M: World Senior Curling Championships
Ostersund, SWE
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sat, Apr 27 -- 4:30am ET
CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2015 World Women's Curling Championship

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 21 of 25 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-21-15 11:19AM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

okay fine M.L. lets have Team Canada's

sports psychologist work on that shall we ,we know nothing is 'written in stone" except THE FACT after 10 ends of play possibly a extra 'A WINNER IS DECIDED" ( or somebody decides to pack it in early) until then , J.J. was quoted on saying in her last game against Russia, "THAT THE FINAL GAME WILL COME DOWN TO EXECUTION"

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-21-15 11:33AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Nine Ender

It's your crappy attitude and passive aggressive behavior that pisses people off. You openly dismiss others opinions, yet expect others to cherish yours. You criticize Jones not because of her curling, but because you dislike her for god knows what reason.

Oh poor, poor Misty1 feels hard done by, despite posting nasty retorts on here and deeply criticizing Team Canada for the most ridiculous reasons.

Go Team Canada, and boo Misty1. One is easy to cheer for, another easy to dislike. It's a free world and free chat board, so I can express this opinion whether you like it or not.

You and Manitoba Legend need to remember this is not your personal blog, and unpopular opinions will likely be challenged whether you like it or not. Can you behave better and get along ? Remains to be seen.

im not the one who expects others to cherish my opinions you are. you come on here and act like you are the only one who knows anything about this sport.

i have never once spoken badly about jones on a personal level.nor have i deeply criticized canada. if saying they are not playing at their best or usual level is deep criticism than i am far from the only one on here who has done that.

and your right it is a free chat board so me, legend and anyone else you might have a problem with can feel free to post on here as often as we want about what we want and you need to remember that. it works both ways

03-21-15 11:38AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Nine Ender

Even worse is the way Misty1 and Manitoba Legend embellish their views by openly attacking the skills and personal attributes of curlers they don't like. For example, trying to characterize any win by Jones in the playoffs as a no doubt "ugly win" when there is zero evidence this is likely.

A more respectful approach from both of them to the curlers themselves would go a long way towards avoiding arguments on this forum.

commenting on a way a match is played is not an attack on a team in any way. not every match is a thing of beauty. and we dont just look at stats we actually watch the games.

we dont just have to kiss athletes asses and always just say that the game was a good one or that the curlers are curling well when they are not

the play offs have actually been a high level and i have said that previously in this thread. commemting that both switzerland and canada left points on the board in the 1 v.s 2 game is just plain truth.

03-21-15 12:07PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

I cheer for jones the same way I cheer for the canadiens. I hope whoever is playing them, wins. Bash away.
I also cheer for Italy, well, when they are there. Is it bad to cheer for your heritage??
One thing I might add. I respect all the Canadian curlers for what they have done for the game. They curl for the love of the game, not money, or fame. You don't see any holding out for a better, overpaid contract like pro sports. It is too bad that kids look up to hockey, baseball, football, basketball players. They should be looking at curlers as their sports heroes. I know my daughter does.

Last edited by guido on 03-21-15 at 12:31PM

03-21-15 12:36PM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by guido
I cheer for jones the same way I cheer for the canadiens. I hope whoever is playing them, wins. Bash away.
I also cheer for Italy, well, when they are there. Is it bad to cheer for your heritage??
One thing I might add. I respect all the Canadian curlers for what they have done for the game. They curl for the love of the game, not money, or fame. You don't see any holding out for a better, overpaid contract like pro sports. It is too bad that kids look up to hockey, baseball, football, basketball players. They should be looking at curlers as their sports heroes.

That's your prerogative. You seem proud to tell us that you cheer for every team to beat Canada when Jones is the skip. It's your life.

I'm not a Brad Jacobs fan at the Brier. But the minute he puts on the Maple Leaf I cheer for him. I guess I'm just proud of where I live and I want my country to do well. That will always trump who is representing us.

03-21-15 01:00PM
Tap Back is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tap Back Click here to Send Tap Back a Private Message Find more posts by Tap Back Add Tap Back to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tap Back
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by rick8end

That's your prerogative. You seem proud to tell us that you cheer for every team to beat Canada when Jones is the skip. It's your life.

