M: World Senior Curling Championships
Ostersund, SWE
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sat, Apr 27 -- 4:30am ET
CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2015 World Women's Curling Championship

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 8 of 25 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-16-15 10:22AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Re: Re: If there is a disappointment team so far , it

quote:
Originally posted by nelsosi

Didn't Sormenen's team fail to win the US nationals? I think Erika Brown won the nationals, but because of the US' bizarre selection process for world events, Sormenen still got the nod as the 'chosen' team?

yeah, thats what happened

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-16-15 10:53AM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

In global curling, haven't we accumulated enough evidence over the years that the 'all-star team' approach is generally inferior to the process of letting teams form and win through natural selection?

03-16-15 11:18AM
Tap Back is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tap Back Click here to Send Tap Back a Private Message Find more posts by Tap Back Add Tap Back to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tap Back
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: surprise so far has to be home team ,Japan

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

I'm a bit concerned for Dawn. Doesn't seem to be hearing any of the information/calls being screamed out. Decompression or acoustics, no idea? Also, Dawn was bickering with Jill on brushing calls (not just this game btw) and gave JJ the wrong brush when she settled in the hack. Those are the things Dr. Wendy should be addressing rather than trying to find homies in the crowd with her Bushnells.

OMG is handing the wrong broom the end of the world?? This bickering is likely nothing but 2 very experienced weight judgers having a different opinion on the weight of a rock. It should commonly happen to top teams many times in a game. ML, you post endlessly about mindless things that are totally insignificant.

03-16-15 12:24PM
Tap Back is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tap Back Click here to Send Tap Back a Private Message Find more posts by Tap Back Add Tap Back to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tap Back
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Re: Re: surprise so far has to be home team ,Japan

quote:

Except they rarely are at odds (ie. bicker) with each other. They're obviously getting different reads on swing and speed. But they'll work it out! They always do!

Getting different reads tells me that the ice is somewhat unpredictable and harder to have confidence judging. Not a big deal as long as both of them don't get the wrong read. The swing judging is not up to them....just weight.

03-16-15 01:25PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Re: If there is a disappointment team so far , it

quote:
Originally posted by sternwheeler
is likely to be Norway team and ofcourse sharing a losing record with the United States at 0 and 5 , you almost have to eliminate these two from further post play at the world's

It has been at least 3 yrs since Norway was at a worlds. After Norbi, no one else seems to have stepped up. Too bad.

03-16-15 01:27PM
jzwanzig is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jzwanzig Click here to Send jzwanzig a Private Message Find more posts by jzwanzig Add jzwanzig to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jzwanzig
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: Re: Sweeping own rock

quote:
Originally posted by murphyj87

I challenge you to find anywhere in the rule book where it is illegal to sweep your own stone.

thanks for the info, murphyj87. You don't need to "challenge" me, it was simply a question for information. Lighten up.

03-16-15 01:31PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

Re: Re: If there is a disappointment team so far , it

quote:
Originally posted by decade

It has been at least 3 yrs since Norway was at a worlds. After Norbi, no one else seems to have stepped up. Too bad.

your right WHO CAN FORGET THE COLORFUL, FLAMBOYANT Dordy Norby , can't remember what was scarier her screaming or her attire ? she left a impression for sure and not a bad curler with a nice touch

03-16-15 06:45PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

Japan are not playing as well as people think, it's only a matter of time when they lose.

03-16-15 06:55PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Stoner
Japan are not playing as well as people think, it's only a matter of time when they lose.

no, they are playing average at best, your right. today in particular the wins over norway and finland were sloppy but thats just important they win. and they might not he making every shot but they are making a lot of key shots to either get out of trouble or finish an end off.

they should be 5-0 right now. skip left about 5 points on the board against switzerland. thats the one game they had where you cant say that.

03-16-15 06:58PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
[B]

Jones might be suffering a tiny bit of separation anxiety with no Isabella and no Brent on site.

My response....
I'm going to go way out on a limb here and suggest that she is not the only mother at the Worlds without her child or her mate. How could you post something so irresponsibly stupid.
OMG man, get a grip of yourself. The less you get criticized the crazier your posts get. And, what the hell does "out of sorts actually mean".

03-16-15 07:06PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

no, they are playing average at best, your right. today in particular the wins over norway and finland were sloppy but thats just important they win. and they might not he making every shot but they are making a lot of key shots to either get out of trouble or finish an end off.

they should be 5-0 right now. skip left about 5 points on the board against switzerland. thats the one game they had where you cant say that.

They also got a fair bit lucky with how poorly the Fins and Norway played. If they keep playing this way, could be hard pressed to make the playoffs. I think the US has a good chance for a win here.

Last edited by Stoner on 03-16-15 at 07:21PM

03-16-15 07:44PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Stoner

They also got a fair bit lucky with how poorly the Fins and Norway played. If they keep playing this way, could be hard pressed to make the playoffs. I think the US has a good chance for a win here.

well as i said they didnt play that great today but they did play better against sweden, switzerland and scotland

they got lucky today, yes but they deserve their record so far

given how the US has been playing they might not need to play any better than they did today but im sure they will

03-16-15 07:56PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

I notice I can't watch reruns via curlzone. Is it available from another source?

