M: World Senior Curling Championships
Ostersund, SWE
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sat, Apr 27 -- 4:30am ET
CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2015 Scotties Tournament of Hearts

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 5 of 22 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-14-15 03:42PM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

Suggesting this (N. Ont. - NWT) is like a playoff game on the opening draw is a massive overstatement and a disservice to the later worthy teams who will make the playoff. Personally, TSN should be roundly criticized for forcing the country to watch two teams in the relegation division on the opening broadcast. What an idiotic decision to lead off your week-long broadcasts with this game. I've already changed channels.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-14-15 03:43PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

wow, whats going on with TSN. their 2 favorites (homan and jones) are only being featured 3 times through the first 9 draws and jones is only one of those games

02-14-15 04:07PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

2 great run backs by northern ontario there

02-14-15 04:41PM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by rick8end
Suggesting this (N. Ont. - NWT) is like a playoff game on the opening draw is a massive overstatement and a disservice to the later worthy teams who will make the playoff. Personally, TSN should be roundly criticized for forcing the country to watch two teams in the relegation division on the opening broadcast. What an idiotic decision to lead off your week-long broadcasts with this game. I've already changed channels.

What? This is the most interested I've ever been in the first draw. TSN would be foolish to show a different game.

02-14-15 04:52PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Agreed, We'll see enough of those other teams later in the week.

02-14-15 05:49PM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by peteski

What? This is the most interested I've ever been in the first draw. TSN would be foolish to show a different game.

If you're suggesting N.O. vs NWT is the most interesting opening round broadcast game you've ever seen, I've no idea what you've been watching for the last quarter century. Obviously not the STOH.

02-14-15 05:58PM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by rick8end

If you're suggesting N.O. vs NWT is the most interesting opening round broadcast game you've ever seen, I've no idea what you've been watching for the last quarter century. Obviously not the STOH.

Um, no. Use your brain. It's the most interested I've been for a game, not the most interesting game. There is a difference. It is the most interested I've been in an opening game because there is more at stake than there usually is. Why would I really care more about the opening games of a 12 game round robin, particularly when the other options are either mismatches or a game between unlikely contenders?

02-14-15 06:00PM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

I don't understand the thinking of Tracy Horgan at all. After stealing 3 and sitting one rock on the button, she calls for a hit out on the wings; predictably, they whiffed on the shot, setting the table for NT to pick up 3 right back. Good thing NT doesn't know how to call the line on a split and they only gave up 2.

Last edited by johnnysmoke on 02-14-15 at 06:03PM

02-14-15 06:02PM
friendlycanuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for friendlycanuck Click here to Send friendlycanuck a Private Message Find more posts by friendlycanuck Add friendlycanuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
friendlycanuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

With talented Northern Ontario in good shape to win the relegation round and secure the final SToH berth, here are my predictions.

Round Robin
CA (Homan) 10W - 1L
AB (Sweeting) 9W - 2L
MB (Jones) 8W - 3L
NO (Horgan) 6W - 5L
SK (Lawton) 6W - 5L
ON (Hastings) 5W - 6L
NS (Arsenault) 5W - 6L
NL (Strong) 5W - 6L
PEI (Birt) 4W - 7L
QC (Mann) 3W - 8L
NB (Robichaud) 3W - 8L
BC (Knezevic) 2W - 9L

Playoffs
Tiebreaker: NO (Horgan) def. SK (Lawton)

1 v 2 Page playoff game: CA (Homan) def. AB (Sweeting)

3 v 4 Page playoff game: MB (Jones) def. NO (Horgan)

Sat 4pm EST Semifinal: AB (Sweeting) def. MB (Jones)

Sun 3pm EST Bronze Medal: NO (Horgan) def. MB (Jones)

Sun 8pm EST Gold Medal: AB (Sweeting) exacts revenge on CA (Homan)

02-14-15 06:14PM
Sasquatch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sasquatch Click here to Send Sasquatch a Private Message Find more posts by Sasquatch Add Sasquatch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sasquatch
Hitting Paint

So there will be 3 Ontario teams and no Territory teams competing in Moose Jaw.

It was sad to see how obviously heartbroken Kerry was after the loss.

02-14-15 06:16PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

i did feel bad watching kerry crying watching at the end like that. i know someone probably has some smart ass response or cruel reply but it was sad to see. kerry might never have made the playoffs but she was always someone who was good for an upset or two.

on a lighter note. congrats to team horgan for qualifying, they played a good game. Having qualified i definately put them as one of those teams who could upset that predicted final 4 and make the playoffs.

also..what a crazy game between nova scotia and newfoundland

02-14-15 06:42PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

jones

She's not even the best Jones in Scotties history let alone best skip.

