SUI (Rueetschi-Schlegel) Final
SCO (Kennedy) (7)
M: Mexican Mixed Doubles Championship
Vancouver, CAN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Apr 27 -- 9:00am PT
Quin/Abre 2nd
Pere/Cohe  Watch Live Curling!
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 12 of 30 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-04-15 01:37PM
Radio-Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radio-Man Click here to Send Radio-Man a Private Message Find more posts by Radio-Man Add Radio-Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

I'll be honest, I love Team Jacobs attitude and swag. They ruffle some feathers but don't give a rat's a**. Stone cold killers with many tools to ply their trade. You could get paper cutted to death or violently bludgeoned to flesh paste. I'm sure Raymond Chandler would describe Jacobs' eyes as gleaming ice picks.

These guys aren't the Beatles, but the Sex Pistols.

"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent...who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-04-15 01:40PM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

Maybe they should start a punk band instead....

03-04-15 01:47PM
Claire Marie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Claire Marie Click here to Send Claire Marie a Private Message Find more posts by Claire Marie Add Claire Marie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Claire Marie
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Radio-Man
I'll be honest, I love Team Jacobs attitude and swag. They ruffle some feathers but don't give a rat's a**. Stone cold killers with many tools to ply their trade. You could get paper cutted to death or violently bludgeoned to flesh paste. I'm sure Raymond Chandler would describe Jacobs' eyes as gleaming ice picks.

These guys aren't the Beatles, but the Sex Pistols.

I wholeheartedly agree. I love their intensity, and they are fun to watch when they're "on".

03-04-15 01:50PM
Radio-Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radio-Man Click here to Send Radio-Man a Private Message Find more posts by Radio-Man Add Radio-Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by johnnysmoke
Maybe they should start a punk band instead....

I'm sure they'd prefer to continue throwing punk rocks.

"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent...who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."

03-04-15 02:00PM
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Claire Marie

I wholeheartedly agree. I love their intensity, and they are fun to watch when they're "on".

Agreed. Even when they aren't "on" I still love watching them because they are the ultimate grinders.

03-04-15 02:51PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Overheard comments, did you hear ben Hebert after Pat Simmonns made a fantastic shot, "your old skip wouldn't have made that" within earshot of most curlers on their sheet. Don't know what relationship he has with John.

03-04-15 03:07PM
Ventry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ventry Click here to Send Ventry a Private Message Find more posts by Ventry Add Ventry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ventry
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Three
So for all the people outraged by the relegation play/in round I'm guessing most of you would be satisfied if we went back to the old system and just added Nunavat to the Yukon/NWT relegation that has existed for decades. Where was all the outrage back then?

Combine Northern Ontario with Ontario (keep Team Canada) and let the territories water down the Brier/Scotties for the sake of Canadiana if we must. Twelve teams every year and the relegation happens like it always has. Way up north where almost nobody who lives in a Province ever cared about it.

I live in Ontario and am OK with getting rid of Northern Ontario. The women lived without it and if it fixes this then I'm ok with it.

To be fair, eliminating a province that has been represented for close to 90 years is a bit different than including territories that recently came into existence. Most people who are upset don't have a problem with including everyone. I don't.

03-04-15 03:13PM
Ventry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ventry Click here to Send Ventry a Private Message Find more posts by Ventry Add Ventry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ventry
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by CaptMorgan
Dropping Team Canada for Nunavut is a move backwards to mediocrity.

That's very debatable but the bigger question is, so what if it is?

It's a national championship.

03-04-15 03:14PM
only4real is offline Click Here to See the Profile for only4real Find more posts by only4real Add only4real to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
only4real
Knee-Slider

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
Overheard comments, did you hear ben Hebert after Pat Simmonns made a fantastic shot, "your old skip wouldn't have made that" within earshot of most curlers on their sheet. Don't know what relationship he has with John.

Are you sure Johnny Mo is the "old skip" Ben was referring to ??!!!!

03-04-15 03:38PM
MB Tucker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MB Tucker Click here to Send MB Tucker a Private Message Visit MB Tucker's homepage! Find more posts by MB Tucker Add MB Tucker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MB Tucker
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay

I love how everyone on this site is quick to pounce on what they hear! Most of the top curlers on tour are friends off the ice including heebz and mo so it was just a joke.

03-04-15 04:08PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

Playing team Jacobs right now is just so difficult, team Sask made 2 very good shots, as good as they could do, but Jacobs out did them by making even better ones. If I was Sask I maybe would have tried to take out the yellow for 2, esp. since hitting is more their game than drawing and they really need the points vs. Jacobs. Pretty amazing Jacobs screwed up the blank.

03-04-15 04:09PM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

I knew Manitoba was in trouble when McEwen didn't get in. But I never expected Carruthers and company to perform as badly as they have. He lost the first-end hammer draw - yet again - to Menard of all people and he's already down 2-0. Reid didn't do all that badly on the cash circuit, but his team has been an embarrassment so far. i never expected them to be not even competitive with a bunch of teams.

