CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
M: European Curling Championships C-Division
Dumfries, SCO
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: W1 -- Sun, Apr 28 -- 7:00pm GMT

Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2016 Scotties Tournament of Hearts

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 21 of 23 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-28-16 12:13PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
How coincidental. First I thought it unique that four Briar champions had daughters curling at this Scotties on different teams. And then to see that the four girls just happened to make up the second all star team.

WOW! Very Cool. Thanks Ajay.

Skip Chelsea Carey, Alberta (84 per cent) (Dan Carey) (Peters team)
Third Ashley Howard, Saskatchewan (84 per cent) (Russ Howard)
Second Liz Fyfe, Manitoba (87 per cent) (Vic Peters)
Lead Sarah Potts, Northern Ontario (87 per cent) (Rick Lang)(Tetley and Hackner teams)

Last edited by nelski on 02-28-16 at 12:18PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-28-16 12:19PM
bearbells is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bearbells Click here to Send bearbells a Private Message Find more posts by bearbells Add bearbells to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bearbells
Harvey Hacksmasher

Northern Ontario

Guess the talk will stop now, about team McCarville playing at the "lesser" tour events.They have proven all the pundits wrong. What a run.

02-28-16 01:00PM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
Dino , not to be nosey , but every Saturday night or just Saturday in February in leap year ?

Ha Ha.
You would be amazed. Spontaneity is your best friend.
Next time I am on a scaffold eight stories up I will think, "I wonder just how old Fresca thinks I am?"

Have a great day. Go Northern Ontario.

02-28-16 02:34PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Re: NEXT Generation..

quote:
Originally posted by HotRocks
[
Well done Suzanne Birt on many many great shots by you and your new Team..
[/B]

Robyn Green aka McPhee, is hardly "new". She has dropped in and out of Birt's teams for many years now.

02-28-16 02:44PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

I may have watched 2 of the best womens games of all time in this years Scotties.
PEI vs AB. Both teams played very well.
AB vs Can semi final. Beat game ever by a whole team

02-28-16 03:50PM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
Dino. - i will have a better guess as to your age when i see who switches to the Academy Awards an hour into the final

If you are up 8 stories and you are not totally enclosed in a boardroom you are 30 and braver than me

didnt know that there were 8 storey buildings in Saskatchewan... you work at K1 or K2 mineshafts in Esterhazy ?

Not Esterhazy.
Rocanville, Agrium, Cory and BHP Jansen. Might be coming to the Buffalo province in the next month. Fingers crossed.

If the game is a blowout I probably won't stick, but honestly, no interest in the Oscars.

From what I have seen of these two teams it should not be a blowout. Here's to a good game.

02-28-16 03:50PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

there was a post here where someone mentioned that kevin said he wouldnt be surprised if team jones made a change this off season. i cant see that happening. i think this team is together until 2018 and then thats it

02-28-16 04:02PM
NLcurlingguy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NLcurlingguy Click here to Send NLcurlingguy a Private Message Find more posts by NLcurlingguy Add NLcurlingguy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NLcurlingguy
Harvey Hacksmasher

And as I sit here watching the first end of the bronze medal game, Cheryl Bernard comments on how good Team Jones played all week and when considering that, and the various great team stats of the week, it is hard after last nights loss to look at anything to change. My question would have to be, why would they even bother? Why not just call it a tough game and a couple of key shots missed...because that is exactly what it was. Despite the fact that Russ and Cheryl think that Team Jones dropped in from Mount Olympus to plat this years STOH, they are still just four human beings that are prone to losing like every other successful team out there. Further, it has been eleven years since 2005 and The Shot, and it might be simply that this team has run its course. Happens all the time. When teams sit at the top, there are always teams coming behind to knock them off the hill. Perhaps Team Jones are in that tumble now. I bet changes come after this next Olympic cycle.

Team Jones have an awesome record but when they do not make the final, why does there have to be some kind of complicated analogy to it. They simply lost. Ask Homan...they will say the same thing.

02-28-16 04:10PM
JB42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB42 Click here to Send JB42 a Private Message Find more posts by JB42 Add JB42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB42
Drawmaster

Nicely balanced comments Curling guy

02-28-16 04:48PM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by NLcurlingguy
And as I sit here watching the first end of the bronze medal game, Cheryl Bernard comments on how good Team Jones played all week and when considering that, and the various great team stats of the week, it is hard after last nights loss to look at anything to change. My question would have to be, why would they even bother? Why not just call it a tough game and a couple of key shots missed...because that is exactly what it was. Despite the fact that Russ and Cheryl think that Team Jones dropped in from Mount Olympus to plat this years STOH, they are still just four human beings that are prone to losing like every other successful team out there. Further, it has been eleven years since 2005 and The Shot, and it might be simply that this team has run its course. Happens all the time. When teams sit at the top, there are always teams coming behind to knock them off the hill. Perhaps Team Jones are in that tumble now. I bet changes come after this next Olympic cycle.

