Neumann 3rd
McLaughlin  Watch Live Curling!
M: Mexican Mixed Doubles Championship
Vancouver, CAN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 2 -- Fri, Apr 26 -- 6:00pm PT
Serr/Tomp Final
Quin/Abre (7) Watch Live Curling!
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2015 World Women's Curling Championship

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 22 of 25 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-21-15 08:51PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

double for 2 or 3 for russia. i cant tell if 1 yellow is biting

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-21-15 09:07PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

scotland just cant get going

03-21-15 09:14PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Keep in mind , all their equipment and staff are at the venue. Probably watching and talking about the game.

03-21-15 09:22PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
I openly wonder if this is the end of Eve and Anna Sloan. Eve couldn't in her wildest dreams figured this type of losing scenario would play out.

Wonder if there's any players any better than Sloan and Miss Vicki?

Eve must be fed up!

vicki is not the problem. she was the number one second all week and usually the most reliable member of the team. vicki is one of the best seconds in the world right now behind only jill id say.

if eve does decide to make changes i would be most surprised at her dumping vicki. i think sarah reid isnt a very reliable lead and anna ..she can be very good but most of the time she is okay.

the problem for eve is that there arent a lot of great options for thirds for her in scotland.

Last edited by misty1 on 03-21-15 at 09:30PM

03-21-15 09:25PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

well i know that we wanted to see this game on tv but now im thinking its better off that its not

03-21-15 09:29PM
Jimbobogie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbobogie Click here to Send Jimbobogie a Private Message Find more posts by Jimbobogie Add Jimbobogie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jimbobogie
Drawmaster

Talk about March Madness...oops, that's why we're not seeing this game.
Now somebody explain why the final game is still 5 hours away!

As for the "End of Eve"? I think those rumours may be exaggerated-it could be that bronze doesn't mean that much. I hope that's the case because the curling world still needs a good Scottish presence.

Last edited by Jimbobogie on 03-21-15 at 09:31PM

03-21-15 09:33PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbobogie
Talk about March Madness...oops, that's why we're not seeing this game.
Now somebody explain why the final game is still 5 hours away!

As for the "End of Eve"? I think those rumours may be exaggerated-it could be that bronze doesn't mean that much. I hope that's the case because the curling world still needs a good Scottish presence.

its not the end of eve but more so speculation on if she will stick with anna after this season.

03-21-15 09:33PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

It's not Anna hurting the team tonight . It's Eve and her questionable strategy and her throws. Corner guards are not working so why not try a cente for a change. But at 10 1, nothing matters now. Congrats to Russia.

03-21-15 09:45PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Did you look at eves percentage in this game?

03-21-15 09:48PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

i wonder if eve might ever consider flip flopping and having anna throw second and vicki throw third. vicki is a lofe time front ender so i dont know how she would do but to me she is more reliable to make a big shot than anna

03-21-15 09:51PM
Jimbobogie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbobogie Click here to Send Jimbobogie a Private Message Find more posts by Jimbobogie Add Jimbobogie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jimbobogie
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
Did you look at eves percentage in this game?

According to the WCF "Netcast", both teams are shooting well. The turning point was Anna's double for 5 in the first (the website shows her at 87% and Eve at 76%). Eve has been forced to play "scramble" ever since. That kind of strategy is risky, but 5 points is a lot-even if you have 9 ends.

It's now 13-3 after 7 AND THEY'RE STILL PLAYING! Give the ladies (and the fans) a break. Let the girls head for the bar-I think Anna's crew will be buying a few rounds of vodka for the Lassies.

Last edited by Jimbobogie on 03-21-15 at 10:00PM

03-21-15 10:03PM
Western Newbie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Western Newbie Click here to Send Western Newbie a Private Message Find more posts by Western Newbie Add Western Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Western Newbie
Hitting Paint

Did I see the score correctly??????

13 to 3????

Eve is not anywhere near the Eve we all know and love.

Wow?????

03-21-15 10:09PM
Jimbobogie
Drawmaster

They finally let them shake hands after 8.
Russia 13, Scotland 4

03-21-15 10:18PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Russia conducting a public execution of one of curling's most beloved characters, Eve Muirhead - 13-3 Russian after 7, they must play 8 according to rules.

I wonder why Sidorova couldn't rock out this way vs. Jones. Everyone could see Jones was a total frantic ball of nerves and quite stressed out.

Sidorova curled in her own little world. I believe Paetz will try to capitalize on the tremendous pressure JJ is under.

