Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 21 -- Thu, Apr 25 -- 7:00am ET
CAN (Flemming) 11  Final
DEN (Qvist) (6)
PHI (Ochoco) Final
FIN (Kirjonen) 11  (8)
NOR (Davanger) 10  Final
CRO (Skendrovic) (6)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Team Changes - Early Discussion

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 12 of 35 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-02-22 06:54PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by MeaghanEdwards
Whereabouts is this Sportsnet article?

It's the Big Read essay by Kristina Rutherford.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/curling/lo...t-back-to-no-1/
"No matter the results in Beijing, Hebert is expecting change. His Team Koe plans to amicably break up after this season."

//edit: by the way, I think we should get into the habit of posting links in our posts. Try to be informative and back up our claims with quotes and references, etc. No more of just making stuff up. I think it will turn the forums into a better place.

Last edited by curlingclips on 02-02-22 at 07:01PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-02-22 07:28PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

Thanks! I think I missed that article. I'll miss the Koe/Hebert dynamic (they make funny quips about each other) if that splits, but amicle team break ups, I'll take that over silly drama. I'm curious about who will go where among that team. I suspect we'll hear more announcements post nationals (and Olympics, thinking International too).

(agreed about the link thing)

02-07-22 12:14PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

I wonder if we’ll start seeing changes to the Women’s teams now the Scotties are over?

02-07-22 12:33PM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

Should be soon. I take it Einarson's team will stick together. Four years ago they were the buzz team and I think it's hard to argue that they didn't deliver. 3/4 Scotties in the quad; poor Worlds and poor Trials and only decent Tour but still very dominant.

02-07-22 08:47PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

I'd be shocked if Einarson did spit, this team works.

"Rachel will be back at the Olympics, no doubt, but this might be my last one as a player. I don’t have a lot left in the tank for another four-year run." https://bit.ly/3skH1n8 Sounded like a retirement hint to me.

Any guesses as to who Koe will bring on board to fill in for him (if he doesn't say, go the coaching route or such for the next quad?)

Last edited by MeaghanEdwards on 02-07-22 at 08:51PM

02-07-22 10:20PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

I think Koe will have 3 new players.

02-07-22 10:28PM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

Imagine if Koe joins Bottcher. Highly improbable, but imagine how crazy would that be.

02-07-22 11:16PM
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

That would be interesting. I can see him picking up some youngsters, they could learn a ton from him.

I can also see BJ maybe going back to McEwen or going to Gunner.

02-08-22 12:05AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

I could see Ted Appelman playing 3rd for Koe. Pickup a young front end.
Maybe, depends how much time Appelman wants to put in.

02-08-22 11:47AM
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

I like the idea of Appelman being Koe's third, if you can't beat em join 'em, eh?

Am hoping Galusha's team stay intact as that has been the strongest showing at the Scotties. But changes due to the challenges from there are understandable, can't imagine the flight costs.

02-08-22 12:07PM
cnpeters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cnpeters Find more posts by cnpeters Add cnpeters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

quote:
Am hoping Galusha's team stay intact as that has been the strongest showing at the Scotties. But changes due to the challenges from there are understandable, can't imagine the flight costs.
I've wondered that a lot actually.

The times I've flown in and out of Canada - the costs are exhorbitant. I mean usually like 50-100% more than a comparable flight stateside. Flying in and out of a small rural airport that's in an icy landscape - I get the cost, but I'm always blown away at the cost of a flight from Ottawa to Calgary compared to a flight here between, say, Cleveland and Sacramento or something.

I wonder how realistic keeping some of these "2nd tier" teams together and practicing are given the costs.

02-08-22 02:10PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by cnpeters
I've wondered that a lot actually.

The times I've flown in and out of Canada - the costs are exhorbitant. I mean usually like 50-100% more than a comparable flight stateside. Flying in and out of a small rural airport that's in an icy landscape - I get the cost, but I'm always blown away at the cost of a flight from Ottawa to Calgary compared to a flight here between, say, Cleveland and Sacramento or something.

I wonder how realistic keeping some of these "2nd tier" teams together and practicing are given the costs.

I don’t, and probably never will understand the exhorbitant (sp) costs of flying within Canada????
You can fly anywhere within Europe for less than $100.

02-09-22 06:11PM
CH14 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CH14 Find more posts by CH14 Add CH14 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CH14
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
I can also see BJ maybe going back to McEwen or going to Gunner. [/B]

My guess is BJ plays with his brother and they pick up a young front end.

02-09-22 06:13PM
CH14 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CH14 Find more posts by CH14 Add CH14 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CH14
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by guido

Would not surprise me if Koe retires.

02-09-22 08:40PM
Hack Weight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hack Weight Click here to Send Hack Weight a Private Message Find more posts by Hack Weight Add Hack Weight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hack Weight
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by CH14

Would not surprise me if Koe retires.

If Ben is leaving then I’d guess Koe is retiring. There’s no other team he could join that wouldn’t be a clear downgrade.

02-10-22 08:58AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Moulding with his first win in NB last night. Love to see him make it to the brier and play Bottcher. Must see tv.

02-10-22 11:20AM
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
Moulding with his first win in NB last night. Love to see him make it to the brier and play Bottcher. Must see tv.

It would be a mistake to not have that be a featured game.

02-11-22 04:20AM
HerCurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HerCurl Click here to Send HerCurl a Private Message Find more posts by HerCurl Add HerCurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HerCurl
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by guido

Oh, but what if BJ stayed? And Gallant and Walker joined them!? Neither have actually lived in NL for years. Both live in AB. What a team that would be!

02-11-22 10:58AM
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by HerCurl

Oh, but what if BJ stayed? And Gallant and Walker joined them!? Neither have actually lived in NL for years. Both live in AB. What a team that would be!

I would pay to see that.

02-11-22 12:06PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by HerCurl

Doesn't Gallant have to live in NL to satisfy the 3/4 live there or born there rule? Or is it one of those get a PO box and say you live there deals?

02-11-22 12:23PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Pretty sure Gallant lives in St. John’s during the season. If he didn’t they would be cheating....... and CC would have to make up some new “Gushue” rule similar to the Homan rule.

02-11-22 12:46PM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

Gallant lives in NL, spending a lot of time on tour and with Peterman in Manitoba. I'm not sure why Gallant would live in Alberta. Walker lived in NL a significant amount of time during the season for many years after he started with Gushue, moving more full-time to Alberta in the last few after marrying/having a baby.

02-11-22 12:47PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
Pretty sure Gallant lives in St. John’s during the season. If he didn’t they would be cheating....... and CC would have to make up some new “Gushue” rule similar to the Homan rule.

LMAO. Perhaps lump all of Atlantic provinces into one zone in the interests of competition? And anyone who speaks French can rep Quebec? And anyone who can tell where NU. YU and NWT are on a map can play for them?

02-11-22 02:26PM
Hack Weight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hack Weight Click here to Send Hack Weight a Private Message Find more posts by Hack Weight Add Hack Weight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hack Weight
Hitting Paint

I would bet a lot of money that whatever Mickey Mouse “rules” CC currently has for residency will be amended so that Gushue’s team doesn’t have to split. Maybe a “if the skip and third are residents, do whatever you want with the other two” rule.

Also, couldn’t they just ignore whatever residency rules exist and get in as a wildcard to the brier?

02-12-22 10:07PM
hoggedrock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hoggedrock Find more posts by hoggedrock Add hoggedrock to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hoggedrock
Harvey Hacksmasher

Team Scheidegger has parted ways with Cary Anne McTaggart.
Predictions for new third?
I’m betting Laura Walker.