Team Jones have an awesome record but when they do not make the final, why does there have to be some kind of complicated analogy to it. They simply lost. Ask Homan...they will say the same thing.

Agreed.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

02-28-16 05:03PM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Robyn Green

quote:
Originally posted by decade
Robyn Green aka McPhee, is hardly "new". She has dropped in and out of Birt's teams for many years now.

Suzanne Birt has a new front end ..
Robyn has not played for her since 2011 when she was at second...

02-28-16 05:58PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

No medal for JJ this year, I hope I am wrong but...I think not.

02-28-16 06:04PM
Western Newbie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Western Newbie Click here to Send Western Newbie a Private Message Find more posts by Western Newbie Add Western Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Western Newbie
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
No medal for JJ this year, I hope I am wrong but...I think not.

Is she playing that badly? I can't watch. Just line scores. Her percentages look awful, but the team as a whole is better than Einerson

02-28-16 06:06PM
TNH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TNH Click here to Send TNH a Private Message Find more posts by TNH Add TNH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TNH
Hitting Paint

Don't three players on that team have pre-schoolers? Hope they bronze, but if not they have had an amazing year. Though they may not think so for a while. It must be incredibly hard for a professional athlete to balance career and family and Team Jones has 3 of them!

I see it is 7-6 so it's not over yet ...

02-28-16 06:12PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by TNH
Don't three players on that team have pre-schoolers? ...It must be incredibly hard for a professional athlete to balance career and family! ...

It is hard for the dad's too, I would think. Is it harder for the women to deal with this? From the beginning, elite curlers have been in their child-rearing years... men and women. Pregnancy interferes sometimes, but child rearing, not as much. GO!

02-28-16 07:23PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Thanks to Dawn, Jill & a bit of Katelyn, she squeaked out a win...

02-28-16 07:35PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

What's with this Alberta / Canada game on tv?

02-28-16 07:59PM
NLcurlingguy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NLcurlingguy Click here to Send NLcurlingguy a Private Message Find more posts by NLcurlingguy Add NLcurlingguy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NLcurlingguy
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
What's with this Alberta / Canada game on tv?

Looks like they were looking to fill an hour before the big game.

Contrary to speculation, this Scotties was excellent. Yesterday's two games that McCarrville won were outstanding. As I live in NO, I was rooting for McCarrville, but for that crew to come back and steal both games was electrifying. Who says there is no drama in curling. Following last nights win, I wanted to do a cartwheel and ten years ago, I might have attempted it...

Looking forward to tonight's final.......

02-28-16 08:00PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by NLcurlingguy

i agree completely. but in all sports there is a natural tendency to look for a reason as to why a team or athlete thats been at the top of the sport is suddenly losing and not doing as well as they usually are.or when they dont do as well as expected there is always something big made of it

02-28-16 08:53PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

It sounded like Vic Rauter and Brian Mudryk said Laine Peters is the only curler in this game that has played in a finals before.. Umm what about Amy Nixon who was in the finals in 2008? How could they not know this lol

02-28-16 08:55PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Rock Your World
It sounded like Vic Rauter and Brian Mudryk said Laine Peters is the only curler in this game that has played in a finals before.. Umm what about Amy Nixon who was in the finals in 2008? How could they not know this lol

kind of shocking the things they forget..and its not even that long ago

02-28-16 09:28PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

There it is..More proof the best only want to play with the best.. So Chelsea Carey was the only skip Amy Nixon would consider playing with once Heather Nedohin stepped down.. Anything a bit more inferior than Chelsea and it wasn't worth Amy Nixons time

02-28-16 10:21PM
NLcurlingguy
Harvey Hacksmasher

Before the 7th starts, with the force in 6, McCarrville has an opportunity to gain control.

02-28-16 10:41PM
NLcurlingguy
Harvey Hacksmasher

7th over......big deuce by McCarrville.....two outstanding draws. Kudos to both teams......Must be tough to be the parents in the stands.

02-28-16 10:55PM
tlkcurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tlkcurler Find more posts by tlkcurler Add tlkcurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tlkcurler
Harvey Hacksmasher

I think NO front end needs to quit the chatter. Shot was called, shooter in the hack agreeing with skips call and then they interfere putting the negative "what if" into the shooters head.