M: World Senior Curling Championships
Ostersund, SWE
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: SF -- Fri, Apr 26 -- 1:00pm ET
CAN (Flemming) Final
SWE (Wranaa) (EE)
GER (Kapp) Final
USA (Farbelow) 10  (7)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2015 Scotties Tournament of Hearts

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 11 of 22 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-18-15 04:12PM
mcgregorm89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mcgregorm89 Click here to Send mcgregorm89 a Private Message Find more posts by mcgregorm89 Add mcgregorm89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mcgregorm89
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

i agree, its great to see team step up, take their chances and get a huge win. Nova scotia could easily be 5-3 right now. they had tight games against saskatchewan and pei that they could have won. the difference here was that they took their chances

i think that we will see teams at the bottom, desperate to avoid relegation pull off some upsets on unsuspecting top teams toward the end. so teams that have their eyes on the playoffs might have to watch out for teams like new brunswick, BC and quebec now

I think the CCA was trying to make it more completive with relegation but its going to be interesting to see if any more bottom feeders can knock off the top teams. Which is the part in any sport when the underdogs pull of upsets. For sure the top teams are going to have to watch out and bring their A game to every draw.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-18-15 04:15PM
milobloom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for milobloom Click here to Send milobloom a Private Message Visit milobloom's homepage! Find more posts by milobloom Add milobloom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
milobloom
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Jones has barfed up two sub 70% games in a row. Not a good sign. She got off the hook vs. Homan cuz of Rich Hart's coaching botch-up but Mary Anne cut them down to size.

Is it me or is Jones screaming at shriek levels never heard before on some of her mis-guided shots?

She keeps turning in 70% games and she might be hard pressed to make the page - that's the kind of percentages the newbies like Loren Mann and Patti Knezevic and New Brunwick are putting in. I definitely don't see her slithering by Valberta with this kind of curling!!!

ML, were we watching the same game?

If Jennifer draws for 2 in the 9th the game is all but done. I fail to see how the now infamous "Hart decision" in 10 would matter.

And, per my article, the decision to draw was not so foolish and has some merits. The double peel was not going to generate an automatic deuce and a win. Now, if there were 3 rocks to go, likely a different story.

02-18-15 05:20PM
curler2014 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curler2014 Click here to Send curler2014 a Private Message Find more posts by curler2014 Add curler2014 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curler2014
Harvey Hacksmasher

TSN - please stop showing Saskatchewan games. They are a bore. I'd rather watch BC or NB because at least there are rocks in play and you never know when they will make a shot as opposed to missing.

Lawton will never win against AB, TC or MB (even if JJ curled like she did against NS). You can't be this friggen defensive this day and age and expect to win. Waiting for opponents misses on wide open shots is downright disgraceful and I hope they don't make the playoffs. For shame for the game, the fans, the sponsors and the people who could be there instead.

02-18-15 05:27PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Even without JJ's brainfart that resulted in giving the Scotians a three I thought Mary Anne was on top of JJ from the get-go. Once JJ started blaming the ice for every missed shot she was done like dinner.

oh i agree. remember that mary anne almost made a double for a multiple score in the first end

i think jj kind of unraveled after the second end when she got greedy and tried a really hard shot for 3 when she could have easily drawn for 2

02-18-15 05:57PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Actually I think its great for curling to have a veteran like Mary Anne teamed with a bunch of fawns knock off an Olympic champion every once in a while. Makes it look attainable and gives everyone hope.

Hope they can put in a decent effort vs. The Mean Girls this afternoon. Nothing like chopping down JJ and then getting sand-blasted in your next outing!

Do your own words taste good?

02-18-15 06:27PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by ObsessiveCurler
Great to see the bluenosers upset the favs from Manitoba. Maybe that'll quiet Russ and Vic up about how bad Maritimers are at curling for a day.
ahhhhh don't count on it though, any one CAN BEAT anyone at some point in time remember that? "bluenosers" have nothing to feel ashamed about ....sure somewhere Coleen Jones is snickering while chewing hey gum hahahah

02-18-15 06:30PM
jzwanzig is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jzwanzig Click here to Send jzwanzig a Private Message Find more posts by jzwanzig Add jzwanzig to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jzwanzig
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Hack Weight
TSN has decided to torture viewers with NB vs NS this afternoon. It's too bad AB, MB and TC can't just play a quadruple round robin.

