M: World Senior Curling Championships
Ostersund, SWE
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sat, Apr 27 -- 4:30am ET
CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 14 of 16 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-10-14 11:59AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

They made the 2 biggest finals in canadian curling in the same year, my bet is they stick together.

The best option for John in Alberta would probably be Charley Thomas. He is young and loaded with talent. Judging from his play on the WCT tour though he might not be willing to go full on and do the kind of schedule John would want.Dont think he'll ever go back with Kevin Martin.

I know this team up wasnt supposed to be long term but I think they should consider it. Once they get over the disappointment they'll realize they had a damn good year and became one of the top 10 teams in Canada together.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 198.163.53.10

03-10-14 12:00PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Absolutely disgusted with Morris! The classy Manitoban team were all smiles and gracious in collecting their bronze medals. Did Morris even crack a smile while receiving his plaque and silver medal????? What a disgrace to sportsmanship! I really feel sorry for the rest of the team to have that as a so called leader of the team. Real class act!

Its called faking. Neither team wanted to there, one is just better at hiding it than the other one.

03-10-14 12:01PM
Unregistered

or maybe john could entice brock virtue back to alberta..id fear that combination though and not because of talent

03-10-14 02:08PM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Absolutely disgusted with Morris! The classy Manitoban team were all smiles and gracious in collecting their bronze medals. Did Morris even crack a smile while receiving his plaque and silver medal????? What a disgrace to sportsmanship! I really feel sorry for the rest of the team to have that as a so called leader of the team. Real class act!

Manitoba had 24 hours to come to terms with their disappointment. Hard coming off the ice after losing the Brier final and try to crack a smile.

Since when is disappointment, sadness a lack of sportsmanship? Sportsmanship is showing respect for your opposition and I certainly didn't see a lack of that out of Team Morris.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-10-14 03:00PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Gerry

Manitoba had 24 hours to come to terms with their disappointment. Hard coming off the ice after losing the Brier final and try to crack a smile.

Since when is disappointment, sadness a lack of sportsmanship? Sportsmanship is showing respect for your opposition and I certainly didn't see a lack of that out of Team Morris.

well not exactly 24 hours but still they did have a lot longer to digest it.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

03-10-14 03:12PM
Unregistered

quote:

Show me a team that smiles right after a big loss and I'll show you a team of losers! Lack of smiles showed no disrespect - rather a disappointment at losing a big game.
I'm not a Morris fan, but I understand how he felt.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.224.205.28

03-10-14 03:53PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

In my opinion, John Morris is one of the best skips in the game, meaning how he runs a team and calls a game. No one would have picked them to get to two big finals this season based on the team line up. The speed with which they became contenders is very impressive.

The idea that BC were poor sports after losing is pure fantasy.

Last edited by Nine Ender on 03-10-14 at 04:05PM

03-10-14 04:17PM
Unregistered

Good Job CCA

Glad to see your solution to the HUGE discrepancy in the # of titles won by Maritmers as compared to the rest of the country is not a reason for concern. Just butter that greasy lobster, drink that bottle of screech, & plant those potatoes is what u are telling all Maritime curlers.

AB has won 8X in last 13 yrs. This event is being over-hyped year after year. What are the odds another team from the West wins.(Jacobs might be the exception)

& now u have this relegation round meaning NS or PEI will not partake. Absolutely BS for a so-called NATIONAL event.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 205.189.94.12

03-10-14 04:20PM
gameon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gameon Click here to Send gameon a Private Message Find more posts by gameon Add gameon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameon
Hitting Paint

quote:

Show me a team that smiles right after a big loss and I'll show you a team of losers! Lack of smiles showed no disrespect - rather a disappointment at losing a big game.
I'm not a Morris fan, but I understand how he felt.

You are absolutely wrong saying that someone who smiles after a lose is a loser... no way Jeff or John are losers because they are the type of person who can take losing and still grin and bear it... some people are like that. I know i can't smile after a lose, but I will definitely appauld Jeff and John for their type of sportsmanship. It is good for the sport. You could have said what you did about Johnny Mo without adding the loser part.

