Johnson Final
Holme (8)
M: Mexican Mixed Doubles Championship
Vancouver, CAN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 2 -- Fri, Apr 26 -- 6:00pm PT
Serr/Tomp Final
Quin/Abre (7) Watch Live Curling!
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 10 of 26 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-23-14 02:24PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

yep I can believe this , but

how do you get one Strong sister when they come in pairs?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-23-14 04:34PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Re: I have heard some way off the wall suggestions here...

quote:
Originally posted by sternwheeler
but Laura Strong going to Saskatchewan , please give me a break, isn't she a member of the Strong sisters from the ROCK?...

Laura is in Saskatchewan so is Ashley Howard for sure.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 173.206.37.228

03-23-14 04:36PM
Unregistered

strong sisters

quote:
Originally posted by sternwheeler
how do you get one Strong sister when they come in pairs?

Job cuts. Laura is moving for work. Article at the end of Feb stated this (in the St. John's Telegram. Another Newfoundlander moving west.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 154.5.187.34

03-23-14 05:09PM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

It's official - Paul Wiecek of the Winnipeg Free Press is reporting that Stoughton's team is splitting up, with all 4 players going their own separate ways. Biggest news - Nichols is moving back to Newfoundland. Stoughton wants to continue and will play next year if he can find the right fit, but has not ruled out retirement, either.

03-23-14 05:25PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by doubletakeout
It's official - Paul Wiecek of the Winnipeg Free Press is reporting that Stoughton's team is splitting up, with all 4 players going their own separate ways. Biggest news - Nichols is moving back to Newfoundland. Stoughton wants to continue and will play next year if he can find the right fit, but has not ruled out retirement, either.

Is Mark going back to curl with Brad?????? Question of the day?

03-23-14 05:26PM
JB42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB42 Click here to Send JB42 a Private Message Find more posts by JB42 Add JB42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB42
Drawmaster

So the obvious question is will Bambam and Goo get together again?

I sure as heck hope so. Seeing Kennedy and Nichols go toe to toe is a ticket I'd pay for. Not to mention that the way Gushue has been playing the last two years with Nichols at third this is suddenly a team that you would expect to see win. Gushue after all made the last two Grand Slam Finals without Nichols and lost both on last rock. One an incredible in off by Koe, the other a draw to the pin by Glenn. With Nichols suddenly, on paper at least, they will be a force to be reckoned with.

03-23-14 05:31PM
Unregistered

So who is picking up Laura Strong and Ashley Howard since they are both living in Saskatchewan now?

03-23-14 05:33PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by JB42
So the obvious question is will Bambam and Goo get together again?

I sure as heck hope so. Seeing Kennedy and Nichols go toe to toe is a ticket I'd pay for. Not to mention that the way Gushue has been playing the last two years with Nichols at third this is suddenly a team that you would expect to see win. Gushue after all made the last two Grand Slam Finals without Nichols and lost both on last rock. One an incredible in off by Koe, the other a draw to the pin by Glenn. With Nichols suddenly, on paper at least, they will be a force to be reckoned with.

So who leaves if Mark goes back?

03-23-14 05:36PM
JB42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB42 Click here to Send JB42 a Private Message Find more posts by JB42 Add JB42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB42
Drawmaster

As to the Stoughton four......

Jeff wants to play, Marc presumably does too.

What about Reid and Meade?

I can't see Johnny playing next year. Otherwise why wouldn't it be with Jeff?

Reid I would imagine will entertain offers. Maybe he is looking to go back to skipping. There's got to be a few teams in the Peg that would be excited to try the experiment I would think.

What is for sure is that there is at least one team out there that's giddy at this news......lol.....

03-23-14 06:23PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

Stoughton article

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sp...-251796651.html

03-23-14 06:27PM
TDR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TDR Click here to Send TDR a Private Message Find more posts by TDR Add TDR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TDR
Hitting Paint

Could Stoughton be skip for Team Canada next season at the Brier? Or would they all have to be Alberta residents?

