M: USA Curling Under-5 National Championship
Chaska, MN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sun, Apr 28 -- 1:00pm CT
Mellin 11  8th
Meyer  Watch Live Curling!
Rose Final
Bliven (6) Watch Live Curling!
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 7 of 8 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-06-14 11:38AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
Koe team had pretty much the same run at the roar .. same as Martin , Howard , and Stoughton...

The best way to ruin curling for me is to play it on lousy and inconsistent ice with mismatched rocks .. I saw Koe draw the pot to win a brier - when he cant get halfway to the house on a dozen draws im pretty sure it isnt about him .. and to say they werent trying hard would be naive ... if i was playing they would need to turn off my mike ... i watched less than 15 ends this week .. just caught the good stuff

Not sure why some posters cant see Carter's contribution... probably the most competitive and entertaining player i watch ..

and Russ is awesome .. guess you cant please everybody

carter is a great shot maker but he's just so annoying to listen to. He talks way to much, needs to just shut up sometimes.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

04-06-14 12:12PM
Unregistered

Glenn Howard is 51 not 53, Jeff Stoughton is 50 not 51 and Kevin Martin is 47 not 49. Over 7,000 posts and you're 0 for 3 LOL.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 70.78.26.214

04-06-14 12:14PM
Beermaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Beermaker Click here to Send Beermaker a Private Message Find more posts by Beermaker Add Beermaker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Beermaker
Drawmaster

The third for John Morris was Craig Savill at the time, still playing with Glen Howard for now!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-06-14 12:46PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
Koe team had pretty much the same run at the roar .. same as Martin , Howard , and Stoughton...

The best way to ruin curling for me is to play it on lousy and inconsistent ice with mismatched rocks .. I saw Koe draw the pot to win a brier - when he cant get halfway to the house on a dozen draws im pretty sure it isnt about him .. and to say they werent trying hard would be naive ... if i was playing they would need to turn off my mike ... i watched less than 15 ends this week .. just caught the good stuff

Not sure why some posters cant see Carter's contribution... probably the most competitive and entertaining player i watch ..

and Russ is awesome .. guess you cant please everybody

Fine, the ice sucked but one needs to figure it out in order to win. Its no different then golf for that matters. Koe as a whole looked worse then some of the part time touring teams that get blown away and shake hands in the 3rd end from the bigger names.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.159.24

04-06-14 12:57PM
Jimbobogie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbobogie Click here to Send Jimbobogie a Private Message Find more posts by Jimbobogie Add Jimbobogie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jimbobogie
Drawmaster

Here's hoping that "Tommy & The Pants" convince their better halves to allow them to continue playing-the games needs a really colourful crew-especially one that can win.

04-06-14 01:06PM
Unregistered

I'm not a big Koe fan (no particular reason), but the 1-2 game seemed to do him in. Ulsrud pretty much escaped with the win - coming through a port to make a late-end double with probably only a couple of centimetres to spare, and then relying on Koe to come up light with his final draw in the 9th. Even the 10th end got dicey for Ulsrud and he had to make a pretty good last shot to win.

The point of the comment is that Koe likely should have been in the final after the 1-2 game and the fact he wasn't seemed to play on his mind IMO.

Should Koe get a ton of criticism? I guess many of the armchair curlers will give it to him. Personally, I prefer to cut him and his rink some slack knowing they likely deserved to be in the final after the 1-2 game and believing that tough loss, and the ice, affected them in the 3-4 and bronze medal games. As I said I'm not a big Koe fan, but jumping all over him seems kind of pointless. I do admire that he took the blame in the post-game interviews. You don't see that a lot in today's sports world.

04-06-14 01:09PM
Unregistered

Correction, in the game versus the winner of the 3-4 game. Sorry.

04-06-14 01:58PM
murphyj87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for murphyj87 Click here to Send murphyj87 a Private Message Visit murphyj87's homepage! Find more posts by murphyj87 Add murphyj87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
murphyj87
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

What happened to Morris' 3rd who crushed Kennedy?

