apr 27 -- 4:30am ET
CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2016 Scotties Tournament of Hearts

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 11 of 23 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-23-16 11:31PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: ranking-shtanking

quote:
Originally posted by Rock Your World

In order for Jolene Campbell to be the anointed saviour for Saskatchewans womens curling she has to win a Scotties like Amber Holland did or at least get to a semifinals like Stephanie Lawton did.. Or make the 2017 Roar of the Rings trials like Holland and Lawton have done in the past

Nobody has anointed anyone the saviour for SK curling. I've suggested that the best team on the final day of provincials is representing SK, nothing to do with previous teams results. This year Campbell is the best team in SK as proven as they are the rep at the Scotties. To say otherwise suggests the losers are better than the winner.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-24-16 12:08AM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

Re: Re: Re: ranking-shtanking

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

Nobody has anointed anyone the saviour for SK curling. I've suggested that the best team on the final day of provincials is representing SK, nothing to do with previous teams results. This year Campbell is the best team in SK as proven as they are the rep at the Scotties. To say otherwise suggests the losers are better than the winner.

Is Jenn Hanna the best team in Ontario this year? The fact is these playdowns always come down to one game, which is fine, but an inferior team can win one game against a superior team and win a province. It's not a slight to Hanna to say they are not the best team in Ontario. I'm quite sure they would agree.

02-24-16 12:14AM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Stoner

Manitoba.

Wait, what was her first province?

02-24-16 12:16AM
peteski
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Stoner
So who is going to lose, I said NB and NFLD before, I figured BC would have enough to stay up this time, but maybe they don't, so which of the 3 will it be?

I think it will be Newfoundland

02-24-16 12:27AM
peteski
Drawmaster

Let's assume Alberta, Canada and Northern Ontario will be in the top 4 spots. If those teams manage to win all the rest of their games, the other teams at 2 or 3 losses right now would all end up with 5 losses at best. PEI, meanwhile has played all 3, so at 2-4 you can't count them out yet. One thing is for sure, it would be huge to pull out a win against one of the top 3.

Imagine how pretty Quebec would be sitting if they hadn't given two teams their only wins.

02-24-16 01:26AM
maybo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maybo Visit maybo's homepage! Find more posts by maybo Add maybo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maybo
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by peteski

Wait, what was her first province?

She has played for more provinces besides Manitoba and Alberta?

Last edited by maybo on 02-24-16 at 01:29AM

02-24-16 01:30AM
peteski
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by maybo

It was Manitoba, peteski. She represented the bison two years ago in Montreal. This is Chelsea's second Alberta team...

I know. Stoner was saying that was her second province. If that was her second, what was her first?

02-24-16 05:45AM
maybo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maybo Visit maybo's homepage! Find more posts by maybo Add maybo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maybo
Hitting Paint

quote:

I know. Stoner was saying that was her second province. If that was her second, what was her first?

I have no idea, peteski. She's a Winnipeg native and I thought she only played provincially in Manitoba and Alberta.

02-24-16 07:55AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Let's assume Alberta, Canada and Northern Ontario will be in the top 4 spots. If those teams manage to win all the rest of their games, the other teams at 2 or 3 losses right now would all end up with 5 losses at best. PEI, meanwhile has played all 3, so at 2-4 you can't count them out yet. One thing is for sure, it would be huge to pull out a win against one of the top 3.

Imagine how pretty Quebec would be sitting if they hadn't given two teams their only wins.

please dont rub that in. its kind of a sore spot for me that if quebec didnt have a let down there that they could be 6-0 right now and almost guaranteed at least a tiebreaker now its a real question if they make playoffs

today is huge. hopefully they can somehow get out of the day 1-1

02-24-16 07:57AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Oh Hannada

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Oh Hannada

We stand on guard for thee,

Jenn Hanna comes into the game as long-shot fawns and emerge GIANT-killers

handing Chelsea Carey her first STOH defeat as an alberta skip.

Will CC go into a sulk as many have predicted or was this just a one-time thing?

Brit O'Neill (a curlerbroad favourite) just turned in a magnificent scoring performance - Karen Sagle appears to be a monster lead....

Most importantly - toppling a hometown monster has to have these Ontario ladies believing in themselves!

Oh Hannada!

i knew you would love that. jen being the first team to knock off carey.

02-24-16 08:02AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

predictions today:

nova scotia def. new brunswick
northern ontario def. saskatchewan
british columbia def. newfoundland
alberta def. quebec

alberta def. manitoba
ontario def. newfoundland
canada def.nova scotia
saskatchewan def.prince edward island

prince edward island def. british columbia
canada def. quebec
northern ontario def. manitoba
ontario def. new brunswick

note:

think its safe to say that the race to avoid relegation this year is on between newfoundland,new brunswick and british columbia. prince edward island could be down the table too but their wins over 2 of these 3 teams will see them place ahead of them so they should be safe . PEI should be able to get a couple more wins. its hard to say that about the other 3.

02-24-16 08:14AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Re: Oh Hannada

quote:
Oh Hannada

We stand on guard for thee,

Jenn Hanna comes into the game as long-shot fawns and emerge GIANT-killers

handing Chelsea Carey her first STOH defeat as an alberta skip.

Will CC go into a sulk as many have predicted or was this just a one-time thing?

Brit O'Neill (a curlerbroad favourite) just turned in a magnificent scoring performance - Karen Sagle appears to be a monster lead....

