M: World Senior Curling Championships
Ostersund, SWE
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sat, Apr 27 -- 4:30am ET
CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2015 World Women's Curling Championship

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 7 of 25 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-16-15 12:23AM
jzwanzig is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jzwanzig Click here to Send jzwanzig a Private Message Find more posts by jzwanzig Add jzwanzig to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jzwanzig
Harvey Hacksmasher

Sweeping own rock

I was surprised to see Chinese team members sweeping their own stones (along with the two regular sweepers), thought it was against the rules to sweep your own shot?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-16-15 03:07AM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

Norway were up early, but since then have collapsed, it seems they just can't play, oh well, it was expected Japan would take this.

03-16-15 03:38AM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

Pretty amazing this game is going the distance, Japan should have won this by now, but they will.

03-16-15 03:41AM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Russia has served notice with a big win and beating over Sweden 9-3, I thought with the new ice that Russia would struggle and Sweden would take it after their win over Canada, but it was not so. Sweden really have to watch themselves now and Canada has to watch out for a hot Russia (in more ways than one). The Swiss bounce back after an unlucky loss vs. the Danes with a win over China.

Last edited by Stoner on 03-16-15 at 04:03AM

03-16-15 03:58AM
Stoner
Drawmaster

The US found their game and almost knocked off Germany, but are now even less likely to be a playoff team mathematically, but we have seen 5 losses still be enough. Norway curled so badly, yet even though Japan were at least better, if not a lot better, they almost managed to lose, but did not.

03-16-15 05:44AM
murphyj87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for murphyj87 Click here to Send murphyj87 a Private Message Visit murphyj87's homepage! Find more posts by murphyj87 Add murphyj87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
murphyj87
Swing Artist

Re: Sweeping own rock

quote:
Originally posted by jzwanzig
I was surprised to see Chinese team members sweeping their own stones (along with the two regular sweepers), thought it was against the rules to sweep your own shot?

It is not illegal in any way to sweep your own stone. It is just not technically advisable since jumping up like that may truncate the follow through,and,by extension, interfere with the delivery even before release.

I challenge you to find anywhere in the rule book where it is illegal to sweep your own stone.

Last edited by murphyj87 on 03-16-15 at 05:46AM

03-16-15 06:27AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Loony

Funny, I haven't seen one complaint from you about Russ' commentary when he's drooling over the Homan team as he did all through the Briar. Your disdain for the Jennifer and her team is as tedious as Legend's idiot rantings.

not true. i have mentioned my problem with russ before and no it wasnt during a jones game

03-16-15 06:28AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Stoner
The US found their game and almost knocked off Germany, but are now even less likely to be a playoff team mathematically, but we have seen 5 losses still be enough. Norway curled so badly, yet even though Japan were at least better, if not a lot better, they almost managed to lose, but did not.

id say they have been the first team to be eliminated. i dont see them winning their final 6 games , not with canada, sweden and japan to come

03-16-15 06:41AM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

id say they have been the first team to be eliminated. i dont see them winning their final 6 games , not with canada, sweden and japan to come

I know they likely won't run the table, all I'm saying is they are mathematically still in with 5 losses.

Didn't you say you'd not be up for Canada-Russia.

03-16-15 06:54AM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Oh bullocks Jen, gotta make the shots.

03-16-15 06:59AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

So you'd rather have Moose Turnbull - who kinda worships at Goddess Jones shrine worse than me?

i love ray but the one team i couldnt listen to him br8adcast on was jen jones.

03-16-15 07:02AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Stoner

I know they likely won't run the table, all I'm saying is they are mathematically still in with 5 losses.

Didn't you say you'd not be up for Canada-Russia.

i did but i havent been sleeping well lately and when 5 rolled around and i realized i had been laying here awake for 2 hours i figured id watch the game

03-16-15 07:10AM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Yes, a big 2.

03-16-15 07:17AM
Stoner
Drawmaster

I kinda feel for Norway, they just can't curl at this level, their lead is about 75%, but the rest of the team is around 50%, it was the same vs. Japan earlier too.

03-16-15 07:22AM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Wow, what a miss from Russia and Canada steals.

03-16-15 07:22AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

wow, what a gift from sidorova

03-16-15 08:21AM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Looks like only a matter of time for Canada to claim victory, once again Russia folds to us.

03-16-15 08:53AM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Did Norway make it close with Eve's poor play. Denmark dodged 1 bullet earlier, but could not do it again. Looks like Japan is about to join the leaders.

03-16-15 08:58AM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

Overall a good start of the Worlds for Canada with their "toughest" opponents behind them, they stand 4-1!

The surprise has to be JPN at 4-1 beating both SCO & SWE, with their schedule I can definitely see them finish at 7-4.

03-16-15 09:12AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

japan doing really well so far. as you say, can see them finishing 7-4 at least. japanese skip really struggled against switzerland . missed a chance for 4 in the first end, then gave a steal of 2 on an attempt to get 2 later on and was heavy on a draw for 2 after that. they could be and maybe should be 5-0 right now.

other pleasant surprise has to be germany. doing pretty well so far. with their schedule left playoffs are of the picture most likely but a 6-5 record is certainly possible. and who knows..catch one of the leaders on an off day and could sneak out 7-4

Last edited by misty1 on 03-16-15 at 09:18AM

03-16-15 09:13AM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

surprise so far has to be home team ,Japan

their firing on all 8 cylinders for sure, as for Canada Vs Russia well it had its moments of drama a flash here to blank end to missing a double there.... J.J played a text book game only it was closer than it appeared

03-16-15 09:17AM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

If there is a disappointment team so far , it

is likely to be Norway team and ofcourse sharing a losing record with the United States at 0 and 5 , you almost have to eliminate these two from further post play at the world's

03-16-15 09:19AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: If there is a disappointment team so far , it

quote:
Originally posted by sternwheeler
is likely to be Norway team and ofcourse sharing a losing record with the United States at 0 and 5 , you almost have to eliminate these two from further post play at the world's

think the US is a bigger disappointment. This is basically an all star team assembled from various different states

03-16-15 09:28AM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

Re: Re: If there is a disappointment team so far , it

quote:

think the US is a bigger disappointment. This is basically an all star team assembled from various different states

your so right Misty1 , my guess they could of brought in a entire squadron of curlers and juggled the line up as the games were in progress , IS THAT ALLOWED at the world's bring in 'subs'

03-16-15 09:35AM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

Re: Re: If there is a disappointment team so far , it

quote:

Didn't Sormenen's team fail to win the US nationals? I think Erika Brown won the nationals, but because of the US' bizarre selection process for world events, Sormenen still got the nod as the 'chosen' team?