Weiss Final
Hackner (6)
Morrissette 12  Final
Fossum (4)
Duzier Final
McCarville (8)
Mikkelsen Final
Johnston (8)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Tsn Continental Cup 2020

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 2 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-10-20 01:09PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

Tsn Continental Cup 2020

Sorry to bump the cc above the burmese 1 legged jam canners

Tsn and rogers fighting is like megan and thewasps fighting , or silly trump causinga 737 to be bombed killing 176 innocents to get media from talking about impeaching him

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-11-20 02:23AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Whaaaat?

01-11-20 12:42PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Swing Artist

I thought it was fun watching the Mixed team of Koe/Miskew/Flasch/Weagle. Pity that Flasch over-swept though. I think they did well considering they haven't played all together before.

01-11-20 05:51PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Hebert was a disaster with Homan. He had no idea of what finesse shots are. Throwing bombs and missing the target by ft was nonsense. Ditto with Epping. He never wants to play it safe. His bombs were as bad as Heberts.

01-11-20 11:28PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Totally agree. He's been buoyed by the best weight callers the last 10 years. His inability to judge weight on draws has come to the forefront since the loss of Laing and kennedy. He's the guy you want if your draw is 5 feet short, however he's terrible at judging weight, to the point where this morning Weagle had to GRAB HIS ARM to stop sweeping.....and for a change it was heavy. Same thing with Joanne Courtney, had to yell don't touch don't touch.....and it was heavy. Braun......

01-12-20 12:41AM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Swing Artist

I think that was Flasch's arm she had to grab, not Ben's.

01-12-20 07:50AM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

Hard to watch but still better than nothing

Homan looked half way between shell shocked and mad - ben and bj were so frustrated they didnt care about her feelings

Ben said “ we are so far down wemight as well try the hail mary -“. While rachel was trying to come secnd gracefully -

No gutz no glory

The continental cup needs to be reorganized

Personally i prefer regular curling , less face shots -the press seems to love people crying , what kind of maroon wud think that widiet doing those silly curl canada commercials over and over is funny ?/

Good curling is fun to watch - silly hats and nic names and piling ten rocks into 4 ft so the last decent shot is the thirds first one - not so much

01-12-20 11:34AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Haven't seen Homan that madhouse for a long time. She was all smiles & gigs at the beginning of the event - but being saddled w/ Benny (btw Needawin is a great nickname) has turned her morose & somewhat distressed.

Actually, the entire Canadian group is getting slaughtered & vegetable by superior Euro shot-making & strategy. When do you see KK Koe missing 2 basic shots in a row?

Only team that we knew would be in over their heads is Tiny Tracy Fleury, although Njgevan has looked like a terror on the ice.

Its really not very interesting without the queen-like presence of Jennifer Jones and her assortment of "Sorry, guys", "sorry, Kaitlyn" and her fierce unrepentant on-ice demeanour. JJ may miss the broom now by a couple feet and leave guaranteed draws 8 to 12 feet short of the target but this carnage would never happen under her watch. NEVER, EVER!

On the mens side - same with Gushue & Jacobs. They would just refuse to let themselves get hammered like Epping & Botch.

Thought Chels Carey would conduct a silent assault on the scoreboard but alas, wrong again! Carey has been on full display, exhibiting her victim card, refusing to contribute to a Canadian response.

But Benny has been the biggest goof ever on display in the history of the Cont. Cup.
Other weak displays - Joseph Courtney, Flash-Talker, Moulding, T Fleury, McCuish.

People who are legit fighting for Canada (used to be North America) a tiny list - but I'll put BJ Neufeld, Ngjevoan, Weagle, Camm, couple more as our freedom fighters.

Very few weak Euros out there - the best are obvious to those viewing: Hasselborg, Edin, Oskar, Esther, Sara, etc. Breakout star no doubt is Tirinzoni lead Mel B (aka Melanie Barbezat)

Now watch - we'll butcher the overconfident Euros in Skins!!!

01-12-20 01:58PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Harvey Hacksmasher

There was one rock which Benny and BJ were sweeping and Homan wanted it to curl so she yells 'Benny' and they totally ignore her and one of them says under his breath 'just keep going'. Finally she pleads 'Benny can you take it?' and he says 'yes' or 'yes I can' in kind of insulting tone before finally switching. Just plain ignorant.

Last edited by hogged again on 01-12-20 at 02:03PM

01-12-20 03:03PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

The whole game reminded me of kevin martins old third sulking for 6 months 5 years ago

At least ben offered play your shot

Bj was just plain bossy

01-12-20 04:05PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

And how the heck does BJ get to skip? Koe and Botch sitting on the bench?

01-12-20 04:23PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
The whole game reminded me of kevin martins old third sulking for 6 months 5 years ago

At least ben offered play your shot

Bj was just plain bossy

BJ obviously has no idea how to interact with women!

Bossy? OK
More likely defensive!

Have we got any Mexican curlers in the hopper?