Oh my goodness, Nova Scotia 7, TC 6. Can you imagine?

02-18-15 06:31PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

what a brilliant day for nova scotia. they totally outcurled manitoba and canada from start to finish

02-18-15 06:34PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

quote:
what a brilliant day for nova scotia. they totally outcurled manitoba and canada from start to finish
here here for Maritimers....Mmmmm would be nice for Suzanne to hang in tough against Holman in evening draw..... wonder who will face more pressure ?

02-18-15 06:43PM
Radio-Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radio-Man Click here to Send Radio-Man a Private Message Find more posts by Radio-Man Add Radio-Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

Just get to the playoffs already

1v2: Jones vs. Sweeting
3v4: Homan vs. Lawton

"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent...who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."

Last edited by Radio-Man on 02-18-15 at 06:45PM

02-18-15 06:47PM
Love2Curl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Love2Curl Click here to Send Love2Curl a Private Message Find more posts by Love2Curl Add Love2Curl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Love2Curl
Hitting Paint

Wow Mary Anne. I can't think of another curler I wish success to than her. 2 fantastic games today. I bet her 3 young teammates are on top of the world right now. Good for them. Dropping 5 games though should put them out of the playoff's, but any thing can happen.

I am willing to bet the CCA is happy with that as well.

02-18-15 06:50PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

quote:

I'm a Homan fan but even I couldn't be terribly unhappy with the result. Mary-Anne just flat out out-curled everyone.

02-18-15 06:55PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Love2Curl
Wow Mary Anne.. Dropping 5 games though should put them out of the playoff's, but any thing can happen.

So.. just checked. NS has two games in hand over all of the teams with 3 losses. NO, ON and PEI. TWO of three teams still have to face TC and MB, the other has to face AB and NO who will be clawing to stay at 4 losses. Guess it depends how SK does. 5 losses is an outside possibility. Maryanne faces Mann and the Prince George women. Could get two w's there.

But prob TC MB AB and SK ... faint hope is fun to dance with. Highly unlikely that Steph and gang will lose 3 of their last 4. AB is on their list and NO, Birt and Robichaud. So prob 4losses is the fix.

Last edited by nelski on 02-18-15 at 07:01PM

02-18-15 06:56PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Radio-Man
Just get to the playoffs already

1v2: Jones vs. Sweeting
3v4: Homan vs. Lawton

I must say I thought there'd be more of a fight for that 4th spot, not looking that way so far with 5 draws left since I see SK finishing 8-3.

02-18-15 07:27PM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

okay the curling gawds may be what they are, but Islanders will be UP FOR THIS MATCH UP AGAINST HOLMAN

02-18-15 07:58PM
Dackle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dackle Click here to Send Dackle a Private Message Find more posts by Dackle Add Dackle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dackle
Hitting Paint

Sternwheeler,

It's Homan, not Holman. I hope Birt can win tonight, too.

Manitoba Legend,

Why do you think it's unlikely that JJ can bounce back?
she can't win every game, NS had a banner day today and curled very well, deserving both their wins.

you seem to pick on Jones a lot.

Last edited by Dackle on 02-18-15 at 08:00PM

02-18-15 07:58PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
This has to be one of the greatest days for Nova Scotia curling in many years.

Mary Anne - the last remaining vestige of the Coco Dynasty slays two behemoths of the game. Mary Anne and her little band of fawns. Outright slaughtered JJ and then stood toe to toe with the greatest technical team in the game, eventually subduing them.

Now, I know what some of you are waiting for. A prediction that JJ is gonna be Fawn-Bombed by one of the weakest teams in Maritime history - Sylvie Robichaud.

Possible? Yes. Probable? No.

However, if Jones does drop a massive deuce on tonite's feature (I certainly hope its the feature as NB deserves a full TV game) she might lose out (6-5) and create a massive jam for the final playoff berth. I'm assuming Valberta, Homan and Lawton lose no more than 3 games each - and Val may be the one who goes 10-1 or 11-0 (well she's the only one with the possibility)

But imagine the joy in Maritime curling.

