Rose Final
Bliven (6) Watch Live Curling!
M: Mexican Mixed Doubles Championship
Vancouver, CAN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 6 -- Sun, Apr 28 -- 9:30am PT
Pere/Cohe Final
Quin/Abre (7)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2015 World Women's Curling Championship

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 12 of 25 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-18-15 06:19PM
Tap Back is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tap Back Click here to Send Tap Back a Private Message Find more posts by Tap Back Add Tap Back to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tap Back
Super Rockchucker

Breaking News from ML!!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

By the way I don't claim to be a so-called expert in curling strategy.....

You heard it first here folks. So if that is true then the previous 8509 posts must be all BS.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-18-15 08:03PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:

And almost everyone knows you're one of the most repugnant human-haters posting on this site. I generally ignore your hateful posts but every so often I have to remind decent curling fans of your tendency to hate. By the way I don't claim to be a so-called expert in curling strategy like yourself that have amassed those 4th place ribbons curling in the Hydro league!!!

There is nothing decent about you. The hate comes from you every day whether you understand it or not. Your posts about top woman curlers in general are famous for their level of distaste. In fact, I'm surprised someone hasn't taken you up on this in person at whatever curling venue you choose to set foot in.

I don't know why this site allows you to continue to slander Jones and team on here this week as they make a decent run at another world title. I really don't get it, you bring NOTHING to the table. This has been going on for years.

Last edited by Nine Ender on 03-19-15 at 12:15AM

03-18-15 08:19PM
mcgregorm89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mcgregorm89 Click here to Send mcgregorm89 a Private Message Find more posts by mcgregorm89 Add mcgregorm89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mcgregorm89
Swing Artist

quote:

And almost everyone knows you're one of the most repugnant human-haters posting on this site. I generally ignore your hateful posts but every so often I have to remind decent curling fans of your tendency to hate. By the way I don't claim to be a so-called expert in curling strategy like yourself that have amassed those 4th place ribbons curling in the Hydro league!!!

You would think a website full of curlers, talking about curling would have some manners and follow etiquette just like the game it's self.

03-18-15 08:25PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by mcgregorm89

You would think a website full of curlers, talking about curling would have some manners and follow etiquette just like the game it's self.

here here welcome news for some.... the same practice as "on the ice" etiquette should reflect off the ice as on this curling website to express opinions and this not happen

03-18-15 08:31PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

what an escape for canada in the first end

got really lucky not to give 3 or 4 there

03-18-15 08:36PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

he is excessive but he has a point that they are not playing great and to be honest its a little shocking that jen hasnt gotten into form yet. they are 7-2 but havent looked good for a large number of those wins.

i know its all about peaking at the right time but i think it should be a little concerning that jen herself has never at any time looked consistantly confidant this week.

it wouldnt surprise me if she still won but its going to come ugly if it does and she still looks far more vulnerable here than i have ever seen her at a worlds...well with the exception of paisley

This kind of commentary seems to come up at almost every major event. Jones wins a lot of events. Nobody wins all events. They remain my pick to win. You can claim that Canada isn't playing well but I defy you to objectively look at any other team and make a true case that they've had a smoother, more consistent week.

This forum has disintegrated into a pool of negativity concerning the team. It's totally undeserved. They've dominated several Scottie events, won an Olympic Gold, and Jones herself was the last Canadian World winner. The margin of victory in any event can often be very small, no matter how you play. What you do is get into the playoffs and give it your best effort. Jones has looked much worse in at least one Scotties RR that she won.

If you want to talk about teams just not getting it done so far in the RR, try talking about Sweden ( who could easily be eliminated by Scotland ) or the US. If you want to talk inconsistency, try Russia or Scotland.

But the negativity concerning Team Canada needs to stop. They've already been successful. If they win again, just further confirmation what a great team they are. And I really don't know what some of you think they are watching, because they've been fine on the ice. Not a dynamo, those may no longer exist as a certain degree of parity has developed. Can they win again ? Sure they can.

03-18-15 08:38PM
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by mcgregorm89

Manitoba Legend has been disrespecting woman curlers on this site for years. A good start to improving this site would be to just ban him, he's ignored the subtle warnings from the site owner on commenting on woman's curling.

03-18-15 08:43PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Looks like Team USA is starting to bond and work together. I think Monica Walker is going to be a superstar (USA Curling anyways) and it doesn't hurt she looks like Laura Crocker's older twin sister.

