CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
M: European Curling Championships C-Division
Dumfries, SCO
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: W1 -- Sun, Apr 28 -- 7:00pm GMT

Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2016 Scotties Tournament of Hearts

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 8 of 23 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-22-16 06:20PM
JB42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB42 Click here to Send JB42 a Private Message Find more posts by JB42 Add JB42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB42
Drawmaster

If McCarville was allowed to shoot know there is a triple for "A thousand" in Jen speak.

On second look, triple ain't there

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-22-16 06:33PM
maybo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maybo Visit maybo's homepage! Find more posts by maybo Add maybo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maybo
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by JB42
Decade.....

Really? Why? I become an admirer after attending the STOH in Montreal where she impressed me with her game calling and her shot making.

Amen. I became a fan for life when she went out of her way in Montreal to befriend a wheel-chair-bound fan when it would have been easy to pass by with just an wave and a smile. I've never met her and likely never will, but I think Chelsea is a class a act. Intense and driven? Sure. Fine with me. And I think it's her year...

02-22-16 06:44PM
maybo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maybo Visit maybo's homepage! Find more posts by maybo Add maybo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maybo
Hitting Paint

Trying to follow as best I can from the other side of the world. Thanks, all, for the updates. Ready to crash once this goes final as it's almost 7am here..t

Last edited by maybo on 02-22-16 at 06:56PM

02-22-16 06:53PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

Kendra Lilly and Ashley Sippala are going to have to curl better going forward for NO to make the final

Charley Thomas gets a A+ from me in the coaching department.. Better and more useful than 90% of the coaches I have seen or heard at Scotties and Briers the last few years

02-22-16 07:02PM
milobloom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for milobloom Click here to Send milobloom a Private Message Visit milobloom's homepage! Find more posts by milobloom Add milobloom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
milobloom
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by blid
i love all these comments bashing Brian Mudryk and i couldnt agree more. The guy is clueless and extremely repetitive. put StephLD up in the booth as the colour and let Brian do the updates.... its painful to listen to

And for all the other comments. I have just letters...

PVR

I watch most curling on FF. Highly recommended.

02-22-16 07:15PM
chinabar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chinabar Find more posts by chinabar Add chinabar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chinabar
Harvey Hacksmasher

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rock Your World
McCarville has ignored every one of Lillys suggestions.. And someone in this thread said Lilly was a up and coming rising star.. Really? She is dead last in 3rd stones shooting percentages. [/QUOTEE I observed same thing except. Mcarville does listen to her for some unknown reason. Lilly is strategically poor and should concentrate on throwing her stones instead of up standing her skip every second shot, same goes for front end calling every shot from the far end of the sheet.

02-22-16 07:54PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Preview of Gold Medal Game

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
In all likelihood

Alberta vs North Ontario final

Based on first 4 games of round-robin . . . .

Jones still lurks and you can't write off Sask'n, Manitoba or Quebec but smart money is on the AB vs. NO

Jones really has to pick herself off the heap and put together a nice run or she'll be nail-bitin' for a tie-break spot.

quebec started with 2 great wins but sadly lost to 2 teams then that they shouldnt have. with the losses 2 newfoundland and british columbia she put her playoff hopes in serious doubt. she now has to beat 2 of the 4 pre-tournament favorites and win every other game.

Last edited by misty1 on 02-22-16 at 08:02PM

02-22-16 08:44PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

im getting tired of vic complaining about teams blanking the first end. why is it an issue. as long as they dont run up and down the ice forever. there's no problem blanking the first end , there is a strategy of blanking to take hammer into even ends and there are mens teams who do it.however i doubt we will here vic mention it at the brier because, apparently its only an issue when the women do it

Last edited by misty1 on 02-22-16 at 08:58PM

02-22-16 08:56PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

It seems teams are doing it to get their ice legs and get a feel for the ice. I think the issue raised is that they waste 20% (each team on average has hammer 5 times) of the game where they could get points.

Last edited by Ajay on 02-22-16 at 09:02PM

02-22-16 09:10PM
Cosss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cosss Click here to Send Cosss a Private Message Find more posts by Cosss Add Cosss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cosss
Hitting Paint

Gotta love Russ Howard! After playing and being a fan of the game for a "couple" of years I finally heard a curling phrase from a commentator that I never heard before. When asked if control weight was better in some instances, Russ says, "no doubt about it.....you are hitting a circle with a circle, so sometimes less weight is better." Nicely done Russ.

02-22-16 09:17PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

Interesting Jolene Campbell telling Steph Ledrew a bunch of front enders in Sask turning down invitations to curl with her and Ashley.. And being told no by sponsors.. Guess front enders in the province of Saskatchewan didn't have confidence in a back end of Campbell/Howard

02-22-16 09:30PM
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

I like that Suzanne Birt is more louder and more vocal in her line calling and telling sweepers to sweep she is not as meek and timid as she was in the past..