The Olympic Gold Medallist get slaughtered by Mary Anne and her youngsters.

The Mean Girls get TKO'd by Mary Anne.

And now the possibility Sylvie Robichaud delivers Jones head on a platter.

My prediction. Although I can't go all out for a Jones loss I suspect Jones is still substantially out of sorts and has a difficult time subduing young Robichaud!

okay legend, enough. calling robichaud one of the weakest teams in maritime history is just not okay

i'll do a little predicting about tonight myself:

saskatchewan v.s northern ontario - will be a close match. tracy badly needs this win as she still has canada and manitoba to play. with 3 losses already she still might need to defeat both of those teams to have a chance but if she loses this she definately will. saskatchewan has not looked great here and has gone very defensive minded for some reason. tracy has hammer so count on her to start things off and force saskatchewan to play with rocks in play.
prediction: northern ontario

canada v.s prince edward island - rachel and team canada looked shaky against nova scotia and even against manitoba they didnt look that great. prince edward island and suzanne can beat them. shelley bradley is probably one of the best pure shot makers from the maritimes anywhere and suzanne can make a ton of shots. if suzanne and shelley can keep up with emma and rachel this could get interesting.
prediction: canada

ontario v.s alberta - ontario has had close games with every one of the favorites coming in but come up just short. they have proven they can hang with the top teams now can they finally get a win?. i think they can but it will again require that julie and christy hang with lor and val. alberta has the edge at lead anmd second and will probablky set things up better
prediction: ontario

manitoba v.s new brunswick - jen is very good at putting bad performances behind her and i expect her to do it here. sylvie might want to keep things as simple as she can. if she can lure jen into a defensive style and keep close all the way to the end ..its her only chance. rebecca will be key here to set things up or bail sylvie out of trouble
prediction: manitoba

Last edited by misty1 on 02-18-15 at 08:08PM

02-18-15 08:42PM
Radio-Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radio-Man Click here to Send Radio-Man a Private Message Find more posts by Radio-Man Add Radio-Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

Northern Ontario showed me that they just aren't ready for primetime by losing to Newfoundland. You gotta beat that team if your going to battle for the final playoff spot. Bad loss.

"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent...who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."

02-18-15 08:48PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

You'll be going 2 for 4 in your predictions. And yes, you're right Robichaud started out weak but curling 88 and 92 this afternoon (her and Atkinson) is outstanding - - - - better than anything Jones/Lawes or Homan/Emma have conjured up this week!

just curious legend have you been tracking scotties championships?. eve muirhead is being given some battles over there. tied for first at 5-2

02-18-15 08:53PM
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
radio - when are you up for primetime? if nothing in future please provide info for where we can find your prime time archives ..thx

All the best stuff is rated R. Currently working on my memoirs which will be published very soon. I'll let you know the release date.

02-18-15 09:42PM
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
R for relegated ?

R as in Raconteur, that's why I'm getting published.

02-18-15 09:43PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

ML

Over 8000 posts

6000 dead wrong or contradicting even himself

7500 insulting or degrading, especially to the ladies

For a change backing the wrong team

sask hasn't won their games, the other team handed it to them

For once give some credit where credit is due, NONT is a good team and can beat anyone here

02-18-15 11:17PM
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

If your good at something, never do it for free, and your not worth a dime. I got some advice for you pal, if your so sensitive about people's opinions on message boards, stay off the net. Such a delicate thing.

As for why you decided to crawl up my a$$, one can only speculate, perhaps there is something to your Twooman Capote reference(so witty).

Last edited by Radio-Man on 02-18-15 at 11:19PM

02-18-15 11:22PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

AGAIN DEAD WRONG

quote:

Your most out of whack prediction is NO over SK - c'mon smarten up; just look Jenn Horgan is nowhere near as good as Sensational Sherry Anderson. Door closed!

When will the dumb comments stop...... never. SK is 5-3 and could easily be 3-5 instead.

02-18-15 11:24PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Your most out of whack prediction is NO over SK - c'mon smarten up; just look Jenn Horgan is nowhere near as good as Sensational Sherry Anderson. Door closed!

m

my do you look stupid now.