M: World Senior Curling Championships
Ostersund, SWE
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sat, Apr 27 -- 4:30am ET
CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 10 of 12 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-27-22 12:03AM
hailstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hailstone Find more posts by hailstone Add hailstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hailstone
Swing Artist

Seventh end of Sweden/Switzerland looks like mixed doubles. In a good way.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-27-22 12:09AM
hailstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hailstone Find more posts by hailstone Add hailstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hailstone
Swing Artist

Switzerland misread the stones, and ended up guarding the Swedish stone that got them 2. But I'm not sure what else they could have done to change the situation anyway.

Go Anna!

03-27-22 12:38AM
hailstone
Swing Artist

Stellar curling in "the real final". Sweden down by one with the hammer in the final end. Getting my Recast credits worth here.

03-27-22 12:55AM
Hack Weight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hack Weight Click here to Send Hack Weight a Private Message Find more posts by Hack Weight Add Hack Weight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hack Weight
Hitting Paint

What an absolute meltdown from Canada in the last 2 ends.

03-27-22 12:55AM
hailstone
Swing Artist

Wow, what an anticlimactic ending. Good luck to whomever matches up with the Swiss.

03-27-22 12:57AM
hailstone
Swing Artist

That is to say, good luck Korea!

03-27-22 12:59AM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Hack Weight
What an absolute meltdown from Canada in the last 2 ends.

I feel so bad for Einarson having to stand there and watch Birchard and Sweeting throw four of the worst rocks ever. But that’s exactly what Birchard did in the prior Korea game in 11, too. Those Sweeting shots were horrific. But they also miscalled multiple line calls on hits this game. They need a real coach, not a timeout coach.

So happy for Korea, though! I hope they win.

03-27-22 12:59AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

I think some of these players will be happy to be on a different team next year.

03-27-22 01:02AM
shocka22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shocka22 Find more posts by shocka22 Add shocka22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shocka22
Harvey Hacksmasher

Can't believe what Anna has missed. I don't say that they would win in EE, but this one stinks

03-27-22 01:06AM
hailstone
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by shocka22
Can't believe what Anna has missed. I don't say that they would win in EE, but this one stinks

Why was she trying for the button? She had backing for protection if she had only adjusted her target.

03-27-22 01:08AM
Hack Weight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hack Weight Click here to Send Hack Weight a Private Message Find more posts by Hack Weight Add Hack Weight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hack Weight
Hitting Paint

Canada played the 9th end as if they were scared to score 2, when Korea was handing it to them, and was more worried about trying to blank. Instead they gift a steal of 1.

The 10th was an abomination. Birchard rolls out on an open hit and then they don’t make a shot the rest of the way. They should have just ripped a double/triple on Kerri’s first - at that point it was clear that scoring a single was best case.

Just a really tough loss. Played pretty well this week, but spurts of play like the above doesn’t win world championships unfortunately.

03-27-22 02:35AM
hailstone
Swing Artist

If I may be permitted to rant on a tangent, this was my first experience using Recast, and it will almost certainly be my last.

First I tried to access with my computer. I was able to access the video, but the playback was halting; it would stop every two or three seconds, making it unwatchable. There seems to be no way to downgrade the stream quality or such to match a system's capability, so that was out of the question.

I then went to my TV's Fire Stick, and searched for a Recast app, but apparently none exists. So I used the Fire Stick web browser to very painfully access the site and log in. With this interface, I was literally unable to find a way to access the Sweden vs Switzerland video. On a Fire Stick, the website will just not scroll to the point of being able to get to the video links. What I ultimately had to do was copy the video URL from my PC and manually enter that into the Fire Stick browser. And this persistence finally allowed me to watch the match from around the half way point.

After the match finished, I wanted to catch up on the rest of the game that I missed. But now the video appears to be gone! I can no longer access it through the previous URL. I went back to my computer to try and find something, and in the process somehow ended up using the remaining free 50 credits from signing up. I have no idea what I used it on, because Recast seems unable to give you a list of prior purchases, so I've just given up.

The only positive thing I have to say is that I didn't waste any actual money on this. This was the most frustrating content purchase I have ever experienced. I can't imagine that whatever pittance the WCF earns from this outweighs the reduced exposure to their product as a result of taking it off of Youtube.

03-27-22 04:16AM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by hailstone
After the match finished, I wanted to catch up on the rest of the game that I missed. But now the video appears to be gone! I can no longer access it through the previous URL.

Try this URL: https://the.recast.app/video/82NPE

I'm not going to defend WCF's decision to use Recast, but "missing" games is just how Recast supposed to work. Live games need to be processed before they become replays, and this might take hours. You shouldn't have to pay a second time, but it is essentially a second URL, and a second video that may not be 100% identical.

03-27-22 04:35AM
shocka22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shocka22 Find more posts by shocka22 Add shocka22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shocka22
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

Why was she trying for the button? She had backing for protection if she had only adjusted her target.

I thought that too. But this whole tournament Anna struggled with easy tap the button shots. I watched every game I could and she had 3 or 4 exact mistakes. So, another WC without gold medal, better luck next year. Let's get that bronze!

