CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
M: European Curling Championships C-Division
Dumfries, SCO
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: W1 -- Sun, Apr 28 -- 7:00pm GMT

Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2015 World Women's Curling Championship

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 9 of 25 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-17-15 01:19AM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

Canada with a good start up 2-0 already, how long will this game last?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-17-15 01:21AM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Loony

Funny, I haven't seen one complaint from you about Russ' commentary when he's drooling over the Homan team as he did all through the Briar. Your disdain for the Jennifer and her team is as tedious as Legend's idiot rantings.

It's funny how it's all in the eye of the beholder. If you're not a fan of Homan, he "drools" over Homan. If you're not a fan of Jones, he "drools" over Jones. In reality, he is merely complimentary of teams that play well. He also "drools" over Sweeting and "drools" over Muirhead.

03-17-15 03:37AM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

Routine win for Canada, expected, the US made a big change after their 1st win, and it hurt them.

03-17-15 04:06AM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Even though the Swiss out curled Finland by a decent margin, it was still very close in a 8-7 win to go atop the table at 6-1, Finland stand at 2-4, still in, but barely. China upset Scotland, who I thought out curled China 7-5, to go 4-3, Scotland are 3-3. Denmark get a big win over Germany 9-7, which they deserved as they curled better, are now 2-4 with Germany falling to 4-3. Officially eliminated teams so far are Norway and now the US just joined them with 6 losses, no more teams can reach 6 losses today.

03-17-15 04:12AM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Previewing the next draw, you would have to say that Scotland and Sweden will win most certainly vs. Finland and Norway respectively, Canada aren't as sure over Denmark, nor is Russia a positive bet over Japan.

03-17-15 08:02AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

there could be 5 teams on 3 losses after today. and if canada loses to denmark they will have their 2nd, only 1 game clear of that pack.would also keep denmark in it with 4

it is going to be an absolute dog fight to get to the playoffs.

i love it

03-17-15 08:03AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

vs. Denmark

This is typical of a Jennifer Jones of 2005-2010; very uncertain of icing and slightly off the mark w/ aim.

Just not a strong effort. Not making excuses but it certainly doesn't help Jones that the level of competition is very uneven in this thing. Just finished playing some fawns a few hours ago, now a decent team. Remember, Jones couldn't handle the distracted Danish blondes in a medal game some years back.

PS. What happened to Vic Rauter? He sounded like he was coming down with something during the USA game as Russ, at times was doing play-by-play and color by himself. Now, Al Cameron has been subbed in for Vic.

jen was 1-3 against jensen at world level competition. one of the more baffling h2h's out there. for some reason angelina just had her number most of the time

03-17-15 08:13AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

And Cameron ist as bad as Howard for fawning over JJl

03-17-15 08:16AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

The Danes know they are up against it. They need to polish off Jones who seems willing to cooperate, curling a putrid 55% into the 8th end. Jones pretty much can assure herself of a playoff spot by beating Denmark but Nielsen knows she's pretty much done if she lets Jen off the hook.

Only other thing - if Jones pulls this out she'll only have position to play for down the stretch. Lots of unexpected challenges have come home to roost!

with the sheer number of teams at 3 losses after today i wouldnt say 5 is out..then again i guess sweden or scotland could very likely run the table from here but with the way they have been playing its unlikely

03-17-15 08:17AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

ogasawara's draw weight is failing her. the japanese are slowly losing grip here..sad

its not for my prediction to be right but i would really like to see the japanese get into the playoffs. think it would be great not only for them, but also the tournament and curling in general

03-17-15 08:36AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

disastrous start to the 10th for denmark

03-17-15 08:50AM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by decade

He actually did a great job this morning, unsurprising given his journalist background.

03-17-15 08:50AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
I'm a bit concerned how un-assertive Kaitlyn Lawes is. Whenever Jones asks her a question she really hems 'n haws. I guess she's learned it always comes down to JJ's decision anyways!

thats the way she has been from the start. she usually just goes along with what jen wants and very rarely offers up an option

03-17-15 09:00AM
Cosss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cosss Click here to Send Cosss a Private Message Find more posts by Cosss Add Cosss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cosss
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by decade

I don't really see the "fawning" as some of you say. I think it just comes down to the eye of the beholder. I think the announcers do a good job of giving credit for nice shots and nice games no matter who it is, but if there was any favoritism showed, you would expect it to be for the team representing their country.

03-17-15 09:25AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Cosss

I don't really see the "fawning" as some of you say. I think it just comes down to the eye of the beholder. I think the announcers do a good job of giving credit for nice shots and nice games no matter who it is, but if there was any favoritism showed, you would expect it to be for the team representing their country.

I agree. Howard always compliments a team on a great toss no matter who it is.

