M: World Senior Curling Championships
Ostersund, SWE
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sat, Apr 27 -- 4:30am ET
CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2015 Scotties Tournament of Hearts

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 12 of 22 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-18-15 11:25PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

3-1 for the night is pretty good. although saskatchewan probably should have won. had a draw for 2 in the 7th that would have made the difference

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-18-15 11:40PM
nickelcity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nickelcity Click here to Send nickelcity a Private Message Find more posts by nickelcity Add nickelcity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nickelcity
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
3-1 for the night is pretty good. although saskatchewan probably should have won. had a draw for 2 in the 7th that would have made the difference

Although Stef missed that draw, Tracy did the exact same thing in the 1st, came up about 8 inches short of the 4 foot for 2. 9th end too, instead of Tracy going up 2 or 3, she allowed a steal by SK to tie it at 4-4. I think the NO ladies definitely deserved the win. Imagine, if they had beaten PEI and NL they'd currently be 7-1 and in definite playoff contention. Now they almost need to beat all 3 of ON, MB, and CA. She can definitely beat ON and MB, and I think her game against CA should be close. 4th playoff spot is still definitely up for grabs!

Oh, and Stef also has AB and PEI left on the schedule, so that 5-3 record of hers may not be safe either. It'll be exciting to see how everything plays out! In my opinion, the only "big 4" that looks extremely solid currently is Alberta. CA, MB and SK have looked very shaky at times. Might make things interesting

02-18-15 11:51PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
m

my do you look stupid now.

Your a little behind.

02-18-15 11:55PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

You got 3 out of 4 Agent Sasha Carter....

The Horgans put up a perfect end in the extra.

Rick Folk talked Stef off the ledge, telling her that her 1/2 buried 4 ft. stone wasn't "good enough".

Instead she drew top 4, 3 or 4 inches too heavy and Tracy had an easy soft-hit

I was referring more to your comment that my pick for tracy was stef was outrageous.

stef very well could finish 6-5. i see her losing to alberta for sure and wouldnt be surprised if she dropped one to pei. 5 losses is still very much alive. while i do think they will beat ontario i think ehe will lose to manitoba amd canada in tight games.

we could have about 4 teams at 5 losses battling for the final spot

02-18-15 11:55PM
Radio-Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radio-Man Click here to Send Radio-Man a Private Message Find more posts by Radio-Man Add Radio-Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by nickelcity

Imagine, if they had beaten PEI and NL they'd currently be 7-1 and in definite playoff contention. Now they almost need to beat all 3 of ON, MB, and CA. She can definitely beat ON and MB, and I think her game against CA should be close. 4th playoff spot is still definitely up for grabs!

Agreed. This was my point earlier regarding the Newfoundland loss. That's one of the games you have to circle as a win if your considering playoffs. She had a great win tonight against Lawton, but with MB and Canada coming up, five losses is racing towards her.

"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent...who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."

02-18-15 11:59PM
Sasquatch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sasquatch Click here to Send Sasquatch a Private Message Find more posts by Sasquatch Add Sasquatch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sasquatch
Hitting Paint

Hastings should be thanking Horgan - for now.

If she can beat Horgan tomorrow morning she will likely get to play Lawton in a tie-breaker.

Horgan on the other hand has to pull an "Arsenault" to have any hope of a tiebreaker.

After tomorrow morning's all-Ontario affair we should be getting a steady diet of Alberta TV games...and I'm not complaining.

02-19-15 08:35AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Your most out of whack prediction is NO over SK - c'mon smarten up; just look Jenn Horgan is nowhere near as good as Sensational Sherry Anderson. Door closed!

6 -5 fo no over your senational Sherry, in case you missed that!

Last edited by decade on 02-19-15 at 10:04AM

02-19-15 11:49AM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

What a weird week for Nova Scotia

02-19-15 12:30PM
Radio-Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radio-Man Click here to Send Radio-Man a Private Message Find more posts by Radio-Man Add Radio-Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

Canada's m.o. has been leading the percentage tables at their respective positions and having the best point differential. This week they don't lead any position besides Weagle and are third in point differential behind Albera and Manitoba. Not an exact science, but it's reflective of what I've been seeing. Alberta has looked the best all week across the board.

"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent...who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."

Last edited by Radio-Man on 02-19-15 at 01:18PM

02-19-15 12:47PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

This Ont v N.Ont game is just miss after miss

02-19-15 01:40PM
Hack Weight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hack Weight Click here to Send Hack Weight a Private Message Find more posts by Hack Weight Add Hack Weight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hack Weight
Hitting Paint

Pretty big game this afternoon. A win by AB over TC would guarantee* an AB vs MB 1v2 game. A TC win muddles the top 3 up.
*unless the very unlikely scenario of MB losing their final two games and NO winning their final two happens.