03-10-14 04:47PM
JustAnotherHack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustAnotherHack Click here to Send JustAnotherHack a Private Message Find more posts by JustAnotherHack Add JustAnotherHack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JustAnotherHack
Swing Artist

quote:
John Morris will kick Jim Cotter off the team this summer but keep his front end. They will then become unbeatable.

Sheesh. Really? Cotter had the highest percentage out of any fourth over the course of the Brier.

I doubt Morris will pull the plug on Cotter. If anything, Morris will pull the plug because he can't move to BC (I'm thinking they won't give him the fishing guide exemption again next season), or maybe something comes together in AB that he rather take on (like maybe getting the boys back together if KMart decides it's time to hang it up).

Cotter and Morris worked well together for being teammates for only one season (two finals in the two biggest curling events in the world). If they can make it work and stick together for the longer term, I'd pick this team as one of my favorites for the 2016 Olympics.

As far as the poor sportsmanship crap some yahoos are saying on here... Really guys? You just lost the final of Brier and you want them to smile more immediately after the fact? Get serious. They took their lumps for 2nd place with grace and class. And comparing them to Stoughton's team attitude, who had a full day to digest that they lost (and a night at the Patch) isn't fair at all.

Talk to them in a couple of days, and I think they'll be pleased with how they played and the sting of losing the final will have faded a little.

03-10-14 04:55PM
Unregistered legend

quote:
Originally posted by JustAnotherHack

Sheesh. Really? Cotter had the highest percentage out of any fourth over the course of the Brier.

I doubt Morris will pull the plug on Cotter. If anything, Morris will pull the plug because he can't move to BC (I'm thinking they won't give him the fishing guide exemption again next season), or maybe something comes together in AB that he rather take on (like maybe getting the boys back together if KMart decides it's time to hang it up).

Cotter and Morris worked well together for being teammates for only one season (two finals in the two biggest curling events in the world). If they can make it work and stick together for the longer term, I'd pick this team as one of my favorites for the 2016 Olympics.

As far as the poor sportsmanship crap some yahoos are saying on here... Really guys? You just lost the final of Brier and you want them to smile more immediately after the fact? Get serious. They took their lumps for 2nd place with grace and class. And comparing them to Stoughton's team attitude, who had a full day to digest that they lost (and a night at the Patch) isn't fair at all.

Talk to them in a couple of days, and I think they'll be pleased with how they played and the sting of losing the final will have faded a little.

I agree 100% with what you say but the sting of losing a Brier final never goes away - regardless of whether you lose by an inch on last brick or whether you get whipped & bombed (like what happened Sunday)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 207.219.69.223

03-10-14 04:56PM
gameon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gameon Click here to Send gameon a Private Message Find more posts by gameon Add gameon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameon
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by JustAnotherHack

Agree with everything... Cotter will be a contender no matter what team he skips... and Johnny Mo is good for the game no matter where he plays... heck, I wouldn't mind him returning to AB and with one great team not in playdowns next year because of them being Team Cdn... there is room for more good teams.

03-10-14 05:14PM
Unregistered

Thanks for your comment Gerry. Thats exactly what I was thinking. I didn't see any unsportsman like behaviour from anyone on the BC team, just disappointment and rightly so.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 64.229.80.107

03-10-14 05:28PM
JustAnotherHack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustAnotherHack Click here to Send JustAnotherHack a Private Message Find more posts by JustAnotherHack Add JustAnotherHack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JustAnotherHack
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered legend

I agree 100% with what you say but the sting of losing a Brier final never goes away - regardless of whether you lose by an inch on last brick or whether you get whipped & bombed (like what happened Sunday)

A lot of truth to that. I did say the sting would fade... but if losing a final (in any sport) stops stinging you at all, it's probably time to hang up the curling shoes.

