M: World Senior Curling Championships
Ostersund, SWE
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: SF -- Fri, Apr 26 -- 1:00pm ET
CAN (Flemming) Final
SWE (Wranaa) (EE)
GER (Kapp) Final
USA (Farbelow) 10  (7)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2015 Scotties Tournament of Hearts

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 21 of 22 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-22-15 09:50PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
One of the best skips to never win a Scotties.....yet.

best not to have a medal for sure

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-22-15 11:12PM
BurnedStone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BurnedStone Click here to Send BurnedStone a Private Message Find more posts by BurnedStone Add BurnedStone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BurnedStone
Harvey Hacksmasher

Talking WooHoo

WOO Congratulations Jen

Last edited by BurnedStone on 02-22-15 at 11:43PM

02-22-15 11:14PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

Too bad that such a great game has to end with such a boring 10th end. Too many ends like that one -- time for change?

Congrats to team Jones. Too bad they could not give more credit to their opponents than a quick handshake while passing them on their way to the house.

02-22-15 11:14PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

crappy end to the tournament. stef gets 4th again and jen wins again.
wpuld have been nice to see val win, just to have a fresh face as canada. also would have been great to have the home team on the podium

oh my god legend is going to be unbearable. there should be 4 or 5 jen tribute threads popping up in the next week or so

i ghink i might take a break fro here for a week just so i dont have to put up with that

Last edited by misty1 on 02-22-15 at 11:20PM

02-22-15 11:35PM
murphyj87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for murphyj87 Click here to Send murphyj87 a Private Message Visit murphyj87's homepage! Find more posts by murphyj87 Add murphyj87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
murphyj87
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
I really liked how Val Sweeting never panics. She just kept making shots. Really tormented Jones at all positions.

Al Hackner lost in the 1980 and 1981 Brier finals before he won in 1982. Perhaps Sweeting will follow this pattern.

02-22-15 11:54PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by murphyj87

Al Hackner lost in the 1980 and 1981 Brier finals before he won in 1982. Perhaps Sweeting will follow this pattern.

Hope so.
I'm going to find it really easy to cheer for Eve at the worlds this year.

02-23-15 12:11AM
5thstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 5thstone Find more posts by 5thstone Add 5thstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
5thstone
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by guido

Hope so.
I'm going to find it really easy to cheer for Eve at the worlds this year.

Great game. I was hoping Alberta can somehow pull it off. I will be cheering for the Ice Queen at the Worlds. I'm not a Jones fan as much as I like Lawes esp. and Officer.

02-23-15 12:40AM
EasyEd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EasyEd Click here to Send EasyEd a Private Message Find more posts by EasyEd Add EasyEd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EasyEd
Knee-Slider

Hey All,

Great games! Congrats to Jen and team. I have been a Jennifer Jones fan since "the shot".

Really have to feel for Steph. Even as old as I am (older than Sherry) - I think it is time to replace Sherry and maybe should have been done before now. She seemed kind of lost at times when the big pressure was on. Steph is in her prime and really should win some big ones.

Good on ya Rachel for meeting that young girl. k:

-Ed-

02-23-15 02:38AM
Loony is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Loony Click here to Send Loony a Private Message Find more posts by Loony Add Loony to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Loony
Swing Artist

Way to go Jennifer and the rest of your team, especially to Kaitlyn for getting her first Scotties!!!

They were far and away the best team all week and again tonight they showed they know how to get it done. They'll be terrific representatives of Canada at the Worlds. I'm so happy for them.

02-23-15 03:17AM
joboo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joboo Find more posts by joboo Add joboo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joboo
Knee-Slider

One of, if not the best womens finals I have ever seen. Congrats to Merk on what looked like one of the best ice I have ever scene for a Can. champions.

02-23-15 06:33AM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

The level of play and complexity of made shots kept increasing as the week went on to the point that the playoff games were back and forth amazing shot after shot. Wow, the women's game has jumped leap years in quality of late. That was a great final.

Here's the only quibble. The last end when Sweeting repeatedly put up the center guard until she ran out of options. Was she expecting a miss? Fat chance. Team Jones will rip off 100% of those guards in their sleep. Why not freeze on those biter yellows, or draw behind the existing corner guard. I believe in future, curlers will look at the odds of this particular strategy and come up with something that provides a bit more of a challenge to the opposition.

n.b. Steph drop Sherry? No way, she was the heart and backbone of the team. You must have been watching some other game. Never seemed lost at all and came through as the pressure ramped up. Sorry your team lost, but no need to look for a scapegoat.

02-23-15 07:15AM
Cosss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cosss Click here to Send Cosss a Private Message Find more posts by Cosss Add Cosss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cosss
Hitting Paint

Awesome!! Congrats to Team Manitoba on their win! To win the Scotties immediately after an Olympic gold is just amazing!

02-23-15 07:20AM
greenroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greenroad Click here to Send greenroad a Private Message Find more posts by greenroad Add greenroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greenroad
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Cosss
Awesome!! Congrats to Team Manitoba on their win! To win the Scotties immediately after an Olympic gold is just amazing!

I also would like to add my congrats to Jenn and her colleagues for a near picture perfect performance at the Scotties this year. To me the team looked a bit odd in their Manitoba togs. Next year it will seem more natural to see them in their Team Canada gear.

02-23-15 08:52AM
greenroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greenroad Click here to Send greenroad a Private Message Find more posts by greenroad Add greenroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greenroad
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by johnnysmoke
Here's the only quibble. The last end when Sweeting repeatedly put up the center guard until she ran out of options. Was she expecting a miss? Fat chance. Team Jones will rip off 100% of those guards in their sleep. Why not freeze on those biter yellows, or draw behind the existing corner guard. I believe in future, curlers will look at the odds of this particular strategy and come up with something that provides a bit more of a challenge to the opposition.

