Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 2 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
12-31-08 01:21PM
#66 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for #66 Click here to Send #66 a Private Message Find more posts by #66 Add #66 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

I am guessing u need the high def package to get it and not on basic shaw cable..

Mind u if u dont have high def now , get with the times would ya

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

12-31-08 01:50PM
pmauro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pmauro Click here to Send pmauro a Private Message Find more posts by pmauro Add pmauro to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pmauro
Super Rockchucker

I got it on the sports package through telus tv. With them, you get TSN, you get TSN2.

And I don't have HD.

12-31-08 01:53PM
#66 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for #66 Click here to Send #66 a Private Message Find more posts by #66 Add #66 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

Oh ya?

What is telus TV? Don't think I have heard of it...

Whats taking so long for the HD? Its great

12-31-08 02:04PM
pmauro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pmauro Click here to Send pmauro a Private Message Find more posts by pmauro Add pmauro to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pmauro
Super Rockchucker

it's not been heavily marketted yet. It's basically like shaw's digital tv but provided by telus with a different structure for packaging channels (ie, sports package instead of tier 2). They do have hd in some locations I believe.

We have a small 14" lcd tv so no real benefit from having hd. Even if we had a bigger tv I personally don't see the cost benefit to spending more money on a sharper picture. More money in my pocket for other things.

Just a personal choice with the hd.

12-31-08 02:08PM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Jeezus, Frezno77

quote:
Originally posted by Guest

What cable company do you use? I like TSN2 also but it would not be included in my basic cable package along with TSN.

Star Choice. TSN and TSN 2 are basic. And Star Choice is owned by Shaw Cable, so I would think that the two packages are similar. Correct me if I am wrong.

12-31-08 02:16PM
pmauro
Super Rockchucker

Just quickly looked around some other provider's websites.

Looks like TSN2 is a digital only channel. note, not necessarily HD. So you'd need Shaw or Roger's digital cable, Telus TV, Star Choice or something like that.
Shaw or Roger's regular cable would not likely carry TSN2. At least from what I can tell on my quick poke around.

Last edited by pmauro on 12-31-08 at 02:30PM

12-31-08 05:39PM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

Funny, but I was under the impression that all cable was digital. I guess I need to get out more.

12-31-08 05:49PM
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by dinorock2005
Funny, but I was under the impression that all cable was digital. I guess I need to get out more.
Wrong again. But it looks like it will be soon. ( I do need to get out.)

12-31-08 06:08PM
pmauro
Super Rockchucker

I believe the requirement will be for all signals to be transmitted over the airwaves in a digital format. What is transferred over the cable would be left to the cable companies. Though they would be chomping at the bit to drop analogue and replace that bandwidth with more digital channels.

But, I could be wrong, I haven't actually looked into it.

01-05-09 03:28PM
FRESNO77 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FRESNO77 Click here to Send FRESNO77 a Private Message Find more posts by FRESNO77 Add FRESNO77 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FRESNO77
Swing Artist

I think you people are missing the point of the thread

People bitched long and hard when CBC pull their stunt with curling coverage but it's okay if TSN does the same thing. STRANGE!

Is it also alright if TSN never shows any highlights of curling on their 1 1/2 sportscentre shows? Cause they never do anymore!

01-05-09 03:44PM
FollowingAlong is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FollowingAlong Click here to Send FollowingAlong a Private Message Find more posts by FollowingAlong Add FollowingAlong to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FollowingAlong
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by FRESNO77
I think you people are missing the point of the thread

People bitched long and hard when CBC pull their stunt with curling coverage but it's okay if TSN does the same thing. STRANGE!

Is it also alright if TSN never shows any highlights of curling on their 1 1/2 sportscentre shows? Cause they never do anymore!

It's not entirely the same. When CBC pulled their stunt, they moved the primary coverage of a number of games to their Country Canada channel (Bold nowadays) which you needed digital hardware (if you were a cable subscriber) to access (more $ for the customer). If, and it's a big if, CBC offered the game tape delayed on its main channel, it occurred 5 to 7 hours after the live coverage (usually 12:30 or 1:00 a.m. for us folks in the Mountain time zone) - way too late to stay up and watch.

TSN has offloaded some of its live event coverage (and it isn't just curling) to TSN2, but in the case of curling, the primary TSN channel usually offers the tape delayed game within 1.5 to 2 hours of when the game actually started.

Would I prefer the live coverage on the primary channel? Well, yes, most of the time, but sometimes the delay works in my favour such as when we curl our regular square draw game early and the TSN coverage of the Scotties or Brier game starts at 9:00 p.m. (Mountain time).

01-05-09 05:25PM
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by FollowingAlong

It's not entirely the same. When CBC pulled their stunt, they moved the primary coverage of a number of games to their Country Canada channel (Bold nowadays) which you needed digital hardware (if you were a cable subscriber) to access (more $ for the customer). If, and it's a big if, CBC offered the game tape delayed on its main channel, it occurred 5 to 7 hours after the live coverage (usually 12:30 or 1:00 a.m. for us folks in the Mountain time zone) - way too late to stay up and watch.

TSN has offloaded some of its live event coverage (and it isn't just curling) to TSN2, but in the case of curling, the primary TSN channel usually offers the tape delayed game within 1.5 to 2 hours of when the game actually started.

Would I prefer the live coverage on the primary channel? Well, yes, most of the time, but sometimes the delay works in my favour such as when we curl our regular square draw game early and the TSN coverage of the Scotties or Brier game starts at 9:00 p.m. (Mountain time).

Exactly! Exactly! Exactly!
And just one more point for the benefit of FREZNO77. We all bitched when CBC offloaded prime time live games to a digital channel few had. (And when that didn't work, to The Score. Talk about lack of planning.)
TSN is probably going to offload games to TSN 2, which is meant to be a COMPANION CHANNEL. Not some lonely cow out in the digital pasture. Not a tape delayed game after midnight. A channel that is one press of the thumb up from it's big sister.
And if you don't have TSN 2, get bitching. Apparently, it works!

Last edited by dinorock2005 on 01-05-09 at 05:30PM

01-05-09 05:32PM
pmauro
Super Rockchucker

I think Country Canada could have worked if CBC had made the move a few years later when more viewers had digital setups, if they had made sure Country Canada was part of some digital package rather than a standalone channel or sitting in some culture package, and if they had made the channel more relevant by have other stuff that more people would watch on it.

TSN is better in their timing for how many people have digital TV, it is included in many standard sports packages, and there are hockey games and other sports on it that a viewer may watch.

CBC did too little for the channel and tried too soon. They were right though... eventually everything is going to move digital.

03-02-09 12:01AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Due everyone the favor TSN and sell your curling right aways.Maybe Sportsnet or the Score televeision would buy the rights.

Covering some nascar race that means squat 25 minutes into the scotties final. besides the race was been shown on FOX. Its not like the 20 thousand people who watch would have missed it.

Now for the curling coverage itself

Was that the national final we just watched? If I didn't know better I would've thought I was watching some round-robin game. No hype for the game at all!

Some partial interview with Jones at the end

I thought the whole broadcast was tacky

At least CBC treated the finals with respect and at least tried and made the game seem special.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.68.252.132

03-02-09 09:55AM
Unregistered

Couldn't agree more. The final seemed like just another game. I think that the curling fans in Canada didn't know how good we had it when TSN did the weekday games and CBC came in for the big ones. The Brier is going to be even worse. One of the biggest games in Canadian sport and lets see, maybe it will be delayed by a poker game. Could you see that happening to the Stanley Cup final or the Grey Cup game. What a joke.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 70.52.252.46

03-02-09 04:56PM
FRESNO77 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FRESNO77 Click here to Send FRESNO77 a Private Message Find more posts by FRESNO77 Add FRESNO77 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FRESNO77
Swing Artist

Angry

While analyzing the ratings for sunday night at 8 eastern. The pinhead sitting in his suite in some skyscrapper in T.O. will see the ratings went through the roof.

He'll assume the race was at its climax and thats why the ratings boost. Expect more Nascar coverage, I mean 5 hours wasn't enough!

03-02-09 05:04PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

I am not even sure why Nascar was on TSN yesterday, as it was on Fox too. Usually the first half of the season is Fox, then it switches to TSN, except the Daytona 500, which is on TSN.

Yes, I watch both, so was not to bothered by the delay, but a friend of mine called me yesterday during the curling game and said that she knew what I had done all day - "watched 4 hours of cars making left turns and now I was watching the paint dry" - guess she is not a curling fan or Nascar fan.

03-02-09 05:12PM
FRESNO77
Swing Artist

You weren't bothered by the delay, why not? Especially since the race was being shown on another network and everyone could see it.

I didn't see the telecast but it sure sounds like TSN didn't do ladies curling any favors.

Last edited by FRESNO77 on 03-02-09 at 05:15PM

05-21-14 04:05PM
Unregistered

well no one's ever accused the people who run TSN to be to bright or tolerable but even they wouldnt be that stupid

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

10-04-23 04:28PM
Unregistered

I know what can help you with this. A few weeks ago, I wanted to release my own software, but I didn't know anything about it. I found the cheapest unmanaged vps on the Internet and saw the answers to my questions about how to develop a product and applications with the right tools. It helped me and I'm sure this feature will help you too.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 141.95.126.175

11-29-23 05:05AM
Unregistered

I think that everyone should try fnaf games

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 5.62.47.224