SUI (Rueetschi-Schlegel) Final
SCO (Kennedy) (7)
M: Mexican Mixed Doubles Championship
Vancouver, CAN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Apr 27 -- 9:00am PT
Quin/Abre 5th
Pere/Cohe  Watch Live Curling!
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2015 World Women's Curling Championship

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 6 of 25 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-15-15 09:35PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by peteski

Russ is just a complimentary sort of guy. Seems like a weird thing to be upset about.

but his comments are always directed to only one team. your job as a commentator is to be unbiased and he is not

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-15-15 09:48PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Pssst - misty - they're only broadcasting Canadian games (until the playoffs)

im aware of that but, again as a commentator your supposed to be impartial

03-15-15 09:48PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

Stones are really flying out there with not a lot of weight.

03-15-15 09:49PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

scotland sure rebounded well tonight.

03-15-15 09:51PM
Western Newbie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Western Newbie Click here to Send Western Newbie a Private Message Find more posts by Western Newbie Add Western Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Western Newbie
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Stoner

Well it could be when Officer has not been making those peels, so just to make one again is pretty good news.

Jill seems to be limping a bit. Hurt after her fall yesterday?

Time to turn this off. Not worth the time tonight.

03-15-15 09:55PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

Did Jill mean to remove her own guard, cause I though Jen said good, I mean Jill did wobble there, was it because she may be hurt?

03-15-15 09:58PM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

but his comments are always directed to only one team. your job as a commentator is to be unbiased and he is not

I'll agree to disagree. I think Russ is very complimentary of many of the other players (Eve Muirhead, for example). And he seems to regularly make excuses for misses on either team. As I say, I think it's just his nature.

03-15-15 10:04PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:

She probably damaged something and its starting to get sore! Right now she's bravely fighting off the pain! As for the wobbles - she's a big 'un - probably the biggest curler at the competition - other than Margareta Sigfriddson

Or the wobbling could be because of the pain.

03-15-15 10:12PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

while jill is curling great today i think its a little premature to say she is back. lets see what she does against russia and following games

03-15-15 10:16PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

great try by sijia to burry there. she has picked up her level in this back half

03-15-15 10:26PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

really wish i could watch the russia and canada game but i am not waking up at 5 in the morning to do so

03-15-15 10:26PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Did you see the graphic they put up had the wrong flags for the nation's names, like they had the Swiss flag next to Canada, don't know how they messed that up.

Russ' comment that China would do better if the ice was straighter, well it speaks for itself.

Better ice proves that Canada can indeed play well, Jen being much better today, but Kait has been their best all along, even when the ice was crap she was still making tough/good shots.

Last edited by Stoner on 03-15-15 at 10:29PM

03-15-15 10:30PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Did you see the graphic they put up had the wrong flags for the nation's names, like they had the Swiss flag next to Canada, don't know how they messed that up.

Russ' comment that China would do better if the ice was straighter, well it speaks for itself.

Better ice proves that Canada can indeed play well, Jen being much better today, but Kait has been their best all along, even when the ice was crap she was still making tough/good shots.

i dont agree with that. dawn has been the strongest on the team by far

03-15-15 10:32PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:

i dont agree with that. dawn has been the strongest on the team by far

Ok, maybe she has % wise, but her shots aren't as difficult as the ones that Kait has to make, so you can make a case that they are at least tied, if not put Kait slightly ahead since her shots are more important and are under more pressure.

Last edited by Stoner on 03-15-15 at 10:35PM

03-15-15 10:36PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

The Danes had the Swiss, but it looks like it's not going to end that way, basically eliminating them.

03-15-15 10:44PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

I think there may be 2 different set's of percentages, it seems like the ones on the official site are different than the TV numbers.

03-15-15 10:51PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Last rock for the Danes in 10, they score 2 to win and stay alive for sure, big win for them obv.

03-15-15 11:00PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Session ends with Germany over Finland, I thought Finland might take this, but with the new ice it's a new game.

03-15-15 11:03PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
I think there may be 2 different set's of percentages, it seems like the ones on the official site are different than the TV numbers.

All the percentages are 20-25 % higher than they should be. If you need something to do while watching the game, score it yourself. You will see what I mean. The scoring is generous to make the players better than they are.

03-15-15 11:04PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Session ends with Germany over Finland, I thought Finland might take this, but with the new ice it's a new game.

germans played out a very unusual 10th end. up 2 and the skip had to draw 4 foot to cut finland down.

its night and day between daniela and andrea. whereas andrea assembled a team who was best in a hitting game daniela and her team have strength in the draw and soft weight shot game.

03-15-15 11:06PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by guido

All the percentages are 20-25 % higher than they should be. If you need something to do while watching the game, score it yourself. You will see what I mean. The scoring is generous to make the players better than they are.

I don't think so, the %'s have been quite low.

03-15-15 11:09PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:

germans played out a very unusual 10th end. up 2 and the skip had to draw 4 foot to cut finland down.

its night and day between daniela and andrea. whereas andrea assembled a team who was best in a hitting game daniela and her team have strength in the draw and soft weight shot game.

Finns ended up stealing 1 even with the Germans strong draw game anyway, but it wasn't enough.

03-15-15 11:11PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

The US of course are pretty much out now, only mathematically do they have a chance, hopefully they will be back, as they show a lot of promise.

03-15-15 11:56PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
misty - how do you think Homan or Sweeting (the other two royalties in Canadian womens curling) would have fared at this years worlds?

my thoughts - Homan just brutalizes and terrorizes fields with her team intensity and hitting acumen. Backed up by now fearless short game I think she'd easily finish 8-3 or 9-2 and certainly be around for the playoffs.

Same with Sweeting. Not quite as sure afoot as Homan but very strong on the tee - her strategy isn't as reckless as Jones, quietly Val has become a very skilled shot-smith. While she has a very solid front end (like Jones and/or Homan) her problem occurs at third where Lori Olson-Johns is a solid team presence and non-panicky vice but nowhere near the shot-maker of either Miskew or Lawes.

That said - Val's more conservative game might work better than Jones all-risk/all-in game at the worlds - she'd go 7-4 or 8-3.....and qualify!

I can only imagine what Jones would do if her team somehow ended up with a trashbin record of 4-7 or 5-6 at this year's event.

I would agree with what you say about Homan if it wasn't this years team, I just think the change for them was too much to overcome, they will hopefully be better next year, but I'm not sure Courtney works for them.

03-16-15 12:07AM
Loony is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Loony Click here to Send Loony a Private Message Find more posts by Loony Add Loony to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Loony
Swing Artist

quote:

Funny, I haven't seen one complaint from you about Russ' commentary when he's drooling over the Homan team as he did all through the Briar. Your disdain for the Jennifer and her team is as tedious as Legend's idiot rantings.