M: USA Curling Under-5 National Championship
Chaska, MN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sun, Apr 28 -- 1:00pm CT
Mellin 11  8th
Meyer  Watch Live Curling!
Rose Final
Bliven (6) Watch Live Curling!
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 6 of 8 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-05-14 11:36AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Anyone

except those clowns from Norway. Hammy tried to stir the pot with his comments with Jacobs, but he knew Koe was weak so why bother this time.

Nice participation Koe. Seems a World Championship meant nothing to Koe.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 66.209.61.22

04-05-14 12:09PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

ahhh how do suppose Koe rink will approach

the Swiss game playing for a bronze medal? when we all know these players will not be together as team for next curling season?...A MEDAL IS A MEDAL so it ain't 'golden' right, their approach must be remaining focused and play game not feeling "they lost the golden moment"

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-05-14 12:09PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

ahhh how do suppose Koe rink will approach

the Swiss game playing for a bronze medal? when we all know these players will not be together as team for next curling season?...A MEDAL IS A MEDAL so it ain't 'golden' right, their approach must be remaining focused and play game not feeling "they lost the golden moment"

04-05-14 12:10PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by dbsdbs
Agree with ML that the boys look like they have had enough of each other -- Koe especially seems to have distanced himself from team.

But disagree with ML about this game vs JJ game. Swedes made this a fun game to watch. After scoring an early 4, most teams likely would have just kept things clean but Swedes kept rocks in play. Some very interesting ends.

Final could be a fun game to watch.

surprised me because when he got up early against the swiss he became a hitting machine. maybe he figured the 2nd end was to soon to do that

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

04-05-14 12:11PM
Unregistered

Why is Jennifer Jones even in the conversation? I realize it's not a big criticism by you, but after being perfect at the Olympics maybe you can give criticism of her strategical approach a rest until the fall. It seems a little petty right now.

As for Koe, it was a bad day at the office. He just pulled the string on a couple of critical draws against Norway (9th end) and Sweden (4-ender) and that told the tale.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 70.78.26.214

04-05-14 01:16PM
DBZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DBZ Click here to Send DBZ a Private Message Visit DBZ's homepage! Find more posts by DBZ Add DBZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DBZ
Swing Artist

Rough game. Was surprised he went for the freeze in 6 & the miss for the deuce & missed draws, all very uncharacteristic of Kevin. Team Koe seemed to be the less-experienced team on the ice. Great game by Sweden

04-05-14 01:33PM
Unregistered

Peteski

is a real dedicated curling fan/curler to post at 5Am. While the rest of us are sleeping he's posting.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 66.209.61.22

04-05-14 02:04PM
Unregistered

Re: ahhh how do suppose Koe rink will approach

quote:
Originally posted by sternwheeler

Canada has lost twice to Norway and twice to Sweden they would be thrilled to get a bronze and they really don't deserve it they were an embarrassment looks like koe has lost his draw weight a team break up will help morale with this team going forward.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 67.68.41.116

04-05-14 02:08PM
ott-am is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ott-am Click here to Send ott-am a Private Message Find more posts by ott-am Add ott-am to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ott-am
Swing Artist

I know this did not have an impact on the outcome of the game, but how does someone in the worlds who has been curling for 16 years, not know that you cannot sweep an opposing rock before the tee line? Rocks often skip up backwards. First year curlers know that you cannot sweep that rock. I cannot believe they had to bring out an official for that. Koe was overly generous where he placed the rock, too. If Oskar had not swept it, it would most likely have been 2nd shot.

04-05-14 02:39PM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

There was an even more embarrassing rule question during the World Juniors. Apparently in many Champions Tour events in Europe, they play with a rule that a blanked extra end = loss for team with hammer. This exact situation happened (by accident, of course) in a round-robin game, and Team Italy thought that the blanked extra end meant they had won the game. They started celebrating and even offered handshakes before being notified by the officials that they'd have to play a 12th end.

Strange situation with Oskar today, he certainly should have known better. Thought it was rather odd on the WCF youtube feed that the commentators thought Koe should have let it slide.

04-05-14 02:56PM
Unregistered

that rock came back to force him to take 1...didnt matter though i cant see how koe is gonna be better with new teamates he s gotta make his shots

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 66.222.236.95

04-06-14 12:02AM
Unregistered

I'm cheering for the Swiss. Sorry, this is about a young Swiss team who has a bright future versus a team that's breaking up.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.159.24

04-06-14 12:06AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

I don't know what's more annoying, Russ Howard saying WOW. Or, JJ sore knee , I'm pregnant commercial.

04-06-14 12:09AM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by guido
I don't know what's more annoying, Russ Howard saying WOW. Or, JJ sore knee , I'm pregnant commercial.

The answer is listening to Carter and a close second, Nolan :D

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.159.24

04-06-14 12:24AM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered

The answer is listening to Carter and a close second, Nolan :D

all of the above

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 66.222.236.95

04-06-14 12:30AM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

who is that imposter throwing last rock draws for Canada?

04-06-14 12:31AM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Bad news for Koe. He got rim-rocked by Norway and Sweden in the round-robin for his 2 losses and then

got nobbed by the same teams to go 0-2 in the page....

chance for redemption in the bronzer so he doesn't vomit up an 0-3 page pukefest....

Boys look like they've had enough curling with each other!

More excitement in a couple ends of a typical JJ game vs. entire page playoffs thus far.

Canada likely lost a strong chance at the gold in the 1-2 game, Norway was a little lucky ( and good ) to escape the 8th and 9th end and not lose on the spot. The quick turnaround to the semi-final in my opinion was a factor, and Koe made a couple of questionable aggressive calls without the hammer that basically gift wrapped two extra points minimum for the Swedes. Those two points would have kept them in the game til the last rock.

