M: World Senior Curling Championships
Ostersund, SWE
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sat, Apr 27 -- 4:30am ET
CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 24 of 30 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-07-15 10:52PM
Par is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Par Click here to Send Par a Private Message Find more posts by Par Add Par to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Par
Swing Artist

If anybody ever says, "I never missed the broom," or "I never called the wrong shot," I ALWAYS believe him. Don't you? ;-)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-07-15 10:58PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

The longer this game goes on the less confident I am either one of these teams can beat Jacobs tomorrow.. Pat Simmons doesn't even look or make eye contact or ask Earle Morris for his opinion during timeouts lol

03-07-15 10:58PM
Par is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Par Click here to Send Par a Private Message Find more posts by Par Add Par to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Par
Swing Artist

easy prey

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Either one gonna be easy prey for Jacobs!

famous last words: "easy prey"

03-07-15 11:01PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Goo must be curling around 35% ends 6 thru 9.

Classic Johnny Mo forgetting to sweep Goo's errant rock out - gives Goo an extra point in 9 he didn't deserve!

Brad Jacobs must just be salivating at the thought of dissecting either of these clunks

you realize that just because they are having these misses now doesnt mean they will tomorrow right

03-07-15 11:05PM
mcgregorm89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mcgregorm89 Click here to Send mcgregorm89 a Private Message Find more posts by mcgregorm89 Add mcgregorm89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mcgregorm89
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Gerry

As for Brier Prize Money, it has gone up:
1st: $75,000
2nd: $55,000
3rd: $45,000
4th: $35,000

Yeah Tsn put that up right after I posted but does Tim Hortons still pay curlers to wear their logo or has this changed?

03-07-15 11:07PM
mcgregorm89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mcgregorm89 Click here to Send mcgregorm89 a Private Message Find more posts by mcgregorm89 Add mcgregorm89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mcgregorm89
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
you guys post like these guys curl .... crowd is full of wavers and drunks ...

Cause your so good. Watching them on TV while sitting on an Internet forum.

03-07-15 11:11PM
Claire Marie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Claire Marie Click here to Send Claire Marie a Private Message Find more posts by Claire Marie Add Claire Marie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Claire Marie
Harvey Hacksmasher

As poorly as this game is being played tonight, Jacobs is still going to have to be on his game tomorrow to give us all a good show....and to win! It ain't over til it's over, and strange things can happen in a final.

03-07-15 11:21PM
mcgregorm89
Swing Artist

That sucks for Gushue will he ever get his Brier. But a pretty good crowd on hand tonight kind of loud but good to see after lousy early attendance numbers.

03-07-15 11:27PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

I can understand why Simmons would be tiring of John Morris -- his misses and his second guessing - but not sure why he seems to be shutting out Earl Morris as well?

03-07-15 11:27PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

that really sucks for brad. honestly you do wonder if he ever will get one. this year has been his best year on tour by far, if he was ever going to you would have said this year and yet here we are.

and you also really wonder just how up for the game he will be tomorrow. will he come out as flat as menard did last year against jeff.

jacobs will not have it easy at all . simmons and the team are pumped and they ran with jacobs all the way in the round robin until the final 2 ends. think they will have a great shot

if they do win again you do wonder if john and carter will stick with it another year since i know both intended to step back this year

03-07-15 11:30PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by dbsdbs
I can understand why Simmons would be tiring of John Morris -- his misses and his second guessing - but not sure why he seems to be shutting out Earl Morris as well?

john just gets excited and over enthusiastic and pat hasnt yet figured out how to manage him the way kevin did.

03-07-15 11:33PM
Western Newbie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Western Newbie Click here to Send Western Newbie a Private Message Find more posts by Western Newbie Add Western Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Western Newbie
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Radio-Man
I'd be more interested in Jacobs V Gushue stats starting in 2013, the year Jacobs became JACOBS

after gushue booted Fry out

03-07-15 11:42PM
Radio-Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radio-Man Click here to Send Radio-Man a Private Message Find more posts by Radio-Man Add Radio-Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Western Newbie

after gushue booted Fry out

Jacobs, Fry and EJ in particular, have all taken it to an entirely different level. Similar mindsets, all extremely high in intensity, all fitness freaks, etc. They just gel as a unit and have great team chemistry. Gushue is another example of what great chemistry can do for a team.

"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent...who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."

03-07-15 11:43PM
Western Newbie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Western Newbie Click here to Send Western Newbie a Private Message Find more posts by Western Newbie Add Western Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Western Newbie
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
that really sucks for brad. honestly you do wonder if he ever will get one. this year has been his best year on tour by far, if he was ever going to you would have said this year and yet here we are.

and you also really wonder just how up for the game he will be tomorrow. will he come out as flat as menard did last year against jeff.

jacobs will not have it easy at all . simmons and the team are pumped and they ran with jacobs all the way in the round robin until the final 2 ends. think they will have a great shot

if they do win again you do wonder if john and carter will stick with it another year since i know both intended to step back this year

John is an opportunist. He joined team Canada after declaring he was done. He dumped Cotter when they did not win the roar, or the brier. Will Pat want to keep him on? I guess it depends if they win. Maybe Pat will go back to Saskatchewan and hook up with Laycock again? Ah we can speculate forever. Oh after tomorrow I suspect we will see some changes.