Still feels like 5-3 SK has the inside track on 4th place (vs. NB, AB, PE) over 6-3 NO (vs. MB, TC).

4-5 PE and ON are clinging for life. They must win their final two games (they play each other this afternoon so only one can do that) and hope NO loses their final two (possible) and SK loses at least two of three (slightly less possible) to set up possible tie-breakers.

Last edited by Hack Weight on 02-19-15 at 01:44PM

02-19-15 02:10PM
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

If Canada wins they'll likely need help from Manitoba in order to have a shot at the 1v2 game.

02-19-15 04:21PM
JB42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB42 Click here to Send JB42 a Private Message Find more posts by JB42 Add JB42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB42
Drawmaster

TV v AB: 2 - 3

It's one of those games so far that TC must feel they are losing about 5-1. They are being thoroughly outcurled.

Just not sharp this week for whatever reason.

02-19-15 04:46PM
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

I'm a big believer in momentum and Sweeting has had it since November. That's why I picked her to win this event after the Canada Cup. The team has really been playing great all year and seems to be getting better all the time.

Team Canada on the other hand feels as though their just grinding gears and unable to get to that next level. They've been scrappy this week and in other events this year. Hopefully they can find some solid momentum heading into the 3v4 game.

02-19-15 04:51PM
mcgregorm89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mcgregorm89 Click here to Send mcgregorm89 a Private Message Find more posts by mcgregorm89 Add mcgregorm89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mcgregorm89
Swing Artist

Team Canada really needs to win this one. It seems they lost all of their momentum after losing to Manitoba ad even before that they weren't the greatest. Could her coaching change really be hurting the team this much.

02-19-15 05:12PM
JB42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB42 Click here to Send JB42 a Private Message Find more posts by JB42 Add JB42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB42
Drawmaster

Hart is much more Alec Baldwin than Sheldon Cooper as anyone who has met him can tell ya.

02-19-15 05:13PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by JB42
TV v AB: 2 - 3

It's one of those games so far that TC must feel they are losing about 5-1. They are being thoroughly outcurled.

Just not sharp this week for whatever reason.

They haven't been sharp all yr. Courtney is no Allie.

02-19-15 05:24PM
GregJP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GregJP Click here to Send GregJP a Private Message Find more posts by GregJP Add GregJP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GregJP
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Radio-Man
I'm a big believer in momentum

Momentum is one of the biggest myths in all of sports. There have been numerous studies and with very few exceptions they have shown that it just doesn't exist within a game. (not to mention between games weeks apart)

1. One study tracked NBA shooting. It showed that a shooter who had made a number of shots in a row was just as likely to make his next shot as a shooter had missed a number of shots in a row. (assuming their overall yearly percentage was the same)

2. In baseball a hitter who has been "hot" is no more likely to get a hit than a hitter who has been cold because you don't know when his random hot hitting will stop. People who think that a 0.250 hitter who is 8 for his last 15 is more likely to get a hit than a 0.250 hitter who is 2 for his last 15 are just plain wrong.

To suggest that team Sweeting has some type of "momentum" across weeks of games is just absurd. They are a very good team and as they play more games together they'll be more consistent. Why use a stupid word like momentum. Leave it where it belongs. In a Physics classroom.

02-19-15 05:30PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

Are scott moir and Kaitlyn Lawes dating?

02-19-15 05:52PM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

scott moir = multiple world champion, 2010 olympic gold medallist, 2014 olympic silver medallist in ice dance with partner tessa virtue. one of canada's best athletes.

02-19-15 05:56PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Wow - Kitty is moving' on up!!!

you have zero confirmation kaitlyn is dating him. he lives in ontario, its very possible he is simply a friend of brent and jen

02-19-15 05:57PM
NSCoach is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NSCoach Click here to Send NSCoach a Private Message Find more posts by NSCoach Add NSCoach to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NSCoach
Harvey Hacksmasher

Any Relation?

NSCoach has attached this image:

02-19-15 05:59PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Rock Your World
Are scott moir and Kaitlyn Lawes dating?

There is a strong rumour on the Internet about that

02-19-15 06:03PM
Beemer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Beemer Click here to Send Beemer a Private Message Find more posts by Beemer Add Beemer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Beemer
Knee-Slider

You really need to branch out ML. There are other Canadian athletes besides JJ. You know every stat about JJ but you didn't know who Scott Moir is ?

02-19-15 06:09PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

val makes a raise to score 2 in the 10th and beat canada. rachel is now going to have to play in the 3 v.s 4 game for sure