The team looked fine playing together, they do tend to have consistency issues in events but the character and talent to fight back at the end. Won't always work though.

04-06-14 12:51AM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

8 wins, 6 losses. Wow

04-06-14 12:56AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by guido
The world teams pump themselves up when they play Canada. Any skill at all, and they have one of there best games of the tourney, Canada is in trouble.
Watching the games that I have, Canada is missing by hairs. Curling good enough to win most, but not good enough to beat skips that are shooting lights out.
Some of the games I've watched, Canada has trouble getting an end built up. partly because Rycroft is having trouble. Partly cuz of mis-matched rocks which then gets you thinking too much.
We'll make the playoffs, and that's when this team will shine.

LOL. I guess I was wrong. Now I know how Manitoba idiot feels after he posts.

04-06-14 02:17AM
murphyj87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for murphyj87 Click here to Send murphyj87 a Private Message Visit murphyj87's homepage! Find more posts by murphyj87 Add murphyj87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
murphyj87
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
And he'll have to do it with a first time 3rd. I like Marc Kennedy but your stepping up into the bigs son!

First time in men's maybe, but Marc Kennedy played third for Alberta at the 1999 Canadian Junior.

Alberta (with Kennedy at third) lost in a tie breaker for third to some Ontario guy named John Morris, who won it all that year. I wonder what ever happened to that Morris guy?

Last edited by murphyj87 on 04-06-14 at 02:46AM

04-06-14 08:02AM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

Nice to see Ulsrud pull it out. That team's been so strong for so many years, they've worked hard and earned this one. Torger Nergard is likely retiring, so nice to see him go out like this. Congratulations to the pants!

04-06-14 08:08AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Its great to see Ulsrud finally get the gold medal. They have been one of the best teams in the world for the last 8 or so years so its nice to see them rewarded.

I have to say im stunned that Koe lost the bronze medal game. I never would have had them going 0-3 in the playoffs.

however I am also thrilled for Switzerland to have gotten the bronze medal. I am a huge fan of this young team and happy to see them walk away from this with something.

04-06-14 09:53AM
Unregistered

1. Its general knowledge that for 50 years after a huge run to win a brier .. Going to the worlds is a nightmare if you lose the worlds. As richard hart said. " its better to win them than spend the rest of your life explaining why you didnt ..." Its like a politician that is elected premier and hangs around too long and gets turfed ... Better to not have run than to get whipped ...
2. Edin moving to b.c. Was akin to morris parachuting in - nic wins the brier and ends up playing oscar in the worlds final. ... Was just speculation .. But more a slur against the professionalism and player trading that i find a bit offensive..

3.so far brad has been pretty classy and hasnt decimated a perfectly good team like the players on. Martin, howard, stoughton, and koe have... Makes me think someone on these teams is nutz. Course we dont know the inside stuff , im guessing there is lotz

4. I said in 2 years the canadian teams wont dominate the slams after. M,h,s,,and k. Retire. ..just a prediction

5. Was awesome to see Ulrud team in victory - a class act that has contributed hugely to the sport. .. Well doneeeee!!!
Even more emotional was Benoit going from totallly calm shooting the big shots , to tearful and ecstatic hugging his teamates in victory....a moment i wont forget..

And remember. .. I am posting my opinion which i am entitled too, and sometimes a thought to stir a reaction. 15,000 hits for the worlds indicates a lack of interest to me...

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

This appears to be written in parts so ill respond in parts

1. I don't know why you'd pass on the worlds. The whole point of winning the brier is to have to chance to represent your country at the worlds. why even go to the brier if you wont go to worlds?
have to say that the ice isn't always this bad either. blame the Chinese morons who gave hans water contaminated with oil to use of the sheets.

2. I don't even know what point your trying to make. why would edin move to BC? and yeah players are changing teams, so what.

3. what does brad gushue have to do with anything? he's brought in players from so many different provinces its not even funny so how does that make him the class act?

4. not sure how you came to this conclusion. Canadian teams still dominate the slams, its rare to see international teams on the mens side anyway make it past the QF. It would be a huge jump to make in a very short time period

5. agree with you on the final. should be a great one. one of the very best currently against someone who im sure will win a world championship..maybe more

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.61.129

04-06-14 10:37AM
CURLING NUTS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLING NUTS Click here to Send CURLING NUTS a Private Message Visit CURLING NUTS's homepage! Find more posts by CURLING NUTS Add CURLING NUTS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLING NUTS
Swing Artist

The kiss of death to Koe's squad when it was announced/leaked pre-tournament that they wouldn't be together next year. It showed in their game. No emotion, no sense of pride for their Brier win and moreover....very substandard shot making. It was all portrayed in the results for the week.

04-06-14 11:05AM
CURLING NUTS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLING NUTS Click here to Send CURLING NUTS a Private Message Visit CURLING NUTS's homepage! Find more posts by CURLING NUTS Add CURLING NUTS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLING NUTS
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
Koe team had pretty much the same run at the roar .. same as Martin , Howard , and Stoughton...

The best way to ruin curling for me is to play it on lousy and inconsistent ice with mismatched rocks .. I saw Koe draw the pot to win a brier - when he cant get halfway to the house on a dozen draws im pretty sure it isnt about him .. and to say they werent trying hard would be naive ... if i was playing they would need to turn off my mike ... i watched less than 15 ends this week .. just caught the good stuff

Not sure why some posters cant see Carter's contribution... probably the most competitive and entertaining player i watch ..

and Russ is awesome .. guess you cant please everybody

Meh! Norway and Sweden seem to adapt to the conditions quite well? In my view this was a dissolved team... lacking emotion with an inherent bad chemistry coming to the for front.

Last edited by CURLING NUTS on 04-06-14 at 04:13PM