USA will avoid relegation which is a good thing for North American curling.

you get way to excited about people way to quickly

Last edited by misty1 on 03-18-15 at 08:46PM

03-18-15 08:43PM
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Anyways, lets get back on curling talk, despite that troll's persistent attempt to derail this thread (and the site for that matter).

Jones first end represents all that is wrong. There is absolutely no one, male or female that would have played out the end the way JJ did and let Germany have a solid chance at four.

In the hands of a master (Ott, Homan, Sweeting, etc.) that's a 4-spot. With someone like Dreindl Jones managed another heist of 1.

So the fact Jones has aggressive strategy can be made to work against her - but only if the opposing skip completes the process - and takes advantage of Team Jones numerous gaffes.

The level of delusion with which you operate on this site suggest is very telling. If we want to discuss a "troll", we need to look at your post count, frequency of themes, and whether we can characterize them as negative in nature or not.

The way you operate on here is you seem to believe this is your own personal blog where you can post demeaning and insulting themes about woman's teams without fear of penalty.

You should be banned. Period. Obviously, the site owner disagrees, but I doubt that anyone on Team Jones would ever post here or read this ****, and we can thank no one other then you for that reality.

Last edited by Nine Ender on 03-18-15 at 08:55PM

03-18-15 08:44PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Nine Ender

This kind of commentary seems to come up at almost every major event. Jones wins a lot of events. Nobody wins all events. They remain my pick to win. You can claim that Canada isn't playing well but I defy you to objectively look at any other team and make a true case that they've had a smoother, more consistent week.

This forum has disintegrated into a pool of negativity concerning the team. It's totally undeserved. They've dominated several Scottie events, won an Olympic Gold, and Jones herself was the last Canadian World winner. The margin of victory in any event can often be very small, no matter how you play. What you do is get into the playoffs and give it your best effort. Jones has looked much worse in at least one Scotties RR that she won.

If you want to talk about teams just not getting it done so far in the RR, try talking about Sweden ( who could easily be eliminated by Scotland ) or the US. If you want to talk inconsistency, try Russia or Scotland.

But the negativity concerning Team Canada needs to stop. They've already been successful. If they win again, just further confirmation what a great team they are. And I really don't know what some of you think they are watching, because they've been fine on the ice. Not a dynamo, those may no longer exist as a certain degree of parity has developed. Can they win again ? Sure they can.

people are allowed to have opinions whether you like it or not . you coming on her and bitching because people post their opinions is whats getting annoying.

i didnt post anything super negative or critical either. it was an observation regarding team canada

and if you payed attention you would have seen that i have already commented on how everyone seems to be struggling

Last edited by misty1 on 03-18-15 at 08:47PM

03-18-15 08:52PM
NSCoach is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NSCoach Click here to Send NSCoach a Private Message Find more posts by NSCoach Add NSCoach to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NSCoach
Harvey Hacksmasher

Both teams have dodged a large multi-score this game so far

03-18-15 08:58PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Lots of rough spots, sure. I kinda like her on-ice demeanour and solid focus. USA Curling coaches sure took notice and demoted Sormunen (their initial skip) to 3rd and then took her off the ice completely (for a couple games anyways)

Also, is this Walker's first trip to an international event?

im not sure, it might be.

i agree, she has great on ice demeanor but that far from qualifies her from being labeled a future superstar

03-18-15 09:18PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

I'm not talking her up as the next Homan, Jones or Sweeting but she certainly looks to be USA Curling's rising star!

cory christensen is the big hope of the future for the US.

germany ahead at the break

03-18-15 09:18PM
NSCoach is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NSCoach Click here to Send NSCoach a Private Message Find more posts by NSCoach Add NSCoach to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NSCoach
Harvey Hacksmasher

Jennifer has been hugely short on draws with her first stone twice in this game followed by a heavy draw with her second shot down virtually the identical path ... difference in rocks perhaps

03-18-15 09:24PM
Claire Marie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Claire Marie Click here to Send Claire Marie a Private Message Find more posts by Claire Marie Add Claire Marie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Claire Marie
Harvey Hacksmasher

Jones team trying terribly hard to lose this game as well lol. The "shine" of those gold medals is quickly rubbing off. Shot making is pretty bad.

03-18-15 09:36PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

huge draw to save from the german skip on her last.

03-18-15 11:27PM
ngm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ngm Click here to Send ngm a Private Message Find more posts by ngm Add ngm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ngm
Swing Artist

quote:
Still hope for the 4 loss teams (like Eve Muirhead)

...and Sweden.

Also known as the Monsters from a few posts up who will Torment Bambi Fawn JJ in the playoffs.

If, of course, they actually make the playoffs.

