SUI (Rueetschi-Schlegel) Final
SCO (Kennedy) (7)
M: Mexican Mixed Doubles Championship
Vancouver, CAN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Apr 27 -- 9:00am PT
Quin/Abre 9th
Pere/Cohe  Watch Live Curling!
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2015 Ford World Men's Curling Championship

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 12 of 13 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-05-15 08:55AM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

don't worry Claire , sure that somebody like Johnny Mo

quote:
Originally posted by Claire Marie
I hope someone tells John Morris to just shut up and let Pat call the shots. I'm betting they will lose against Finland too unless.....
will have gotten the message loud and clear, besides having the ole man EARLE come off his seat to verbalize himself....

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-05-15 09:14AM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

Hopefully they can regroup and win bronze today.

On the other hand, the Norway-Sweden game should be a good one.

I think Norway will come out on top, but it's going to be close.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

04-05-15 09:21AM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

agree Norway/Sweden match should be a good rivalry game

between two good Scandinavian teams playing for all the marbles

04-05-15 09:22AM
CurlingGeek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingGeek Click here to Send CurlingGeek a Private Message Visit CurlingGeek's homepage! Find more posts by CurlingGeek Add CurlingGeek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

Happy Easter Everyone. We're covering both medal games today, with the bronze CAN-FIN game live now:

https://games.curlinggeek.com/broadcast/148

Join us for some chat while you watch the TSN feed, and appreciate that we always show lead rocks.

04-05-15 10:13AM
Claire Marie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Claire Marie Click here to Send Claire Marie a Private Message Find more posts by Claire Marie Add Claire Marie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Claire Marie
Harvey Hacksmasher

I still can't get over Simmons missing final shot 1st end to blank....Hell, I do it all the time (unintentionally, of course) but it set the tone for the whole game. Actually, I do hope they can regroup and win the consolation prize today.

04-05-15 11:09AM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

As curling fans, all/most of us will watch the final. But TSN's ratings will plummet without Canada in there. My guess is that they'll lose 30 to 50% of what the audience would have been if Canada was playing. It'll likely be a great game, but a lot of casual fans will skip it.

04-05-15 11:10AM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
on another note i heard that earle was on the plane that cllipped the aerials on the runway and crashed last week and he had John's shoes with him ...

kinda scary if true....

Earle was not on that plane, but his luggage was.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

04-05-15 11:20AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Re: John Morris and his Gypsy Father

quote:
Originally posted by HotRocks

Martin was strong enough to handle John Morris..
Pat Simmons is not and eventually was worn down ....
Morris was invited to the Team but luckily Pat Simmons rescued a Briar

where will John and his endless yapping show up next season??

I would bet that Carter will be the one gone. And not for bad reasons. He was going to hang them up last year to spend more time with his family. He only played enough events this year so T.C. could go to the Brier.The opportunity is there again as long as the other 3 stay together as T.C.
He obviously still has the skill, but priorities get in the way sometimes. Maybe I'll be wrong.

04-05-15 12:09PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: John Morris and his Gypsy Father

quote:
Originally posted by guido

I would bet that Carter will be the one gone. And not for bad reasons. He was going to hang them up last year to spend more time with his family. He only played enough events this year so T.C. could go to the Brier.The opportunity is there again as long as the other 3 stay together as T.C.
He obviously still has the skill, but priorities get in the way sometimes. Maybe I'll be wrong.

If Carter left, Craig Saville could be a good choice as a replacement.

04-05-15 01:22PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

Or Mead.

04-05-15 01:22PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

So glad Canada got the Bronze, it was expected and deserved, no team was going to beat Sweden yesterday, unless they played like Sweden, which probably wasn't going to happen.

Tough pick, But I'll go with Norway, Sweden won't repeat that performance again.

04-05-15 02:07PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by rick8end
As curling fans, all/most of us will watch the final. But TSN's ratings will plummet without Canada in there. My guess is that they'll lose 30 to 50% of what the audience would have been if Canada was playing. It'll likely be a great game, but a lot of casual fans will skip it.

thats not necessarily true. i remember the womens final a couple years ago in canada between sweden and switzerland and that final had really good numbers. if i remember correctly it was one of the most watched finals in a long time

04-05-15 03:05PM
Henrock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Henrock Click here to Send Henrock a Private Message Find more posts by Henrock Add Henrock to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Henrock
Knee-Slider

I speak Swedish, Finnish and Norwegian so next year I can volunteer to be in the booth, should be a great game

04-05-15 03:12PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: John Morris and his Gypsy Father

quote:
Originally posted by guido

Giving quality time to your wife, children and career should never be described as getting in the way.

