M: World Senior Curling Championships
Ostersund, SWE
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: SF -- Fri, Apr 26 -- 1:00pm ET
CAN (Flemming) Final
SWE (Wranaa) (EE)
GER (Kapp) Final
USA (Farbelow) 10  (7)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2015 Scotties Tournament of Hearts

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 14 of 22 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-19-15 09:01PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

A pattern is developing here. The Homan crew is a better team when Earle Morris is their coach. 3 years ago they swallowed their pride and begged Earle to come back perhaps they need to do it again

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-19-15 09:08PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Origicall a y posted by Manitoba Legend
Spotted Earle Morris in the crowd this afternoon. Well, well, well doesn't Earle get around.

Thought he didn't have a dog in this fight?

Why would you call any highly talented athlete thst made it to a canadian championship a dog???
How insulting.

02-19-15 09:14PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

and canada can only get 1 back in 4

i dont have a lot of belief that new brunswick can hold on but it would set up a great storyline for canadas match with northern ontario if they could. and if they can there would be a scenario in play where rachel misses playoffs

also - screw you tsn for delaying the game an hour and a half for some stupid jets game.

02-19-15 09:39PM
5thstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 5thstone Find more posts by 5thstone Add 5thstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
5thstone
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
and canada can only get 1 back in 4

i dont have a lot of belief that new brunswick can hold on but it would set up a great storyline for canadas match with northern ontario if they could. and if they can there would be a scenario in play where rachel misses playoffs

also - screw you tsn for delaying the game an hour and a half for some stupid jets game.

Don't say that to the Winnipeg Jets fans! They're a mean bunch, just ask Evandor Kane . Can somebody reboot and do an antivirus patch for the Homan machine asap? They seem to have a bit of malware in their system since playing Jones!

02-19-15 09:49PM
milobloom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for milobloom Click here to Send milobloom a Private Message Visit milobloom's homepage! Find more posts by milobloom Add milobloom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
milobloom
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by GregJP

I guess that means that a dime can have momentum.

GregJP, you must read my Curl With Math blog or possibly have purchased my e-book. If not, you should.

Momentum has become king or queen of the terribly over used cliches, in a world (sports broadcasting) of cliches. Momentum the word is like the use of luck, in that it exists, but only to describe a past outcome. A person who wins the meat draw at the Legion Friday night and then gets a hole in one the next morning is "lucky". We can use the word, but should all realize this apparent 'luck" wasn't a tangible magical occurrence but the outcome of random chance.

Not sure if this discussion is now physics or philosophy, but for more on momentum, read Bill Barnwell's article from Super Bowl XLVII...
http://grantland.com/features/bill-...entum-football/

02-19-15 11:12PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

new brunswick

they did it! new brunswick knocked off canada. sylvie made a great draw that neither rus or rachel thought was there.

rachel now in serious danger of missing playoffs all together

started 4-0 and now gone 2-4 since

02-19-15 11:14PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
The end of the round-robin has kinda ended in a whimper. Valberta don't seem to be up for their game vs. Sask. Sask'n is willing to take the donation.

Homan having problems with lowly N.B.

Don't know what to think about Jones. Only saving grace is getting another shot on morning TV. Jen loves to curl on TV - and she's hoping Val might be more disinterested in their evening affair. Val will be super up for the Friday evening game, especially after her indifferent performance tonite!

nope. morning game is canada v.s northern ontario

02-19-15 11:17PM
Dackle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dackle Click here to Send Dackle a Private Message Find more posts by Dackle Add Dackle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dackle
Hitting Paint

Awesome draw, Sylvie! I sure am hoping NO can win tomorrow.

02-19-15 11:21PM
brandondhont is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brandondhont Find more posts by brandondhont Add brandondhont to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brandondhont
Knee-Slider

quote:
Originally posted by Dackle
Awesome draw, Sylvie! I sure am hoping NO can win tomorrow.

Wow, me too! Who would have guessed that the reigning champion would be facing the relegation winner in the final draw for inclusion into the playoffs? Can't wait! (And c'mon NO!)

02-19-15 11:22PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Dackle
Awesome draw, Sylvie!

A draw Homan said wasn't there. Oops

02-19-15 11:25PM
Radio-Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radio-Man Click here to Send Radio-Man a Private Message Find more posts by Radio-Man Add Radio-Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

We know who Saskatchewan, Alberta and MB are rooting for.

"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent...who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."

02-19-15 11:26PM
mcgregorm89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mcgregorm89 Click here to Send mcgregorm89 a Private Message Find more posts by mcgregorm89 Add mcgregorm89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mcgregorm89
Swing Artist

quote:
The end of the round-robin has kinda ended in a whimper. Valberta don't seem to be up for their game vs. Sask. Sask'n is willing to take the donation.

Homan having problems with lowly N.B.

Don't know what to think about Jones. Only saving grace is getting another shot on morning TV. Jen loves to curl on TV - and she's hoping Val might be more disinterested in their evening affair. Val will be super up for the Friday evening game, especially after her indifferent performance tonite!

How is this a bad thing, everyone complains when the top elite teams win every thing. The bottom teams are showing the top teams that they are competitive and this only makes it more entertaining for the fans.

02-19-15 11:26PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by ObsessiveCurler

A draw Homan said wasn't there. Oops

and a draw rus howard said he really didnt like

02-19-15 11:33PM
Radio-Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radio-Man Click here to Send Radio-Man a Private Message Find more posts by Radio-Man Add Radio-Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

This is the best way I can describe the last few days for TC and what teams have been doing to them....

"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent...who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."

02-19-15 11:36PM
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

and a draw rus howard said he really didnt like

Russ thought it would rub off the stone top button. The NB skip did much better, obviously.

