Rose Final
Bliven (6) Watch Live Curling!
M: Mexican Mixed Doubles Championship
Vancouver, CAN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 6 -- Sun, Apr 28 -- 9:30am PT
Pere/Cohe Final
Quin/Abre (7)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 8 of 12 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-25-22 01:22AM
southerncurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for southerncurler Find more posts by southerncurler Add southerncurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
southerncurler
Swing Artist

🙄 It’s not called anything

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-25-22 01:37AM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by southerncurler
🙄 It’s not called anything

Well I'm going to call it "herding", then (for lack of better words).

Here's an example of "herding away" to start the extra end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s3d2CyfCU4

The Koreans tried to herd the rocks away, but presumably the Scots told them they didn't have to (you can see Eve Muirhead slide away to skip at the away end). Then someone (not sure who) seemed to indicate that yes, they need to play the extra end coming home, so the rocks were herded away.

03-25-22 01:38AM
southerncurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for southerncurler Find more posts by southerncurler Add southerncurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
southerncurler
Swing Artist

Not a good loss for Kerri. Likely still makes the playoffs. Really whiffed on hammer in both of the last two ends

03-25-22 03:39AM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

Haven't watched the game yet, and won't be able to until geoblocking is released in a month or so, but USA switched their lineup in the game where they beat Sweden (who also played with their alternate instead).

https://worldcurling.org/events/wwc...=1171&game=5091

It's "to be determined" what USA's lineup will be for the rest of the event.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2VCHYaUqS8&t=2m35s

Last edited by curlingclips on 03-25-22 at 03:53AM

03-25-22 07:55AM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlingclips
Haven't watched the game yet, and won't be able to until geoblocking is released in a month or so, but USA switched their lineup in the game where they beat Sweden (who also played with their alternate instead).

https://worldcurling.org/events/wwc...=1171&game=5091

It's "to be determined" what USA's lineup will be for the rest of the event.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2VCHYaUqS8&t=2m35s

Yes, Sarah Anderson had been struggling a bit on her shooting, so for the game last night, she and Vicki Persinger swapped positions: Sarah at second and Vicki at third. Seemed to work pretty well.

And yes, Sweden swapped in their alternate for Agnes Knochenhauer at second. We didn’t get a reason why, but I saw Agnes on the bench sitting next to coach Wayne Middaugh, so it couldn’t have been COVID.

03-25-22 09:16AM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

Bizarre choice by Sweden. Not taking the US seriously? Knochenhauer is playing quite well this week.

Not much to say about the Canadian game. Three awful ends followed by 7 beautiful ones, capped off by an almost-too-predictable anxious miss on Kerri's last. That is the scenario I'm talking about when I question how much sports psychology support and training they've had (I genuinely don't know). You could see it all happening: discussion of the shot, placement of the broom, rushes down to the other end and quickly throws...heavy and wide. Common pattern for her in big ends: heavy and wide. Does she ever miss that type of shot light? A better visualization and shot routine could help her, I think, though she's also clearly an emotional competitor (which makes her endearing as a person).

The 11th end was embarrassing for the entire team. They were in great shape until Birchard threw what might be the worst peel of all time. But the worst part is Kerri made the shot to win until Sweeting called them to carve it straight just outside the house. They hit 1mm too little of the rock so that truly was the difference. If they had kept carving or even just stopped sweeping they would have won. And it was no where near the rock they were worried about. Absolutely inexplicable mistake. Korea did not deserve to win that game but Canada did deserve to lose it. But, win out and hope the US beats Korea and you can still get the bye.

Canada currently sits above Korea and Sweden on DSC as well, so if that held they'd get the spot in a 3 way tie (all would be 1-1 in H2H). Two games left for that to change, however, and Korea is just 1cm behind.

Last edited by oliviertoisel on 03-25-22 at 09:18AM

03-25-22 12:07PM
Netz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Netz Click here to Send Netz a Private Message Find more posts by Netz Add Netz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Netz
Swing Artist

I have not read any of this thread but make the following comment, could have already been said.

I find Team Canada hard to watch, they are so very frustrating, have all the ability but shake my head at some of their thinking.

I try my best when curling to get the other team chasing, they had Korea on the ropes early in both the 10th and 11th ends, the next thing you know Canada is doing the chasing.

Go with what got you there.

03-25-22 12:32PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

I don't think Reid helped with his coaching when they called that late timeout. Should have just let Kerri throw the shot she was comfortable with.

03-25-22 12:41PM
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

Donna Spencer reported that JPN is playing with 3 after positive COVID test.

https://twitter.com/DLSpencer10/sta...382917592334342
"@worldcurling says some members of Japanese team have tested positive for COVID-19, but indicated they have enough players for this morning’s draw. #WWCC2022"

https://worldcurling.org/2022/03/wwcc2022-japan_covid/
"Following rapid antigen testing on Friday morning, Team Japan have returned a number of positive COVID-19 results. The impacted individuals are now isolating and following local health authority guidelines. The remaining members of Team Japan who have all returned negative test results will compete in Friday morning’s 18th round-robin session. Due to the privacy of the individuals, no further information will be provided."

SUI vs JPN
https://worldcurling.org/events/wwc...=1172&game=5095

Also, I've noticed more people coughing in recent games. I'm getting worried.

I'm not watching the game live, but clips on Twitter suggest masks are being worn.

https://twitter.com/worldcurling/st...397028032225311

Last edited by curlingclips on 03-25-22 at 12:51PM

03-25-22 01:09PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

This is getting scary. 2 teams already have been affected. Is there any chance at all this event gets called off early

The skip Nakajima was 9ne affected

03-25-22 01:34PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

There are 2 days left. Unless you are ill, do not get tested!!