03-07-15 11:47PM
Radio-Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radio-Man Click here to Send Radio-Man a Private Message Find more posts by Radio-Man Add Radio-Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by dbsdbs

I found that interesting as well. I can't imagine how taxing it would be to play with a guy like Morris.

"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent...who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."

03-07-15 11:48PM
Western Newbie
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Radio-Man

Jacobs, Fry and EJ in particular, have all taken it to an entirely different level. Similar mindsets, all extremely high in intensity, all fitness freaks, etc. They just gel as a unit and have great team chemistry. Gushue is another example of what great chemistry can do for a team.

Oh I agree but include Ryan H too. Fry tried to gel with Brad G but Brad was missing Mark and would not listen to fry's suggestions. Brad J listens. Does not always agree, but there is a discussion. I agree the fitness passion binds them too. Team Jacobs is a good solid team. I was rooting for both teams tonight but when the fans booed Gushue and cheered a miss, I changed my mind. Oh well. Wonder if he will change his team? Walker is an Albertan. Move back and join Team Canada?

Looking forward to tomorrow's final. It will be a good one.

03-07-15 11:50PM
freezetothehack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for freezetothehack Click here to Send freezetothehack a Private Message Find more posts by freezetothehack Add freezetothehack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
freezetothehack
Hitting Paint

quote:
if you guys think this was a well curled game , then that taints your opinions a bit. ..

who is the fifth man on team Canada ... can he play 3rd ?!?

Every curler on the rock just puked!

03-08-15 12:31AM
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Western Newbie

Oh I agree but include Ryan H too. Fry tried to gel with Brad G but Brad was missing Mark and would not listen to fry's suggestions. Brad J listens. Does not always agree, but there is a discussion. I agree the fitness passion binds them too. Team Jacobs is a good solid team. I was rooting for both teams tonight but when the fans booed Gushue and cheered a miss, I changed my mind. Oh well. Wonder if he will change his team? Walker is an Albertan. Move back and join Team Canada?

Looking forward to tomorrow's final. It will be a good one.

True, wasn't slighting Ryan H, just more speaking to EJ working on his mechanics.

03-08-15 12:40AM
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

quote:
Its pretty obvious Simmons will give Jacobs a far bigger test than Gushue.

Gushue all the sudden went out of sorts. Simmons maintained focus and weathered all storms.

Can he do it vs. a group of monsters tomorrow evening? That's the big question!!!

Simmons might be curling better than Brad Jacobs right now.

Fry is gonna torment Johnnny Greenshoes all nite long!

Carter and EJ are pretty equal immo

Same with Nolan and Big Ryan......

Pat will need his entire arsenal of nullification shots!

Jacobs and Fry are the two all-star selections for the week, I don't see anyone playing better at the moment. Carter is a great player but he can't move heaven and earth like EJ can. Ryan H and Nolan are a saw off, but what Ryan brings to the brushing aspect >Nolan. Of course in a single game this all gets thrown out the window to some degree.

I'm expecting a tight game with Team Canada getting assistance from the 12th man in the Saddledome.

Last edited by Radio-Man on 03-08-15 at 01:05AM

03-08-15 12:47AM
Western Newbie
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by freezetothehack

Every curler on the rock just puked!

In BC too

03-08-15 12:57AM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

win or lose in Brier final, Simmons can always

know in his heart that it was a excellent choice to be given that opportunity to play as "skip" position for the Team Canada team. For it was Pat's double takeout in the tenth end TO ICE Game....N.L. fans took it on the chin AGAIN, perhaps mustering a decent game to capture the bronze from Sask. might take the sting out of losing....It will be interesting to see if Pat can continue his 'cool composure" approach knowing his vice Johnny Mo 's mind will be working overtime.... coach Earle might have his hands full ?

03-08-15 01:59AM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Originally posted by mcgregorm89

Yeah Tsn put that up right after I posted but does Tim Hortons still pay curlers to wear their logo or has this changed?

Sponsor cresting money will be included in those numbers.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

03-08-15 08:24AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

canada v.s northern ontario is a really interesting match

nolan has the edge over ryan harnden slightly , but he has it

id say carter and e.j are about equal

john morris, when he was at his peak in 2008-2010 with kevin was unreal. at the time he was unmatched by any 3rd except richard hart. he definitely has what it takes to not only keep up with fry but out curl him the question is will he bring that to the game today

skips battle is really interesting and probably equal. in the moment pat is curling better , he's making pretty much everything and if he can keep it up he'll have a good chance at the win

03-08-15 10:06AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
congratulations to the Calvert team - world jr. gold me

dalists !!!!

And to Kelsey Rocque. DOUBLE gold for canada

03-08-15 10:09AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

What happened to the relegation nova scotia thread? K