04-05-15 03:25PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Re: John Morris and his Gypsy Father

quote:
Originally posted by decade

Giving quality time to your wife, children and career should never be described as getting in the way.

LOL, you are correct, bad choice of words.

04-05-15 03:48PM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Audience should be OK. I predict a 10 to 20% drop. May as well tell the teams not to wear microphones unless TSN has translation services available.

Two things - Nikita won't curl 100% but if they can somehow turn around hammer advantage in first 3 or 4 ends they'll torment Thomas for the rest of the contest!

Respectfully disagree. If you think casual viewers will tune into Norway-Sweden, I think you're wrong. They're excellent teams, but the viewership will suffer more than 10-20%. If I can find the ratings tomorrow, 2014 to 2015 I'll post them.

04-05-15 04:52PM
rick8end
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
pls post the ratings - would like to see where they are locted on the net too .. do you need a password ? thx

I imagine they will be released. Here's an example of the "Sports" tv ratings the final weekend of the Brier.

"Here are the most-watched sports events from the past weekend, according to Numeris overnight ratings:

1. NHL, Blues-Leafs/Habs-Coyotes/Jets-Preds, Saturday, CBC-Rogers: 1,700,000

2. Curling, Brier final, Sunday, TSN: 1,250,000

3. Curling, Brier semifinal, Saturday, TSN: 896,000

4. NHL, Canucks-Sharks/Pens-Kings, Saturday, CBC: 827,000

5. Curling, Page playoff 1-2, Friday, TSN: 738,000

6. Curling, Page playoff 3-4, Saturday, TSN: 710,000

7. NHL, Flames at Senators, Sunday, City: 623,000

8. Curling, Brier bronze game, Sunday, TSN: 621,000"

I assume we'll be able to find ratings for the World Men's final without a password. Cheers.

By the way comparing 2014 to 2015 will prove to be irrelevant as the 2014 men's championship was in Beijing so it wouldn't have been shown live at a good viewing time. Hopefully we can compare yesterday's semi-final to the final.

Last edited by rick8end on 04-05-15 at 04:59PM

04-05-15 05:10PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

what a horribly disapointing end to the event.

sweden curled well but they really didnt have much to do against a canadian and now a norwegian team that were way off their normal games

04-05-15 05:42PM
lolar3288 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lolar3288 Click here to Send lolar3288 a Private Message Find more posts by lolar3288 Add lolar3288 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lolar3288
Drawmaster

If world curling was a reality then all these teams would be playing in Europe all season, then they could really call themselves world champs. Perhaps we should ban them from Canada for two years and see how well they do.

04-05-15 05:46PM
rick8end
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by lolar3288
If world curling was a reality then all these teams would be playing in Europe all season, then they could really call themselves world champs. Perhaps we should ban them from Canada for two years and see how well they do.

What is the problem? Edin and Ulsrud haven't done all that well on the Slam circuit. They've just gotten hot at the right time at the Worlds. It's great for the game that several countries can now give Canada a battle every time they play.

04-05-15 05:48PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Loved Ulsrud's last shot! Who would have believed it. Bet a lot of people will be trying this at their own club.

04-05-15 06:48PM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

everyone including his own team mates were surprised

quote:
Loved Ulsrud's last shot! Who would have believed it. Bet a lot of people will be trying this at their own club.
when Ulsrud flipped his stone over as if it got "picked' and slid it down the sheet on its striking band rolling like a 'wheel' , yep never seen it done before, and the 'replay" was never shown again afterwards on TSN...

04-05-15 06:48PM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

everyone including his own team mates were surprised

quote:
when Ulsrud flipped his stone over as if it got "picked' and slid it down the sheet on its striking band rolling like a 'wheel' , yep never seen it done before, and the 'replay" was never shown again afterwards on TSN...

04-05-15 07:25PM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Good Curling by Swedens Team

Seems like Canada doesn't have that "target on their backs" anymore
Women havent won a world title since 2008 and now the Men seem to be slipping off the throne
Sweden seems to be building a good system as are the Swiss and other Euro Countries
Hope next year is a better ending for both Canada's Top Teams..

04-05-15 07:32PM
rick8end
Swing Artist

Re: Good Curling by Swedens Team

quote:
Originally posted by HotRocks
Seems like Canada doesn't have that "target on their backs" anymore
Women havent won a world title since 2008 and now the Men seem to be slipping off the throne
Sweden seems to be building a good system as are the Swiss and other Euro Countries
Hope next year is a better ending for both Canada's Top Teams..

That's true, but Canada won both the gold medals at the recent Olympic Games. Yes, there's been a surprising drought at the Worlds, but Canada remains a power and always will be.