M: World Senior Curling Championships
Ostersund, SWE
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: SF -- Fri, Apr 26 -- 1:00pm ET
CAN (Flemming) Final
SWE (Wranaa) (EE)
GER (Kapp) Final
USA (Farbelow) 10  (7)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 17 of 30 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-05-15 07:02PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

i think thats silly. you dont have to be ranked in the top 10 in curling to be doing well.

It's not silly though when you don't have many teams playing the tour, but you have hundreds of players on the tennis tour, how hard is that to understand.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-05-15 07:22PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Where's Jean-Luc Menard ranked?

It's Jean Michel Menard.. OMG how can you not know his name the guy has skipped Quebec at the Brier 80% of the time since 2006 lol

Last edited by Rock Your World on 03-05-15 at 07:29PM

03-05-15 07:31PM
Par is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Par Click here to Send Par a Private Message Find more posts by Par Add Par to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Par
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Rock Your World

It's Jean Michel Menard.. OMG how can you not know his name the guy has skipped Quebec at the Brier 80% of the time since 2006 lol

The question wasn't "Who is this guy?" but "Where is he ranked (i.e. on the order of merit)?"

The answer is: 18th

03-05-15 07:35PM
Radio-Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radio-Man Click here to Send Radio-Man a Private Message Find more posts by Radio-Man Add Radio-Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

This Ontario team definitely has potential to do damage, but their inexperience (and suspect team chemistry) was clearly an impediment from realizing it.

"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent...who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."

03-05-15 08:02PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Stoner

It's not silly though when you don't have many teams playing the tour, but you have hundreds of players on the tennis tour, how hard is that to understand.

its not understanding you im having a problem with. i think being top 20 is doing well in any sport, doesnt matter what it is

would you also say that brendan bottcher is not doing a good job. i mean, he is only ranked 17th after all. reid carruthers isnt in the top 10 either. menard and cotter both outside it

if your standard is top 10 then your leaving out some very good teams and saying they arent doing well

Last edited by misty1 on 03-05-15 at 08:05PM

03-05-15 08:03PM
mcgregorm89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mcgregorm89 Click here to Send mcgregorm89 a Private Message Find more posts by mcgregorm89 Add mcgregorm89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mcgregorm89
Swing Artist

quote:

one could argue either way but maybe more so in it being a disadvantage. even a few more games can be huge and the qualifiers here go on a rollercoaster of emotions in a very short period of time so its no surprise that both have started slow.

tracy also said how tired she was by the middle of the week or so and you could see it at the end

3 extra games might not seem like much but it makes a big difference

and as far as tennis goes qualifier doesnt always mean a weaker player getting in

Well they know what they are going into from the start of provincial playdowns, can't keep up with the big boys than stay home. God knows we don't want anymore teams going 0-11.

03-05-15 08:07PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by mcgregorm89

Well they know what they are going into from the start of provincial playdowns, can't keep up with the big boys than stay home. God knows we don't want anymore teams going 0-11.

here's the thing. it doesnt matter who you have there because at the end of the week someone will be going 2-9 or 3-8 or something so relegation does nothing to wipe out those kind of records

03-05-15 08:08PM
mcgregorm89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mcgregorm89 Click here to Send mcgregorm89 a Private Message Find more posts by mcgregorm89 Add mcgregorm89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mcgregorm89
Swing Artist

quote:

Once again, a very poor comparison, just because the sports are different doesn't mean that there is any more or less advantage being a qualifier.

You made the tennis comparison it was pretty bad to begin with. I know when I curl I prefer to play games, it's the absolute best practice. If you get tired take up something else. You can throw all you want in practice but only game play will get you the experience needed.

03-05-15 08:10PM
CurlingGeek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingGeek Click here to Send CurlingGeek a Private Message Visit CurlingGeek's homepage! Find more posts by CurlingGeek Add CurlingGeek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

All four sheets matter tonight...should be a great draw.

TSN:

NL (8-2) v QC (6-4): NL needs a win for a shot at 1st place, Menard has a good chance at the playoffs, but a 5th loss makes it much harder.

NO (9-1) v CAN (7-3): NO locks up first with a win, Canada is guaranteed no worse than a tie break, but would love to win and get a free ride to the 3-4 game

CurlingGeek has the other two:

AB (4-5) v MB (4-5): The loser is out, the winner has a chance.

ON (3-6) v SK (6-3): Ontario is out, but SK controls their own playoff destiny. The field will be cheering for an Ontario upset to trigger some tiebreak possibilities.

