Rose Final
Bliven (6) Watch Live Curling!
M: Mexican Mixed Doubles Championship
Vancouver, CAN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 6 -- Sun, Apr 28 -- 9:30am PT
Pere/Cohe Final
Quin/Abre (7)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
07-02-13 06:45PM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

So who's going Continental?

Yeah, I know, it's a good 6 months off...but I just booked my hotel room (not staying at the Orleans, found rooms for 1/2 the price at a nicer hotel on the strip...hooray gambling cred ) and the airplane tickets are next paycheck...so...

Who's going to the Continental Cup, next January in Sin City?

ON a vaugely related note, let's pretend that someone who was a certifiable official type person was going to be in town for the event, is there a committee to contact to find out if they could use a hand on a clock or elsewhere? Since I'm boycotting NotReallyNationalChampionships, I find myself with a patch on my jacket but noplace to use it...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

07-02-13 09:29PM
AK267 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AK267 Visit AK267's homepage! Find more posts by AK267 Add AK267 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AK267
Super Rockchucker

I might go IF Team Brown wins the US Trials. Just got a new job so money isn't an issue now.

07-03-13 09:31AM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Google is your friend

http://www.curling.ca/2014continentalcup-en/volunteer/

07-03-13 09:43AM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

Ahh, marvelous, thank you!

Application submitted...hope my level 1/2 USCA is considered close enough to level 1 CCA for timer consideration...guess we'll see...

and if not...meh...

07-06-13 11:41AM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Curling in Vegas? It will be hard to keep me away.

Still, it comes in a busy year. I do plan to see all of the Trial in Fargo. I'm looking forward to returning to Philly for Nationals. I'd like to see some other playdowns and a few of the cash spiels. Plus I might play a little more this year.

So I am a big curling fan, but this year is filling up quickly. I can't imagine missing Vegas, but I need to plan this out a little bit.

Ben Tucker
Once dethroned AK as America's top curling fan

07-06-13 02:22PM
Beermaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Beermaker Click here to Send Beermaker a Private Message Find more posts by Beermaker Add Beermaker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Beermaker
Drawmaster

Tuck, I see by your schedule, that you did not make any plans for the Winnipeg extravaganza, also know as the "Roar of the Rings". Every Olympics qualifiers in Canada, in my mind offers the best overall curling on the planet, bar none.

Here is the link:

http://www.curling.ca/2013roarofthe...w-schedule-set/

07-06-13 04:15PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Ah, that's just a two-hour jog up the highway. I'll catch a day here and a day there...no need for real planning. Fargo is actually a touch farther away, but I'll want to see the entire event. That means motels and budgeting.

For those considering a trip to Winnipeg for the Canadian Trials, I'd highly recommend The Fairmont for those with a big budget. Very nice and very close to the arena. Most visiting NHL teams stay there, I believe. For those on a tighter budget, consider the Louis Riel. Once a gem of the city, it has seen its better days. Still, it's alright and close to the arena as well. Parking should be easy in the evenings...they get everybody parked for hockey games...but daytime parking might be a bitch. I'd try hard to room somewhere close to the arena if I were you.

Ben Tucker

07-11-13 03:39PM
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Welcome to the Volunteer Team for the 2014 WFG Continental Cup.

Your volunteer application has been accepted and all checks and screening have been completed.

Once again, thank you for your willingness to volunteer at the 2014 WFG Continental Cup. We recognize that our volunteers are the backbone to this event and we look forward to working with you.

One of the Area Directors will be in touch to work with you at developing your volunteer schedule and provide you with the answers to any questions you may have. Please ensure your VicNet account profile is up to date, including your contact information. We will be contacting all volunteers periodically to provide you with information and update you on special events that you will want to attend.

Well...guess I'm in

07-11-13 04:16PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

cool! curling and gambling! Make sure to hook up with Nick Kitinski, local Las Vegas curler and USCA director.

Freemont street for cheap gambling and food as well. So many great restaurants on the strip.

Have a blast

JH
as Willy always says, bet with head not over it. Me, I say "always bet the basket"