M: USA Curling Under-5 National Championship
Chaska, MN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sun, Apr 28 -- 1:00pm CT
Mellin 11  8th
Meyer  Watch Live Curling!
Rose Final
Bliven (6) Watch Live Curling!
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > How does it look Kevin ,viewing the standings from being 2 and 4 so far?

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-06-13 10:36AM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

How does it look Kevin ,viewing the standings from being 2 and 4 so far?

yep certainly not good if your a Alberta supporter I don't think many will be crying in their beer because of these stats, it sure has people's curling pools for brier feel like Ooops , this wasn't supposed to happen right?, proving once again "curler idols' can falter when the chips are on line NOBODY IS IMMUNE , wonder what future will hold for the martin rink?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-06-13 11:06AM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

Re: How does it look Kevin ,viewing the standings from being 2 and 4 so far?

quote:
Originally posted by sternwheeler
yep certainly not good if your a Alberta supporter I don't think many will be crying in their beer because of these stats, it sure has people's curling pools for brier feel like Ooops , this wasn't supposed to happen right?, proving once again "curler idols' can falter when the chips are on line NOBODY IS IMMUNE , wonder what future will hold for the martin rink?

They're having a bad week. And they're running into teams playing well against them. It happens.

I don't think 'the future' is a secret. They have a Trials spot. They'll be together for next season for the Trials run. And then Kevin will probably retire. This week doesn't change that.

03-06-13 11:09AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Doesn't he have a few of the "club" teams before he meets Howard? He could easily finish fairly high up.

Not sure if QC can keep the pace going and qualify, NL is on a roll so he could have a hard time with them.

However,one of the lower ranked teams could bring their 'A' game and beat him.

I don't think he would risk getting rid of any of the team members this late in the game before the Olympic Trials. Althought the second best looking curler on the planet - Morris (Ulsrud being the best )is not looking very happy at this Brier.

03-06-13 11:16AM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

Glen Howard missed the playoffs, with losing records, at two of the grand slams this year. I don't think that prompted any wild handwringing. Bad weeks happen.

03-06-13 12:25PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

Re: How does it look Kevin ,viewing the standings from being 2 and 4 so far?

quote:

I sense deep, hidden anger within your post.

03-09-13 12:52AM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
tomorrows buffet will feature crow au gratin

kev says he was just playing with your brain earlier in the week sternboat

Beating Ontario and ruining there perfect Round Robin record is a decent consolation prize for Alberta missing the playoffs... In their own backyard

03-09-13 07:22AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Rock Your World

Beating Ontario and ruining there perfect Round Robin record is a decent consolation prize for Alberta missing the playoffs... In their own backyard

Hardly! Only habitually losers are interested in consolation prizes and Martin is not one of those. Johnny the hammer may be happy with the toaster but not the AB team.

03-09-13 09:29AM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

I think they're a class act...

Um, sure. TSN and the CCA might disagree.

http://thecurlingnews.com/blog/2013...ipment-trashed/

03-09-13 11:15AM
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by doubletakeout

Um, sure. TSN and the CCA might disagree.

http://thecurlingnews.com/blog/2013...ipment-trashed/

I saw Johnny Mo take something off and throw it into the scoreboard at the end of the opening draw loss to Stoughton. That may well have been the 'incident' referred to in the article. Quite honestly, I don't blame him - he was pissed and frustrated about the game, and probably felt like he cost them the win with his miss in the extra. I know I'm probably in the minority, but (as long as it isn't directed at opposition or officials, or after repeated warnings....see the Schille incident in the playdowns) I have absolutely no problem with the occasional self-deprecating f-bomb or broom break. These guys are competitive and they're real people and they show emotion. No problem with that at all.

What I always find entertaining is how much the Quebec teams usually seem to get away with on TV. Menard's team was swearing up a storm this week. Does TSN not have someone who speaks french in the house?

03-09-13 11:51AM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

Mostly agree... if you're pissed, it's fine to throw something - but throw your own property. No need to cause $4000 worth of damage to one of the best supporters of your sport. Childish and idiotic, and not classy. The article says he wasn't forced to pay for it, but if John Morris has any class in him he'll reimburse TSN.

03-09-13 01:53PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

I agree with both of you. Show emotion and if you end up breaking a broom fine. However i think we also need to remember that kids are watching so swearing in a national event like this isnt something I agree with. and whoever broke tsn's equipment was just dead wrong. If you break your own equipment i dont care but when you damage other's property then thats gone to far.

03-09-13 02:27PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

If martin had made the playoffs then, yeah the story would have been mostly about him because he would have had the chance to make history in several areas plus if he won just 1 more game he'd take the record for all time brier wins.

Even now martin is a major story of the brier but he's no longer the story

03-09-13 02:41PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

Even now martin is a major story of the brier but he's no longer the story

Agreed and ML is getting carried away by saying Martin is a lock to win the Olympic trials at this point.. Why because Martin won 6 games in a row at the brier? Heck Howard won 10 games in a row

03-09-13 02:45PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

yes I could agree with that story, Men's curling isn't just about who has most wins, most appearances etc etc..... it might be refreshing to perhaps see a different team represent Canada OTHER THAN SAME OLE SAME OLE AS BEFORE... we'll have to wait and see if this will become history .?.

03-09-13 03:16PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
yes I could agree with that story, Men's curling isn't just about who has most wins, most appearances etc etc..... it might be refreshing to perhaps see a different team represent Canada OTHER THAN SAME OLE SAME OLE AS BEFORE... we'll have to wait and see if this will become history .?.

Agree. would love to see New Foundland or Northern Ontario win

03-09-13 03:25PM
Dackle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dackle Click here to Send Dackle a Private Message Find more posts by Dackle Add Dackle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dackle
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

Agree. would love to see New Foundland or Northern Ontario win

Newfoundland/Labrador winning it all would be great if Stoughton can't win it.