01-12-20 04:26PM
Proudcurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Proudcurler Find more posts by Proudcurler Add Proudcurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Proudcurler
Knee-Slider

I am a new poster, but I just had to post my thoughts on this topic. We have had under performance by both men and women on all non-team play. I saw over and over that the male player chose to see the female skip as subordinate - thus putting more pressure on themselves, trying to perform a skip role that is not their strength- and their performance suffered as a result. And the women felt, unheard and uncomfortable- and their performance suffered. The Men seem to think they need to step into the leadership role, even when it is not their skill set. This is a reflection of North American society in general - work, marriage etc...

01-12-20 08:16PM
MeaghanEdwards
Swing Artist

See maybe I'm looking into it too much but I'm thinking it's a case of Ben and BJ being so used to playing with Kevin; for a lead Ben can be very vocal and I believe a few times he's talked Kev into some shots he wasn't comfortable with (and unfortunately didn't work out).

01-12-20 09:06PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

For me I think Canada was both outplayed and out coached. Team Europe did a much better job of picking their mixed and mixed doubles. AND Murdoch even admitted to keeping the same players or same teams on the same sheets.

I personally think they play waaaaay too many mixed team games. I would much rather team koe vs team edin than half koe half Carey vs half edin half hasselburg.
Lastly to hear Stoughton say they just pick the teams rather than teams earn the spot is a terrible idea. Terrible. That makes for way too much influence from the
cc redcoats. Leave it as brier/scotties, can cup, and top ctrs. No need to go back to the drawing board for a glorified exhibition money grab.

01-12-20 10:43PM
MeaghanEdwards
Swing Artist

Agreed, I see no reason why to change who gets in; Team Koe, Homan, Fleury etc all earned their spots there.

I've explained to many angered up 'fans' that this is just an exhibition type game, no WCT points even. Just a let-your-hair-down-if-you-have-any type event. Apparently some are angered that the players largely view it as not important as some of the other high stake events. The things some people get offended by . . .

01-12-20 11:33PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

You mean " some " Canadian players. Euros think and play like it's the Ryder Cup. If you don't think it's important or don't want to be there, say pass and let a much more determined team go. What's wrong with guaranteed 2500 for standing at the boards pretending to clap for your team.

Last edited by IN-OFF-FOR-2 on 01-12-20 at 11:37PM

01-13-20 01:18AM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Looked like a paid curling outing for some elite curlers with little pressure or responsibilities to anybody. Being such a mixed bag of events and teams, I do not care for it nor did I watch much of it.

01-13-20 08:52AM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

Elite athletes being paid money to perform in an athletic competition for TV?! Heaven forfend! Where are my pearls? I need to clutch them!

01-13-20 09:29AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Even though Jen Jones is past her curling prime - she still manages to be an effective points producer and takes games seriously. (Is there a game ever that JJ didn't take seriously?)

Another proven points producer is Brad Gushue. Him and Gallant are used to working with women - Walker to a lesser extent.

Other missing solo acts who can produce and are draws at the box office = John Morris & Kaitlyn Lawes. Both conspicuous by their absence!

Stoughton a proven mixed coach but little to no experience in the mens & women's games.

Same with the Nedohins.

Stoughton is a paid employee so he gets first dibs on coaching jobs - but bringing in the Nedohins as coaches seemed more an honorary thing than anything else!

01-13-20 09:50AM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

Well I enjoyed the Hunter Brothers New Holland commercial at least! It strikes a chord for many I bet.

The Euros are the best right now no question and good for them. However, if you just look at it on a country by country basis, Canada is still the deepest. If you took any country from Europe and had them send their 6 best against Canada's; I strongly believe they would seldom bet Canada. Sweden has the best men's and women's team right now and they ensure that the best curlers play together.

Russ and Cheryl are getting stale.

01-13-20 09:55AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Russ & Cheryl gettin' real stale. Hard to find unique positive things to say when your teams are getting "Murdered" (Benny Hebert term)

Vic Rauter tried hard to homer up and keep Canada in the thing - but Vic appeared very much to be going thru the motions by Day 3.

01-13-20 09:57AM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

Mixing sexes just downs performance

Coaches not the problem

57% - and that was kind - 3 down in 6th - in a team event - best to try and make a hard shot that would give the team a point

Wud love to be a fly in the room during selection of tean Canada

01-13-20 09:59AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Only thing positive out of 2020 Cont. Cup - Jennifer Jones at home watching -

and licking her chops seeing how fawn-like Tracy Fleury & Selena were under the big spot-lites.

Also, seeing Carey & Homan bewildered as all heck during many of their games.

Jones kicking herself - saying if she can just get her wobbling game up to near 80% she can handle any of these teams, including also-sidelined Kerri Einarson.

Jones has to overcome the mercurial Einarson and the soft-playing Fleury in the Manitoba Scotties to get her crack at Homan, Carey, Scheidegger, etc., prolly Scheidegger as Carey is Team Canada.

01-13-20 03:50PM
dugless_zone 13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dugless_zone 13 Click here to Send dugless_zone 13 a Private Message Find more posts by dugless_zone 13 Add dugless_zone 13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

I thought that it was a fun, meaningless event, although the European Team chanting "USA USA" after they had won was kind of a dick move.