M: World Senior Curling Championships
Ostersund, SWE
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sat, Apr 27 -- 4:30am ET
CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 10 of 16 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-07-14 12:06PM
Duck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duck Click here to Send Duck a Private Message Find more posts by Duck Add Duck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duck
Swing Artist

Did anyone else just see that Pat removed the rock thrown by Kudog even though it did not hit the boards. I can't believe anyone on the ice didn't catch that lol.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-07-14 12:30PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

I doubt very much that Koe would intentionaly lose any game. But I know from experience that playing a game that means nothing to your team is not easy. You go on the ice thinking you will play as hard as ever but with nothing hanging on the result it can be hard to really bear down. Perhaps the biggest factor bearing on this is that if Koe does lose, and that could happen, there will be a oontingent of fans who will say he threwe the game. I'm guessing he wants to avoid that and that will be enough motivation to get Koe playing his A game.

03-07-14 12:47PM
Squiggsy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Squiggsy Click here to Send Squiggsy a Private Message Find more posts by Squiggsy Add Squiggsy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Squiggsy
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered

Once again you have your facts all wrong. Why do you post?

It was 1993 and it was a 4 way tie for first with all the teams having thesame record. 8-3 BC, Man. N.Ont and Ont. Even thou Peters had a better record against the other 3 playoff teams he can't be given a bye to the final. This would give him a 2 game advantage over 2 teams with the same record.
What they did and was correct they played 2 tiebreaker games to determine seeding for the playoffs.
Howard beat Folk in the final. Peters was so upset by the rule he didn't win another game.
The rule was very clear.

And Peters gave up steals of one in ends 9 and 10 to lose by one in the final tiebreaker to Lang. That might not be a big surprise in today's game, but there was not free guard zone in 1993. In 10 it should have been 7 peels and a hit and stick or draw for the win. If you can't do that at that point, you don't deserve to be the winner.

03-07-14 12:50PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

After that karma pick in the semi between Canada and GBR, I doubt anyone is gonna be throwing any games on purpose. The curling gods will get you!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 208.98.232.36

03-07-14 01:24PM
Deucey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deucey Click here to Send Deucey a Private Message Find more posts by Deucey Add Deucey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deucey
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by dbsdbs
I doubt very much that Koe would intentionaly lose any game. But I know from experience that playing a game that means nothing to your team is not easy. You go on the ice thinking you will play as hard as ever but with nothing hanging on the result it can be hard to really bear down. Perhaps the biggest factor bearing on this is that if Koe does lose, and that could happen, there will be a oontingent of fans who will say he threwe the game. I'm guessing he wants to avoid that and that will be enough motivation to get Koe playing his A game.

It can go either way with the "meaningless" game. I've seen the team who has nothing to gain or lose play actually play better. There's no pressure so they try a few riskier shots and perhaps make'em.

03-07-14 02:04PM
ML

Looks like K. Koe has selected Johnny Mo as his vic in tonite's 1-2 match; let Stoughton do mortal combat with Menard in the 3/4 game!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 216.218.29.221

03-07-14 02:22PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by dbsdbs

There is a contingent of fans on the site who are totally convinced that Eve threw her game at the Olympics. I think winning is too important to these curlers to go out and intentionally throw a bad game. IMHO

03-07-14 02:35PM
Unregistered

No tiebreakers...What a chokejob by Sask.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 66.185.206.110

03-07-14 02:53PM
Unregistered

Another choke from Sask, SUPRISE

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 68.69.221.106

03-07-14 02:58PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Again with this crap about eve throwing the game. Honestly it made absolutely no sense at all for her to do it. Why is it so impossible for people to just accept that she had a bad game?. Eve is not someone who likes to lose, its very clear and she would have known that losing to Denmark would mean a harder path to the final.

Same here. I know there will be those who say kevin threw the game but that would be discrediting how well Quebec played and just writing them off.

Now as for how things ended..Disappointed for New Brunswick, they really came on strong but it was just a little to late. I really thought this team was a dark horse for playoffs but they just started to slow.

03-07-14 03:15PM
Unregistered

And NS finishes 0-11. Yet, people think there shouldn't be a relegation round........ haha. 4-7, 1-10, 0-11 = 5-28 record over 3 years. When you can't compete with the best, you shouldn't be there. Stay home and party instead of using the CCA's money for a 10 day all inclusive vacation.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.222.15.178

03-07-14 03:17PM
Unregistered

I think last year a strong fawn came thru the 3/4 game and eviscerated Gushue, Howard & Stoughton in that order.

