M: USA Curling Under-5 National Championship
Chaska, MN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sun, Apr 28 -- 1:00pm CT
Mellin 11  8th
Meyer  Watch Live Curling!
Rose Final
Bliven (6) Watch Live Curling!
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-24-16 09:27AM
TakeItOut! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TakeItOut! Click here to Send TakeItOut! a Private Message Visit TakeItOut!'s homepage! Find more posts by TakeItOut! Add TakeItOut! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TakeItOut!
Hitting Paint

Francis Dykes 5 and Under

Just wanted to start a thread for the 40 team event starting today in Rochester, NY. You can watch the action starting tonight on TESN.US. Sheet C will occasionally have commentary. Tonight at 6:30pm BA and I are on the call for the opener. BA promises to speak, which means he may be drinking.

Should be a lot of fun. Here's the link. http://www.tesn.us/tesn---western-new-york.html

I have zero idea who the teams are other than some of the 5 teams from Rochester. So any insight prior to the webcast would be appreciated.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-24-16 11:49AM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

Here's everything I know about the teams from Potomac:

It's Luigi time: Spencer Stevens is wicked good at Vice...but can lose his focus if things go poorly. John Scholle usually calls a good game, but can get confused and make the poor decision as well...this team will be feast or famine. They could make a run in the A, or go 0-3...impossible to predict

Team Moyer: Has a lower high end than ILT, but a higher low end as well. Todd Moyer is a solid knowledgeable skip, and has most of the shots in his bag...maybe not at 100%, but at 85%+. I probably ruined James Mikulec when he had to play with me as his skip a session last season...but he's good too...he's had an accuracy problem at times, but that may be Potomac Ice. Greg Jablonski is a solid knowledgeable lead with good broom skills, it will be interesting to see how quickly he adjusts to Rochester ice.

Rock Solid: Russ kirkman usually vices for his wife, but IMO of the two he's the better player. I'm not familiar with the rest of his team at all.

Scourge of the Seven Sheets: JR Grohs is good...not spectacular, but good. Ben Kean will be a force soon if he wants to be. Joe and AJ aren't slouches either. Not sure I would have put AJ in the back end...but of their options, he's what they have.

02-24-16 01:08PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

40 teams? That's just plain awesome.

Now enough of this nonsense, Godfather Joe. You research every one of those teams and you get there early to interview them off the record. Do your homework or those vampires at TESN will shove you right down the stairs. They are a vicious and mean group. BadA once pushed me down a ladder in Philly because he thought I wasn't prepared.

BA's mic will be live? Good. Kill yours so only he can hear your questions and comments. See how he likes it.

Good luck to the teams and webcasters. Have fun. I'll check in from time to time.

Ben Tucker (TESN slave until freed by a Navy Seal team)

02-24-16 02:52PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Nutmeg Whalers is a pretty young team trying to gain experience. Just Larry at skip is new to the position. Skinny Larry at Vice is getting better and awesome sweeper. Eric at second plays for me in the competitive league and has improved greatly this season, also a graduate of a BLAB clinic. Rick at lead is solid.

Nutmeg Yard Goats has the Kayser winning skip, Craig Doucette. A strong team that could go far and hopefully will make a final.

JH

02-25-16 02:13AM
SPMFromPCC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SPMFromPCC Click here to Send SPMFromPCC a Private Message Find more posts by SPMFromPCC Add SPMFromPCC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SPMFromPCC
Swing Artist

Memories......my very last Dykes was in Rochester, some nine years ago. I think it had 48 teams that year....good to see it's still a massive event to this day.

02-25-16 02:20AM
RockDoc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RockDoc Click here to Send RockDoc a Private Message Find more posts by RockDoc Add RockDoc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RockDoc
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by SPMFromPCC
Memories......my very last Dykes was in Rochester, some nine years ago. I think it had 48 teams that year....good to see it's still a massive event to this day.

You betcha, Sean. Must have been the only Dykes or Kayser we didn't play you in!

02-26-16 01:34PM
TakeItOut! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TakeItOut! Click here to Send TakeItOut! a Private Message Visit TakeItOut!'s homepage! Find more posts by TakeItOut! Add TakeItOut! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TakeItOut!
Hitting Paint

Bump

Two Rochester teams in the elite 8.

02-26-16 03:44PM
SPMFromPCC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SPMFromPCC Click here to Send SPMFromPCC a Private Message Find more posts by SPMFromPCC Add SPMFromPCC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SPMFromPCC
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by RockDoc

You betcha, Sean. Must have been the only Dykes or Kayser we didn't play you in!

Well, now you've piqued my curiosity! I've tried and failed to think of who you might be.....toss a hint my way?

02-26-16 04:54PM
RockDoc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RockDoc Click here to Send RockDoc a Private Message Find more posts by RockDoc Add RockDoc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RockDoc
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by SPMFromPCC

Well, now you've piqued my curiosity! I've tried and failed to think of who you might be.....toss a hint my way?

Think Kayser final @ Broomstones. Always enjoyed playing your teams, good games and good times after.

Cheers.

03-03-16 11:04PM
bucksdave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bucksdave Click here to Send bucksdave a Private Message Visit bucksdave's homepage! Find more posts by bucksdave Add bucksdave to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bucksdave
Harvey Hacksmasher

thanks to roc

On behalf of my team from Bucks, thanks to Rochester for a great event, we had a great time, ending up A runners up... A great time from all!!

Dave Schmel, BCCC