M: World Senior Curling Championships
Ostersund, SWE
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sat, Apr 27 -- 4:30am ET
CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2015 World Women's Curling Championship

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 14 of 25 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-19-15 05:16PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by rick8end

I'm surprised you haven't been able to find them. My mom watched the re-broadcast of Canada-Russia and Canada-Norway. I can't recall if they were on TSN 1 or 2.

The 1-2 Page Playoff game is scheduled for re-broadcast tomorrow night at 8 p.m. E.T. on TSN2 in their current listings. Cheers.

i dont remember seeing those in the guide but i it might be that i skimmed over them

either way it doesnt matter for me..i dont get those channels

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-19-15 06:17PM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

You Are Welcome

http://www.drakulastream.eu/other-l...ng-video-2.html

03-19-15 06:21PM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
[B]

"Jennifer's woes are compounded when her opponent forces her to chase the game. Nothing wrong with a strategy featuring all-out aggressiveness but if the rock placement isn't exacting (which it hasn't been all week long) she's put into peril." Quote

I agree with that, but the thing that has amazed me has been Jennifer's own misses. She's come up well short of the house on several draws, she's missed some 'give me' doubles, when she lets go of a rock she's seems to be getting it wrong a lot as to how much weight she's thrown, etc.

Let's face it, there are a bunch of teams in this event that could never compete successfully on the Canadian cash circuit (e.g. Germany, Denmark, Norway, Japan, China, USA), so a 9-2 record doesn't mean a heck of a lot. I hope JJ gets back the confidence she has always displayed over the years, as it's time Canada got the gold back.

03-19-15 06:24PM
wsj28 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wsj28 Click here to Send wsj28 a Private Message Find more posts by wsj28 Add wsj28 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wsj28
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

i dont remember seeing those in the guide but i it might be that i skimmed over them

either way it doesnt matter for me..i dont get those channels

The 1-2 Page Playoff will be broadcast LIVE Fri night at 8pm eastern (or 9am in Sapporo). The game was originally supposed to be played Friday night in Japan but got bumped to Saturday morning (probably so they could show it in prime time in Canada)

03-19-15 06:57PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
[B]

"Jennifer's woes are compounded when her opponent forces her to chase the game. Nothing wrong with a strategy featuring all-out aggressiveness but if the rock placement isn't exacting (which it hasn't been all week long) she's put into peril." Quote

I agree with that, but the thing that has amazed me has been Jennifer's own misses. She's come up well short of the house on several draws, she's missed some 'give me' doubles, when she lets go of a rock she's seems to be getting it wrong a lot as to how much weight she's thrown, etc.

Let's face it, there are a bunch of teams in this event that could never compete successfully on the Canadian cash circuit (e.g. Germany, Denmark, Norway, Japan, China, USA), so a 9-2 record doesn't mean a heck of a lot. I hope JJ gets back the confidence she has always displayed over the years, as it's time Canada got the gold back.

um..japan and china compete regularly in canada and have done quite well

denmark almost never travels to canada but in the events they do enter they usually do okay

03-19-15 07:06PM
wsj28 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wsj28 Click here to Send wsj28 a Private Message Find more posts by wsj28 Add wsj28 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wsj28
Harvey Hacksmasher

You will probably see the Germans enter more Canadian cash spiels as Thomas Lips builds their program from the bottom up

03-19-15 07:31PM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

quote:

um..japan and china compete regularly in canada and have done quite well

denmark almost never travels to canada but in the events they do enter they usually do okay

I can't recall Japan competing with any consistency on the Canadian Cash Circuit. Even if they did, they had no success. You say Japan has done quite well on the Canadian Circuit? Name a few events where they competed and did well. For that matter name one event where they did well.

You're right that China certainly has been on the cash circuit, but they didn't have a lot of success.

We all know that curling has all sorts of participants and curling clubs in Canada and that there is a strong cash circuit. But that's just not the case in Japan, Germany, Denmark, etc. It's only natural that their women's teams would be weaker. Suggesting that they're somehow comparable to Team Canada and that they have similar levels of experience is just not true.

03-19-15 07:35PM
rick8end
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by wsj28

The 1-2 Page Playoff will be broadcast LIVE Fri night at 8pm eastern (or 9am in Sapporo). The game was originally supposed to be played Friday night in Japan but got bumped to Saturday morning (probably so they could show it in prime time in Canada)

Great news if that change has been made. Thanks for mentioning it wsj.

03-19-15 07:41PM
rick8end
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by wsj28

I just went to the TSN site and they have the first page playoff game listed as 6 a.m. eastern time on TSN1, 3, 4 and 5. They have another page playoff game at 8:00 p.m. ET on TSN 2 only. I assume that is the replay. What's your source for the game being moved so it can be shown in prime time in Canada?

03-19-15 07:42PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:

They actually have been re-broadcasting games at 8:00 p.m. eastern most nights (better late than never for people like my mom without DVR's). But not the final or semi-final for whatever reason.

Some of the 8 pm games were not rebroadcasts but live events from the first draw - 9 AM the next day. Since Japan is about 13 hrs ahead.

The 8 pm game Fri on tsn is live- game is being played Saturday morning in Japan.

Last edited by decade on 03-19-15 at 07:45PM

03-19-15 07:59PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

I can't recall Japan competing with any consistency on the Canadian Cash Circuit. Even if they did, they had no success. You say Japan has done quite well on the Canadian Circuit? Name a few events where they competed and did well. For that matter name one event where they did well.

You're right that China certainly has been on the cash circuit, but they didn't have a lot of success.

