SUI (Rueetschi-Schlegel) Final
SCO (Kennedy) (7)
M: Mexican Mixed Doubles Championship
Vancouver, CAN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 2 -- Fri, Apr 26 -- 6:00pm PT
Serr/Tomp Final
Quin/Abre (7) Watch Live Curling!
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2015 World Women's Curling Championship

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 20 of 25 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-21-15 12:06AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Stoner

Yes, but look, some nations only have maybe 1 rep anyway like China, Canada are spoiled with really good teams, so really we need to look past that sort of thing, like I said save it for the tour and the TOH, but once a team has won the TOH we should acknowledge that and support them at the Worlds no matter what.

But maybe you aren't like that, is it that you just like the game itself more than anything, but you do seem to like teams, or is it teams that curl well, if it is then Jones does curl well, or is the type of game they play you don't like?

you hit it. i love the game itself in a way that nationality really doesnt matter to me. as for what teams i like sometimes its demeanor, sometimes its the way they play, sometimes its a combination, sometimes its th3 game style they play.

im not really sure why i dont like watching jones but i never have

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-21-15 12:11AM
Par89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Par89 Find more posts by Par89 Add Par89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Par89
Swing Artist

What's wrong with hoping that the team who beat TC twice already doesn't lose the final? If it weren't for page system, they would have their gold medal.

03-21-15 12:14AM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

you hit it. i love the game itself in a way that nationality really doesnt matter to me. as for what teams i like sometimes its demeanor, sometimes its the way they play, sometimes its a combination, sometimes its th3 game style they play.

im not really sure why i dont like watching jones but i never have

Well maybe you should not look at it for this event that it's team Jones, intstead it's team Canada, but if you aren't like that then fine.

03-21-15 12:19AM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
I think a lot of curling fans have figured out Jones is pretty much running on fumes.

The Curling Zone pick 'em has Sidorova as a 52 to 48% favourite for the semi-final and that's with Jones entering the game with an 9-3 record vs. Anna's 8-4 record.

By 6am this morning I suspect both of them will be at 9-4 with Anna moving on to confront Alina in the final.....

Frankly, I think Anna probably gives Alina a better contest than Jones would!

But I still hope JJ rallies. Somehow, someway. Just don't have my hopes up too high.

No, you are in the minority who are thinking that.

Is trolling team Jones all you do.

You say that you think Anna will win, but then say you hope Jen will win only to try and make it look like you actually are pulling for them, sad.

The RR records mean squat now, it's how they perform in these games is what matters, and the fact is team Jones performs very well in them.

03-21-15 12:23AM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Now it's 54% Jones to 46% Anna.

03-21-15 12:50AM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Switched back to 51% Anna, 49% Jones.

03-21-15 01:44AM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

No live broadcast in USA so just watched replay of 1 v 2. Seemed like neither team was real sharp -- lots of missed opportunities on both sides. I was surprised that Swiss skip's percentages were as high as were reported. I don't see either team as a big favorite if there is a rematch for the title.

03-21-15 01:54AM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Jones is leading again with 53% to 47%.

03-21-15 02:50AM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

What a load of negative crap in this place.

JJ is probably the best team in Canada. We have 3 top-tier teams in our country, all of whom could have been strong representatives this week.

JJ and team played fairly well in the semi-final, and lost to a team who made a few more shots at the right times. That can happen to anybody.

Here's what we do know. JJ is not "running on fumes." This is a team that has looked anywhere from average to spectacular this week. They are capable of beating anybody in the world.

This team rarely loses back-to-back games. And if Canada can keep that streak alive and make it to the final, Switzerland will have had to beat them three times to win the event. If they do that, they will be absolutely full credit for a deserved World title.

And this is the exact same path that led JJ to her world title in 2008. Lost to China in the RR, lost again in the 1-2 game, then a way to beat them in the final.

Sidorova had a great game vs. Scotland, but Scotland played quite poorly. Russia was never in trouble, or even chasing, that entire game.

I'll be cheering for Canada in the semi-final, but regardless of the result, I'll know that JJ was our best shot at a world title this year, and that the team will have done everything in their power to bring their best performance this week. They always do.

03-21-15 02:51AM
Hack Weight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hack Weight Click here to Send Hack Weight a Private Message Find more posts by Hack Weight Add Hack Weight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hack Weight
Hitting Paint

This reminds me of a younger sibling beating an older sibling at some activity for a while, but eventually, the older sibling (Canada) stops laughing and beats the younger (and clearly inferior) sibling in the end.

Canada is the best team out of the 3 remaining (I don't think it's even close), but obviously haven't been at their Olympic level at this tournament. I still expect them to soundly beat Russia and I expect them to beat Switzerland (who have been curling very well) in the final.

03-21-15 03:05AM
Loony is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Loony Click here to Send Loony a Private Message Find more posts by Loony Add Loony to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Loony
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by doubletakeout
What a load of negative crap in this place.

[snip]

I'll be cheering for Canada in the semi-final, but regardless of the result, I'll know that JJ was our best shot at a world title this year, and that the team will have done everything in their power to bring their best performance this week. They always do.