03-10-14 08:10PM
ott-am is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ott-am Click here to Send ott-am a Private Message Find more posts by ott-am Add ott-am to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ott-am
Swing Artist

Re: The Solution!

quote:
[B]Poor Johnny, just burning inside cuz he came up short....AGAIN./B]

Yes, John has never won anything - two time Canadian and world junior champ, two-time Brier champ (undefeated two years in a row as I recall) world gold and silver and Olympic gold. Poor guy has never won a thing.

Lets face it, he is a winner and he also brings out the best in his teammates. I am betting on him to win the mixed doubles next week, too.

Last edited by ott-am on 03-10-14 at 08:14PM

03-10-14 10:21PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by gameon

You are absolutely wrong saying that someone who smiles after a lose is a loser... no way Jeff or John are losers because they are the type of person who can take losing and still grin and bear it... some people are like that. I know i can't smile after a lose, but I will definitely appauld Jeff and John for their type of sportsmanship. It is good for the sport. You could have said what you did about Johnny Mo without adding the loser part.

I know I should let this go because it's like beating a dead horse. However, here goes.
I said after a BIG loss. Jeff and John didn't take that game seriously! Neither wanted to be there. Although I fully respect Jeff and John for their sportsmanship, they didn't just come off a BIG loss. It was easy to smile on the podium.
Morris's team did come off a BIG loss. so smiling was near the bottom of their priorities right then.
You better read a post carefully before you feel inclined to comment on it.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.224.205.28

03-11-14 01:43AM
Unregistered

So sad Quebec couldnt win that game with Koe. I am sure they would be the Brier Champions for the 2nd time if just one shot in that game went differently and now Koe is the champion and Menard is 4th. They looked deflated in the bronze game, like they didnt even want to play it.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 74.14.137.72

03-11-14 06:37AM
Unregistered

The calendar boys had a good year. Carter's peel guaranteed him gold, morris gets silver, and mead gets bronze... A gold for brad and EJ

Pretty well sets a precedent if someone really wants to win doesnt it .

2020. Nude Continental Cup ... I predict cold sliding for the older dudes.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.61.129

03-11-14 11:19AM
Unregistered

quote:
So sad Quebec couldnt win that game with Koe. I am sure they would be the Brier Champions for the 2nd time if just one shot in that game went differently and now Koe is the champion and Menard is 4th. They looked deflated in the bronze game, like they didnt even want to play it.

I actually thought it was great that Koe won. They are the better team.
The bronze medal game is a waste of time.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 192.197.71.189

03-11-14 12:10PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Maybe sometime soon the CCA will just put and end to this. Ever since its inception the top guys have spoken out against it and we've repeatedly seen teams either phone in performances or struggle to get going.

They might want to make money but they'll lose respect if their top players cant even hide their feeling about it or put in good games.

or maybe they don't care about the players in any way , who knows.

03-11-14 12:12PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

I actually thought it was great that Koe won. They are the better team.
The bronze medal game is a waste of time.

better team than Quebec? sure, maybe. Best team at the tournament? Cant , with any conviction say they were.They lost to BC 2 of 3 times and only got out of the semi final by the skin of their teeth after a late really by Quebec

03-11-14 12:43PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

better team than Quebec? sure, maybe. Best team at the tournament? Cant , with any conviction say they were.They lost to BC 2 of 3 times and only got out of the semi final by the skin of their teeth after a late really by Quebec

It's when you win, not how many. Been that way since the Brier went to a playoff system.

If you don't agree then we can go with overall records.

AB. 11-3
B.C. 10-3
Man. 10-3
Que. 8-6

03-11-14 12:53PM
Unregistered

Plus their 1st loss against B.C was only their 7th game in the last 2.5 months wit B.C. winning by the "skin of their teeth"

03-11-14 12:55PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

It's when you win, not how many. Been that way since the Brier went to a playoff system.

If you don't agree then we can go with overall records.

AB. 11-3
B.C. 10-3
Man. 10-3
Que. 8-6

They only won more because they had to play more.

03-11-14 01:09PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

They only won more because they had to play more.

I guess they had more chance to lose then???