03-27-22 06:12AM
hailstone
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlingclips
Try this URL: https://the.recast.app/video/82NPE

Thanks, this did work. Still don't ever want to use this again after this.

03-27-22 06:34AM
curlingclips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingclips Find more posts by curlingclips Add curlingclips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Thanks, this did work. Still don't ever want to use this again after this.

It's not my mission to change people's minds on Recast, but rest assured that y'all can use Recast without spending a single penny. Y'all can "watch" ads to get 250 credit daily, and I put "watch" in quotes because technically it can be done without using human eyeballs.

03-27-22 09:22AM
tubby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tubby Click here to Send tubby a Private Message Find more posts by tubby Add tubby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tubby
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by oliviertoisel

I feel so bad for Einarson having to stand there and watch Birchard and Sweeting throw four of the worst rocks ever. But that’s exactly what Birchard did in the prior Korea game in 11, too. Those Sweeting shots were horrific. But they also miscalled multiple line calls on hits this game. They need a real coach, not a timeout coach.

So happy for Korea, though! I hope they win.

Hope you aren't one of those who are critical when one of those Canadian "timeout coaches" works for another country,

03-27-22 10:24AM
oliviertoisel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oliviertoisel Find more posts by oliviertoisel Add oliviertoisel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oliviertoisel
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by tubby

Hope you aren't one of those who are critical when one of those Canadian "timeout coaches" works for another country,

No. I’m only nationalistic within tournaments.

But I think Einarson, despite massive success, really could benefit from more intense strategy and psychology training. As I said earlier in the week. I don’t think Carruthers is sufficient.

03-27-22 11:05AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by oliviertoisel

No. I’m only nationalistic within tournaments.

But I think Einarson, despite massive success, really could benefit from more intense strategy and psychology training. As I said earlier in the week. I don’t think Carruthers is sufficient.

I agree.
Team Einarson are a talented foursome.
But when the pressure is on, late ends in meaningful games, their demeanour changes to frazzled nerves. And there execution of simple shots disappears.
They need to win these type of games in the first eight ends.

Last edited by guido on 03-27-22 at 11:08AM

03-27-22 11:15AM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlingclips

It's not my mission to change people's minds on Recast, but rest assured that y'all can use Recast without spending a single penny. Y'all can "watch" ads to get 250 credit daily, and I put "watch" in quotes because technically it can be done without using human eyeballs.

This will work for quite a few matches, but if one is watching an event there for the whole week, there comes a point where you run out of ads to watch and earn credits with, and then you’re left with no choice but to pay them some money. This happened to me when watching the Olympic Qualifier event.

As others have said, it can also be difficult to put it up on your full TV. I have to use the web browser in my Xbox. I have the same problem with the international feed for the Slams.

I would much prefer it go back to a service that has apps that are near universal on smart TVs and devices that plug into them. I know that YouTube has problems with not sharing their wealth with the content creators as much as they should, so perhaps other platforms could be tried, but Recast, while workable, is far from satisfactory.

03-27-22 12:52PM
shocka22
Harvey Hacksmasher

Recast is fine for me. Although I couldn't watch every single game I wanted. Now, I will have to subscribe for the GSOC Players Championship and Champions Cup on Yare TV. Do they also have just selected games or every game?

03-27-22 01:32PM
hogged again is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hogged again Find more posts by hogged again Add hogged again to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hogged again
Drawmaster

Korea was full value for the win. Einarson made a couple clutch draws, 1 just to keep a 3 or 4 off the board and the button draw for 3 that should have been the difference but Birchard and Sweeting were just awful down the stretch with bad amateur side misses that cost them the game. Korea had a bunch of attempted doubles jam and missed some shots too but they never appeared to be affected while you could see Canada getting tighter and tighter.

03-27-22 01:50PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by shocka22
Recast is fine for me. Although I couldn't watch every single game I wanted. Now, I will have to subscribe for the GSOC Players Championship and Champions Cup on Yare TV. Do they also have just selected games or every game?

YareTV simply lets you stream the SportsNet TV broadcast. SportsNet will have a feature game they will start with and give updates on the other sheets as necessary. They’ll switch off to another game if the feature game gets out of hand.

Also, though the Slams start on a Tuesday night, the TV and stream coverage doesn’t begin until the Thursday. The only way to see the first few draws is to be there in attendance.

03-27-22 02:36PM
curlingclips
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Observer
there comes a point where you run out of ads to watch and earn credits with

They changed the ads model recently. Its now 5 credit per ad, 50 ads per day, so 250 credit daily. At 50 credit per game, that's 5 games per day. I don't think WCF ever post more than 5 games per day.

03-27-22 03:32PM
shocka22
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Observer

YareTV simply lets you stream the SportsNet TV broadcast. SportsNet will have a feature game they will start with and give updates on the other sheets as necessary. They’ll switch off to another game if the feature game gets out of hand.

Also, though the Slams start on a Tuesday night, the TV and stream coverage doesn’t begin until the Thursday. The only way to see the first few draws is to be there in attendance.

Thank you man! Have to admit, I'm not happy with all that, but I will take what is offered