That fawn's name - Brad Jacobs!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 216.218.29.221

03-07-14 03:42PM
Unregistered

What in the world happened to Saskatchewan in the 10th? Honestly - I missed the game and don't know. Steal of 3 to lose and miss playoffs!! Mon dieu...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 216.81.54.22

03-07-14 03:52PM
Unregistered

quote:
What in the world happened to Saskatchewan in the 10th? Honestly - I missed the game and don't know. Steal of 3 to lose and miss playoffs!! Mon dieu...

IKR! Up by one with hammer in the final end, how the heck do you lose?!?!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 208.98.232.36

03-07-14 03:55PM
Unregistered

SK had a delicate draw/tap and threw it heavy and slid through the rings for the steal of three ...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 207.229.45.150

03-07-14 04:01PM
Unregistered

quote:
And NS finishes 0-11. Yet, people think there shouldn't be a relegation round........ haha. 4-7, 1-10, 0-11 = 5-28 record over 3 years. When you can't compete with the best, you shouldn't be there. Stay home and party instead of using the CCA's money for a 10 day all inclusive vacation.

its pretty cruel for people to sit here and criticize these guys, they do the best they can.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

03-07-14 04:02PM
Unregistered

does anyone know how BC grabbed 2nd?.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

03-07-14 04:11PM
Unregistered

quote:

its pretty cruel for people to sit here and criticize these guys, they do the best they can.

I don't think the person was criticizing. More like justifying...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.222.163.99

03-07-14 04:22PM
Deucey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deucey Click here to Send Deucey a Private Message Find more posts by Deucey Add Deucey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deucey
Drawmaster

quote:
does anyone know how BC grabbed 2nd?.

AB, BC and Manitoba tied for first. The first tie breaker is head to head record. They were all 1-1.

The next tie breaker is Cumulative Draw Distance. Before each game they draw to the button to determine who gets hammer for that game. They keep track of all of those distances. Who ever has the lowest total for the week wins the tie breaker. Obviously BC and AB had a better distance than MB.

03-07-14 04:29PM
Unregistered

quote:

Bull$&@& the CCA has no regard for the best interests of curling. It is money that drives them, just another faceless corporation. Spending money on useless and boring events like the continental cup instead of protecting the national tradition they were created to. Sad, sad sad.

Who cares if a team goes 0 fer, it is about celebrating our country, our culture and a unique event. But I guess we don't live in a world like that anymore. Show me the money.

On a side note the CCA's relationship with Monsanto, and now DuPont, two of the shadiest corps in the world only reinforces that money trumps every else including integrity for the CCA.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 76.11.76.10

03-07-14 04:33PM
Duck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duck Click here to Send Duck a Private Message Find more posts by Duck Add Duck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duck
Swing Artist

Does anyone know who had the best draw to the button results between NB, SK & NL?

03-07-14 04:45PM
Deucey
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Duck
Does anyone know who had the best draw to the button results between NB, SK & NL?

I was wondering how you were going to figure that out

03-07-14 04:47PM
DBZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DBZ Click here to Send DBZ a Private Message Visit DBZ's homepage! Find more posts by DBZ Add DBZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DBZ
Swing Artist

On the standings page, you can see who won each draw-to-the-button, but not distances. Kind of ironic that, in theory, could lose all of draws, but have the lowest total distance! That said, only suits sitting around the table would not use head-to-head to decide 2nd - 3rd. Went through that with the USCA years ago: 4 teams tied, but since there wasn't a "clear-cut winner" we drew effing cards! Our 3-0 record was not the initial tiebreaker!!!

Betting the Patch, and Canadian curling fans will have a great weekend!!!

03-07-14 05:02PM
Deucey
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Duck

Duck is trying to determine the EXACT standings because it affects our brier pool

I found this on the stats report for draw 17 so I would assume it provides the final standings based on the draw to the button results.

B.C. (Morris) 9 2
Alberta (K Koe) 9 2
Manitoba (Stoughton) 9 2
Quebec (Menard) 7 4
Sask (Laycock) 6 5
NL (Gushue) 6 5
N.B. (Grattan) 6 5
Ontario (Balsdon) 5 6
PEI (MacKenzie) 4 7
NWT/Yukon (J Koe) 3 8
N.Ontario (Currie) 2 9
N.S. (Murphy) 0 11

03-07-14 05:02PM
Duck
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Deucey

I was wondering how you were going to figure that out

First time in 8 years running the pool that this scenario has run out lol. Will have to see if I can get JK or someone to give me the low down.