Last edited by Radio-Man on 02-19-15 at 11:48PM

02-19-15 11:42PM
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

quote:

Old adage! Be careful what you wish for!!!

If Tiny Tracy knocks out Homan she'll be higher than a kite!

Very doable for the sisters considering Rachel is seemingly having to pull rabbits out of a hat due to a struggling second and uneven, streaky third.

Right now I get the feeling that Lawton would handle the winner comfortably.

Last edited by Radio-Man on 02-19-15 at 11:50PM

02-19-15 11:47PM
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

Honestly, I don't think Rachel would have rubbed if she threw it well, Russ made it sound inevitable.....I think she should have played the draw. She made a great shot but Sylvie stole the show.

02-20-15 12:26AM
jzwanzig is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jzwanzig Click here to Send jzwanzig a Private Message Find more posts by jzwanzig Add jzwanzig to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jzwanzig
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Hack Weight
TSN has decided to torture viewers with NB vs NS this afternoon. It's too bad AB, MB and TC can't just play a quadruple round robin.

Yup, and NB beat TC just like NS did.

02-20-15 12:34AM
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

And the first representatives from NO can make history, twice. Wild week.

02-20-15 12:41AM
GregJP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GregJP Click here to Send GregJP a Private Message Find more posts by GregJP Add GregJP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GregJP
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by milobloom
GregJP, you must read my Curl With Math blog or possibly have purchased my e-book.

I've read your blog a few times, but all of this is old hat to me.

I've been having these discussions with guys in my fantasy baseball league and other baseball forums for years.

In baseball "luck" is a dirty word. It's all about grit, desire, and will to win. (especially if you're white)

Like I mentioned previously, it's human nature. People have difficulty believing in and especially understanding randomness. They look for patterns in the randomness. Like the piece of toast that miraculously has the face of your Aunt Edna on it.

02-20-15 02:15AM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

quote:

I think NB just knocked Jones off of morning TV

02-20-15 03:28AM
Hack Weight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hack Weight Click here to Send Hack Weight a Private Message Find more posts by Hack Weight Add Hack Weight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hack Weight
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by jzwanzig

Yup, and NB beat TC just like NS did.

My apologies for insulting two teams that combined to go 8-13. All credit to them for battling and pulling off some great upsets, but it doesn't change the fact they had no realistic chance of winning this year's Scotties.

Great drama tomorrow morning with the pseudo-tiebreaker between NO and CAN. In the big picture, CAN needs to beat NO, SK, AB and MB four straight games to win the Scotties. That's a tall task at the best of times, but the way they have been curling in recent games (and not winning a spiel all season) makes it hard to fathom it happening this weekend.

The AB vs MB double-header tomorrow is eerily similar to the Martin vs Morris scenario at last year's Roar where both teams knew before their final round robin match that they would face each other in the semi-final. Martin won the round robin affair (and hammer in the semi-final), but of course Morris won the semi. It's difficult to beat a quality team twice within 18 hours.

02-20-15 07:22AM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by mcgregorm89

How is this a bad thing, everyone complains when the top elite teams win every thing. The bottom teams are showing the top teams that they are competitive and this only makes it more entertaining for the fans.

your not kidding Homam having problems against New Brunswick!!!! SORRY I never seen game but when I learned of the score, well I thought IT ONLY REINFORCES MY BELIEF on any given day anybody can be beaten , or beat another team...(sigh) such is Canadian Ladies championships ...NOW IF ONLY SUZANNE and her rink could of done this ?

Last edited by sternwheeler on 02-20-15 at 07:24AM

02-20-15 07:42AM
curler2014 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curler2014 Click here to Send curler2014 a Private Message Find more posts by curler2014 Add curler2014 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curler2014
Harvey Hacksmasher

I am not trying to take away from NB's win over TC, and yes they are all dealing with the same conditions, but to see both Jones and Homan struggle, not just miss a shot here and there, but outright struggle to put the broom in the right place, you have to think the ice is inconsistent. I've never seen so much late finish and weight coming off the stones. And inconsistency favors the weaker teams because sometimes it doesn't matter if the broom is in the right or wrong place, the weaker teams may not hit the broom dead on or throw slightly more or less weight and then the outcome of the shot is close to what they wanted as opposed to a miss. I see this all the time on inconsistent club ice - we hit the broom and throw the weight and miss; watch the much weaker opponents almost fall and fling it outside and all of a sudden they've made a shot. Frustrating.

It's really too bad that with all the resources and experience, Dave Merklinger consistently produces the worst ice of all CCA events. It can curl 6 feet or 1 foot, I don't care...just make it do the same thing every time.

02-20-15 07:52AM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curler2014
I am not trying to take away from NB's win over TC, and yes they are all dealing with the same conditions, but to see both Jones and Homan struggle, not just miss a shot here and there, but outright struggle to put the broom in the right place, you have to think the ice is inconsistent. I've never seen so much late finish and weight coming off the stones. And inconsistency favors the weaker teams because sometimes it doesn't matter if the broom is in the right or wrong place, the weaker teams may not hit the broom dead on or throw slightly more or less weight and then the outcome of the shot is close to what they wanted as opposed to a miss. I see this all the time on inconsistent club ice - we hit the broom and throw the weight and miss; watch the much weaker opponents almost fall and fling it outside and all of a sudden they've made a shot. Frustrating.

It's really too bad that with all the resources and experience, Dave Merklinger consistently produces the worst ice of all CCA events. It can curl 6 feet or 1 foot, I don't care...just make it do the same thing every time.

I think many would agree with you on perhaps the ice conditions , WILL THIS REMAIN A BLACK CLOUD HANGING OVER THE HEADS OF CCA officials or will they just shrug it off?