03-17-15 01:20PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:

vs. Denmark

This is typical of a Jennifer Jones of 2005-2010; very uncertain of icing and slightly off the mark w/ aim.

Just not a strong effort. Not making excuses but it certainly doesn't help Jones that the level of competition is very uneven in this thing. Just finished playing some fawns a few hours ago, now a decent team. Remember, Jones couldn't handle the distracted Danish blondes in a medal game some years back.

PS. What happened to Vic Rauter? He sounded like he was coming down with something during the USA game as Russ, at times was doing play-by-play and color by himself. Now, Al Cameron has been subbed in for Vic.

More nonsense posts from you. The ice surface is trickier then normal arena ice so ALL teams struggle somewhat with line calls and icing. What you consider uncertainty is simply taking one's time to consider what one has seen and icing accordingly.

Jones is well on her way to the 1/2 game while you post negativity about their efforts on here on a daily basis. It is tiring, mindless garbage you are posting, but to be expected from someone with minimal curling knowledge, no meaningful direct experience on the ice, and a negative bias towards woman.

Last edited by Nine Ender on 03-17-15 at 02:16PM

03-17-15 01:30PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

thats the way she has been from the start. she usually just goes along with what jen wants and very rarely offers up an option

A great third knows to limit their input to when it matters and is appropriate. Lawes is a great third, and it's no coincidence that Jones herself has played better since she brought Lawes on board. At Scotties, Lawes was always one of the best percentage throwers at third in the RR even though they play an aggressive game. The only weakness she had was nerves in playoff games, but like any good young curler she's improved greatly on that since, to the point that I think it's not a concern at all anymore.

Complaining about Lawes while they sit joint first at the world event, after winning Olympic Gold, is an absurd activity. But that is what Legend will do, he watches every single game with an eye for something to complain about on here. Then he pretends he was on board all along if they win the gold, despite projecting a possible 5-6 record earlier in the week ( yes, he posted that ).

Last edited by Nine Ender on 03-17-15 at 02:17PM

03-17-15 07:55PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Previewing draw 12: Sweden will certainly beat Finland. Scotland-Russia will be tough, Scotland's play has been patchy, should not have lost to China, I think Russia might take this as their play has been more consistent, big game for both teams, especially Scotland, because if they lose will be in serious danger of not making the playoffs. Denmark-Japan is a tight call too, I'm leaning towards the Danes as they have improved. Canada will no doubt defeat Norway.

03-17-15 08:47PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Nine Ender

A great third knows to limit their input to when it matters and is appropriate. Lawes is a great third, and it's no coincidence that Jones herself has played better since she brought Lawes on board. At Scotties, Lawes was always one of the best percentage throwers at third in the RR even though they play an aggressive game. The only weakness she had was nerves in playoff games, but like any good young curler she's improved greatly on that since, to the point that I think it's not a concern at all anymore.

Complaining about Lawes while they sit joint first at the world event, after winning Olympic Gold, is an absurd activity. But that is what Legend will do, he watches every single game with an eye for something to complain about on here. Then he pretends he was on board all along if they win the gold, despite projecting a possible 5-6 record earlier in the week ( yes, he posted that ).

i cant disagree with you there. i just wish kaitlyn would be more open to giving an actual option when jen asks for one. i dont think i have seen kaitlyn actually ever suggest a shot even when jen asks for an idea.

03-17-15 08:50PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

we have a possible 8 ender building for sweden against finland people.

with 2 rocks to come sweden sits first, second, third, 5th, 6th and seventh

03-17-15 08:51PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

finland has an out but if she misses it its a hit for what i believe is 8

03-17-15 08:53PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

finland makes the draw. sweden might be able to blast but im not sure

03-17-15 08:55PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

and maria makes the blast for 6

03-17-15 09:04PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Eve will be extremely vulnerable to missing playoffs if she can't handle the Russian Bears tonite.

I think Switzerland and Canada are almost home and cooling for 1 + 2, Sweden should win out (other than a possible all or nothing contest with Eve) and Russia could easily be 9-2 or 8-3 (which could possibly challenge Jones for 2nd if something untoward happens)

So its basically Canada, Switzerland, Sweden, Russia & Scotland going for 4 spots - unless China or Japan go crazy!

japan doesnt have any big names left so they should factor in if they pick up their game to where it was through the first 3 games

well..except for canada of course. but 7-4 seems doable for them

03-17-15 09:06PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Ali Paetz looks to be the consensus front-runner at this point. Obviously, undefeated and going fairly well at this point - also looks to have the most consistent team performances with few warts on the dance card!

..switzerland is not undefeated

might we see a second conecutive canada v.s switzerland final and might we see the 3rd swiss team winning gold in 4 years?