Rose Final
Bliven (6) Watch Live Curling!
M: Mexican Mixed Doubles Championship
Vancouver, CAN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 6 -- Sun, Apr 28 -- 9:30am PT
Pere/Cohe Final
Quin/Abre (7)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2016 Players' Championship

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 6 of 8 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-16-16 02:34PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

No eye contact from Rachel during the handshakes... very quick and dismissive lol

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-16-16 02:38PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by 5thstone
Here comes a fairly simple W for the Homan Machine unless Einsaron stops looking like a deer looking at headlights.

Einerson saw your quote and got teed off.

04-16-16 02:42PM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Thumbs up Good for Einarson

The whole Team out performed Team Homan..
Unusual when the top curler on Homan's team is Joanne at 83%

Now can Kerri start her rise to be the best in Manitoba tomorrow morning against Jones..?

Hope So..

04-16-16 03:50PM
5thstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 5thstone Find more posts by 5thstone Add 5thstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
5thstone
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay

Einerson saw your quote and got teed off.

More like she must of overheard Kevin, Rob, Mike and Joan talking about her and were about to write her off when it was 6-2 for Homan. Impressive come back and with a bit help with Miskew making a very rare 2 misses in a row in the 8th end.

04-16-16 04:02PM
maybo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maybo Visit maybo's homepage! Find more posts by maybo Add maybo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maybo
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Rock Your World
No eye contact from Rachel during the handshakes... very quick and dismissive lol

No surprise...

04-16-16 04:07PM
maybo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maybo Visit maybo's homepage! Find more posts by maybo Add maybo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maybo
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by kwojtalik
I am still baffled at Team Carey...they played so well at the Scotties and so so at the Worlds and now this and I am a Team Carey fan

Team Carey is also my fave -- and I agree with others that the grind may have worn them down. The team, on its Twitter feed, says Amy will be back for the Champions Cup. Being in Alberta, I suspect you'll see a rejuvenated team...

04-16-16 04:25PM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Rock Your World

Yes, that wasn't even half-hearted. Teams congratulate her routinely after her every win. Hopefully she'll mature and do similar.

04-16-16 04:39PM
kwojtalik is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kwojtalik Click here to Send kwojtalik a Private Message Find more posts by kwojtalik Add kwojtalik to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kwojtalik
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by maybo

Team Carey is also my fave -- and I agree with others that the grind may have worn them down. The team, on its Twitter feed, says Amy will be back for the Champions Cup. Being in Alberta, I suspect you'll see a rejuvenated team...

that would be great

04-16-16 04:51PM
maybo
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by rick8end

Yes, that wasn't even half-hearted. Teams congratulate her routinely after her every win. Hopefully she'll mature and do similar.

Hope so, but at this stage, I'm not holding my breath.

04-16-16 05:16PM
Western Newbie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Western Newbie Click here to Send Western Newbie a Private Message Find more posts by Western Newbie Add Western Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Western Newbie
Hitting Paint

sound on Jacobs vs laycock

Does anyone have sound for the jacobs laycock game on the team laycock stream?

04-16-16 05:17PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

Re: Judging curlers..

quote:
Originally posted by HotRocks
anyone who sits at their TV and actually watches a curler's every
contact after a loss...with the other team.. are petty and mean

If any of you facial expression judges won over $230000( SO FAR)
this season..
you might appreciate what top athletes go thru to perfect
their skills..
they have every right to be as disappointed as they feel..

Gotta know how to lose gracefully, before you learn how to win! Act professional instead of a spoiled brat!

04-16-16 05:50PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Looks like Koe may join HOMAN.

04-16-16 05:58PM
chinabar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chinabar Find more posts by chinabar Add chinabar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chinabar
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
lol - nope - she can look foolish by her self

hmm howard koe and laycock lose - sure frees up my Sunday - doubt that ill be cheering or watching now

Fresca-your posts are becoming quite obnoxious and redundant

04-16-16 06:08PM
Ajay
Drawmaster

Koe didn't drop the ball, he got beat..

04-16-16 06:36PM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

Re: Re: Judging curlers..

quote:
Originally posted by CURLER1

Gotta know how to lose gracefully, before you learn how to win! Act professional instead of a spoiled brat!