03-04-15 04:10PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by rick8end
I knew Manitoba was in trouble when McEwen didn't get in. But I never expected Carruthers and company to perform as badly as they have. He lost the first-end hammer draw - yet again - to Menard of all people and he's already down 2-0. Reid didn't do all that badly on the cash circuit, but his team has been an embarrassment so far. i never expected them to be not even competitive with a bunch of teams.

Are you kidding, Reid has done fairly well, they are still in it. McEwan has had so many chances to get in and never has, they just don't have what it takes to win big games, I don't think he would be any better.

Last edited by Stoner on 03-04-15 at 05:53PM

03-04-15 04:41PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

What happened in the 3rd end between Koe and Gushue, I thought Brad scored 2 to go up 4-1, but now it says that Koe stole 1 to tie it 2-2?

03-04-15 05:14PM
MB Tucker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MB Tucker Click here to Send MB Tucker a Private Message Visit MB Tucker's homepage! Find more posts by MB Tucker Add MB Tucker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MB Tucker
Harvey Hacksmasher

Is Morris skipping again?

03-04-15 05:41PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

TSN announcers jumped the gun. Vic Rauter's sugar levels need checking!

Nah, it was curling.ca who made the mistake.

03-04-15 06:03PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Laycock usually makes 1 boneheaded decision per game, and that was it, why the heck would he try and run back the yellow onto the yellow instead of coming around the guard for 2.

03-04-15 06:07PM
Prawnpuller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prawnpuller Click here to Send Prawnpuller a Private Message Find more posts by Prawnpuller Add Prawnpuller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prawnpuller
Harvey Hacksmasher

Talking

My take on relegation is this...
1. Declare our Canadian champions that will represent Canada at the worlds from the Canada Cup .

2.Keep the brier for what it is...a national event represented from all our provinces,territories etc..If 14 or so teams is too many split them into TWO groups with crossovers or whatever.

The Brier has changed over time to the point where the " old established" format does not work anymore.....It is evident the teams that play
The Tour ( the pros ) are for the most part far superior to the "amateurs" . That fact is quite evident by the standings at the Brier most years. Another problem is the player movement amongst the teams from other provinces. A lot of teams import players from other Provinces thus the true spirit and intent of the Brier is compromised. So there you have it....in short separate the pros from the amateurs ..problem solved...

Two things can happen...one is bad

Last edited by Prawnpuller on 03-04-15 at 06:10PM

03-04-15 06:09PM
Claire Marie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Claire Marie Click here to Send Claire Marie a Private Message Find more posts by Claire Marie Add Claire Marie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Claire Marie
Harvey Hacksmasher

Cudos to Jacobs....even when he's not playing well, he plays well lol.

03-04-15 06:14PM
mcgregorm89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mcgregorm89 Click here to Send mcgregorm89 a Private Message Find more posts by mcgregorm89 Add mcgregorm89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mcgregorm89
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Prawnpuller
My take on relegation is this...
1. Declare our Canadian champions that will represent Canada at the worlds from the Canada Cup .

2.Keep the brier for what it is...a national event represented from all our provinces,territories etc..If 14 or so teams is too many split them into TWO groups with crossovers or whatever.

The Brier has changed over time to the point where the " old established" format does not work anymore.....It is evident the teams that play
The Tour ( the pros ) are for the most part far superior to the "amateurs" . That fact is quite evident by the standings at the Brier most years. Another problem is the player movement amongst the teams from other provinces. A lot of teams import players from other Provinces thus the true spirit and intent of the Brier is compromised. So there you have it....in short separate the pros from the amateurs ..problem solved...

Two things can happen...one is bad

With no pros at the brier how quick do you think people would stop watching it. It's for the top curlers in the nation and this year pretty much all the teams are tour teams. Club curlers have their own national championship stick with it and let the brier be for the best.

03-04-15 06:26PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

The 1st time a team has taken Jacobs to the 10th end at least.

03-04-15 06:28PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

Apologies if this was posted already, but did the CCA (or whatever they're called now) ever issue a formal response on the Team Ontario protest?

03-04-15 06:30PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

what a an end to that 9th end

brad jacobs and ryan fry arguing because brad thought ryan was rushing him

saskatchewan inadvertently nose hit for one because kirk muyres convinced steve a biter for them was in. steve hits on nose then comes back and says the biter is out

measure comez and its close but out. saskatchewan gets kind of upset because they wanted to measure again

03-04-15 06:30PM
mcgregorm89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mcgregorm89 Click here to Send mcgregorm89 a Private Message Find more posts by mcgregorm89 Add mcgregorm89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mcgregorm89
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by only4real

Are you sure Johnny Mo is the "old skip" Ben was referring to ??!!!!

Could he had been referring to Koe who was their skip.

03-04-15 06:34PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

if alberta cant steal the win against newfoundland then because they still play each other one of manitoba or alberta will miss playoffs..wow

quebec and canada heating up. have won 4 straight