M: World Senior Curling Championships
Ostersund, SWE
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sat, Apr 27 -- 4:30am ET
CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2016 Scotties Tournament of Hearts

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 23 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-17-16 07:43AM
blid is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blid Click here to Send blid a Private Message Find more posts by blid Add blid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blid
Knee-Slider

Nobody is giving Stacie Curtis enough credit in my opinion, last time she was at the Scotties she was plagued with foot problems, not even being able to get her shoe on at one point, if this team plays like the did to knock of Heather Strong twice easily, they'll be dangerous

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-17-16 09:10AM
kwojtalik is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kwojtalik Click here to Send kwojtalik a Private Message Find more posts by kwojtalik Add kwojtalik to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kwojtalik
Hitting Paint

Go Tirinzoni

02-17-16 09:45AM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Thumbs up Agree

quote:
Originally posted by blid
Nobody is giving Stacie Curtis enough credit in my opinion, last time she was at the Scotties she was plagued with foot problems, not even being able to get her shoe on at one point, if this team plays like the did to knock off Heather Strong twice easily, they'll be dangerous

Anybody thinking this STOH is a shoo-in for you know who
will join you know who in some nice surprises

Some of these first appearances teams have solid (modern) curling skills
They will give it their all...
rising to the Top..is always easier than staying there

Go Curtis, Brothers, Campbell, Thompson..

Can't wait to see Krista McCarville ...
she is the Top skip at this thing.. just needs the Team to roll with her savvy calls..

02-17-16 02:54PM
ShiningBowie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ShiningBowie Click here to Send ShiningBowie a Private Message Find more posts by ShiningBowie Add ShiningBowie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ShiningBowie
Harvey Hacksmasher

Am I correct in my understanding that the relegation round is not being televised at all until the first draw of the main event?

02-17-16 07:42PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by ShiningBowie
Am I correct in my understanding that the relegation round is not being televised at all until the first draw of the main event?

That's correct. Although curlinggeek.com will cover some relegation round games starting tomorrow night

02-17-16 07:54PM
kwojtalik is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kwojtalik Click here to Send kwojtalik a Private Message Find more posts by kwojtalik Add kwojtalik to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kwojtalik
Hitting Paint

good to know

02-18-16 11:22AM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Finally.. we get started

Thursday, February 18

7:00pm MT Pre-Qual Round #1 (Sheet C NU vs. BC, Sheet D NT vs. YT)

02-18-16 04:26PM
CurlingGeek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingGeek Click here to Send CurlingGeek a Private Message Visit CurlingGeek's homepage! Find more posts by CurlingGeek Add CurlingGeek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

We'll have pretty good coverage of the pre-qualifiers on CurlingGeek. Tune in for Nunavat vs BC at 7pm Mountain tonight:

https://games.curlinggeek.com/broadcast/693

02-18-16 04:27PM
Par is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Par Click here to Send Par a Private Message Find more posts by Par Add Par to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Par
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by CurlingGeek
We'll have pretty good coverage of the pre-qualifiers on CurlingGeek. Tune in for Nunavat vs BC at 7pm Mountain tonight:

Great news! Thank you very much.

02-18-16 06:21PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by CurlingGeek

I hope BC goes easy on them..

02-18-16 10:30PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

NU is showing BC that they should not be underestimated

02-19-16 12:07AM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

BC's line up

During the BC Scotties they had the following lineup
Kamloops Curling Club

Skip: Karla Thompson
Third: Kristen Recksiedler
Second: Tracey Lavery
Lead: Trysta Vandale
------------------------
but the WCT site and CZ show Tracey Lavery at the third position...
anyone know which is correct?

02-19-16 12:30AM
ShiningBowie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ShiningBowie Click here to Send ShiningBowie a Private Message Find more posts by ShiningBowie Add ShiningBowie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ShiningBowie
Harvey Hacksmasher

The official box score at the Scotties website has Lavery throwing second stones.

02-19-16 12:39AM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

Re: BC's line up

quote:
Originally posted by HotRocks
During the BC Scotties they had the following lineup
Kamloops Curling Club

Skip: Karla Thompson
Third: Kristen Recksiedler
Second: Tracey Lavery
Lead: Trysta Vandale
------------------------
but the WCT site and CZ show Tracey Lavery at the third position...
anyone know which is correct?

Recksiedler at 3rd, Lavery at 2nd. Likely changed lineup at some point mid-season.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

02-19-16 03:56AM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

Interesting field here. You have to make Jones the favourite, although this year reminds me a bit of the last time Homan didn't qualify and that was the year Jones lost in the semi on a measure to Heather Nedohin, who of course went on to win the final. In short, you never know who's gonna come up big, and without Homan or Sweeting or Lawton, some team is going to get a major opportunity here.