Agree. I guess he feels that if you win $230,000 you get a pass on sportsmanship and taking all of 30 seconds to actually congratulate whoever beats you. They always say that you can tell how classy, or not classy, a person is by their defeats. Seems quite true. Congrats to the Einarson rink for not hanging their heads and fighting back.

04-16-16 09:12PM
kwojtalik is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kwojtalik Click here to Send kwojtalik a Private Message Find more posts by kwojtalik Add kwojtalik to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kwojtalik
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Rachel gets exceptionally mealy-mouthed when she loses badly - especially to a non-elite team - in an important game!

Rachel might have had one of the (if not THE BEST) cash season of any women's team in Canadian curling history - but she crashed out against a lady making her long-awaited return to the competitive game (Hanna) and now this!

Val Sweeting has had a mope-like season and it ended poorly, succumbing easily to the ageing JJ. Val was not very good at anything this year it seems.

Chelsea Carey had an amazing season, winning the STOH with solid teams like Jones, McCarville on the scene. Very strong play by all team members but they had a severe flub-down at worlds - now this (albeit without Amy Nixon aboard)

Angry Anna Sidorova had a decent season - her world entry was more an appointment than an earning but she's been world fodder at most levels. Didn't even make playoffs in a tourney where 8 of 12 do.

Jenny Jones has had mixed results this season. Auto-berth at STOH but an unveven week culminating in two straight playoff losses before rebounding to save bronze medal face vs. fellow Manitoban Kerri Einarson in bronze medal final. A bit spotty on the cash circuit but will probably finish 2nd (close to Homan if she wins 2 game tomorrow). Not the usual Jones season with a world appearance and circuit dominance. Will be interesting to watch next season.

K. Rocque - solid first year w/ fellow munchkin Laura Crocker at 3rd. Kelcey is an excellent skip and curler - could there be a bidding war brewing for her services?

Stef Lawton - barely registered on the earthquake meter. More lineup changes a-brewin'.....

Jenn Hanna - a great way to bow out for the grand lady of Ottawa curling; beating Homan in Ontario final; unfortunately falls a game short at STOH.

Kerri Einarson - probably flew under the radar entire season but toppling Homan today (and the way she did it) perhaps makes her the best curling story of 2016 - especially if she can somehow topple Jones and one of the Euro stars tomorrow at Players. A bit more consistency and a more planned approach to strategy will make her a formidable opponent in 2017 - not just for JJ - but for all Canadian womens teams. If Selena Kaatz improves a tad Einarson will be a totally tough out!

Krista McCarville - had Carey gone into her mope mode early Krista would be Canadian champs - but she looked every bit a winner as she stunned Jones and then came within a whisker of taking out Carey.

Tracey Fleury - a very disappointing season for the ravenesque mighty mite. Will they continue their rotation lineup in 1017 with Crystal Webster and Jenn Horgan or go back to a more conventional lineup?

Yep...only time will tell

04-16-16 09:15PM
kwojtalik
Hitting Paint

what is an elite team?

04-16-16 10:13PM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

Homans team appears to be suffering from overconfidence. The loss to Hanna and now a comeback loss to Einarson show a young team finding out they aren't invincible. The lack of enthusiasm in the post game handshake should be attributed more to shock-over a game they no doubt felt was theirs-than poor sportsmanship. The lesson they need to take away from this is that their high profile doesn't make them unbeatable. More correctly, they are now in every teams crosshairs and vulnerable.

As for Koe, those guys are still fighting exhaustion and jet lag from the world's. All things considered not a bad showing up against more rested opponents.

Last edited by jamcan on 04-16-16 at 10:15PM

04-16-16 10:15PM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by kwojtalik
what is an elite team?

Thats a team with more money and time off than you and me.