Spot on doubletakeout (and Hack Weight).

03-21-15 04:30AM
Hack Weight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hack Weight Click here to Send Hack Weight a Private Message Find more posts by Hack Weight Add Hack Weight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hack Weight
Hitting Paint

quote:

if canada wins im happy but it doesnt make a bad canadian to cheer for others. just like the part of me that likes a good underdog story and like to cheer for the little guy doesnt make me a bad canadian when i cheer for slovakia in hockey even over canada.

If I was defining 'bad Canadian', one of the tests would be "Does this person cheer for other nations against Canada in international sporting events".

Too bad those friendly, underdog Slovaks didn't stop Canada from winning Olympic hockey gold. For your sake, hopefully the playful Russians can beat Canada in the semi-finals. Or if not, maybe the lovable Swiss will dispatch those loathsome Canadians in the final.

On a side-note, I imagine the people making decision about the material for the curling sheet's border at the Worlds had a conversation like this:

Person 1: we need some type of material for the curling sheet border.
Person 2: hmm.. how about an extremely dense foam which will rapidly propel any curling rocks that contact it?
Person 1: excellent.

03-21-15 04:37AM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

From the commentary so far, I take it nobody is watching the game.

03-21-15 05:20AM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Hack Weight

If I was defining 'bad Canadian', one of the tests would be "Does this person cheer for other nations against Canada in international sporting events".

This is ridiculous. Why anyone cares if a Canadian is not cheering for a Canadian team at a World Championship is beyond me. How insecure do you have to be? It's a curling game. Cheer for whoever you want and don't take it so seriously that it bothers you if someone cheers against that team.

03-21-15 06:21AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

well the game is over. russia didnt put up much of a challenge as i knew they wouldnt.

so now canada gets a 3rd crack at switzerland.

03-21-15 06:48AM
BurnedStone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BurnedStone Click here to Send BurnedStone a Private Message Find more posts by BurnedStone Add BurnedStone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BurnedStone
Harvey Hacksmasher

Smile

Better watch your back Patz, Jones is back in sorts

03-21-15 07:00AM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Stoner

No, you are in the minority who are thinking that.

Is trolling team Jones all you do.

You say that you think Anna will win, but then say you hope Jen will win only to try and make it look like you actually are pulling for them, sad.

The RR records mean squat now, it's how they perform in these games is what matters, and the fact is team Jones performs very well in them.

Yep, this guy not only doesn't support Team Canada, he doesn't support a team from his own province. sad, sad, sad...

03-21-15 07:10AM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

sometimes the "back door" is the only way..

quote:
well the game is over. russia didnt put up much of a challenge as i knew they wouldnt.

so now canada gets a 3rd crack at switzerland.

It appears J.J. could get her opportunity to settle a score against them Swiss , nobody wrote this 'script' just the way it is

03-21-15 07:14AM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

And Scotland gets to settle a score with bronze medalist Russia for, ....wait for it. The bronze medal! Let the hate-on for the bronze medal begin again...

03-21-15 08:12AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

hopefully switzerland can cap off a great week here with a gold. They have been the best team here all week and just need to cap it off in the final

hopefully nerves stay away from them

03-21-15 08:56AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
if brains were dynamite, you wouldnt have enuf to blow your nose

too bad a few can ruin something fun

oh yeah, god forbid i want the team that has been the best all week to win the event

what are you people going to do? harrass and bully me until i think the way you do

i agree though. its to bad certain people like you make it hard to come on here

i will cheer for whoever i damn well please and people on here dont like it or think im anti-canadian to bad. this is a curling forum not the canadian curling forum

Last edited by misty1 on 03-21-15 at 09:06AM

03-21-15 09:19AM
Maritime99 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maritime99 Click here to Send Maritime99 a Private Message Find more posts by Maritime99 Add Maritime99 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maritime99
Harvey Hacksmasher

Misty1, I'm with you on this one. I have never and will never cheer for Team Jones.

03-21-15 09:21AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Maritime99
Misty1, I'm with you on this one. I have never and will never cheer for Team Jones.

well it just pisses me off that people come on here and tell me basically that im wrong for cheering for who i want to cheer for.

not everyone obviously , like you. but some people

i see no problem with wanting the team thats been the best and most consistant all week with being rewarded at the end for their play

03-21-15 09:43AM
murphyj87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for murphyj87 Click here to Send murphyj87 a Private Message Visit murphyj87's homepage! Find more posts by murphyj87 Add murphyj87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
murphyj87
Swing Artist

quote:

well it just pisses me off that people come on here and tell me basically that im wrong for cheering for who i want to cheer for.

not everyone obviously , like you. but some people

I wonder how many of those griping with who you cheer for actually cheer for American NHL, MLB, and NBA teams over Canadian NHL, MLB, and NBA teams.

03-21-15 10:59AM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

too bad both teams cannot do the

"ole fashioned " way BY MEANS OF a coin toss to decide who has hammer in first end.....lets hope M.L. that J.J. doesn't fall in the scenario you had mentioned...."giving up a deuce early" and playing catch up ?