CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
M: European Curling Championships C-Division
Dumfries, SCO
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: W1 -- Sun, Apr 28 -- 7:00pm GMT

Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2015 Ford World Men's Curling Championship

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 6 of 13 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-31-15 06:52PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by CURLER1

TSN2

Yes, but it's no good for me, they aren't even showing anything important on TSN1.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-31-15 06:57PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

When TSN1 was not showing the womens games, it would be shown on WCTV, but they aren't even doing that now, just horrible.

03-31-15 07:16PM
NSCoach is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NSCoach Click here to Send NSCoach a Private Message Find more posts by NSCoach Add NSCoach to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NSCoach
Harvey Hacksmasher

Canada looking sub standard so far tonight

03-31-15 07:24PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

They must have a regular season NHL game prepped for TSN 1 - or Gabe Kaplan booked another poker tourney!

They are showing a regional Leafs game, but it's regional, the rest of the nation should have curling.

03-31-15 07:40PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

In Winnipeg they're showing a regional Jets game. Jets fans would assault TSN HQ if they didn't show it! Curling fans are docile!

Fine, whoever has a regional game gets it, but the rest of us should not suffer with golf shows, point is TSN has dropped the ball so many times.

03-31-15 07:54PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
or just pay $5 for the month for all the tsn channels ....

Or TSN and WCTV could get their act together.

03-31-15 07:55PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Norway may dress like clowns, but tonight it is Canada curling like clowns

03-31-15 07:58PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

so switzerland looking great at 5-1 right now but look at who they have to play:

sweden
norway
canada
japan
scotland

it is entirely possible they still end up 5-6 or 6-5. they did a good job beating the weaker teams but now it gets tough

id say sweden, norway and canada, unless they have bad games are out of reach. that means they need 2 wins over scotland and japan..doable but not easy

about last night: im kind of surprised edin didnt just play a hit. whenever you are drawing, even with an open house and against only one if you are light or heavy you lose

03-31-15 08:00PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Stoner

Or TSN and WCTV could get their act together.

what annoys with with this TSN crap is this: most of the time i only get tsn3 and 1 but a couple days ago and during the womens world finals i noticed i got all 5 channels. so either make them all available to me all the time or keep the 2 i have and dont offer me the other 3 for 2 days before taking them away again

03-31-15 08:01PM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

They do have their act together just fine. It's not inexpensive to broadcast curling and TSN needs to get a return on their investment into the sport. For a couple months a season, signup for the channel. It's the least we an do as curling fans.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

03-31-15 08:02PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Gerry
They do have their act together just fine. It's not inexpensive to broadcast curling and TSN needs to get a return on their investment into the sport. For a couple months a season, signup for the channel. It's the least we an do as curling fans.

see post above.

03-31-15 08:38PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

It is being streamed on tsn. Hooked comp up to tv, perfect.

03-31-15 08:55PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Ditto

03-31-15 08:56PM
Par89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Par89 Find more posts by Par89 Add Par89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Par89
Swing Artist

Fresco and Gerry are right. When Bold had some games, I paid $2.50 a month to see all games. $5 a month is a couple of coffees at Tims. Be glad we get as much as we do.

03-31-15 08:59PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

as i said at least be consistant. if you going to only make some channels available to me than fine but dont let me have access to all 5 for 2 days and then turn them off again

make up your mind

Last edited by misty1 on 03-31-15 at 09:02PM

03-31-15 09:01PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

norway crushes canada 9-3. didnt see that coming.

sweden crushes switzerland

03-31-15 09:49PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Gerry

No, TSN's whole lame game is they show worthless shows on TSN1 to try and make you fork over more cash to them for the other channels, and I'm not going for it, they are only hurting themselves, they should know that showing curling on their main channel is the best way to go.

03-31-15 09:59PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

So Sweden took out the Swiss quite easily 8-2, The US overcame China 9-5, Russia pulled through over Italy 5-4 and Canada amazingly got slaughtered 9-3 by Norway, did not see that coming, of all the scenarios how this game would play out, this would be the last one for me.

After day 4 Norway are in 1st place at 6-1, Canada in 2nd with the same record, the Swiss are at 5-2, Japan and Sweden are at 4-3 and no one has been officially eliminated with 6 losses yet.

Previewing draw 12: Norway will win vs. Italy, Canada will bounce back over the Swiss, Sweden won't have an issue with the US and China to take out Russia.

03-31-15 10:17PM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

quote:

Previewing draw 12: Norway will win vs. Italy, Canada will bounce back over the Swiss, Sweden won't have an issue with the US and China to take out Russia.

Those look like reasonable predictions, but the way this week has been going, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if you were wrong on all four counts.

03-31-15 10:27PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:

No, TSN's whole lame game is they show worthless shows on TSN1 to try and make you fork over more cash to them for the other channels, and I'm not going for it, they are only hurting themselves, they should know that showing curling on their main channel is the best way to go.

More people watched those 2 hockey games than ever would have watched curling tonight. TSN is in the business of making money and that comes from advertisers. If you want to see sll the games, go to Halifax and really show your support.

03-31-15 10:51PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

i guess the other problem i have with tsn is that before they brought in these 3 new channels i would have been able to watch the curling games without having to pay extra money but then they switched things around and now i cant because i get a different feed then i used to. and so now i dont feel like i should have to pay extra to watch the games i would have been watching before no matter how much it is.

and to be honest i dont know why tsn needs 5 channels when very often there are 2 programs playing on 5 channels at the same time.1 on 3 and 1 on the other 2.

03-31-15 11:01PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

We live in country, satellite TV, Internet, and only pay for basic package so we don't have tsn2, tonight's was on this channel. So I just livestream which is as good as TV. Why can't you all do that?

03-31-15 11:05PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by decade

More people watched those 2 hockey games than ever would have watched curling tonight. TSN is in the business of making money and that comes from advertisers. If you want to see sll the games, go to Halifax and really show your support.

Yes, this argument would work if they were showing national hockey games, but they aren't, they are regional, so they will make more money if they show curling to the rest of the nation, if they really were in the business of making that money, they would show curling, they are in the business of making you pay for their extra channels, going to Halifax is a poor argument, I've been to the Worlds before, but not everyone can go, you should know that.

Last edited by Stoner on 03-31-15 at 11:07PM

03-31-15 11:10PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by johnnysmoke
Those look like reasonable predictions, but the way this week has been going, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if you were wrong on all four counts.

Well the most I've got wrong is 2 3 times, so I don't think that will happen.

04-01-15 09:36AM
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Yes, this argument would work if they were showing national hockey games, but they aren't, they are regional, so they will make more money if they show curling to the rest of the nation, if they really were in the business of making that money, they would show curling, they are in the business of making you pay for their extra channels, going to Halifax is a poor argument, I've been to the Worlds before, but not everyone can go, you should know that.

What is a "national hockey game"?