CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
M: European Curling Championships C-Division
Dumfries, SCO
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: W1 -- Sun, Apr 28 -- 7:00pm GMT

Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2015 World Women's Curling Championship

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 16 of 25 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-20-15 12:21AM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

What happened to the rest of Ott's team, I thought they might join Tirinzoni, Feltscher or Paetz, but they have not.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-20-15 07:19AM
wsj28 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wsj28 Click here to Send wsj28 a Private Message Find more posts by wsj28 Add wsj28 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wsj28
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Stoner

Last year was also incredibly bad luck, I mean they had a pretty good record at 8-3, but it was only good enough for a TB, like how often does 8-3 only get you a TB, basically never, which they lost to Korea, so I don't really fault them for that.

What happened to Norberg, team Sig's main Swedish rivals.

Who beat Sigfriddson in the Swedish nationals last year? I thought I read that the two teams in the Swedish finals become the National teams for next year. Could see Sigfriddson go to Europeans and the other team go to Worlds. I want to say it was Team Wrana that defeated them.

03-20-15 07:19AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Last year was also incredibly bad luck, I mean they had a pretty good record at 8-3, but it was only good enough for a TB, like how often does 8-3 only get you a TB, basically never, which they lost to Korea, so I don't really fault them for that.

norberg retired

03-20-15 07:21AM
wsj28 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wsj28 Click here to Send wsj28 a Private Message Find more posts by wsj28 Add wsj28 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wsj28
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Maybe there should be a Canada vs. Switzerland Ryder Cup of Womens curling???

For Canada

Team Homan
Team Jones
Team Sweeting

For Switzerland

Team Paetz
Team Tirinzoni
Team Jaeggi or Feltscher

Ott would coach Team Suisse
Earle Morris could coach Team Canada

I'd like that type of event given how advanced the Swiss have become in the sport.

Swiss may prefer to have their National team coach, Al Moore, take the helm.

03-20-15 07:23AM
murphyj87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for murphyj87 Click here to Send murphyj87 a Private Message Visit murphyj87's homepage! Find more posts by murphyj87 Add murphyj87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
murphyj87
Swing Artist

quote:

Norberg retired and then was treated for breast cancer.

03-20-15 07:34AM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

Russia catch a break there.

03-20-15 07:40AM
Stoner
Drawmaster

In the 4th end Russia had 3 stones in the house without hammer and they were shot, but on their last rock they decided to take out Scotland's 2nd shot rock, if they had guarded instead, they had a better chance at stealing I think.

03-20-15 07:46AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

russia simply out playing scotland so far

03-20-15 07:50AM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
russia simply out playing scotland so far

Maybe just barely, neither team has really taken control, neither team seems to want to.

03-20-15 08:08AM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Big shot from Anna, a bit happy she made it, that may have secured them the win.

03-20-15 08:22AM
Stoner
Drawmaster

What a massive win for Russia, they finally get Eve off their backs, really close game though and luck was on their side with a rock picking to give them a steal and them not guarding when they should have, pretty happy for them, the bad news is they will have to play another top team in the next game and could still end up playing for bronze.

Last edited by Stoner on 03-20-15 at 08:25AM

03-20-15 08:25AM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Looks like Anna out-curled Eve by 13 pts.

Fomina whipped Sloan by 16.

Only Vicki Adams carried out her bargain vs. Saitova.

Neither Canada nor Switzerland are gonna have a bargain vs. the Russians.

The stats are way overrated, watch the game people, not stats.

03-20-15 08:27AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

The stats are way overrated, watch the game people, not stats.

this is why i watch curlit. gives you a better idea

03-20-15 08:28AM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

this is why i watch curlit. gives you a better idea

Hey, you were the one who said that Russia was out curling them by looking at the stats I assume.

03-20-15 08:31AM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:

Tirinzoni would appear to need the most help!

How can you say that when Silvana is the #1 Swiss team right now.

03-20-15 08:49AM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:

If they play like that they'll give either Paetz or Jones a massive test.

If Jones continues to struggle with weight, rocks, ice-line, etc. she could easily find herself as Sidorova's next victim in the semi-final.

If Jones manages to gather herself and slide into the final - the last couple games should be fascinating.

Sidorova with a major monkey off her back vs. the great LadyHawke from Switzerland. Paetz would like to become the new monkey on Sidorova's back.

But if Jones is back on-form the final promises to be top drawer brilliant!

If they play as tentative as that they likely won't win the next game, they did not play outstanding, it was at least a bit of luck, the game was so close up until they scored 2 to go up 5-2.

Jones are the best team in the world by far and for a reason, they come up big when the games are hugest, they will not disappoint, I fully expect them to win tomorrow, all this talk about them not being good enough or whatever is just silly, they are a pretty dominant team when it matters.

03-20-15 09:08AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
What a massive win for Russia, they finally get Eve off their backs, really close game though and luck was on their side with a rock picking to give them a steal and them not guarding when they should have, pretty happy for them, the bad news is they will have to play another top team in the next game and could still end up playing for bronze.

7-2 is not close! Game didn't even go 10 ends.

03-20-15 09:13AM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by decade

7-2 is not close! Game didn't even go 10 ends.

Don't make comments if you did not see the game, the score doesn't tell the story here.

03-20-15 09:38AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Hey, you were the one who said that Russia was out curling them by looking at the stats I assume.

no, actually i was watching curlit. they have shot graphics. just from those and the number of half shots scotland was making and the fact that there were always russian rocks around i could draw that conclusion

curlit is basically curlingeek for european events but been around longer

03-20-15 10:17AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Stoner

Don't make comments if you did not see the game, the score doesn't tell the story here.
[/QUOTEI
I DID watch the entire game and stand by my opinion.

03-20-15 10:33AM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

I watched the game. Scotland was greatly outmatched. Russia was hardly ever in danger, or even chasing, and Scotland just couldn't get a handle on draw weight at all. I'd expect whoever loses the 1-2 game to give Russia a stiffer challenge in the semi-final - but Russia looks like they could be up to the task!

I predicted a CAN-RUS final coming into this event, but I can't see SUI missing the final considering the week Paetz has had. Let's see how it goes!

03-20-15 05:26PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Would the 3-4 game be available for replay from some archive, as I had to miss the game this morning?

03-20-15 06:00PM
Beermaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Beermaker Click here to Send Beermaker a Private Message Find more posts by Beermaker Add Beermaker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Beermaker
Drawmaster

It is available on the youtube channel, here is the site:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WorldCurlingTV

03-20-15 07:59PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

nice try..... it don't work

quote:
Originally posted by Beermaker
It is available on the youtube channel, here is the site:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WorldCurlingTV

video not available in your country

03-20-15 08:20PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

jen makes the hit

alina looks like she can either draw for 1 or try a tricky angle raise for 2