02-14-15 07:13PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Jones

Read your own statement. Best in Scotties history, not Olympics. It's all about wins, anything else doesn't matter.

The reason you say this site is 70-30 is because you make 90% of the posts. Just once, admit there are curlers past and present better than the almighty Jennifer Jones. Ask Jennifer how she feels about her 2nd and 3rd place finishes. She'll tell you they are disappointments and not worth counting.

02-14-15 07:37PM
CurlingGeek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingGeek Click here to Send CurlingGeek a Private Message Visit CurlingGeek's homepage! Find more posts by CurlingGeek Add CurlingGeek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

Seems that TSN is covering Homan v. Lawton, so CurlingGeek is going to have:

Ontario (Hastings) vs Manitoba (Jones)

Starting at 7pm CST, 8pm EST here:

https://games.curlinggeek.com/broadcast/62

02-14-15 07:48PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

drivel

again, best in Scotties history, no more, no less.

the end

02-14-15 07:59PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

why does every thread get turned into a who was the best thing. its a debate thats been had on here a million times. personally im done with it.

legend believes JJ is the greatest skip at the scotties

i would rank sandra and colleen ahead of her

but im not going to even try to change his mind and hopefully when you see this legend you wont try and change mine either. lets just respect each others opinions and leave it there

as for the actual scotties i was pretty pleased with the game to open once everyone settled down and could make shots. and it was nice to watch a game between 2 teams without the commentators drooling all over one of them

cheryl was great this afternoon. she's obviously loosened up and even made a couple jokes

02-14-15 08:33PM
freezetothehack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for freezetothehack Click here to Send freezetothehack a Private Message Find more posts by freezetothehack Add freezetothehack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
freezetothehack
Hitting Paint

So much for Russ's 1 - 0 game Can Vs Sask

Could be a short night!

02-14-15 10:20PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Can't find cca stats for first draw. Anyone find them?

02-15-15 07:18AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

saskatchewan actually had a couple of very good chances to get 2 last night generated by great freezes by sherry anderson , its just that stef wasnt able to take advantage a d let rachel off the hook with first rock mistakes. not surprising given her lack of play. if she wants to be there at the end though she will need to improve herself

02-15-15 09:11AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

if i remember correctly the 3 games today are:

alberta v.s nova scotia
newfoundland v.s prince edward island
saskatchewan v.s manitoba

02-15-15 09:21AM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
i did feel bad watching kerry crying watching at the end like that. i know someone probably has some smart ass response or cruel reply but it was sad to see. kerry might never have made the playoffs but she was always someone who was good for an upset or two.

on a lighter note. congrats to team horgan for qualifying, they played a good game. Having qualified i definately put them as one of those teams who could upset that predicted final 4 and make the playoffs.

also..what a crazy game between nova scotia and newfoundland

agree I missed the conclusion of this game Kerry's emotional out poring upon her loss, I suppose making 10 o 11 previous Scotty appearances NOT GOING IS A HARD PILL TO SWALLOW

02-15-15 09:43AM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Good choices - Val vs. Mary-Anne might develop into a mis-match - thus allowing TSN to cover one of the lower tier games for a few ends, allowing them to cover off their commitment to get air-time for every team!

Newf vs. PEI isn't very tantalizing. They should put up a truck so Heather can get herself up for the game!!! lol

yes I am hoping Islander Suzanne Birt puts together a outstanding performance against Strong and her rink from the"Rock" what is so hard for Heather in getting "up" for her game , so she won the 'hot shots" competition besides it is still a team sport right?

02-15-15 11:13AM
nickelcity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nickelcity Click here to Send nickelcity a Private Message Find more posts by nickelcity Add nickelcity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nickelcity
Harvey Hacksmasher

Scotties stats are available here:
http://www.curling.ca/2015scotties-...and-statistics/

02-15-15 12:09PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

if this game proves anything its that ferguson is the weak link on alberta as far as shot making goes

02-15-15 12:47PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Just because she had a weak first game? I don't think so. Dana is a lefty like Val - Val knows how ice her.

Dana may not be the most graceful 2nd at this event but she's a fighter. And don't forget she shed a bunch of tonnage once she realized she was no longer the broom-holder for Val (after Courtney bolted).

If your premise is correct then Jones is the weak link for Manitoba cuz she hurled up a horrid 72% (that's CCA stats, believe me it was more like 65%) and

Courtney is the weakie on Homan cuz she was the only one not in the 90s in their first game!

actually not because of the one game. i have always felt taht about her. if your going to get misses they are most likely to come from her. she is jot as good a shot maker as you would have us all believe. she was the weakest player on the ice in the first game by the way

in every game i have watched of sweeting dana has been making the most mistakes and having the most half shots

Last edited by misty1 on 02-15-15 at 12:50PM