Johnson Final
Holme (8)
M: Mexican Mixed Doubles Championship
Vancouver, CAN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 2 -- Fri, Apr 26 -- 6:00pm PT
Serr/Tomp Final
Quin/Abre (7) Watch Live Curling!
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2017 Scotties Tournament of Hearts

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 11 of 12 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-26-17 10:45PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Lisa comes through on her first. Not so much on her second

Last edited by guido on 02-26-17 at 10:48PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-26-17 10:51PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Kate a little lucky Emma didn't punish hr guard placement there.guad for your life if you Manitoba.granted what they are guarding isn't great

02-26-17 10:53PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Englot misses the guard. Really tough now

02-26-17 10:55PM
Sasquatch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sasquatch Click here to Send Sasquatch a Private Message Find more posts by Sasquatch Add Sasquatch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sasquatch
Hitting Paint

They NEEDED to make Rachel draw. She'll make any short run back or hit and stick. I would be playing the hit and roll on the centre yellow stone.

02-26-17 10:57PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Really nice last draw by Michele there

02-26-17 10:57PM
Sasquatch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sasquatch Click here to Send Sasquatch a Private Message Find more posts by Sasquatch Add Sasquatch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sasquatch
Hitting Paint

Rachel has so many shots that it might make her over think this. She should play the short run.

02-26-17 10:59PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Gutted for manitoba and northern Ontario , gutted for Michelle and Krista . finally was great but that's just a tough loss and a tough loss for northern ontario earlier.

Really would have liked seeing Michele lift that trophy.
This was, realistically her last sot

Last edited by misty1 on 02-26-17 at 11:02PM

02-26-17 10:59PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Wink

Congrats Ont. Class of the field all week

02-26-17 11:00PM
Sasquatch
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
Gutted for manitoba and northern Ontario , gutted for Michelle and Krista .

Same

02-26-17 11:00PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Rachel got to make her favourite shot to win the game...third time's a charm.

Joanne played really well.

02-26-17 11:01PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

Canada`s BEST team is our rep.

02-26-17 11:01PM
Sasquatch
Hitting Paint

quote:
Englot misses the guard. Really tough now

That was the nail in the coffin. I like Manitoba's odds if they force Rachel to draw against that stone that was top 4 foot.

02-26-17 11:02PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
Rachel got to make her favourite shot to win the game...third time's a charm.

Joanne played really well.

She may have. But her missed peel in the tenth just about cost them.

02-26-17 11:03PM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

Best team won. By definition Team Homan is the best team in Canada. Hi-Ho, off to the World's they go.

02-26-17 11:06PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by guido
Congrats Ont. Class of the field all week

Were the really? They lost to Manitoba twice so I'm not sure how you can make that statement. Manitoba and them were pretty even ,it took them 3 tries to get by and even then only just.

02-26-17 11:07PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

This game proves that percentages mean nothing. It`s what shots you make. Homan outshot Englot by 15%. Close game because Englot made the right ones.

02-26-17 11:08PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Sasquatch

That was the nail in the coffin. I like Manitoba's odds if they force Rachel to draw against that stone that was top 4 foot.

If she made the guard I think you would have seen Rachel try and draw to sit shot other wise she would have most likely been drawing against 2 on her last and she wouldn't have liked that

02-26-17 11:09PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Were the really? They lost to Manitoba twice so I'm not sure how you can make that statement. Manitoba and them were pretty even ,it took them 3 tries to get by and even then only just.

I guess the winky face was missed by you??

02-26-17 11:12PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Usually they show the medal presentations, instead we get aimless rambling about the Scotties from Vic.

02-26-17 11:13PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by guido

I guess the winky face was missed by you??

Actually, yes . I'm on a tablet right now and its acting up and didn't display that.

Sorry if I'm sounding bitter but I was so much hoping for michele tonight. She more than likely won't get another chance and Rachel will have many more years at the top and many more chances to win.

But , really congrats to them , they will be great reps and congrats to you as a fan. Happy for you and all their fans

Overall this final day jus leads a bad feeling on me given tis result and what happened earlier with krista and northern Ontario.

02-26-17 11:15PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Actually, yes . I'm on a tablet right now and its acting up and didn't display that.

Sorry if I'm sounding bitter but I was so much hoping for michele tonight. She more than likely won't get another chance and Rachel will have many more years at the top and many more chances to win.

But , really congrats to them , they will be great reps and congrats to you as a fan. Happy for you and all their fans

Can you do me a favour and click on my profile? Any profile I click on comes up as "dollarman"
Apologies to those that consider this non-curling.

02-26-17 11:18PM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

quote:

Pressure makes diamonds. Team Homan won the only game that was a true 'must win' between them and Manitoba. Simply put Rachel made more big shots then Michelle did tonight. Both were great but Michelle faced much tougher shots tonight then she did in the other two games. There is a reason Team Homan is #1 ranked in the world. Quite happy our best chance for world gold is moving forward.

02-26-17 11:39PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:

World ranking and previous results confirm they are the best team regardless of whether they won this game or not. The fact they pulled it out just added to their stellar record. Curling is not designed for any one team to dominate all events and games.

The criticism of Team Homan on this site gets silly, from the "too aggressive" thread to the pointless "make Rachel draw" ideas, etc etc. Seriously now, this is a great team who play like the top men's teams do and have pushed the envelope on what women are capable of. The stat on Rachel being the youngest ( easily ) to win three Scotties tells the story, look at all the legends on the list.

Both teams can be proud of their effort it was one of the best woman's finals I've ever seen. Somebody had to lose.

02-26-17 11:58PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Nine Ender

World ranking and previous results confirm they are the best team regardless of whether they won this game or not. The fact they pulled it out just added to their stellar record. Curling is not designed for any one team to dominate all events and games.

The criticism of Team Homan on this site gets silly, from the "too aggressive" thread to the pointless "make Rachel draw" ideas, etc etc. Seriously now, this is a great team who play like the top men's teams do and have pushed the envelope on what women are capable of. The stat on Rachel being the youngest ( easily ) to win three Scotties tells the story, look at all the legends on the list.

Both teams can be proud of their effort it was one of the best woman's finals I've ever seen. Somebody had to lose.

Well said. Although, I do remember enjoying a closely battled final a few years back when Sask won. Both were great games.Last years was also a great one.

02-27-17 12:10AM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

The way this game evolved it might as well have been determined by a coin toss, it was that close. A quarter inch on a number of different shots and the outcome could have been different. Excellent game.