6-5 in an extra end for Ontario over Alberta in the tie breaker is "crushing"?

Saville ranked #1 third (84%,+3), and Kennedy was #4 third (79%,+2) for the week. Mark Nichols was #7 third (76%,+3) that year out of 13 thirds in the competition.

Last edited by murphyj87 on 04-06-14 at 02:09PM

04-07-14 03:58PM
Unregistered

Really!!!

SpongeBob pants wins the Worlds? What an embarassment. Nice job Koe. Thnx for attending, u lousy hack.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 205.189.94.12

04-07-14 04:33PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

Re: Really!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
SpongeBob pants wins the Worlds? What an embarassment. Nice job Koe. Thnx for attending, u lousy hack.

Nice post, dickhead. Do you spend all of your day at the Scarborough Public Library

04-07-14 04:57PM
Unregistered

You too could win the worlds if you learned how to curl 95%

Your a bitter little not very smart ass turd arent you ..

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.61.129

04-08-14 12:57AM
Jimbobogie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbobogie Click here to Send Jimbobogie a Private Message Find more posts by Jimbobogie Add Jimbobogie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jimbobogie
Drawmaster

Re: Really!!!

quote:

Don't you love and respect people who at least have the guts to put a registered name to their comments?

04-08-14 07:50AM
Unregistered

I cant tell the difference between jimbobogie and unregistered, except with unregistered his ip address indicates he uses free wi fi at the scarborough library ... Jimbob tells us nothing

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.61.129

04-08-14 09:36AM
Unregistered

Agreed. No difference between reg or unregistered. A registered user can make dickhead posts too(see all Manitoba Legend posts, ever).

As to Koe, that team was doomed from game one. They surrounded themselves with negative talk and vibes with their post Brier break up announcement. And they played like a team that obviously didn't want to be there-or be in the same room together for that matter. Hopefully Koe learned to zip his lip until after the season is over.

They were ripe for the fall. Lucky to finish fourth, frankly.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 209.121.225.142

04-08-14 01:49PM
Unregistered

its not all on team koe or any team for that matter. The fact is that no matter how hard people try to keep a secret its just to hard these days. with social media and all the ways there are for information to leak out its almost inevitable that this kind of secret was going to get out before they wanted it to.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 130.179.165.150

04-08-14 02:03PM
Gerry is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

You all sound like Koe's team was a disaster and didn't put in a full effort. With the games in the wee morning hours I wonder how many of you actually watched the Playoff games.

Koe was one shot away from having the lead in the final end of the Page 1v2 game against Ulsrud. A draw/tap that came up way short in the 9th end for 2, which would have had the team in the drivers seat.

In the Semifinal against Sweden, Koe missed a draw in the 2nd end that just had to be anywhere in the 8-foot and then the 3 he gave up was another end where Koe missed a shot.

Koe admitted after the fact the HE wasn't playing at his best. Sometimes this happens and in the past they might have been able to get away with it. The rest of the world is catching up and Ulsrud quietly had one of the stronger season and the Eriksson team is very good as well.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

04-08-14 02:22PM
Unregistered

Koe wasn't at his best because he, and his team, didn't want to be there.

True professional teams and athletes don't announce end of season moves until the season is over. If the leafs told Randy Carlyle he was fired but still had to coach the final ten games, how hard do you think he would work?

True pros don't do what this team did. Pure and simple.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 209.121.225.142

04-08-14 02:27PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

I say B.S. to what you suggest...

Koe's team mates didn't want to be there in China.... ofcurse their minds might have been elsewhere other than the curling rink , but representing your country requires some focus and attention to what is at hand ...any half ass input results in udder failure...

04-08-14 02:56PM
Unregistered

Just because they lost does not mean they did not want to be there or win. What makes everyone an expert in what Kevin, or any of them were thinking? If you can read minds, and predict the future, can you tell me the lotto 6/49 winning numbers? The anger, and the venom expressed on here is sad.