The fun starts at 6:30 MT, 8:30 ET:

https://games.curlinggeek.com

03-05-15 08:15PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
alberta , sask , man , and ontario have to play 3 back to back games at
2:30, 6:30 , and 8:30
PM
that is ridiculous , unfair and fire the drawmaster

no one complained Tues when No, Nl, qc and Can had 3 back to back inc wed morning. If 3 games are too much, then I would suggest more work in the gym is necessary.

03-05-15 08:18PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:

You made the tennis comparison it was pretty bad to begin with. I know when I curl I prefer to play games, it's the absolute best practice. If you get tired take up something else. You can throw all you want in practice but only game play will get you the experience needed.

You clearly don't know what you are saying.

03-05-15 08:21PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by decade

no one complained Tues when No, Nl, qc and Can had 3 back to back inc wed morning. If 3 games are too much, then I would suggest more work in the gym is necessary.

I agree with Fresca. I can't see why some teams have played two more games than other teams. I admit I'm not about to work throught the whole schedule but there must be a way around that. It wasn't any fairer early in the week either but more tension now. Not a matter of being in shape, it is mentally draining.

03-05-15 08:26PM
mcgregorm89
Swing Artist

quote:

You clearly don't know what you are saying.

Says the guy who argued Swiss national championship until proven wrong and still tried to argue. It's you who has no clue bud, it's you.

03-05-15 08:30PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:

its not understanding you im having a problem with. i think being top 20 is doing well in any sport, doesnt matter what it is

would you also say that brendan bottcher is not doing a good job. i mean, he is only ranked 17th after all. reid carruthers isnt in the top 10 either. menard and cotter both outside it

if your standard is top 10 then your leaving out some very good teams and saying they arent doing well

I suppose you are correct, but top 20 in curling is probably about top 80 in tennis.

03-05-15 08:33PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

quote:

Hardly, Jacobs is slaying right now and again they aren't even at their best, it's going to take a lot from other teams to match their level, you should know by now that if this team is going, which is most of the time, they are basically impossible to stop, they are the best in the world for a reason.

so Team Jacobs is riding high in standings after seeing Brad Gushue dismantle N.O. in earlier draw well their not invincible are they ?

03-05-15 08:36PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:

Says the guy who argued Swiss national championship until proven wrong and still tried to argue. It's you who has no clue bud, it's you.

Nice try there, but you know I totally wasn't, Gerry said so, I was at least partly right.

03-05-15 08:36PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

I suppose you are correct, but top 20 in curling is probably about top 80 in tennis.

that doesnt work because you have 1000+ players ranked in tennis so if your ranked 80 in tennis your doing extremely well

03-05-15 08:38PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:

that analogy doesnt work because you have 1000+ players ranked in tennis so if your ranked 80 in tennis your doing extremely well

Fine, so it's about 250 then, happy. So team Kean is far worse than you say, but top 80 is doing well, but it's barely keeping you on the main tour, so it's not that well, which is where I rate Kean on the curling tour.

Last edited by Stoner on 03-05-15 at 08:40PM

03-05-15 08:39PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Fine, so it's about 250 then, happy.

lol, no because being 250 out of about 1500 is still doing incredibly well

03-05-15 08:41PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:

lol, no because being 250 out of about 1500 is still doing incredibly well

Fine, so Kean is really not doing that well.

03-05-15 08:43PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Fine, so it's about 250 then, happy. So team Kean is far worse than you say, but top 80 is doing well, but it's barely keeping you on the main tour, so it's not that well, which is where I rate Kean on the curling tour.

yeah but then you have to say the same thing about bottcher. if being 20 in the world is about 80 or 250 then being 17 would be about what..70. so i guess they arent doing very good either

i guess bottcher and menard are just barely keeping themselves on main tour too'

and dont tell me no because you cant apply that standard to kean and not everyone else

03-05-15 08:44PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Fine, so Kean is really not doing that well.

your just making yourself look foolish for the reasons i listed above

03-05-15 08:50PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:

your just making yourself look foolish for the reasons i listed above

Just joking, I knew what you meant.

03-05-15 08:52PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Is this a briar curling blog?

03-05-15 09:12PM
BurnedStone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BurnedStone Click here to Send BurnedStone a Private Message Find more posts by BurnedStone Add BurnedStone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BurnedStone
Harvey Hacksmasher

THANKS FOR THE COVERAGE GEEK