CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
M: European Curling Championships C-Division
Dumfries, SCO
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: W1 -- Sun, Apr 28 -- 7:00pm GMT

Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 6 of 7 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-07-16 04:30PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

I have the over/under at 7...How many curlers in the province of Ontario and nationally will pete steski piss off by the end of the telecast..he is already up to 3 lol

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-07-16 04:40PM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by decade
Semi was a good game between two old style "gentlemen" skips. No slamming of brooms, no f-bombs (at least that I heard) and good sportsmanship by all players. Some of the young guns should take note!

Perhaps in the semi`s but....

I watched the 1-2 game live and Glenn had a huge broom slam after his shot was light in nine and there was a lack of sweeping. Once the rock was going to be nowhere close to the house Scott kicked the rock into the back bumper very hard and then Glenn broom slammed. It was really something to see. Scott I could believe but couldn`t believe the ol`skipper actually did that. No doubt frustrated but if the old timers are going to do that then the young bucks will never learn.

02-07-16 04:44PM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

F-bomb dropped...sounded like Spencer after he was heavy with his first in six.

02-07-16 04:54PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

The difference between these 2 teams is Janssen and Marchs sweeping.. it is a requirement now to have 2 young and strong sweepers..

02-07-16 04:57PM
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

Pete your "Sherry is waiting on Wayne hand and foot" Jokes are getting tired and stale.. It was funny the 1st time but now you're beating a dead horse

02-07-16 05:07PM
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

Their seems to be a edgy angry determination that Glenn is exhibiting..perhaps still a bit peeved that Epping let his son go a few years ago

02-07-16 05:25PM
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

It sounded like a baby or child squealing as Glenn was into his backswing on his 1st rock in the 8th end

Pete is so inappropriate lol Sportsnet needs to let Pete know what kind of audience is watching these curling games

02-07-16 06:25PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

I am soooooo happy for the Howard Rink. That final shot was unbelievable. What a great game. Delighted for Spencer. He must be so happy to be going to The Brier. Such a hard fought battle. Seems to me that there is so much strategy with the sweeping these days. I find it a little bit exhausting willing rocks to curl or go straight. lol. Thanks TGH for a great week. Looking forward to The Brier with good thoughts.

02-07-16 06:26PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Not too often that I think too bad someone had to lose but this was one of those games. Epping did everything he had to in the 10th, unfortunately it was Howard with last rock and made a great double angle raise.

02-07-16 06:33PM
irishrose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for irishrose Click here to Send irishrose a Private Message Find more posts by irishrose Add irishrose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
irishrose
Harvey Hacksmasher

no way did glen deserve to win this one and will go no where in the brier but cyenara

02-07-16 06:42PM
Claire Marie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Claire Marie Click here to Send Claire Marie a Private Message Find more posts by Claire Marie Add Claire Marie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Claire Marie
Harvey Hacksmasher

I like both teams but happy for Glen and his team especially Adam. Epping will have many more chances at this, and it was a great game to watch.

02-07-16 06:47PM
amonavis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amonavis Find more posts by amonavis Add amonavis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amonavis
Knee-Slider

quote:
Originally posted by irishrose
no way did glen deserve to win this one and will go no where in the brier but cyenara

They went 10-0 in the round robin. They deserve it. Even more sweet is the fact that Epping dumped Scott Howard from his team in 2013 and Scott was on fire today! Well done Team Howard.

02-07-16 07:14PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by irishrose

Do you mean sayonara?

02-07-16 07:16PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

I think he said Howard will make the playoffs again at the Brier.

02-07-16 07:41PM
ott-am is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ott-am Click here to Send ott-am a Private Message Find more posts by ott-am Add ott-am to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ott-am
Swing Artist

Re: Howard's Brier 5th?

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Wonder who Team Howard recruits to back up the somewhat ailing Hart and the front end at Brier?

They'll need a young, strong and durable performer capable of filling in at 3rd in the event Richie Hart's knee falters.

Also, a strong mopper capable of making all the first 4 shots.

1. Husky Harris a possibility but age and condition not on his side for potential front-end duties!

2. John Epping

3. Mark Kean - not making provincials, his idleness works against him.

4, Jon Mead or David Nedohin (if eligibility wasn't a factor)

If gender wasn't an issue ideal candidate would be Emma Miskew.

I would put Matt Camm in the running - local guy, great, young player.

02-07-16 07:59PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

I got to feel for epping on this one. unlike last year when he was chasing and being outplayed for most of the game he has ahead or on level terms and had some control for most of this game. The look on his face after he made his last..just no joy because he knew he didnt get it far enough and glenn had an easy one to win.

if you could pin it on one shot then you would probably put it on matt's first in the final end. if matt makes that double epping sits 4 and glenn has to use richard's shots to bail and just get a way to score his one.

epping has an ontario title in him , multiple titles, of that im sure but this stings and its hard to see a positive now. he came in on the form of his life and still came up agonizingly short. now he's got to wait another year and you never know how that might go.