My pick to be that team is Northern Ontario. McCarville's team has won just about every event they played this year. Now, none of those events had Jones, Homan or Sweeting, but a couple of them did have Chelsea Carey and a couple other teams at this year's Scotties. Not to mention the fact that they beat Tracy Fleury in three straight games at playdowns. No easy feat.

I would certainly expect Carey's Alberta squad to make the playoffs, and if Carey is sharp, there is no reason they couldn't win it.

Assuming these three teams make the playoffs there will be quite the battle for the final spot. I could see any of PEI, Nova Scotia, Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba or Saskatchewan managing to pull it out. I don't think a 6-5 playoff team is out of the question. My best guess would be Manitoba or Ontario and just to make a pick, I'll go with Jenn Hanna to grab the last spot.

One last note: Nunavut's win over BC could really make a mess of the pre-qualifier (again). What if Galusha manages to win her other two games and everything else goes according to form. You'll have three teams at 1-2 with no tiebreaker games. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, but we'll see.

02-19-16 07:20AM
ott-am is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ott-am Click here to Send ott-am a Private Message Find more posts by ott-am Add ott-am to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ott-am
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by peteski

One last note: Nunavut's win over BC could really make a mess of the pre-qualifier (again). What if Galusha manages to win her other two games and everything else goes according to form. You'll have three teams at 1-2 with no tiebreaker games. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, but we'll see. [/B]

The draw has a slot for a possible TB on Saturday morning. If your scenario comes true, I assume they would rank the 1-2 teams according to the shootouts, and the best two 1-2 teams would play off in order to determine who would play in the game to qualify for the main event.

02-19-16 07:56AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

well, im sure no one saw that coming. My pick out of relegation from the start was Galusha but id always assumed she'd be facing BC in that final game

02-19-16 08:27AM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

While NU did play well, BC didn't. It might have been a case of underestimating your opponent. Should make the pre-qual interesting.

02-19-16 08:32AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

That was a surprising outcome for all of us (NU over BC) but a thrilling outcome for NU Curling. Historic. It could be like the European countries of many years ago, that found very little competition but practised and practised and practised and then PRESTO! Stars on the world stage - am thinking Sweden. No they will not WIN the Scotties, but to WIN or be considered to win Relegation is HUGE for such a new entry to the national curling scene. THIS is my kind of thrill.

*I hope they at least make the front page of the Iqaluit Sports Page for that win.

Last edited by nelski on 02-19-16 at 08:35AM

02-19-16 08:46AM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by ott-am

The draw has a slot for a possible TB on Saturday morning. If your scenario comes true, I assume they would rank the 1-2 teams according to the shootouts, and the best two 1-2 teams would play off in order to determine who would play in the game to qualify for the main event.

You are probably right. I was just going by last year. Still would be a bit of a mess.

02-19-16 09:49AM
kwojtalik
Hitting Paint

what time is the pre-qualifier game this morning and will a curling geek be covering this game?

02-19-16 10:39AM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

todays Pre- Qual MT

Friday, February 19

7:30 AM Pre-Qual Rnd #2 (Sheet A BC vs. YT, Sheet B NU vs. NT)

2:00 PM Ford Hot Shots Preliminary Round

4:20 PM Pre-Qual Rnd #3 (Sheet C YT vs. NU, Sheet D BC vs. NT)

Geek CLibrarian said last night she would be back this afternoon

02-19-16 11:07AM
Par is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Par Click here to Send Par a Private Message Find more posts by Par Add Par to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Par
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by peteski
Nunavut's win over BC could really make a mess of the pre-qualifier (again). What if Galusha manages to win her other two games and everything else goes according to form. You'll have three teams at 1-2 with no tiebreaker games. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, but we'll see.

If Galusha wins her other two games, then NWT would be 3-0, and no matter what else happens, they would go on to the main draw.

Everybody else would have at least one loss so there would be no need for tie-breakers.

I don't understand: What would be messy about this?

Or am I missing something important?

Last edited by Par on 02-19-16 at 11:09AM

02-19-16 11:22AM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Par

If Galusha wins her other two games, then NWT would be 3-0, and no matter what else happens, they would go on to the main draw.

Everybody else would have at least one loss so there would be no need for tie-breakers.

I think if a team goes 3-0 they are still forced to play a "Championship" game against the best 2nd place team. Does anybody know if this is true or not?

02-19-16 11:23AM
ott-am is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ott-am Click here to Send ott-am a Private Message Find more posts by ott-am Add ott-am to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ott-am
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Par

Unless they have changed the format, the top two teams in the PQ will play to qualify for the main draw during the first Scotties draw on Saturday. So, they have to determine the 2nd place team in order to play the 1st place team. Isn't that the case?