Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 21 -- Thu, Apr 25 -- 7:00am ET
CAN (Flemming) 11  Final
DEN (Qvist) (6)
PHI (Ochoco) Final
FIN (Kirjonen) 11  (8)
NOR (Davanger) 10  Final
CRO (Skendrovic) (6)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2020 Scotties in Moose Jaw

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 7 of 11 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-19-20 11:40PM
Qtownranger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Qtownranger Find more posts by Qtownranger Add Qtownranger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Qtownranger
Harvey Hacksmasher

McCarville

Good day for McCarville on Wednesday. She curls 100% against Alberta and wins 4-3. Then plays not great in the evening draw and wins 4-3 again. She didn't give up a deuce in either game. That's consistency. Also easy to watch; calm with little or no shrieking.

Fearless prediction for the final four:
- Homan, Einarson, McCarville, Carey.
Rachel and Kerri in the final.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-20-20 08:39AM
Love2Curl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Love2Curl Click here to Send Love2Curl a Private Message Find more posts by Love2Curl Add Love2Curl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Love2Curl
Hitting Paint

One of the reasons I just can not watch Jones. I believe she intentionally ices tight so she can scream non stop as the rock is coming down. There are many others as well.

Last edited by Love2Curl on 02-20-20 at 08:53AM

02-20-20 08:47AM
cnpeters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cnpeters Find more posts by cnpeters Add cnpeters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnpeters
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by curlingclips

Stop the hate. Eddy is not a skip. She was asked to skip the Nunavut team, and I think we can all agree that this year's team, much to many people's surprise, has been performing quite strong.

I suppose it's true of (almost) every team, but Nunavut was only two or three stones away from making a championship round (or tiebreak).

That's shocking. That's never been true before. They were in the "stronger" side too. I wish they had been on TV for real. They deserved it.

But, boy I hope Saskatchewan is on in prime time again. I just love watching them every.single.evening.

02-20-20 09:15AM
Love2Curl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Love2Curl Click here to Send Love2Curl a Private Message Find more posts by Love2Curl Add Love2Curl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Love2Curl
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by cnpeters

But, boy I hope Saskatchewan is on in prime time again. I just love watching them every.single.evening.

I would agree they are fun to watch. Just hope they learn to call weight out and communicate before its to late. Silvernagle's last rock last night was the worst place they could put it. Did not hear anyone say "can't be deep"

02-20-20 10:50AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Love2Curl
One of the reasons I just can not watch Jones. I believe she intentionally ices tight so she can scream non stop as the rock is coming down. There are many others as well.

I do believe that Silvernagle has out screached Jones this a.m. Silvernagle is fighting for a playoff spot and she appears to be acting like a wee bit of a diva. Surprised she can even see the other end of the sheet looking thru those eye lashes. A wee bit overdone actually. IMHO

02-20-20 12:27PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by albetts

I do believe that Silvernagle has out screached Jones this a.m. Silvernagle is fighting for a playoff spot and she appears to be acting like a wee bit of a diva. Surprised she can even see the other end of the sheet looking thru those eye lashes. A wee bit overdone actually. IMHO

Wow just wow. Perhaps someone needs to provide the curlers with some info and guidance on what pitch to use when calling for the sweep. And really the eyelash comment. I guess some guidelines are also needed to how to present themselves when they are on TV Can't believe some of the recent posts so sad.

02-20-20 12:43PM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

Tiebreaker

Saskatchewan...
Whew!
Wow oh wow but...
FORWARD AND ONWARD!
Go Team Saskatchewan

P.S.
I am really going to miss Mary-Anne.

02-20-20 01:24PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Eyelashes are so overdone. Guess it takes a few years for the west to catch up to Paris.

02-20-20 01:40PM
Maggie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maggie Find more posts by Maggie Add Maggie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maggie
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by prairie guy

Wow just wow. Perhaps someone needs to provide the curlers with some info and guidance on what pitch to use when calling for the sweep. And really the eyelash comment. I guess some guidelines are also needed to how to present themselves when they are on TV Can't believe some of the recent posts so sad.

I agree with you completely. It’s pathetic. I wonder how the ones criticizing women’s appearances/ voices, etc. would like it if it were their wives/ being daughters being picked at.

02-20-20 01:47PM
Frozencanuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Frozencanuck Click here to Send Frozencanuck a Private Message Find more posts by Frozencanuck Add Frozencanuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Frozencanuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

I have 2 questions about this post. First, what is the point of this post other than the obvious misogyny? Secondly, why does the moderator allow posts such as this that have nothing to do with the actual curling and is all about ignorant statements designed solely to be hurtful?