I'm not a Brad Jacobs fan at the Brier. But the minute he puts on the Maple Leaf I cheer for him. I guess I'm just proud of where I live and I want my country to do well. That will always trump who is representing us.

I am 100% with you on this one. The Maple Leaf trumps all else!!

GO CANADA GO!!!!!!!!!!!

03-21-15 01:39PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by rick8end

Thanks for allowing me a choice.

03-21-15 02:01PM
Jimbobogie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbobogie Click here to Send Jimbobogie a Private Message Find more posts by Jimbobogie Add Jimbobogie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jimbobogie
Drawmaster

During the week, the folks in Japan have managed to schedule the games so as to avoid more than a couple of "Overnighters" in North America. Now we have the Bronze Medal scheduled for 9:00 AM over there (8:00 PM in the east) and the Final scheduled for 3:00 PM over there (2:00 Sunday morning here).

GIVE ME AN EFFING BREAK! Hands up all those who are going to "Warm Up the Coffee" and will still probably "drift off" before the medals are presented? Was there really a need for a six hour break between games? Is there a whole new crowd of fans waiting outside the arena with different tickets? If so, then maybe we should have a couple of Grand Slam events in Sapporo.

I understand and appreciate the WCF's mandate to bring the game to the world-just don't forget where the money comes from. With 24 time zones, it's not impossible to come up with a schedule that doesn't leave your largest audience "in the dark".

Frankly I'm shocked that they didn't schedule the final for Sunday in Japan if you know what I mean.

I hope they enjoy their closing banquet scheduled for 7:30 Saturday night-stay away from the blowfish.

03-21-15 02:04PM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbobogie
During the week, the folks in Japan have managed to schedule the games so as to avoid more than a couple of "Overnighters" in North America. Now we have the Bronze Medal scheduled for 9:00 AM over there (8:00 PM in the east) and the Final scheduled for 3:00 PM over there (2:00 Sunday morning here).

GIVE ME AN EFFING BREAK! Hands up all those who are going to "Warm Up the Coffee" and will still probably "drift off" before the medals are presented? Was there really a need for a six hour break between games? Is there a whole new crowd of fans waiting outside the arena with different tickets? If so, then maybe we should have a couple of Grand Slam events in Sapporo.

I understand and appreciate the WCF's mandate to bring the game to the world-just don't forget where the money comes from. With 24 time zones, it's not impossible to come up with a schedule that doesn't leave your largest audience "in the dark".

Frankly I'm shocked that they didn't schedule the final for Sunday in Japan if you know what I mean.

I hope they enjoy their closing banquet scheduled for 7:30 Saturday night-stay away from the blowfish.

I completely agree. 90% of the viewing audience will be from Canada and they have made it impossible for almost all of them to watch. i'm on the west coast so I'll tough it out from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m. But excluding 90% of the viewing audience from seeing it live is ridiculous. I also am exceptionally annoyed that they are not re-broadcasting the game the next day on one of their five networks. British soccer and NCAA basketball are given priority over an event they've shown all week. Totally shoddy stuff from the curling bigwigs and TSN, who I almost always complement.

Last edited by rick8end on 03-21-15 at 02:09PM

03-21-15 02:08PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

I agree what you said regarding time slot for final

but" 24 time zones" between there Japan and here the East coast, setting the alarm clock for early draw ain't in my agenda sorry.... even staying up till past 10 pm most nights is challenging enough..... so next year we won't have to put up with this minor inconvenience RIGHT?

03-21-15 02:11PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbobogie

If we ever host the world cup, do you think we will schedule for the convenience of Europe??

03-21-15 03:01PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

I guess that they were expecting a Swiss Russian final - so those fans could watch curling while having breakie.

03-21-15 03:05PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

i doubt who was in the final had anything to do with it. they chose a time best for locals. or what they thought what would be best, as all committees do.

canada didnt exactly choose a time best for chinese fans when the final involved them in 2008

03-21-15 03:22PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Nowhere in our TV guide is the bronze medal game scheduled. Does that mean Canadians can't see it?u

03-21-15 05:37PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
i doubt who was in the final had anything to do with it. they chose a time best for locals. or what they thought what would be best, as all committees do.

canada didnt exactly choose a time best for chinese fans when the final involved them in 2008

I was being sarcastic! Too subtle, I guess.

