SUI (Rueetschi-Schlegel) Final
SCO (Kennedy) (7)
M: Mexican Mixed Doubles Championship
Vancouver, CAN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Apr 27 -- 9:00am PT
Quin/Abre 7th
Pere/Cohe  Watch Live Curling!
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2015 World Women's Curling Championship

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 24 of 25 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-22-15 01:11PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

i dont see any changes to the jones rink. she herself was not her usual self here but she was strong at the scotties, as good as we had ever seen her.

i could see she was upset in the interview, you can tell how badly she wants another world gold.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-22-15 01:22PM
greenroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greenroad Click here to Send greenroad a Private Message Find more posts by greenroad Add greenroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greenroad
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
i dont see any changes to the jones rink. she herself was not her usual self here but she was strong at the scotties, as good as we had ever seen her.

i could see she was upset in the interview, you can tell how badly she wants another world gold.

Canadians are so accustomed to winning curling gold that a silver is looked on as a loss. And now the inevitable, "Is Jenn past it? Is it time for her to give up curling and take up lawn bowls?" Well, she was the class act at the Scotties and a top rate curler here but she ran into a group of super-hot Swiss misses.
No other Canadian team would have done as well as she did this week.

03-22-15 01:33PM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

I'm with ya, greenroad. Best/worst comment along these lines that I've read today suggested that Lawes, Officer and McEwen should dump Jones and replace her with Cathy O. After all, it worked for Thiessen, Rycroft and Simmons when they bumped Koe, who was obviously the weak link on that team.

03-22-15 01:54PM
Sasquatch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sasquatch Click here to Send Sasquatch a Private Message Find more posts by Sasquatch Add Sasquatch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sasquatch
Hitting Paint

I think there will be changes to Team Jones within the next couple years, but it will be because of pregnancies. I can see at least one player on the team if not more having a baby before the next olympics. It will be interesting if it does happen and who they bring in.

03-22-15 02:23PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Decisive? What was the point differential in all three games? Each game could have gone either way.

03-22-15 02:31PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
Decisive? What was the point differential in all three games? Each game could have gone either way.

At Brier, Scotties, Worlds, etc the talk is always how difficult it is for teams in the finals to beat another team twice in a row. Swiss did it 3 in a row. Sure, each game could have gone either way but fact is it did not. Ergo decisive.

03-22-15 03:40PM
ngm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ngm Click here to Send ngm a Private Message Find more posts by ngm Add ngm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ngm
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by greenroad

Canadians are so accustomed to winning curling gold that a silver is looked on as a loss. And now the inevitable, "Is Jenn past it? Is it time for her to give up curling and take up lawn bowls?" Well, she was the class act at the Scotties and a top rate curler here but she ran into a group of super-hot Swiss misses.

A reasonable, level-headed comment, followed by...

quote:

No other Canadian team would have done as well as she did this week.

...CurlingZone hyperbole Hall of Fame material.

You really don't think any of the Scotties playoff teams could have made the final?

03-22-15 03:47PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Wonder if the watches Team Switzerland received were made in Japan?

Found the answer -they were EDOX- swiss made.

Last edited by decade on 03-22-15 at 03:55PM

03-22-15 03:57PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

the swiss women have been brilliant at worlds these last 4 years, with the exception of 2013. have to wonder if the men will start getting similar results or at the very least if they will get a gold.

Decruz is their best shot at gold no doubt followed by Michel. No one really expects much of Pfister..now watch come and make the final

03-22-15 04:15PM
greenroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greenroad Click here to Send greenroad a Private Message Find more posts by greenroad Add greenroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greenroad
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by ngm
You really don't think any of the Scotties playoff teams could have made the final?

I didn't say that. I said they would not have done as well. They may not have had as good a RR. They may have been in 3-4. Canada sent its top team to the World's and they played that way. I don't think any of the other teams I saw at the Scotties would have performed as well.

03-22-15 04:18PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

I didn't say that. I said they would not have done as well. They may not have had as good a RR. They may have been in 3-4. Canada sent its top team to the World's and they played that way. I don't think any of the other teams I saw at the Scotties would have performed as well.

homan might have and sweeting...well you never know but she could have.

lawton would have been a 7-4 or 8-3 but more than likely 7-4

03-22-15 04:30PM
Radio-Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radio-Man Click here to Send Radio-Man a Private Message Find more posts by Radio-Man Add Radio-Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

Homan and Sweeting could have won it.

Jones had the best week at the Scotties so she automatically would have been better then them this week? Don't buy it. Jones wasn't at her best this week unfortunately, like Homan (well her team, Rachel was great for the most part) wasn't at the Scotties. Sucks for Canada, this shi! happens.

"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent...who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."

Last edited by Radio-Man on 03-22-15 at 04:36PM

03-22-15 04:55PM
Radio-Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radio-Man Click here to Send Radio-Man a Private Message Find more posts by Radio-Man Add Radio-Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Never know with Homan. Her accuracy and hitting precision are second to none. But her touch game, while vastly improved wouldn't stand up to Alina Patz.

I don't know if Patz could have vanquished Rachel 3 straight.

Sweeting is kind of a hybrid between Homan and Jones. Not quite as precise as Homan, but a slightly better ice-reader and chapper than Great Jennifer.

Jones was hanging on for dear life in the STOH final vs. Sweeting but Val couldnt' quite close the deal. Sweeting was devastated after the final cuz she knew she had Jones nearly buried.

Once Sweden and Scotland soiled themselves there were only two other world class teams in Japan, besides Jones. Paetz who eventually swarmed Canada and Russia who played well in their playoff run (beating Scotland twice) except vs. Jones.