Most importantly - toppling a hometown monster has to have these Ontario ladies believing in themselves!

Oh Hannada!

Nothing made me happier to see Hanna win. She herself got the team out of a mess in 8 when Alberta looked to be getting 4 until Hanna made a super hit and roll followed up by a lovely draw.

However, the team played well, I felt Jenn's sister Steph was a bit off but fortunately the misses didn't hurt them. Russ was criticizing them for not talking nonstop to each other unlike Alberta who never shut up.

At one point he thought Brit should have asked Jenn why she missed, well maybe she already knew why and was able to correct the mistake.

Last edited by curlerbroad on 02-24-16 at 08:22AM

02-24-16 08:29AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

i dont know if anyone else watches tennis or did when she was active but to me jen's sister steph looks like french tennis player marion bartoli.

02-24-16 08:32AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:

No someone else posted this was her 3rd province - so I joked as to what was the second province - in between Manitoba and Alberta???

Perhaps she went hunting for players in Saskatchewan after being taken off Kristy McDonald's team (McDonald was third but there was great tension between them)....

Last year Carey skipped a Laura Crocker formed team - and after an unsuccessful season Crocker relegated her much the same way McDonald did.

This is Carey's third competitive ladies team - but NOT her third province!

I suspect if things somehow go south for Chelsea at this event she'll be looking with interest at BC - where the curling program appears weak.

Also suspect some of the Hanna-haters will be coming out of the woodwork to tell us Hanna only won cuz C Carey curled one of the worst games of her life. Sound familiar? Same excuse provided when she took out Homan - similar excuse to 2005 when she came within a divine intervention of toppling Jones.

Note to ML - your CZ message box is full.

02-24-16 09:46AM
maybo
Hitting Paint

Re: 2 Key Games this a.m.

quote:
Will Carey go into one of those sullen funks she's noted for when things go wrong

She sure didn't go into a funk after missing a game-winning draw in the Alta 1-2 game against Val. Her play the next day showed, to me, championship mettle.

02-24-16 09:46AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: 2 Key Games this a.m.

quote:
McCarville trying to keep herself in contention for #1 in round-robin with a win over Jolene's green machine. Jolene wobbling after a severe thrashing at the hands of Jennifer Jones - and Jones seldom finds time to thrash other teams.

If McCarville TKO's Jolene that puts Sask'n out of the hunt for 1-2 spots and in desperate quarters for a 3, 4 or tie-break.

Other key match is Chelsea Carey, coming off her stunning loss to Jenn the Jiant-Killer Hanna. Will Carey go into one of those sullen funks she's noted for when things go wrong - or can she rebound?

Carey pitted up the feisty Quebec skip Marie-France Larouche. On paper this one's a mis-match at pretty much every position except Annie Lemay. But games aren't played on paper - they're played on artificial ice.

i dont know.i think brenda and marie-france match up quite well with amy and chelsey .

while i do think that alberta will win this match hinges on the 3rds. if brenda can keep up with amy, and i do believe she's fully capable of doing so quebec's chances go up significantly

and you never do know what you'll get with larouche. when she is on her A game she can keep pace with chelsey for sure. if marie-france comes to play today this i'll be good one.

Last edited by misty1 on 02-24-16 at 09:48AM

02-24-16 10:31AM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Attendance looks a little sparse this year...almost as bad as Montreal? Is Grand Prairie difficult to get to or do Alberta fans prefer to listen to Russ, Vic and Cheryl from their armchairs?

02-24-16 11:08AM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

Interesting stat that was mentioned by the TSN crew... McCarville has no minuses so far and has outcurled every skip she has faced.. What a wonderful superwoman act she is displaying..Easily the MVP so far..Oh look in the 2nd end on her last rock she is facing 4 opponents stones and she bails her team out again

02-24-16 11:21AM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

quote:
... Oh look in the 2nd end on her last rock she is facing 4 opponents stones and she bails her team out again

Reality check - that can't go on forever. Her 2nd and 3rd need to start participating in the game.

Last edited by Guest on 02-24-16 at 11:28AM

02-24-16 11:22AM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

Krista is getting mad that her rocks are being overswept

02-24-16 11:26AM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Maybe they need better promotion...while I realize this was in a curling club - for the Mixed we offered a Senior's Special - $20 got you a morning or afternoon game plus lunch. It was very popular - that we dropped the age limit to 45 ;-)

Not sure if they have any marketing schemes like that but something like 2 for 1, draw with dinner, first 25 in the door get lunch with JJ...

02-24-16 11:32AM
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
first 25 in the door get lunch with JJ...

Sorry CB but that is very unrealistic

02-24-16 11:44AM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
Attendance looks a little sparse this year...almost as bad as Montreal? Is Grand Prairie difficult to get to or do Alberta fans prefer to listen to Russ, Vic and Cheryl from their armchairs?

The economy in Alberta has been a problem and ticket sales seem to be slumping because of it.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

02-24-16 12:11PM
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

"oh my goodness what do you guys want" Krista is fit to be tied she has had enough with the suggestions from the other end

02-24-16 12:36PM
ShiningBowie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ShiningBowie Click here to Send ShiningBowie a Private Message Find more posts by ShiningBowie Add ShiningBowie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ShiningBowie
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
I love Chelsea Careys rapid fire machine gun "hard..hard...hard..hard..hard..hard..hard..hard"

I have been using it as my cue at work to turn around and check the shot so I can listen and still get my work done