03-16-15 08:04PM
mcgregorm89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mcgregorm89 Click here to Send mcgregorm89 a Private Message Find more posts by mcgregorm89 Add mcgregorm89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mcgregorm89
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
I notice I can't watch reruns via curlzone. Is it available from another source?

Yeah even the WCF youtube page won't let you replay the videos, it's out of our region. Possibly the tsn website or go app if you can access that.

03-16-15 08:33PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

well as i said they didnt play that great today but they did play better against sweden, switzerland and scotland

they got lucky today, yes but they deserve their record so far

given how the US has been playing they might not need to play any better than they did today but im sure they will

I know the US had not been playing well, but they played better vs. Germany, they changed positions with the skip now throwing 3rd, and moving the 3rd to 4th rocks, it improved them.

03-16-15 08:39PM
mcgregorm89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mcgregorm89 Click here to Send mcgregorm89 a Private Message Find more posts by mcgregorm89 Add mcgregorm89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mcgregorm89
Swing Artist

quote:

The Mighty Russian girls will be tested by La Petite Owl, Alina Paetz of Switzerland tonite! If the Russians curl like they did vs. Jones Paetz will hurt them badly. However, I don't see that happening - Anna in an extra!

This Swiss team has been a surprise but it's good to see that the Swiss have more than one team they can send to the world events unlike most countries. The same constant teams at these events gets a little boring. A lot of talent out of Switzerland from both the men and women.

03-16-15 09:18PM
murphyj87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for murphyj87 Click here to Send murphyj87 a Private Message Visit murphyj87's homepage! Find more posts by murphyj87 Add murphyj87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
murphyj87
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by mcgregorm89

Yeah even the WCF youtube page won't let you replay the videos, it's out of our region. Possibly the tsn website or go app if you can access that.

Use of a proxy server outside of Canada will allow WCF youtube videos to be seen in Canada.

03-16-15 09:47PM
mcgregorm89
Swing Artist

quote:

I really like how the Swiss sent Mirjam Ott, a legendary swiss skip to coach their team. To me, Mirjam was the breakthrough curler/team that took the Swiss into the curling stratosphere. . . . . probably the second deepest curling nation, after Canada.

I know USA will argue they have more clubs and more teams but I'm talking elite teams. The Swiss have four or five - even without Ott.

Yeah Switzerland probably is the second deepest, but if you look at the European tour they have most of the stops and their teams do well.

03-16-15 09:56PM
mcgregorm89
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
i noticed that in the Pomeray 4 ender bonspiel if i tried to "watch live" on cz. i could hear but not see... went to google. " youtube curlingzone " and it worked perfect

we were watching on ipads btw

World curling tv usually allows you to watch replays in Canada, this is the first time I've seen it not available in Canada.

03-16-15 10:29PM
mcgregorm89
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by murphyj87

Use of a proxy server outside of Canada will allow WCF youtube videos to be seen in Canada.

Just did the proxy server and it works on YouTube now.

03-16-15 11:07PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

well japan drops a second game. ogasawara continued to struggle. will need to get it back on track fast

germany meanwhile wins 3rd straight. if they can beat denmark then they become playoff contenders for sure.

china drops 3 in a row and russia drops their 2nd in a row with japan up next.

03-16-15 11:13PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Japan gets their inevitable loss if they kept playing the same, and they did, the skip and 3rd were quite substandard, the US played about how they did vs. Germany and won because of it, Sormunen though has been quite bad, even though I did officially pick Japan here I felt the loss was quite possible. Germany keep rolling over a poor Norway. The Swiss surprise Russia a bit, I think Russia got too confident after beating Sweden, or they could hardly believe it and that's why they haven't played as well since. Sweden get their expected win over China.

Last edited by Stoner on 03-16-15 at 11:18PM

03-16-15 11:47PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:

Prytz (Sweden) inevitably rebounds well after a clunker.
Thought Anna would contest Switzerland a bit better but she's still probably moping after Jennifer thrashed her.
Wonder which Jennifer will show up tonite vs. Sormunen?

btw - TSN indeed has 3 announcers for this tourney. Russ, Victor + of course, JJ does a lot of her own play-by-play - she's very descriptive of all the possibilities!

Sweden played outstanding vs. China, have probably finally found their form.

03-17-15 12:25AM
Par is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Par Click here to Send Par a Private Message Find more posts by Par Add Par to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Par
Swing Artist

Sweden

I haven't seen this Swedish team play very much, but in virtually every game I've seen them play, they've suffered brain-cramps at crucial moments. This has cost them some very important games.

I figure they must keep it together better when I'm not watching, otherwise they never could have made it this far.

I'm also thinking it might be a good idea for one of the other teams to hire me to go to major events and watch Sweden.

03-17-15 12:26AM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:

I think Sweden can even afford one more loss. 4 losses should still get 3rd or 4th - a tie-breaker for sure!

They don't want to be in a TB again, they lost it last year. They had 3 losses, which were only good enough for a TB, so 4 is not an option. I think the top 4 will be the Swiss, Canada, Scotland and Sweden now, Russia looks to be slipping.

Last edited by Stoner on 03-17-15 at 12:46AM