Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > ESPN+ /Season Of Champions

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
10-09-19 01:02AM
AK267 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AK267 Visit AK267's homepage! Find more posts by AK267 Add AK267 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AK267
Super Rockchucker

ESPN+ /Season Of Champions

Wondering if anyone has heard if ESPN+ (formerly ESPN3) will be live streaming TSN's 2019-2020 Season of Champions.

I believe ESPN+ is now a subscription service.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

10-09-19 08:21PM
NOLA_Curler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NOLA_Curler Find more posts by NOLA_Curler Add NOLA_Curler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NOLA_Curler
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: ESPN+ /Season Of Champions

quote:
Originally posted by AK267
Wondering if anyone has heard if ESPN+ (formerly ESPN3) will be live streaming TSN's 2019-2020 Season of Champions.

I believe ESPN+ is now a subscription service.

ESPN3 lives on and is separate from ESPN+. ESPN3 is still free but ESPN+ is indeed subscription. Remains to be seen whether they will carry curling and on what channel.

10-09-19 09:46PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

I was afraid they’d move it to ESPN+ last season, but they didn’t. It was still on ESPN3.

I guess we’ll find out at the end of November when it’s time for the Canada Cup.

11-18-19 02:40PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

2019-20 Season of Champions for US

Update for today, Mon. Nov. 18, 2019.

I searched ESPN's schedules and could find no sign of any curling. I then contacted them via email and got a reply within 5 minutes. The customer care man who answered agreed that it's not on their schedules presently, but admitted it could change as we get closer to the event. (Canada Cup, in this case.)

I then contacted the TV department at Curling Canada to see if they knew anything about this, and they also answered within 5 minutes, and that customer care guy said he hadn't yet heard the final outcome of this, and added "fingers crossed."

This may be the third year in a row where I've asked them both at about this time what's going on with this, and the nudge seemed to do some good on those occasions as it appeared on the schedule not long after. Fingers crossed this happens again this time.

11-18-19 10:01PM
AK267 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AK267 Visit AK267's homepage! Find more posts by AK267 Add AK267 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AK267
Super Rockchucker

This is turning out to be the "yearly lotto" whether we'll get coverage on ESPN.

Hoping it's ESPN3 again.

11-20-19 07:15PM
Observer
Swing Artist

ESPN3 after all

Wed, Nov.20. I’ve just checked the ESPN schedules again, and they now list every draw of the Canada Cup for ESPN3. (Not Plus)

Hooray!

11-21-19 07:58AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Re: ESPN3 after all

quote:
Originally posted by Observer
Wed, Nov.20. I’ve just checked the ESPN schedules again, and they now list every draw of the Canada Cup for ESPN3. (Not Plus)

Hooray!

Enjoy. Happy for you.

11-21-19 04:15PM
QuesoGuapo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for QuesoGuapo Find more posts by QuesoGuapo Add QuesoGuapo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
QuesoGuapo
Knee-Slider

USA Curling sent out a very brief press release confirming that all of the 2019-20 Season of Champions will be airing on ESPN3.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot that TSN includes the world championships in its "Season of Champions" presentation. Those are still with NBC/Olympic Channel.

Last edited by QuesoGuapo on 11-21-19 at 11:22PM

11-21-19 10:59PM
AK267
Super Rockchucker

skip, skip...hooray!

11-21-19 11:11PM
AK267
Super Rockchucker

Canada Cup
Continental Cup
Canadian Juniors
Scotties
Brier

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Curling...an-competitions

11-22-19 10:46AM
Observer
Swing Artist

TSN also has that special invite-only "skins game" weekend that they don't pin down until late. In years' past, ESPN3 has also carried that, so don't be surprised if that gets added to the schedule too, when the time comes.

11-23-19 03:11AM
AK267
Super Rockchucker

I hope it gets added to the list. Always a fan of skins games.

ESPN3 used to have the worlds (also Asia/Euros???) but due to the emerging global popularity they've been contracted out to other entities (WCTV, NBCSN, Olympic Channel., etc).

At this rate will ESPN3 have anything left to show or will NBC gobble up the SOC for their own streaming/cable systems???

Kind of reminds me of CurlTV.com. Once the "turf wars" and rights were hashed out, CurlTV was the odd man out.

Nice to see CBC getting into streaming for WCT curling events.

Last edited by AK267 on 11-23-19 at 04:15PM

11-24-19 10:14PM
Observer
Swing Artist

The ESPN3 deal is no doubt something to do with the fact ESPN owns a minority share of TSN. I think as long as TSN has the Season of Champions rights, they won’t be letting any of ESPN’s competitors have the rights.

I did just read that this is the last year of the current TSN Season of Champions deal, though, so who knows what could happen after this season.

11-24-19 11:05PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
The ESPN3 deal is no doubt something to do with the fact ESPN owns a minority share of TSN. I think as long as TSN has the Season of Champions rights, they won’t be letting any of ESPN’s competitors have the rights.

I did just read that this is the last year of the current TSN Season of Champions deal, though, so who knows what could happen after this season.

It is my sincere hope that the Season of Champions doesn't go over to Sportsnet.

11-25-19 01:43AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

TSN all Canadian and world championships + Canada cup

Sportsnet = Slams

Curling Canada=gift horse=TSN

11-25-19 03:54PM
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:

I did just read that this is the last year of the current TSN Season of Champions deal, though, so who knows what could happen after this season. [/B]

I was thinking of this last paragraph that's why I suggested the possibility of sportsnet.