Yes, Jones made a couple nice doubles but Canada's win over Russian rested on Anna missing open draws, being unable to roll to the correct side and just being totally imprecise. Jones team curled really well at basic shots but Anna didn't force them to higher degree of difficulty shots.

i kind of think anna gets nervous playing canada in major competitions. no idea why because she has proven she can beat them all

03-21-15 10:24PM
5thstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 5thstone Find more posts by 5thstone Add 5thstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
5thstone
Hitting Paint

What in the world? Did Eve's team didn't show up. Even Superwomen can become 'human'. Maybe Muirhead should consider moving to Canada and find a solid cast to skip. No, moving to the US isn't an option (other then maybe warmer winters for her )

03-21-15 11:11PM
Jimbobogie
Drawmaster

I think we may be reading too much into the result of this game. If you go to the WCF website (since TSN had too much basketball to free up one of their sites-what would have happened if Jen was in the Bronze game?) and their You Tube site was blocked (since TSN had too much basketball to free up one of their sites-what would they have happened if Jen was in the Bronze game? I think I heard that somewhere before) you can see a graphic end-by-end depiction of the game. Anna made a great double takeout in the first end to score 5 and Eve was forced to go into "Scramble" mode. At this level of play, "Scramble" mode often has bad results and this night (morning over there) the results were disastrous. I doubt very much if you will ever see a similar result between these rinks-and I'm certain that they will meet many times in the future.

03-21-15 11:18PM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Time to reassess

Scotland were right out of it for most of these worlds.
Eve looks like stick lady she is so thin.
I am always quite disappointed in her Third,Sloan who does pull off a few good ones but basically is not helping Eve

Scotland need to either reassess the present Coach or whoever has plotted out a failing Strategy..or there needs to be a search on for a better Third...
This young Team cannot continue in their losing ways.. especially when the curlers are professionals.

03-22-15 12:03AM
BurnedStone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BurnedStone Click here to Send BurnedStone a Private Message Find more posts by BurnedStone Add BurnedStone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BurnedStone
Harvey Hacksmasher

Princess Eve no longer the princess, finishing the event with an embarrassing 4th place finish. Congrats to Sidorova for winning the bronze and now for Jones to finish Patz off

03-22-15 12:10AM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

Loved the intro to the Bronze game telecast on the WCF network -- "welcome to Sapporo where everyone has been flocking to the arena.." What did they do when they got to the arena? Looked the building was virtually empty all week long.

03-22-15 01:57AM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by dbsdbs
Loved the intro to the Bronze game telecast on the WCF network -- "welcome to Sapporo where everyone has been flocking to the arena.." What did they do when they got to the arena? Looked the building was virtually empty all week long.

The crowd sounded pretty decent whenever Japan played

03-22-15 02:05AM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

Re: Time to reassess

quote:
Originally posted by HotRocks
Scotland were right out of it for most of these worlds.
Eve looks like stick lady she is so thin.
I am always quite disappointed in her Third,Sloan who does pull off a few good ones but basically is not helping Eve

Scotland need to either reassess the present Coach or whoever has plotted out a failing Strategy..or there needs to be a search on for a better Third...
This young Team cannot continue in their losing ways.. especially when the curlers are professionals.

People should maybe not overreact to this result. The majority of this team won the world championship just two years ago. Plus, they won a slam this year, beating all three of Canada's big three in the playoffs. There's plenty of talent here.

I do wonder a bit about Sarah Reid. I think she's got talent, but I believe she's been a back ender most of her career. She had a couple key misses in the semi, coming in when she needed a guard. It takes a certain kind of person to be a great lead. Perhaps they miss Claire Hamilton more than I would have thought.

Either way, this is still a top ten team in the world.

03-22-15 03:55AM
ellejay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ellejay Click here to Send ellejay a Private Message Find more posts by ellejay Add ellejay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ellejay
Harvey Hacksmasher

Well, well, the Swiss are certainly proving their #1 in the round robin wasn't a fluke.

03-22-15 04:50AM
peteski
Drawmaster

Wow! What a last end! Unreal coming out party for this Swiss team. Paetz is as cool as they come.

Also, I'm loving her glasses, lol.

03-22-15 05:08AM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by ellejay
Well, well, the Swiss are certainly proving their #1 in the round robin wasn't a fluke.

And Canada showed some great determination and character to almost steal it from them in the end. Silver will have to do. Swiss played very well, but also got fortunate that a couple of misses worked out ( e.g. the steal of two was extremely fortunate where the last Swiss rock ended up, and that gave them the huge lead ). I think Canada played it well strategically except perhaps the steal two end when they were in my opinion a little slow to address the shot rock area.

Great tenth end from Canada to be in a potentially winning position, but credit to the Swiss skip for throwing a great rock and the Curling Gods made that slight rub work for them.

Last edited by Nine Ender on 03-22-15 at 05:56AM

03-22-15 05:09AM
murphyj87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for murphyj87 Click here to Send murphyj87 a Private Message Visit murphyj87's homepage! Find more posts by murphyj87 Add murphyj87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
murphyj87
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by peteski
Wow! What a last end! Unreal coming out party for this Swiss team. Paetz is as cool as they come.

Also, I'm loving her glasses, lol.

Notice who the team leaders (High Performance coaches) are:

Gold - Switzerland - Al Moore (Linda Moore's husband), a Canadian

Silver - Canada - Elaine Dagg Jackson - a Canadian

Bronze - Russia - Roger Schmidt - a Canadian