They are splitting. Carter is changing his plans so they can keep the Team Canada designation and privileges. Next year will look different just like every year. People come and go. I am curious about Gushue...what about Mark Nichols???

But I do not know what they will do so I will just wait until they announce what next season will bring.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 174.7.5.81

04-08-14 04:22PM
murphyj87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for murphyj87 Click here to Send murphyj87 a Private Message Visit murphyj87's homepage! Find more posts by murphyj87 Add murphyj87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
murphyj87
Swing Artist

Re: I say B.S. to what you suggest...

quote:
Originally posted by sternwheeler
Koe's team mates didn't want to be there in China.... ofcurse their minds might have been elsewhere other than the curling rink , but representing your country requires some focus and attention to what is at hand ...any half ass input results in udder failure...

As I posted elsewhere in more detail, during the 10 consecutive years that Canada medalled (2004-2013), Scotland didn't medal twice (04,07), Sweden didn't medal 5 times (05,06,07,08,10), Norway didn't medal 7 times (04,05,07,09,11,12,13) and those were the nations which medalled most other than Canada.

I wonder if Scotland and Sweden talked about "scale of failure" when they didn't medal 2 and 5 times respectively while Canada continuously medalled, or if we consider that Canada should medal by "divine right"?

04-08-14 05:30PM
Gerry is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Koe wasn't at his best because he, and his team, didn't want to be there.

True professional teams and athletes don't announce end of season moves until the season is over. If the leafs told Randy Carlyle he was fired but still had to coach the final ten games, how hard do you think he would work?

True pros don't do what this team did. Pure and simple.

1. Team Koe didn't announce anything prior to the Worlds.

2. One made shot in the 9th end against Ulsrud and they're in the final. To suggest Koe didn't want to be there is disingenuous. The Koe we watched was no different from how he acts on the ice all the time, just this time we got to see most of their games and fans just love to nitpick his behaviour when players become Team Canada.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

04-08-14 06:07PM
Unregistered

To all the people talking about the importance of the team break-up (i.e. that's why they didn't win a medal), do you really think Nolan, Carter and Pat didn't want to add a World Championship gold medal to their resumes. That's makes no sense whatsoever. If anything they were likely more motivated to prove Kevin wrong for dissolving the team.

Was the off-ice camaraderie between the team likely lesser than normal? Probably. But their effort on the ice was there from start to finish and one or two breaks in the 1-2 game didn't go their way and it snowballed from there.

04-08-14 06:43PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Gerry

1. Team Koe didn't announce anything prior to the Worlds.

2. One made shot in the 9th end against Ulsrud and they're in the final. To suggest Koe didn't want to be there is disingenuous. The Koe we watched was no different from how he acts on the ice all the time, just this time we got to see most of their games and fans just love to nitpick his behaviour when players become Team Canada.

are you actually going to sit there and suggest that if koe makes a draw for 2 to go up by 1 in the 9th end that that puts him into the final? because that's ridiculous

ulsrud very likely could have scored a 2 in the 10th end

04-08-14 06:59PM
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:

are you actually going to sit there and suggest that if koe makes a draw for 2 to go up by 1 in the 9th end that that puts him into the final? because that's ridiculous

ulsrud very likely could have scored a 2 in the 10th end

Sure, Ulsrud can score 2, but it would have put Koe is a very strong position to win the game. Elite teams are very strong in that position and Koe is no different, with an 8-1 record this season when up 1 without hammer. Ulsrud on the other side is 5-4 when down 1 with hammer.

When a team of Koe's hitting ability gets a lead in that situation they're very tough to beat.

04-08-14 07:58PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Gerry

Sure, Ulsrud can score 2, but it would have put Koe is a very strong position to win the game. Elite teams are very strong in that position and Koe is no different, with an 8-1 record this season when up 1 without hammer. Ulsrud on the other side is 5-4 when down 1 with hammer.

When a team of Koe's hitting ability gets a lead in that situation they're very tough to beat.

true but the koe at this years worlds were not themselves. they were making plenty of uncharacteristic mistakes