M: World Senior Curling Championships
Ostersund, SWE
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sat, Apr 27 -- 4:30am ET
CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2020 Scotties in Moose Jaw

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 5 of 11 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-17-20 05:37PM
maybo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maybo Visit maybo's homepage! Find more posts by maybo Add maybo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maybo
Hitting Paint

Funny game this curling. Yesterday, Team Canada didn’t play well and still managed to beat Saskatchewan. Today, they played a strong game and fell to Manitoba.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-17-20 10:20PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Homan fortunate in so called weak pool B that bc missed last shot. Someone PLEASE tell Vic and Russ both pools are equal. IF and only IF pool A is that much harder, they should be wringing their hands saying let us at pool B. I predict 2 from each pool advance.

02-17-20 10:43PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

as i said earlier i still expect BC to advance at 5-2. coming i they were supposed to lose to WC and Ontario and they did. but they should have beaten wild card and , if their last rock curls a little more they would have beaten ontario. they have been impressive. t can go either way though. either they take confidence from the fact that they pushed homan and jones hard or they get discourgaed that they lost 2 matches they could have won

02-17-20 10:45PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

jen is extremely lucky right now. really should be 1-3 but a terrible 6th end by BC that did end up deciding the game and a draw inches heavy by PEI and they are 3-1. wow

02-17-20 11:00PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
jen is extremely lucky right now. really should be 1-3 but a terrible 6th end by BC that did end up deciding the game and a draw inches heavy by PEI and they are 3-1. wow

Yup

02-17-20 11:20PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

it will be really interesting to watch alberta now. yes they were 3-0 but who did they play?. they had by far and away the easiest schedule for any of the teams expected to advance. now things get a lot tougher. they were just outclassed by saskatchewan tonight.

02-18-20 01:44AM
EPMD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EPMD Find more posts by EPMD Add EPMD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EPMD
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

I agree about the luck, but that also means they were better than those teams and should have victories over them. Mistakes matter. Bad teams make them at the worst times, and good teams take advantage to pull out close games.

02-18-20 02:47AM
curlonceayear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlonceayear Find more posts by curlonceayear Add curlonceayear to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlonceayear
Knee-Slider

The STOH standings page is way off on this site.

The problem is with the WC team- their standings and game by game results. Wrong team name is showing for all matches.

Carey won't make it out of the pool.

02-18-20 07:33AM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

WC is wild card, Jones, not Carey.

02-18-20 08:44AM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

" 5-2 will be a good record for anybody wanting to advance to the FINAL 4" . ML

5-2 will not advance any team to the "Final 4", but it PROLLY will advance them to the "Championship Round".

The top 4 SHOT PELTERS will then advance to the Page Playoffs. lol

02-18-20 10:05AM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Deliverer
" 5-2 will be a good record for anybody wanting to advance to the FINAL 4" . ML

5-2 will not advance any team to the "Final 4", but it PROLLY will advance them to the "Championship Round".

The top 4 SHOT PELTERS will then advance to the Page Playoffs. lol

That gave me a chuckle. I see what you did there.

02-18-20 12:52PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

NU gets a W over NO! Good percentages for team Eddy. Upset for those of us who had never seen NU. But maybe not to the curlers themselves who have obviously worked hard on their game.

02-18-20 03:40PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

listening to howard comment on a homan match is really one of the most painful experiences you can have watching curling.

he just can not stop praising homan. we get it russ, you're a fan.

02-18-20 03:59PM
BeachGuy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BeachGuy Find more posts by BeachGuy Add BeachGuy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BeachGuy
Knee-Slider

It's not as bad as the percentages. They had Ontario - and I live in Ontario - at 100% on draws after five when Courtney was 50% after 4. And please don't mention bonus points. The shot is made or it isn't. There should not be bonus points in curling. That's like giving a bonus point in math because you got the right answer on a hard math question. Sorry for the rant.