02-20-20 01:55PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

mods on this site have always been super slack. i have the impression they simply dont give a **** about what's said here. posts far worse than that have been allowed. sad as that is

02-20-20 01:55PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Frozencanuck

I have 2 questions about this post. First, what is the point of this post other than the obvious misogyny? Secondly, why does the moderator allow posts such as this that have nothing to do with the actual curling and is all about ignorant statements designed solely to be hurtful?

Please, nothing to do with misogny at all. Not the first person to comment on the eyelashes. I hardly noticed them last year when comments were made and didn't comment on them at all. Secondly, this was not an ignorant statement and was not designed solely to be hurtful. Simply a comment and I expect Silvernagel, with her natural good looks would simply laugh my statement off. Grow up, these people can look after themselves.

02-20-20 02:08PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Keep in mind, a beauty shop is her business in Battleford.

02-20-20 02:20PM
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
Keep in mind, a beauty shop is her business in Battleford.

Yes, I did read that last year. Perhaps that's why I'm somewhat surprised and somewhat disappointed. Her confidence is her best defense. I hope they do well. However being from Ontario you know where my cheers are going.

02-20-20 02:26PM
Frozencanuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Frozencanuck Click here to Send Frozencanuck a Private Message Find more posts by Frozencanuck Add Frozencanuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Frozencanuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

Please, nothing to do with misogny at all. Not the first person to comment on the eyelashes. I hardly noticed them last year when comments were made and didn't comment on them at all. Secondly, this was not an ignorant statement and was not designed solely to be hurtful. Simply a comment and I expect Silvernagel, with her natural good looks would simply laugh my statement off. Grow up, these people can look after themselves.

I have no doubt that they can “handle themselves” I guess the question is, “why should they have to?”

02-20-20 03:44PM
EPMD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EPMD Find more posts by EPMD Add EPMD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EPMD
Swing Artist

TSN just cut from one blowout game to the wrong game. SK-PE is close, while MB is more or less controlling BC, so of course they are showing MB finishing off BC.

02-20-20 04:24PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

TSN, there are other teams you can feature for the evening. Just saying.

That said, glad to just be able to watch curling ln TV.

Last edited by MeaghanEdwards on 02-20-20 at 08:01PM

02-20-20 05:57PM
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Frozencanuck

I have no doubt that they can “handle themselves” I guess the question is, “why should they have to?”

Because its life.

02-20-20 07:09PM
irvinm1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for irvinm1 Find more posts by irvinm1 Add irvinm1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
irvinm1
Harvey Hacksmasher

It looks like if Silvernagle blinked her eyes fast enough, she could catch air and take flight.

02-20-20 08:17PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

First end and Jones has a hit and stick in the back of house. They sweep it all the way and it stays in the rings as called. Then she goes to Lawes and says sorry. Sorry for what? For making her call sweeping?

02-20-20 08:45PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by irvinm1
It looks like if Silvernagle blinked her eyes fast enough, she could catch air and take flight.

If you're commenting on her eyelashes I say it's her choice for fashion. I say go for it. However, surely there must be more pressing issues in the world today than fashion choice. Get over it and get over yourselF.

Your mother is on line 2, she just said you should be ashamed of yourself for such a demeaning comment.

02-20-20 09:54PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

Homan 8. Carey 4

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

02-20-20 10:00PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Looks like top 3 have pulled away. 4th at this point almost irrelevant. Almost. You never know

02-20-20 10:48PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

the final 3 are basically set at this point. chelsea, krista and robyn are all capable of upsetting the order and making the podium,even a final if they heat up. problem is none of them look like they will. chelsea looked great for a 3 game stretch but has cooled down again. krista has looked average all week with the exception of a game against alberta. saskatchewan has been the best of the 3 but still on the outside looking in and i dont trust stefanie in a high pressure situation of playoffs.

jen looked shaky early on but have gotten steadily better all week .

i predict einarson to win her first scotties. dont know who will be there in the final but, as a team no one's looked better here and i include homan in that.

02-20-20 10:57PM
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

i predict einarson to win her first scotties. dont know who will be there in the final but, as a team no one's looked better here and i include homan in that.

I'm an Ontarian and I've been cheering for Homan of course. However, if Einarson happens to be in the final against Homan I can honestly say, congrats to the Einarson Rink.