03-25-22 01:39PM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
This is getting scary. 2 teams already have been affected. Is there any chance at all this event gets called off early

The skip Nakajima was 9ne affected

If enough teams fell out that it affected the playoffs? Sure. But I doubt it.

Well Kerri showed up to play today. Shannon Birchard still finding ways to turn peels into disaster; she must be sick of them.

Last edited by oliviertoisel on 03-25-22 at 02:06PM

03-25-22 02:52PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Korea ahead of Canada on Dec now. so assuming Sweden and Korea win out Canada finishes 3rd

03-25-22 02:56PM
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

https://twitter.com/Devin_Heroux/st...427763627700225
"Japan was supposed to play Korea in their final game of the women's world curling championship round robin. Now forfeiting it due to COVID concerns. It means Korea will move to 8-3."

https://worldcurling.org/2022/03/ww...n-forfeit-game/
"Japan have forfeited their final round-robin game at the World Women’s Curling Championship, scheduled to take place on Friday afternoon, due to ongoing COVID-19 concerns. The remaining players, while still providing negative results, have decided that for the health and safety of everyone involved in the championship, forfeiting their game and avoiding the possibility of further positive results impacting the competition was the best decision. Japan’s opponent’s for the afternoon game, Korea, will now receive an automatic victory."

Last edited by curlingclips on 03-25-22 at 04:06PM

03-25-22 03:00PM
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
Korea ahead of Canada on Dec now. so assuming Sweden and Korea win out Canada finishes 3rd

Korea still has to throw 4 shots and Canada 2, so it's up in the air until the final draw.

03-25-22 03:28PM
GregJP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GregJP Click here to Send GregJP a Private Message Find more posts by GregJP Add GregJP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GregJP
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Netz
I have not read any of this thread but make the following comment, could have already been said.

I find Team Canada hard to watch, they are so very frustrating, have all the ability but shake my head at some of their thinking.

I try my best when curling to get the other team chasing, they had Korea on the ropes early in both the 10th and 11th ends, the next thing you know Canada is doing the chasing.

Go with what got you there.

Agree completely. When you have a team on the ropes you need to go for the knockout punch and not peel a guard. that's why Jennifer Jones has been so successful. It's hard to argue with three straight Canadian championships, but I really don't think that Kerri thinks the game at the level of Jones, Tirinzoni, Muirhead and Hasselborg. She's probably the best pure shooter of the bunch, but behind the others when it comes to strategy. And I'm not sure how much Carruthers actually helps. The men's game at the elite level is a completely different animal.

03-25-22 04:27PM
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by GregJP

Agree completely. When you have a team on the ropes you need to go for the knockout punch and not peel a guard. that's why Jennifer Jones has been so successful. It's hard to argue with three straight Canadian championships, but I really don't think that Kerri thinks the game at the level of Jones, Tirinzoni, Muirhead and Hasselborg. She's probably the best pure shooter of the bunch, but behind the others when it comes to strategy. And I'm not sure how much Carruthers actually helps. The men's game at the elite level is a completely different animal.

Agree completely. Both with Korea yesterday and again with Germany the team got into trouble because of MISSED clearing. Of course with Korea it cost the game, with Germany they gave up two. But if you're on third stones and you have two buried behind three guards...why are you peeling?

03-25-22 06:02PM
hailstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hailstone Find more posts by hailstone Add hailstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hailstone
Swing Artist

Just woke up, still trying to pick my jaw up off the floor.

Switzerland has already beat everybody, can we just give them the title and end this debacle before anything else happens?

03-25-22 06:40PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by guido
There are 2 days left. Unless you are ill, do not get tested!!

Getting tested or not is not a choice the curlers can make.

03-25-22 06:50PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by decade

Getting tested or not is not a choice the curlers can make.

Who decides???

03-25-22 07:38PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

I would hope for the safety of all involved, everyone is tested every day. IMO too soon with the roll backs with daily positives and deaths at all time high country wide. Just kept out of the media. No?

03-25-22 08:18PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
I would hope for the safety of all involved, everyone is tested severy day. IMO too soon with the roll backs with daily positives and deaths at all time high country wide. Just kept out of the media. No?

Hardly any people in hospital with covid in BC. Didn't see many precautions in PG but don't think they are needed right now. I would not test unless symptoms. I am over 70 and immuno compromised I felt comfortable at the CN Centre. I am fully vaccinated.

03-25-22 08:38PM
hailstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hailstone Find more posts by hailstone Add hailstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hailstone
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by alex

Hardly any people in hospital with covid in BC. Didn't see many precautions in PG but don't think they are needed right now. I would not test unless symptoms. I am over 70 and immuno compromised I felt comfortable at the CN Centre. I am fully vaccinated.

Hope that works out for you. My immuno compromised, fully vaccinated aunt caught COVID last October. She is still in the hospital from it.

03-25-22 11:08PM
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

They mentioned this crazy stats on TSN.

https://curlit.com/WWCC/aspnet/stat....aspx?EventID=1

SUI hammer efficiency is #1 at 68%. CAN is #2 at 53%, followed by SWE at 49%.

03-25-22 11:27PM
dugless_zone 13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dugless_zone 13 Click here to Send dugless_zone 13 a Private Message Find more posts by dugless_zone 13 Add dugless_zone 13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

I was in Lethbridge for the Brier where they had lifted all restrictions. Got home on the Monday night, started feeling terrible, tested Tuesday morning, was positive. Large unmasked non distanced crowd, there will be positive cases.