We all know that curling has all sorts of participants and curling clubs in Canada and that there is a strong cash circuit. But that's just not the case in Japan, Germany, Denmark, etc. It's only natural that their women's teams would be weaker. Suggesting that they're somehow comparable to Team Canada and that they have similar levels of experience is just not true.

are you that naive as to what has gone on? ogasawara has won 2 events on the canadian tour this year and has a QF in another and has 2 wins over sweeting and a win over jaeggi this year

I never suggested they were equal to canada , all i did was point out that saying that they cant compete on the canadian tour isnt true

lene almost never comes to canada. she has played here twice and qualified one of the 2 times. we dont know how germany would do because, again they almost never come over to canada.In fact i dont think andrea once played in a canadian spiel and i know daniela hasnt. i dont think that they'd do well in a slam but certainly those teams could compete and do well in the weaker events and with enough exposure they could do better and move up to the bigger events

Last edited by misty1 on 03-19-15 at 08:05PM

03-19-15 08:02PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

Scotland will defeat the low ranked an inexperienced Chinese in the TB, Eve knows how to turn it on when it counts. Canada will win over the Swiss in the 1-2, why, because of the gulf in experience when it matters of course.

03-19-15 08:10PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
[B]

Oh come on now, you need to wake up. A 9-2 record is very meaningful in an event where Scotland is 7-4 and Sweden is 5-6.Both proven cash circuit and world event teams. You seem to want to grab anything that will support your negative outlook on the curling.

03-19-15 08:12PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

I agree that Eve will pancake the Chinese but I can't see the Swiss going down without a major battle. Yes, there's a huge gulf in experience but look what a virtually unknown (Feltscher) did to Homan at last year's worlds.

And Paetz bested Feltscher, Jaggi and the rest of the top swiss teams to get here. Should Jones and Officer continue to be off-form I don't believe Paetz will let them off the hook.

feltscher at that point in no way qualified as an unkown.

she had been around for a while at that point. had an olympic silver medal and had been to major competitions as skip before.

03-19-15 08:13PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:

You know next to nothing about curling if you think the Jones rink have been up to their normal level of play. If this was a cash spiel, they would be long gone. You only have to look at their individual percentages to know they're not up to par.

So before you insult other people - which you seem to do at every possible opportunity - maybe learn what you're talking about. Cause right now, you don't have a clue. And if you still think you do, then maybe explain the far lower than average percentages Officer and Jones in particular have racked up.

Anybody quoting shooting percentages to make a point like this doesn't understand curling.

03-19-15 08:16PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Nine Ender

Anybody quoting shooting percentages to make a point like this doesn't understand curling.

are you actually going to sit here and claim that jones and her team have looked at all like themselves. The only point people are trying to make is that she doesnt look herself here. thats all. so what exactly it is that you have a problem with i dont know

03-19-15 08:17PM
wsj28
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

I just went to the TSN site and they have the first page playoff game listed as 6 a.m. eastern time on TSN1, 3, 4 and 5. They have another page playoff game at 8:00 p.m. ET on TSN 2 only. I assume that is the replay. What's your source for the game being moved so it can be shown in prime time in Canada?

http://wwcc2015.curlingevents.com/schedule

03-19-15 08:45PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

very high quality match between these 2 so far

03-19-15 08:48PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

Is there no way to watch the TB, that's no good.

03-19-15 08:53PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

I agree that Eve will pancake the Chinese but I can't see the Swiss going down without a major battle. Yes, there's a huge gulf in experience but look what a virtually unknown (Feltscher) did to Homan at last year's worlds.

And Paetz bested Feltscher, Jaggi and the rest of the top swiss teams to get here. Should Jones and Officer continue to be off-form I don't believe Paetz will let them off the hook.

This has been Paetz's best week of the season by far, I mean that team had done basically nothing on tour until now, so I don't know how they did so well this week, must be the powers of Ott or something, that's why I don't see them winning this event, or even beating Canada now. You forgot the top ranked Swiss team Tirinzoni, now I would say that they would provide a real challenge, possibly Feltscher too. Jaeggi were supposed to be the next up and coming Swiss team, but Paetz has come out of nowhere to surpass them.

03-19-15 09:00PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Stoner

This has been Paetz's best week of the season by far, I mean that team had done basically nothing on tour until now, so I don't know how they did so well this week, must be the powers of Ott or something, that's why I don't see them winning this event, or even beating Canada now. You forgot the top ranked Swiss team Tirinzoni, now I would say that they would provide a real challenge, possibly Feltscher too.

champion at the international bernese ladies cup and red deer curling classic

Quarter final at the masters and hdf insurance shoot out

finalist at the stutells oakville tankard

your right though, they sucked on the tour this year

and what makes you think tirinzoni would provide a better challenge when, in 3 previous appearances she hasnt made the playoffs once

Last edited by misty1 on 03-19-15 at 09:04PM

03-19-15 09:03PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

china might have a shot for a bundle here

03-19-15 09:06PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

china bundles the shot and scotland steals again. 3-1 scotland after 4

03-19-15 09:18PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Can't find any live coverage of TB but the WCF site has graphics of each end.

03-19-15 09:20PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:

champion at the international bernese ladies cup and red deer curling classic

Quarter final at the masters and hdf insurance shoot out

finalist at the stutells oakville tankard

your right though, they sucked on the tour this year

and what makes you think tirinzoni would provide a better challenge when, in 3 previous appearances she hasnt made the playoffs once

Winning the Bernese cup isn't a big deal, it's a weak event, Red Deer even though it's a small event, did have some decent teams, so I'll give a bit of credit there. So they did do alright.

Because Tirinzoni is much better now than a few years ago.