Rose Final
Bliven (6) Watch Live Curling!
M: Mexican Mixed Doubles Championship
Vancouver, CAN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 6 -- Sun, Apr 28 -- 9:30am PT
Pere/Cohe Final
Quin/Abre (7)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2016 Scotties Tournament of Hearts

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 14 of 23 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-25-16 08:17PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

i would argue against that.they have the strategy down , that isnt whats hurting them. Its execution

And great execution comes from playing reps over and over.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-25-16 08:24PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by decade

And great execution comes from playing reps over and over.

yeah but that doesnt mean the game has left them behind. that would imply that they dont understand how the game is played anymore and arent up to date with the changes.

02-25-16 08:56PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

Well that is a interesting revelation... The one lady in question I was fairly certain but never would have guessed the other one.. Here is hoping they have many happy years together and a berth in this Sundays final

02-25-16 09:25PM
Frozencanuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Frozencanuck Click here to Send Frozencanuck a Private Message Find more posts by Frozencanuck Add Frozencanuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Frozencanuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

Tsn one

Is it just me, or is anyone else out there noticing that TSN1 seems to be fixated on broadcasting the Alberta games?

02-25-16 09:30PM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by ott-am

Dinorock, are you an MP? Will Justin be attending the Brier with you?

PM Trudeau will be too busy cleaning up 9+ years of Harper incompetence, lies and corruption.
But I hear he will watch on TV when he get's the time.

02-25-16 09:32PM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by nelski

Ditto Dino. Nice to see you out for the Scotties. No more cool jazz allowed - only funk fusion.

Where the heck is the like button?
(Jaco Pastorius and Weather Report playing right now.)

02-25-16 10:10PM
5thstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 5thstone Find more posts by 5thstone Add 5thstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
5thstone
Hitting Paint

At last, the revenge game for the Jenn the Vigilante Hanna vs Jennifer the hero shot Jones. So far, its been a small battle for Hanna. I hope Hanna has a better 2nd half in particular, her 3rd.

02-25-16 10:22PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Rock Your World
Well that is a interesting revelation... The one lady in question I was fairly certain but never would have guessed the other one.. Here is hoping they have many happy years together and a berth in this Sundays final

Me too...the first common law couple to win a Scotties.

02-25-16 10:33PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

Vic Rauter could not be more wrong.. Even at the club level if someone prematurely sweeps a opponents rock when it has not hit the T_Line they will be told about it and scolded

02-25-16 10:39PM
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by 5thstone
At last, the revenge game for the Jenn the Vigilante Hanna vs Jennifer the hero shot Jones. So far, its been a small battle for Hanna. I hope Hanna has a better 2nd half in particular, her 3rd.

You would think the curling Gods would throw Jenn Hanna a little bone and give her a small victory win over Jones in this RR battle but I guess the curling gods aren't feeling charitable tonight

02-25-16 10:45PM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

Re: Tsn one

quote:
Originally posted by Frozencanuck
Is it just me, or is anyone else out there noticing that TSN1 seems to be fixated on broadcasting the Alberta games?

TSN1 is Alberta's Regional TSN Channel. Also serves BC and the Yukon. TSN3 is NWT, Nunavut, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. TSN4 is Ontario and TSN5 is Quebec and Atlantic Canada.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

02-25-16 10:49PM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

Re: OK, now I really hate TSN

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Screwing me out of watching some round-robin games so I've basically given up until the playoffs.

Last straw tonite - only get TSN 3 in Winnipeg so tonite they're showing a meaningingless Winnipeg Jets game - Jets are more putrid than putrid.

Watching Jenn Hanna vs. JJ was something I've looked forward to since Hanna toppled the mean girls a few weeks back.

Now, I can't watch it!

TSN, you should be ashamed!

There's a Streaming Link at the top right under WATCH CURLING button on this site. Click on that to load TSN's streaming service. You just have to login with your cable account.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

02-25-16 11:02PM
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

Suzanne Birt has completely come undone today.. Way light on several crucial draws cant hit and stick on takeouts.. I don't think she has made the playoffs since her 2003 appearance 8 straight Scotties for Suzanne with no playoff appearances.. She is never bad at these Scotties she is usually .500 or 4-7... 2 time junior champion she just cant for some reason make that next step to where she finshes at least 4th and a playoff spot

02-25-16 11:09PM
Sasquatch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sasquatch Click here to Send Sasquatch a Private Message Find more posts by Sasquatch Add Sasquatch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sasquatch
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Rock Your World
Suzanne Birt has completely come undone today.. Way light on several crucial draws cant hit and stick on takeouts.. I don't think she has made the playoffs since her 2003 appearance 8 straight Scotties for Suzanne with no playoff appearances.. She is never bad at these Scotties she is usually .500 or 4-7... 2 time junior champion she just cant for some reason make that next step to where she finshes at least 4th and a playoff spot

I think they should have Robyn Green throw 4th stones.

02-25-16 11:34PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

What a game the
Jets played. Won 6-3. I watch tv and stream on computer.

02-25-16 11:37PM
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Sasquatch

I think they should have Robyn Green throw 4th stones.

Green and Birt have stopped playing with each other at least 3 times in the last 10 years and they keep getting back together... I think the only time Green threw 4th stones at a Scotties was at the 2009 STOH where PEI went 7-4 and lost to Jennifer Jones in the Tiebreaker

02-25-16 11:54PM
Sasquatch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sasquatch Click here to Send Sasquatch a Private Message Find more posts by Sasquatch Add Sasquatch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sasquatch
Hitting Paint

It seems the nerves of the moment got to Jolene on her last throw. She called for board weight and it looked a lot heavier to me. She has been a pretty cool customer all week so that's got to hurt.