Point well made. The 10th end lacked drama unless of course you were fearing (hoping?) that one of the Jones crew would misthrow - unlikely. If you get anything into the rings, even if only lightly hidden, there is always a (slim) hope. Who knows what can happen in the last shot? A bit light and sits in the 12 foot? As it was Jones went past the button but never enough to worry about.

02-23-15 08:59AM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

not to sound off as a 'told you so"....but Val

and her team had at least three or four rocks "rub" on guards while attempting come around shots...thus not setting up end or execution of shot ...could make or break a end....

02-23-15 09:00AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

the funny thing is that if val had gotten her rock fully covered and biting the 8 foot then, considering how heavy jen was on her last that might have been her winning point

02-23-15 09:19AM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

I'm not a Jones fan but I can't deny that they were far and above the best team all week. Their only loss came to NS when the ice was definitely different from all others draws. Manitoba definitely deserved this Scotties title. We'll see if they can convert it into a world title next month in Sapporo!

02-23-15 09:28AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

And its no fluke for all the Jones-haters lurking on this site and that sham site Curl Geek - - - JONES DESTROYED VAL TWICE BEFORE - in the round-robin, in the 1-2 and then in the classic final. [/B][/QUOTE]

No need to slam a site providing a service to others who did not have tsn
access justt because they cut you off for being obnoxious again. It was quite enjoyable not having you there

02-23-15 09:29AM
Justintwiss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Justintwiss Click here to Send Justintwiss a Private Message Find more posts by Justintwiss Add Justintwiss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Justintwiss
Hitting Paint

The player that impressed me the most this week was stephanie schmidt. I hope she plays with someone or skips her own team nextr year. Like to see her as a third. Great shooter.

02-23-15 10:02AM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

quote:

Thata always the deal after a game. Val was lucky Jones front end removed both back end biters with a front rock clear that went slightly awry. Val didn't want to crash on that short 12 foot guard so she took a bit of extra ice - and with tight weight she barely pinched the house.

Drawing an empty house is sometimes harder than it looks. Especially when a Canadian championship and long-term legacy is one the line!

It's definitely not easy, I remember Matlida Mattson(swe) having a draw to the full 12 to win the 2001 World Juniors and she threw it through against Suzanne Gaudet.

02-23-15 10:03AM
Sean
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Justintwiss
The player that impressed me the most this week was stephanie schmidt. I hope she plays with someone or skips her own team nextr year. Like to see her as a third. Great shooter.

Maybe Lawton will kick out Anderson and replace her with Schmidt??

02-23-15 10:22AM
MBCurl204 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MBCurl204 Click here to Send MBCurl204 a Private Message Find more posts by MBCurl204 Add MBCurl204 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MBCurl204
Knee-Slider

New to posting but not new to this site. Just wanted to join in on this discussion.

First off - I want to congratulate Val Sweeting. I've never seen Jen Jones visably stress. A Lot of verbal panicking, especially during the 1-2 game. A great game of forced difficult shots (though Officer's drop of the F Bomb was the hi-lite of the night lol).Although it is expected that Jones will nail the shot every time - her draws to the button weren't accurate by any means. Even though Sweeting only had the biter on the 12, there was still a VERY good chance Jen's would have gone deep, and it almost did. It was definitely a game of inches last night.

Second, I can't think of a better representative for the leaf. I know some people want "fresh faces", but for me what it comes down to is have the BEST represent our country. Val Sweeting is young and has definitely a promising future ahead of her. But for now - it's still the Jones show.

02-23-15 10:23AM
RockDoc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RockDoc Click here to Send RockDoc a Private Message Find more posts by RockDoc Add RockDoc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RockDoc
Swing Artist

Thoroughly enjoyable game. I didn't know who to cheer for--I like the way both teams play, and how they are so resilient--so I just wanted a really crackling game, and we got one. Neither team let the other run away with it, and it really came down to hammer on even ends and good execution. Both teams looked uncharacteristically tight at times--understandable given the stakes--but this time old age and treachery beat youth and inexperience. (And of course Val is not inexperienced and Jennifer is not old--just using a turn of phrase.) All four finalists were winners in my book. It's too bad three don't get to be on the top step. It's tough to lose the final, but as I always tell my own teams: "You can't win it if you aren't in it."

Best wishes to Team Canada in the Worlds. I not too optimistic about the U.S. team.

Cheers.

02-23-15 10:31AM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

Any time that you beat a quality team like Sweeting 3x in a row, you deserve full marks. Hopefully Jones & Co. can bring the World title back to Canada where it belongs.

02-23-15 10:40AM
Justintwiss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Justintwiss Click here to Send Justintwiss a Private Message Find more posts by Justintwiss Add Justintwiss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Justintwiss
Hitting Paint

quote:

Anderson is 52 or 53, Singler is 40. Should be room to upgrade that team, especially with an ace like Schmidt.

I suspect Lawton will have another go with both Sherrys in tow. (and Marliese, of course)

Some recurring rumours about Schmidt and Michelle Englot hooking up. Also wonder if Jo Courtney is safe - especially if Homan reviews the STOH thoroughly. Schmidt would be killer at second with Homan. Or third with Chelsea Carey, perhaps?

Carey's problem is there always the spectre of acrimony with her thirds. Saw it in Manitoba with Kristy McDonald, even a bit with Laura Crocker.

Careys problem is carey herself. My opinion is she needs to play third for someone and learn how to call a better game before she has any hope of winning a scotties. Hey maybe she will move back to manitoba now that Jen wont be there again.

There are some good young teams that Schmidt would fit in nicely with. Maybe Thrish Paulson if they are looking. Spellings not a strength for me so if any names are not right sorry lol