Then they'll be monsters! Watch for them to torment! Torment, I say!!!

And did I say Bambi?

03-19-15 12:09AM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

Jennifer just seems panicked and frightened out there. In the extra end she's yelling like crazy for them to sweep Dawn's tick rock and it doesn't even touch the Germany stone. I really don't know what's going on. She doesn't even seem to know the weight she's thrown after releasing the rock. I'll be cheering for JJ of course, but after watching tonight's sad performance and some other recent games, she's an underdog to win this thing.

It can't be the ice every game. Where is the curling rink that torched Scotland earlier this week? They've been their normal sharp selves for really only one game all week. Man, are they ever off form (other than Dawn of course).

03-19-15 12:47AM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

Japan should be eliminated by Canada. Denmark should beat Norway. I pick Sweden to send Scotland packing, hard to believe one of these teams will probably miss the playoffs. Russia will win over Finland and give their playoff chances a huge boost.

Last edited by Stoner on 03-19-15 at 01:02AM

03-19-15 12:58AM
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by rick8end
Jennifer just seems panicked and frightened out there. In the extra end she's yelling like crazy for them to sweep Dawn's tick rock and it doesn't even touch the Germany stone. I really don't know what's going on. She doesn't even seem to know the weight she's thrown after releasing the rock. I'll be cheering for JJ of course, but after watching tonight's sad performance and some other recent games, she's an underdog to win this thing.

It can't be the ice every game. Where is the curling rink that torched Scotland earlier this week? They've been their normal sharp selves for really only one game all week. Man, are they ever off form (other than Dawn of course).

Canada is the clear favorite, they may only play new teams in the playoffs. Some of you are looking for weak play and not noticing that nobodies playing better then they are really, and their experience gives them an edge on most teams beyond Scotland and Sweden. Both those teams are in a deep hole, at least one out in the RR and other may burn out trying to basically defeat everyone to win this thing.

Very good chance for Gold for Canada.

03-19-15 01:11AM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

Switzerland have been a bit surprising, I thought they would be in the hunt to make playoffs, but not finish 1st, well quite a bit of this event has been surprising with Sweden and Scotland not up to their usual standard. China are the biggest surprise considering they are ranked 44th.

Last edited by Stoner on 03-19-15 at 01:19AM

03-19-15 01:12AM
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
That said - Val's more conservative game might work better than Jones all-risk/all-in game at the worlds - she'd go 7-4 or 8-3.....and qualify!

I can only imagine what Jones would do if her team somehow ended up with a trashbin record of 4-7 or 5-6 at this year's event.

Last edited by Nine Ender on 03-19-15 at 01:45AM

03-19-15 01:47AM
abbeyslane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for abbeyslane Click here to Send abbeyslane a Private Message Find more posts by abbeyslane Add abbeyslane to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
abbeyslane
Harvey Hacksmasher

Let's face it Jennifer personally has never played great herself at the worlds with the exception perhaps being the one they won (2008?) she's always struggled. Remember the great collapse of 2010 in Swift Current. Rest of team was brilliant!

Is Dawn pregnant? Looks like a bit of a baby bump forming. Maybe just angles

Last comment and I'll duck from ML rapid fire after I post, Jen really needs a hair makeover ,
Count to 10 ML, While I'm not a fan there is no question nor debate that she is an extremely talented and smart curler

03-19-15 01:55AM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Nine Ender

Really? A pool of negativity? I don't see it. How many threads do there have to be discussing the best women's teams of all time where everyone agrees Jones is top five?

But the reason they're under more scrutiny than other teams is obvious; they're the only Canadian team in the event and they are the favourite. Their expectations are higher so people are more critical. And, you have to admit they haven't been as good as they were even at the Scotties, no? I agree with you they're still the favourite (as would most people here, by the way), but they can definitely play better.

And, how has Switzerland not had a smoother, more consistent week?

Last edited by peteski on 03-19-15 at 03:40AM

03-19-15 02:03AM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by abbeyslane
Let's face it Jennifer personally has never played great herself at the worlds with the exception perhaps being the one they won (2008?) she's always struggled. Remember the great collapse of 2010 in Swift Current. Rest of team was brilliant!

Is Dawn pregnant? Looks like a bit of a baby bump forming. Maybe just angles

Last comment and I'll duck from ML rapid fire after I post, Jen really needs a hair makeover ,
Count to 10 ML, While I'm not a fan there is no question nor debate that she is an extremely talented and smart curler

Let's face it, Jen has played better than you think, she is right there with the best skips.