02-18-20 04:41PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Einarson gives up 7 to NB...just wow. Very smart move by NU to bring in an experienced skip like Lori Eddy who loves curling, is very kind and a good mentor. 2 of the NU team are at university in Southern Ontario and curling at clubs.

No longer to be taken as minnows amongst the mackerel.

Yes Russ loves Homan...NS needs to start helping their skip.

02-18-20 04:57PM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlingclips

From what I understand, the CTRS spots aren't filled in until all the other spots are filled in. In other words, no I don't think it's filled in at the end of the cashpiele season. I believe it's filled in at the end of the Olympics trials cycle instead.

So if Homan wins, no one gets that spot this season. Instead they'll just add one more CTRS spot to the ones they already have, to let the next lower ranked team in.

In other words, there are already spots reserved to CTRS teams. If a championship spot goes unclaimed at the end of the cycle, they'll just add more CTRS teams in down the ranking.

So under no short-term circumstance will Fleury be guaranteed a spot just because Homan wins 2020 Scotties.

Not sure about this. Jones got her trial spot confirmed when Carey didn't medal at Worlds. It was never clear wht she got her spot and Gushue didn't when Koe did the double though.

02-18-20 05:36PM
EPMD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EPMD Find more posts by EPMD Add EPMD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EPMD
Swing Artist

I thought Team NB posing for photos in front of the scoreboard while holding seven fingers in the air to indicate their 7-ender was more than a little tacky.

02-18-20 05:49PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

How many seven Enders can anyone recall in the championship tourney?

02-18-20 05:50PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by EPMD
I thought Team NB posing for photos in front of the scoreboard while holding seven fingers in the air to indicate their 7-ender was more than a little tacky.

Let them have their moment, it’s a record, no doubt the media asked them to do it.

Hopefully that will fire up Manitoba!

02-18-20 05:57PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

they made history. the largest score ever recorded at a national championship. nothing wrong with what they did. they were more than likely asked to do it anyway

02-18-20 06:57PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by UnattachedFC

Not sure about this. Jones got her trial spot confirmed when Carey didn't medal at Worlds. It was never clear wht she got her spot and Gushue didn't when Koe did the double though.

You're right, I went back and read the qualification process and try to understand it as best as I can, and what I said is definitely not 100% accurate. So maybe the spot will go to Fleury after all if Homan wins it? I don't know.

02-18-20 07:57PM
EPMD
Swing Artist

MB botched a sweeping call in the first to squander a chance to go up 2-0 on SK. Now in the second end, SK is infuriatingly ignoring their own corner guard to peel every shot. I don't understand why teams throw corner guards and then play defensively. They wasted the entire second end, never gave themselves a chance for two, and then gave up a steal of three instead.

I usually defend Vic/Russ, but they are singing such high praise for this SK team who has so far beaten some pretty mediocre opponents. The win against AB was their high point, but I think MB is a much better team.

02-18-20 07:59PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Whenever Jones is on the ice I have to keep the MUTE button close to me. Is it really necessary to scream at your sweepers. They are probably dong their best. IMHO

02-18-20 08:02PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
MB botched a sweeping call in the first to squander a chance to go up 2-0 on SK. Now in the second end, SK is infuriatingly ignoring their own corner guard to peel every shot. I don't understand why teams throw corner guards and then play defensively. They wasted the entire second end, never gave themselves a chance for two, and then gave up a steal of three instead.

I usually defend Vic/Russ, but they are singing such high praise for this SK team who has so far beaten some pretty mediocre opponents. The win against AB was their high point, but I think MB is a much better team.

the problem is a lot of teams the throw a corner guard tend to panic when they see the other team play down the center. they get drawn into playing around the center and forget the corner guard they put up. it is annoying but thats just the way it goes

02-18-20 08:03PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by albetts
Whenever Jones is on the ice I have to keep the MUTE button close to me. Is it really necessary to scream at your sweepers. They are probably dong their best. IMHO

doesnt every team scream at the sweepers