03-21-15 07:15PM
ellejay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ellejay Click here to Send ellejay a Private Message Find more posts by ellejay Add ellejay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ellejay
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
Nowhere in our TV guide is the bronze medal game scheduled. Does that mean Canadians can't see it?u

..that's unfortunate, I was looking forward to that rematch.

..and, by the way, even though I'm of Scottish heritage, I really like what I see in the Russian team, and will be cheering for them to win another bronze.

..same goes with the gold medal game, the Swiss have been remarkable all week, I would love to see them cap it of with the victory!

..as a Canadian living in Alberta (and Ontario, and Manitoba) I rarely cheer for "my province" , or country for that matter. this is a sporting event, not WW3.

..we've been fortunate to get so much TV coverage over the last decade or so that , as fans, we've come to "know" the teams whether we were at the event or not.

03-21-15 07:55PM
Tap Back is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tap Back Click here to Send Tap Back a Private Message Find more posts by Tap Back Add Tap Back to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tap Back
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
If Alina can somehow kill off The Jones girls for the 3rd time in the tourney they probably deserve 2 sets of gold medals.

However, I expect the form chart to hold sturdy.

Paetz, the confident round-robin leading skip who's TKO'd Jones not once but twice and who's precision shot-making is the best so far at the event vs. old reliable - the ultra-aggressive team from St. Vital that takes a ton of chances and gets burned occasionally.

Paetz will no doubt be schooled by Mirjam Ott to just wait for Team Jones aggressiveness to result in missed shots or poor rock placements and then jump all over it!

Jones has one way to play. Aggressive from the get-go!

I think Paetz team will have more nerves than TC. Logic says says that JJ & Co have been through the Olympic pressure cooker and came through and Paetz is a rookie at this level. I am sure that Team Canada coaches will be drilling the positives that they had winning gold and reminding them to stay in the moment and not get overly aggressive. Strategy in finals is often more conservative.

03-21-15 08:12PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Everybody thinks it's awful when elite curlers complain about the stupidity of the bronze medal game.obviously the head honchos, leaders, money hungry whoevers that wants the extra coverage etc etc must also think it's stupid and don't televise it to Canada.

03-21-15 08:22PM
Tap Back
Super Rockchucker

5-0 Russia after 1 so not much need to fret about TV coverage as it likely is all over!

03-21-15 08:26PM
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Tap Back
5-0 Russia after 1 so not much need to fret about TV coverage as it likely is all over!

ON THE wcf site, you can watch the graphics of each shot. Interesting on how the 5 ender d3veloped.

03-21-15 08:29PM
Western Newbie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Western Newbie Click here to Send Western Newbie a Private Message Find more posts by Western Newbie Add Western Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Western Newbie
Hitting Paint

http://wwcc2015.curlingevents.com/livescores

they have a curlinggeek type sheet on this page. On my server the scores and percentages are not clear as they overlap, but Eve is on the low end, like 25% on one shot while her team is in the 80s or better.

03-21-15 08:30PM
Western Newbie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Western Newbie Click here to Send Western Newbie a Private Message Find more posts by Western Newbie Add Western Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Western Newbie
Hitting Paint

Missing curling zone keeping us up to date on the scores too.

03-21-15 08:31PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
5 TSN channels and none of 'em are showing the bronze.

What a crock of crap!

I can understand TSN deferring to March madness b-ball and commitments to Toronto or Vancouver pro soccer. But f'n lacrosse - c'mon man!

I'm sure if Pete Rose was playing catch with Johnny Bench at 2am they'd delay the Jones/Paetz game, too!

Their commitment to curling is very superficial!

Of course they arent covering it, its not featuring a canadian team. very rarely does tsn cover a non canadian game

03-21-15 08:33PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

pretty shocking start. wow

03-21-15 08:34PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

russia gets the force next end

just not the start i think anyone could have expected. question is can eve battle back

Last edited by misty1 on 03-21-15 at 08:36PM