04-16-16 11:02PM
Prawnpuller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prawnpuller Click here to Send Prawnpuller a Private Message Find more posts by Prawnpuller Add Prawnpuller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prawnpuller
Harvey Hacksmasher

Seems to me Rachael dropped the ball in this game..Could of used old coach Earle Morris....Some times you just have to turn around and look at the scoreboard and play accordingly....Hmmmm up 6-2 in an eight end game and not taking off centre guards...Emma had it right but Rachael would not listen..Cudos to Einerson team they played well but Rachael's strategy cost then big time.Very easy game from my couch position.😄😄😄😁😁😁

04-17-16 12:08AM
irishrose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for irishrose Click here to Send irishrose a Private Message Find more posts by irishrose Add irishrose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
irishrose
Harvey Hacksmasher

Noticed how happy Jennifer was as she watched Homan lose.Big grin on her face as the rock came down.
Oh well her hubby lost too.

04-17-16 12:34AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

Re: Re: Re: Judging curlers..

quote:
Originally posted by rick8end

Agree. I guess he feels that if you win $230,000 you get a pass on sportsmanship and taking all of 30 seconds to actually congratulate whoever beats you. They always say that you can tell how classy, or not classy, a person is by their defeats. Seems quite true. Congrats to the Einarson rink for not hanging their heads and fighting back.

Sometimes things are not what they appear to be on the surface...
I know that saying that Homan is a 'bad sport', or 'onboxious', or 'arrogant' gets the attention that people crave, but consider this, which I believe is more likely and plausible than those explanations/accusations...

Homan (and her team) hold themselves to a very high standard. When they fail to reach that standard, they are frustrated, upset, disappointed in themselves... even angry with themselves. Immediately after the game is when these feelings and emotions are at their peak. That is also the same time that they shake hands with their opposition - while they are in this state of utter frustration, disappointment and anger with themselves. I believe this is especially true with Homan, who is naturally more intense than most people, including her teammates (this is one of the reasons she is the leader of the team).
Considering all of this, expecting her to smile and be 'nice' as all of these emotions are going through her is unrealistic.
It has nothing to do with respecting the other team, or with a lack of respect for the other team. It has everything to do with how she is feeling at that particular moment, and either choosing not to - or not being able to - put on a phony act.

I never feel slighted in the least when a team I've defeated gives lackluster hand shakes - because I realize that they are quite disappointed in themselves, and that this is their prevailing emotion at that time. In this increasingly phony and 'politically correct' culture, I admire this kind of raw honesty in people.

Homan holds herself to a higher standard than most others do. That means that defeats sting more. This is not arrogance, it is simply self-confidence. She expects to win. When she doesn't win, it upsets and angers her, and she is profoundly disappointed in herself. And this self-confidence, and the effects thereof, has absolutely nothing to do with a lack of respect for the other team.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by On The Nose on 04-17-16 at 12:39AM

04-17-16 12:43AM
maybo
Hitting Paint

I think there's a huge difference in being a poor loser and in being a poor sport. I'd want a poor loser on my team anytime, whatever the sport. Someone who finds a defeat to be the most distasteful thing on the planet, someone who can be snippy and churlish for hours later, but someone who can still treat his/her opponent with respect and offer heartfelt congratulations. These athletes - poor losers but not poor sports - do exist and many of them compete in this sport.

04-17-16 12:58AM
SmokeyJoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SmokeyJoe Find more posts by SmokeyJoe Add SmokeyJoe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SmokeyJoe
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
chinawitch - try to imagine how little i care about your opinion..

LOL - great post fresca. Don't always agree with you, but always respect your posts.

04-17-16 01:21AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by maybo
I think there's a huge difference in being a poor loser and in being a poor sport. I'd want a poor loser on my team anytime, whatever the sport. Someone who finds a defeat to be the most distasteful thing on the planet, someone who can be snippy and churlish for hours later, but someone who can still treat his/her opponent with respect and offer heartfelt congratulations. These athletes - poor losers but not poor sports - do exist and many of them compete in this sport.

I would think that Homan would fully acknowledge that the Einarson team won because they were the better team in that game. I feel that's all the respect she needs to give them... she doesn't need to smile and laugh when she doesn't feel like smiling and laughing.
Homan likely feels that she lost the game more than the other team won it. This is simply a product of self-confidence, is not a lack of respect for the other team, and it is often mistaken for arrogance by those who look no deeper than the surface of things.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson