Rose Final
Bliven (6) Watch Live Curling!
M: Mexican Mixed Doubles Championship
Vancouver, CAN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 6 -- Sun, Apr 28 -- 9:30am PT
Pere/Cohe Final
Quin/Abre (7)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 11 of 16 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-24-16 05:20PM
CURLING NUTS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLING NUTS Click here to Send CURLING NUTS a Private Message Visit CURLING NUTS's homepage! Find more posts by CURLING NUTS Add CURLING NUTS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLING NUTS
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Guest

And two posts later we hear the first chime ...

I've played both ice surfaces, huge difference! My main point though referred to strategy. She wasted 3 shots in the 9th end and likely could have scored three points had she not dug her heels in and maybe tried burying on the other side.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-24-16 05:27PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by CURLING NUTS
I've played both ice surfaces, huge difference! My main point though referred to strategy. She wasted 3 shots in the 9th end and likely could have scored three points had she not dug her heels in and maybe tried burying on the other side.

Relax. I'm just poking fun at the timing of the posts.

01-24-16 05:30PM
CURLING NUTS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLING NUTS Click here to Send CURLING NUTS a Private Message Visit CURLING NUTS's homepage! Find more posts by CURLING NUTS Add CURLING NUTS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLING NUTS
Swing Artist

Very relaxed, my friend.

01-24-16 05:30PM
Radio-Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radio-Man Click here to Send Radio-Man a Private Message Find more posts by Radio-Man Add Radio-Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

Draw game has often been her kryptonite. Continues to be so. Leave her a pressure draw and you probably feel more optimistic then you should for someone of her pedigree.

"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent...who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."

01-24-16 05:36PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

Thank you curling gods you are paying back big time today.. Einarson and her team after 2 straight finals losses get to go to a Scotties.. Homan and McDonald didnt come through when it really mattered

01-24-16 05:39PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Yay. Kelly is in the finals...for BC.

01-24-16 05:56PM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Rock Your World
Thank you curling gods you are paying back big time today.. Einarson and her team after 2 straight finals losses get to go to a Scotties.. Homan and McDonald didnt come through when it really mattered

Why are the curling gods paying back McDonald? lol

01-24-16 06:10PM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

I think a great big thanks to Jen Hanna is due for shutting up Manitoba Legend as well 😆

01-24-16 06:49PM
Sasquatch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sasquatch Click here to Send Sasquatch a Private Message Find more posts by Sasquatch Add Sasquatch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sasquatch
Hitting Paint

Wow I can't believe we are going to have a national women's championship with no team Homan or team Sweeting.

Huge opportunity for new teams to break through into playoffs this year.

01-24-16 06:52PM
Radio-Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radio-Man Click here to Send Radio-Man a Private Message Find more posts by Radio-Man Add Radio-Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

Yup. Krista McCarville comes to mind.

"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent...who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."

01-24-16 06:53PM
Sasquatch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sasquatch Click here to Send Sasquatch a Private Message Find more posts by Sasquatch Add Sasquatch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sasquatch
Hitting Paint

This year's championship will have a bit of a throwback flare to it.

Jenn Hanna
Krista McCarville
Marie-France Larouche
Kelly Scott (possibly - into the final, hasn't won it yet).
Amy Nixon as part of team Alberta (up 3 playing in 10 as I write this)

01-24-16 06:55PM
kwojtalik is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kwojtalik Click here to Send kwojtalik a Private Message Find more posts by kwojtalik Add kwojtalik to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kwojtalik
Hitting Paint

so disappointed

01-24-16 06:56PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Rock Your World
The curling gods owed Jenn Hanna big time and paid her back a bit today.. All those posters who automatically gave Homan the title before the tournament even started are eating a massive plate of crow right now

Yep. and like i said this is why you play the sport and never just assume. i have to apologize to hanna as well because i didnt give her a chance in the final.I learned my own lesson today

congrats to hanna, its a great story

Field so far:

Canada-Jenniffer jones
Ontario - Jen Hanna'
Northern Ontario - Krista Mccarville
Quebec- Marie-france larouche
Manitoba - Kerri Einarson
Prince Edward Island- Suzanne Birt
Nova Scotia - Jill Brothers
Alberta - Chelsey Carey

On another note Chelsey Carey is up 3 on Sweeting playing 10

Last edited by misty1 on 01-24-16 at 07:53PM

01-24-16 07:01PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

val and rachel losing provincial finals on the same day..who could have foreseen that?

jen is either going to roll to the title this year or someone is going to have a breakthrough.

either way opportunity abounds at the scotties this year

01-24-16 07:04PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

A very colourful and strong lineup for the Scotties. Sage - been there before types. Tough - defeated strong teams to get there. Some tough losses for good teams but hard earned victories. Womens' curling is rock steady deep. Looking fwd to the big show. Where is it this year?

01-24-16 07:18PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Homan and Sweeting

Every other team that has qualified or even yet to qualify just got a little extra pep in their step. The 2 best teams not there opens a possible playoff chance for 4-6 more teams. early prediction, 7-8 teams on the last day with playoff or tie break chances.

01-24-16 07:23PM
dugless_zone 13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dugless_zone 13 Click here to Send dugless_zone 13 a Private Message Find more posts by dugless_zone 13 Add dugless_zone 13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

Just an interesting observation, switching to the Ontario men. The team rosters for the Ontario Men`s tankard lists Joe Frans skipping the team with Scott Bailey not listed at all? Any idea why the change?

01-24-16 07:24PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by jamcan
I think a great big thanks to Jen Hanna is due for shutting up Manitoba Legend as well 😆

Yeah and I hope he doesn't break a leg falling off the Homan band wagon. Also, not sure how I feel about the worlds 75th ranked team representing Ontario. Big drop from worlds number one. Anyoldway, good luck Team Hanna. You've done your supporters proud and I wish you all the best at the Scotties. Disappointed for the Homan rink but there is an old saying and it was quoted earlier about any team etc. Thanks ladies for todays entertainment. Looking forward to the Scotties.

Last edited by albetts on 01-24-16 at 07:29PM

01-24-16 07:26PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by dugless_zone 13
Just an interesting observation, switching to the Ontario men. The team rosters for the Ontario Men`s tankard lists Joe Frans skipping the team with Scott Bailey not listed at all? Any idea why the change?

Apparently, Scott needs to attend a franchise conference for M&M

01-24-16 07:40PM
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by albetts

Yeah and I hope he doesn't break a leg falling off the Homan band wagon. Also, not sure how I feel about the worlds 75th ranked team representing Ontario. Big drop from worlds number one. Anyoldway, good luck Team Hanna. You've done your supporters proud and I wish you all the best at the Scotties. Disappointed for the Homan rink but there is an old saying and it was quoted earlier about any team etc. Thanks ladies for todays entertainment. Looking forward to the Scotties.

If you want Ontario to do damage it's not the best result. I'd peg her at 5-6 but now that Sweeting is out she may have a chance at the playoffs with a good start.

01-24-16 07:58PM
kwojtalik is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kwojtalik Click here to Send kwojtalik a Private Message Find more posts by kwojtalik Add kwojtalik to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kwojtalik
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Some of you sucky-babies are really, really grossly under-estimating Jenn Hanna.

She's got steely resolve. She never quaked or shaked when Harrison controlled her late in their semi-final game earlier today.

And she took control and finished off Rachel when Rachel missed her shots in the final.

6-5 is the absolute worst I see O HANADA going - as high as 8-3....

Wonder if she'll pick up Emma or Lisa from Team Homan to be their 5th player???

Who will Krista McCarville pick up? Tracy Fleury?

Will Carey bring Rachel Brown or Lori O aboard?

Waiting for JJ to announce her 5th player - she had ample opportunity to scout the Manitoba Scotties as the color announcer with Rob Faulds. If I were her I'd pick up young Shannon Birchard! Great young player, future of Manitoba curling . . . . if she's allowed as Team Canada to pick up anyone from any province I'd nominate Kelsey Rocque or Emma Miskew with an outside chance of bringing Rachel herself aboard!

Are you daft

01-24-16 07:58PM
Par89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Par89 Find more posts by Par89 Add Par89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Par89
Swing Artist

We see the Hman/Sweeting rinks on tv a lot because they are in the slams etc. Not every women's team has the sponsorship, babysitters, jobs that allow them the time away to compete all over the country. As well, so many spots taken up by non Canadian teams. Watch the Scottie's then make your comments about the weak teams, not before.

01-24-16 08:08PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

golden opportunity

canada is heavy favorite but after that this event is wide open and that a good thing. it will be nice not knowing who to expect in the final 4 and have some unpredictability for a change.

realistically alberta and northern ontario will probably be the next 2 favorites after canada.

but quebec, ontario, whoever saskatchewan sends and even manitoba will also be in the hunt. and ..for suzanne birt she will never have a better opportunity to make the playoffs again.

but , really a lot of these teams will have a golden opportunity to win a national title. they dont have to go through homan, sweeting and jones, only jones. beating jones is never easy but having to go through only one of those 3 is a lot easier than going through all 3

01-24-16 08:14PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by kwojtalik

Are you daft

Noooooooo, probably been drinking again.

01-24-16 08:17PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Some of you sucky-babies are really, really grossly under-estimating Jenn Hanna.

You're just as guilty as anyone underestimating Jenn Hanna

1) Prior to the 2016 Ontario STOH you claimed Sherry Middaugh had the best chance of beating Rachel Homan

2) You put Rachels chances of winning the 2016 Ontario STOH at 97%

3) When Jenn was 2-2 during RR play you pretty much said Jenn had little chance of making the playoffs