02-07-16 08:19PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

If ott-am is correct I suspect Howard will go with Matt Camm as their 5th player - and depending how they fare at Brier and whether Wayner Middaugh can round back into form after his brutal leg injury I suspect Howard might consider keeping Camm as a regular 3rd or 2nd (depending on how they sort out with Hart).

That would leave John Epping without a 3rd. Enter Mark Kean.

I hope that wouldnt happen. This team john has with him now is great and probably his best he's had as a skip. im sure john knows that too so id hope it'll remain intact and be allowed to grow.

i dont think it'd be smart for camm to leave john anyway. this is a team that, if it stays together long term has a very bright future and could dominate ontario for years to come, much in the same way glenn has.it'd be stupid to throw away a spot on one of the best younger teams active for a spot on a team that wont be curling after 2018.

im not saying dont take him as alternate, im saying dont steal camm away.

Last edited by misty1 on 02-07-16 at 08:36PM

02-07-16 08:27PM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

quote:

If ott-am is correct I suspect Howard will go with Matt Camm as their 5th player - and depending how they fare at Brier and whether Wayner Middaugh can round back into form after his brutal leg injury I suspect Howard might consider keeping Camm as a regular 3rd or 2nd (depending on how they sort out with Hart).

Sorry, but there is no way in creation that Matt Camm will leave one the best younger teams in the game to join a 53-year-old skip. Today's game was tooth and nail and other than two brilliant shots by Glenn, Epping would be off to his first Brier. You make a lot of sensible comments, but suggesting a talented young curler will leave one of the best younger teams on the Grand Slam circuit for a curler approaching his mid-50's, that makes no sense.

02-07-16 09:08PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

I think we all agree Camm might be the ideal candidate to serve as team alternate. Whatever happens after the event happens - I shouldn't be projecting the future!

Still think Glenn & Co. might have another guy in mind for 5th.

i cant deny the possible benefits of being 5th on the brier winning team are good but do they outway what he'd be leaving behind .you also have to consider epping is more than likely to be at the trials anyway.

steve bice was the go to altnerate for glenn at the brier until he started taking scott. with scott on his team already im thinking its highly possible steve bice or perhaps mark bice will be e asked to go. steve would be someone he's very familiar with and is very comfortable and has been active this year.

Last edited by misty1 on 02-07-16 at 09:14PM

02-07-16 09:27PM
curlinggrandma is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlinggrandma Find more posts by curlinggrandma Add curlinggrandma to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlinggrandma
Harvey Hacksmasher

So, Adam is now part of the team, and not the fifth?? What are the rules?

02-07-16 10:18PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by decade
Not too often that I think too bad someone had to lose but this was one of those games. Epping did everything he had to in the 10th, unfortunately it was Howard with last rock and made a great double angle raise.

Those last 3 shots of the 10th were E-P-I-C! Curling at its best!!
At the start of the season I never thought Glenn would win the provs, a nice surprise really with the way it all turned out.

02-07-16 11:40PM
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

quote:

It's incredible how bad your memory is or how you just don't pay attention.. Mark kean has made it very clear on this site..publically with his own typewritten words John Epping is far from being his favourite person

Last edited by Rock Your World on 02-07-16 at 11:55PM

02-07-16 11:50PM
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

Seeing the post game celebration it seemed like Adams joy and happiness was kinda restrained almost like he isn't really a part of the team and was holding back .. It is a strange and different spot to be in

02-08-16 12:42AM
JB42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB42 Click here to Send JB42 a Private Message Find more posts by JB42 Add JB42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB42
Drawmaster

To date I have been 100% against directional brushing. And looking for good suggestions as to how we can 'walk this back'. And I'm not saying that I have changed my mind by any means. But......

It's got to be said that the on ice product this weekend. that it had a significant part in creating was superb. With the players making such a high percentage of shots strategy played an even greater result in the outcome than usual. There was also greater complexity in terms of how to maneuver the end and the rock placement so as to create a deuce or a force as a result of the fact that so many shots were being made so perfectly. So, there is that.

As with a great many things in life, you don't have to like it for it to be true.

02-08-16 01:23AM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by JB42
To date I have been 100% against directional brushing. And looking for good suggestions as to how we can 'walk this back'. And I'm not saying that I have changed my mind by any means. But......

It's got to be said that the on ice product this weekend. that it had a significant part in creating was superb. With the players making such a high percentage of shots strategy played an even greater result in the outcome than usual. There was also greater complexity in terms of how to maneuver the end and the rock placement so as to create a deuce or a force as a result of the fact that so many shots were being made so perfectly. So, there is that.

As with a great many things in life, you don't have to like it for it to be true.

I think it's alright if it's effectiveness is minimal. Harris was suggesting that there is talk of banning hair brooms, so that might be good enough to curtail the effectiveness. I think the concept of directional brushing is here to stay, it's just a question of making it less effective.