Sweeting or Homan would have gone anywhere from 8-3 to 10-1 in the round-robin and been smart money for the final.

Yeah, I'd take Homan or Sweeting in the final over Paetz, without hesitation. These Swiss girls are a really solid team who play within themselves and don't seem to get rattled. I just don't see them as a team that would strike fear into the opposition like a Homan, Muirhead or Jones do when firing on all cylinders. I just see an extra gear with those teams, but perhaps I'm underestimating the Swiss.

"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent...who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."

Last edited by Radio-Man on 03-22-15 at 05:14PM

03-22-15 05:19PM
greenroad
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Radio-Man
I just see an extra gear with those teams, but perhaps I'm underestimating the Swiss.

They beat Jones three out of three. Few would have predicted that - from any team.

03-22-15 05:33PM
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

quote:

They beat Jones three out of three. Few would have predicted that - from any team.

Well done SUISSE. Bright future.

03-22-15 05:41PM
greenroad
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
lol ... i was just thinking that if you guys were born women and could curl a lot better and had won the Scot - you would have beat Patz if she had missed her last shot...

Yes, it's a game of nanometers. If the last rock had been just a smidgen off we would now all be celebrating Jenn's "great victory" and how she clearly deserved it on the basis of the week's play.

The margin between the thrill of victory and agony of defeat is exceedingly narrow.

When you get beyond the "if the dog hadn't stopped to take a crap..." debate it all boils down to this:

On any given day any good team can beat any other one.

03-22-15 06:36PM
Second is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Second Click here to Send Second a Private Message Find more posts by Second Add Second to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Second
Harvey Hacksmasher

You really don't think any of the Scotties playoff teams could have made the final? [/B][/QUOTE]

I love that people can't recognize that to reach the Worlds, a Canadian team has to peak at the Scotties, or Brier, as the toughest competition any Canadian team faces is winning their National Championship. With the Olympics the team has some downtime between winning and the next event, this doesn't apply to the Worlds.

03-22-15 08:35PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

I love that people can't recognize that to reach the Worlds, a Canadian team has to peak at the Scotties, or Brier, as the toughest competition any Canadian team faces is winning their National Championship. With the Olympics the team has some downtime between winning and the next event, this doesn't apply to the Worlds.

Agree with your idea of performance-peaking. Jones, Sweeting and Homan would have made the world playoffs. Stef Lawton would have made a frantic attempt at tie-breaker or 4th spot outright.

In the rest of the world the only teams capable of making an Olympic or World FINAL 4 are:

Feltscher
Tirinzoni
Muirhead
Sidorova
Sigfriddson
CC Ostlund

Rocque won't be ready for a couple years. But when she's ready then Paetz should beware. [/B][/QUOTE]'

i would add ji sun kim to that last. 4th in her last 2 worlds appearances. really should have had bronze last year

its a shame what happened with them and their coach because they were getting really good very fast. i thought i saw them on tour early in the season but they kind of disappeared later on

03-22-15 09:33PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Jones is definitely not elite when it comes to calling ice, line and weight. And it really came home to roost on this end.

Very painful to watch. The strange thing is I don't think Jones will learn a thing from it!

You're an ignorant man posting this garbage on this forum.

Last edited by Nine Ender on 03-22-15 at 10:39PM

03-22-15 09:44PM
greenroad
Drawmaster

quote:
I really don't like where world women's curling is going.

Hasn't it always been thus? After Canada, US, Sweden, Suisse, Scotland, curlers are little more than a handful of people in each country. Maybe nothing more than getting a few players and training them to represent the country.

Maybe the reality is that the sport is not growing in most countries.

03-22-15 09:55PM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Nine Ender

If there are others on this site who think Legend should be banned, please post this and maybe the site owners will finally clue in at some point.

I'd rather you give it a rest, to be honest. The people who don't want to hear his comments put him on ignore. I suggest you do the same.

03-22-15 10:03PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by peteski

I'd rather you give it a rest, to be honest. The people who don't want to hear his comments put him on ignore. I suggest you do the same.

I'm actually disappointed in you. On one hand, I saw you broadcasting the TCA finals this year at the Cricket, an event by the way that I was playing in at the time. So in theory you care about the game. But your contributions on here seem shallow at times and you give this Legend guy a free pass as he insults top woman curlers.

But do put me on ignore if you don't like this message.

Last edited by Nine Ender on 03-22-15 at 10:38PM

03-22-15 10:49PM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

quote:

I don't care what you think Peter. I'm actually disappointed in you. On one hand, I saw you broadcasting the TCA finals this year at the Cricket, an event by the way that I was playing in at the time. So in theory you care about the game. But your contributions on here seem shallow at times and you give this Legend guy a free pass as he insults top woman curlers.

But do put me on ignore if you don't like this message.

I'm not whoever you think I am (probably Pete Steski).

Regardless, I find you to be much more of a jerk than ML. But hey, just one man's opinion.

03-23-15 01:39AM
Loony is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Loony Click here to Send Loony a Private Message Find more posts by Loony Add Loony to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Loony
Swing Artist

quote:

Yes he is, but he's been doing it for quite some time and I guess the moderators think it's just fine since he's allowed to do it despite many many many complaints and all sorts of good posters leaving the forum because of him.

Put him on ignore and then you only see a comment when someone unfortunately quotes him. You'll get pages though where half or more of the comments are hidden!

03-23-15 03:41AM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

quote:

Whine, whine, whine.

STFU already.