02-22-16 09:48PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Need new rule.... If rock obviously picks, should be allowed re throw. Any seconders?

02-22-16 09:50PM
Miz5508 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Miz5508 Click here to Send Miz5508 a Private Message Find more posts by Miz5508 Add Miz5508 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Miz5508
Harvey Hacksmasher

So I'm watching the live stream of the Carey match and it's bugging me that I don't understand the lingo that they use for calling weight after/before the stone is thrown. On that last shot where Carey came up short and gave up the steal of 1 she said "one hundred" to her sweepers. I've also heard them call for "105-115" also lower numbers. All definitely not in the zone set of numbers for house location or split times (both back to hog or hog to hog). Can someone explain this to me while not making me feel stupid??

02-22-16 10:00PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Miz5508
So I'm watching the live stream of the Carey match and it's bugging me that I don't understand the lingo that they use for calling weight after/before the stone is thrown. On that last shot where Carey came up short and gave up the steal of 1 she said "one hundred" to her sweepers. I've also heard them call for "105-115" also lower numbers. All definitely not in the zone set of numbers for house location or split times (both back to hog or hog to hog). Can someone explain this to me while not making me feel stupid??

100 is 4.00 from backline to hog. 95 is 3.95. comprende?

02-22-16 10:08PM
Miz5508 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Miz5508 Click here to Send Miz5508 a Private Message Find more posts by Miz5508 Add Miz5508 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Miz5508
Harvey Hacksmasher

Cool! Thanks. I thought it had to be short time related somehow.

02-22-16 10:10PM
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
Need new rule.... If rock obviously picks, should be allowed re throw. Any seconders?

Yes and on the rethrow Einarson would throw the runback double which she should have thrown in the 1st place

02-22-16 10:20PM
TNH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TNH Click here to Send TNH a Private Message Find more posts by TNH Add TNH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TNH
Hitting Paint

Anyone here have experience with how long it takes for a team to go back to two person sweeping from one person directional sweeping with hair?

It seems watching STOH that the ladies, both brushers and line callers, are being surprised that they can't make the rocks move like they want. I thought I'd see them simply switch back to the style they all grew up with, but that is not what I'm noticing. So why not go back to what they know?

Thanks all.

02-22-16 10:20PM
curlingmad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingmad Click here to Send curlingmad a Private Message Find more posts by curlingmad Add curlingmad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingmad
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by guido
Chances are slim, but we can always hope. What happens if Team Canada gets relegated?

Hey, another thought... what happens if ON finishes last... can you imagine Homan playing in relegation. Not sure what brainchild came up with this relegation.

02-22-16 10:29PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

PE (Birt) giving AB a game...good to see. PE might be the most underrated team here.

02-22-16 10:42PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Saskatchewan curling is very territorial. No shortage of quality club curlers so it comes as a surprise Howard & Jolene had a difficult time finding curlers. Of course, Howard is not a proven commodity in curling - YET!

That's why Michelle "Ridgeway" Englot is still in high demand even at 54. Same with 53 yr old Anderson. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Amber Holland tries another comeback - she's barely into her 40s.

Kristy McDonald has retired and Michelle Englot will be skipping her Manitoba team.

2016-17 Michelle Englot,Kate Cameron,Leslie Wilson-Westcott, Raunora Westcott

02-22-16 10:48PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Poor Hanna - looks like she doesn't know what hit her!

However, she's a bounce-back person - won't contend but won't be relegated either - she was feeble in her last STOH - but closed hard, won a pair of tie-breakers and came within a quarter inch of toppling the mighty Jones for gold.

I predict 3-8 or 4-7

Gee in the pre stoh analysis thread you predicted Hanna would be 3 or 4 or at worst in a tie breaker. Then again hindsight is always 50-50.

02-22-16 11:31PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Didn't know she'd be so susceptible to fawns! Her Scotties experience will boil down to her much touted re-match with Jennifer Jones. Talk about two skips totally out of sorts!

Looks like the fawns are showing the Old does how to curl....

02-22-16 11:32PM
Gerry is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Originally posted by TNH
Anyone here have experience with how long it takes for a team to go back to two person sweeping from one person directional sweeping with hair?

It seems watching STOH that the ladies, both brushers and line callers, are being surprised that they can't make the rocks move like they want. I thought I'd see them simply switch back to the style they all grew up with, but that is not what I'm noticing. So why not go back to what they know?

Thanks all.

One sweeper with regular synthetics is still better than two sweepers on line. It's just not quite as effective as it is with the hair or directional fabric.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

02-22-16 11:44PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Great game by both skips. One bad call in the 10th cost Birt.