It's too bad because the team did everything they had to do to nab that tiebreaker/playoff spot. They almost had a tough Alberta team.

Alberta having the hammer and choice of rocks could be a much needed boost for their 1-2 confrontation with Team Canada (likely).

02-26-16 01:16AM
Hack Weight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hack Weight Click here to Send Hack Weight a Private Message Find more posts by Hack Weight Add Hack Weight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hack Weight
Hitting Paint

Disappointing last rock from SK considering how well they played all week to put themselves in a great position to go 7-4. But I think that shot is a great illustration of a skip who may be good, but certainly isn't world class.

I'd be stunned to see anyone other than Jones win this. Obviously anything can happen in one game (how on earth did Homan lose to Jen Hanna?), but I think the experience Jones' team has in big games will allow them to relax a lot more when playoffs begin compared to other teams who never, or rarely, have been in games of such magnitude.

02-26-16 04:11AM
gavinboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gavinboy Click here to Send gavinboy a Private Message Find more posts by gavinboy Add gavinboy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gavinboy
Harvey Hacksmasher

my thoughts on sccotties thus far

First things first, we all know Amy Nixon has been the most annoying curler in the game for so long but she just may be passing the torch to Manitoba's third Selena Kaatz. Seriously girls, please just stop.

Secondly, the second coming of Team Hanna has been a pleasure to watch, Jenn carries herself so beautifully and is the epitome of class, so happy to see her back at the Scot even if it was at the hands of Team Homan who would best represent us at worlds.

Thirdly, I love Chelsea Carey and have always been a huge fan, but let's be real, most people can not stand Amy Nixon so it puts fans between a rock and a hard place, its hard to cheer for your favorite when you can't stand her vice. Kudos to Cheryl Bernard for being able to commentate Amy's games without prejudice after all of Amy's nasty tweets about Team Bernard at the Olympics.

#4: I think I'm all in as far as Krista McCarville goes. She's had a few bumps in the road but if she can make that final I think she has the skill and the balls to win it all. She came to the Scot this year with a purpose and that is to win, and I hope she does it.

#5 Sad to see teams with experience falter as the week goes on. Once the field was set I thought Quebec and PEI had great chances to make the playoffs but they just missed easy key shots when the pressure was on. Hope to see them back next year.

#6 What the hell is going on with BC curling? They need to step it up.

02-26-16 08:51AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Game of a life time for MB and NB. - make the playoffs, or avoid relegations. Very exciting finish to the RR.

02-26-16 08:54AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Hack Weight
I'd be stunned to see anyone other than Jones win this. Obviously anything can happen in one game (how on earth did Homan lose to Jen Hanna?), but I think the experience Jones' team has in big games will allow them to relax a lot more when playoffs begin compared to other teams who never, or rarely, have been in games of such magnitude.

I am gonna say that I think Carey has arrived and will be a formidable foe. Nixon is intense and seems to drive Carey's intensity to the next level. What a pair they have turned out to be.

02-26-16 09:47AM
jfletch2424 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jfletch2424 Click here to Send jfletch2424 a Private Message Find more posts by jfletch2424 Add jfletch2424 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jfletch2424
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: 3 games today do not matter

quote:
Originally posted by HotRocks
Hanna can only top out at 6-5.. out of the Pages..

The only game that might affect the standings is if a surging MB team gets beat by NB...

Yes Jenn Hanna did well.. Team ON were 3rd in % at 83..
Tops is CA at 87% and AB at 84%.... NO/MB/SK.. 82%

I believe Jen Jones has grown out of being affected by a non supportive crowd..

These are 4 very good Teams in the pages and.. any one of them can get the gold.

Hanna, along with SASK & NS are still alive. A Manitoba loss is all that's required (coupled with an Ontraio win for Hanna to stick around). Then we end up with a 4 team tie-breaker.
In this situation I think it plays out like this:

Rankings:
NS (2-1 within this group, beat SASK)
SASK (2-1 within this group)
MB (1-2 within this group, beat ONT)
ONT (1-2 within this group)

This is unlikely to happen as I can't see Manitoba losing, but would give us a few more games to enjoy!

02-26-16 09:51AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Re: 3 games today do not matter

quote:
Originally posted by jfletch2424

Hanna, along with SASK & NS are still alive. A Manitoba loss is all that's required (coupled with an Ontraio win for Hanna to stick around). Then we end up with a 4 team tie-breaker.
In this situation I think it plays out like this:

Rankings:
NS (2-1 within this group, beat SASK)
SASK (2-1 within this group)
MB (1-2 within this group, beat ONT)
ONT (1-2 within this group)

This is unlikely to happen as I can't see Manitoba losing, but would give us a few more games to enjoy!

never saynever. sylvie has some good wins under her belt. who would have predicted she would beat rachel homan last year for example

they have major stakes on the line, perhaps even bigger than einarson. they are playing to avoid relegation and the only way they do that is with a win here.

02-26-16 09:53AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Hack Weight
Disappointing last rock from SK considering how well they played all week to put themselves in a great position to go 7-4. But I think that shot is a great illustration of a skip who may be good, but certainly isn't world class.

id say jones is the favorite but northern ontario and alberta are both more than capable of standing up to and beating her.i dont think the occasion would bother mccarville or carey to be honest. they are just very mentally tough and driven curlers who seem very tough to shake.

02-26-16 10:19AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Who is this common law couple they speak of?

If you cleaned up your message box we would tell you.