03-23-14 06:30PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

Stughton

quoted from the CBC story:

"Stoughton said he plans to keep curling, and Mead would be his first choice, but Mead no longer wants to curl with him."

I always thought those two looked like they were a real good fit.

03-23-14 07:40PM
freezetothehack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for freezetothehack Click here to Send freezetothehack a Private Message Find more posts by freezetothehack Add freezetothehack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
freezetothehack
Hitting Paint

Re: Stughton

quote:
Originally posted by CURLER1
quoted from the CBC story:

"Stoughton said he plans to keep curling, and Mead would be his first choice, but Mead no longer wants to curl with him."

I always thought those two looked like they were a real good fit.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ks-up-1.2583630

03-23-14 08:01PM
Unregistered

reid could most definitely put together a team of his own

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

03-23-14 08:12PM
Unregistered

I can see Eddie MacKenzie smiling from here !

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.177.221.45

03-23-14 10:50PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
reid could most definitely put together a team of his own

Ya. And so can any curler... Lol. Reid is the reason Jeff lost the big games over the last few years. Nichols moving to 2nd should have been done LONG ago. Mark being a personal trainer...think he'd have worked on Reid's fitness.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 64.134.169.135

03-23-14 11:10PM
Unregistered

Somehow one can imagine McEwen thinking there's no way he can lose provincials now. Speaking of which, no news of his squad.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.159.24

03-23-14 11:11PM
JB42
Drawmaster

Head scratcher....

A) Why Mead doesn't want to play with Jeff.

B) Why they are airing this laundry in public.

Jeff could have just said they'd all decided to move on and left it at that. The second part hardly needed mentioning.

Colour me quizzical.

03-23-14 11:13PM
JB42
Drawmaster

Ferbey lost to Dacey, Howard lost to Menard, Kevin and Jen have lost three of four World finals, and Homan now has not grabbed the gold twice in a row. There are no guarantees in this ole game of ours. What keeps us lesser lights hopeful:-)

03-24-14 01:04AM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

Re: Head scratcher....

quote:
Originally posted by JB42
A) Why Mead doesn't want to play with Jeff.

B) Why they are airing this laundry in public.

Jeff could have just said they'd all decided to move on and left it at that. The second part hardly needed mentioning.

Colour me quizzical.

It's a strange article from CBC and I've yet to see it posted like this anywhere else. Notice there's no actual quotes.

Most likely what is happening is that Jon Mead will be stepping away from the sport and not curling at all.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

03-24-14 05:21AM
Loony is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Loony Click here to Send Loony a Private Message Find more posts by Loony Add Loony to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Loony
Swing Artist

Here's a more complete article from the Free Press with actual quotes from all four of the curlers. http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sp...-251848831.html

03-24-14 07:24AM
Unregistered

quote:

Ya. And so can any curler... Lol. Reid is the reason Jeff lost the big games over the last few years. Nichols moving to 2nd should have been done LONG ago. Mark being a personal trainer...think he'd have worked on Reid's fitness.

Reid was lights out at the 2011 Brier final shooting 98% but he seemed to regress after that and was the weak link on that team although it was Stoughton who bad play in last years Brier final led to that blowout

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.250.232.209

03-24-14 01:14PM
Unregistered

Any noise out there regarding who will skip the remnants of team Canada next year? The Winnipeg Free Press spoke of a John Morris rumor. It's an autoberth for sure but if he stays in BC it's an autoberth on a pretty decent team there too. I have no idea what John's situation is.
Others guns for hire could be Kevin Martin of course. That does make some sense. I'm also wondering if Jeff Stoughton's announcement timing was his way of putting his name in that ring. The team needs a temp skip for a temp Briar team. That makes me think Martin or Stoughton.
Of course the remaining 3 could scoop a decent lead and everyone else moves up. But with all due respect that has "Team Canada beat down" written all over it. You can't replace a top 3 skip on the planet with even a great lead and expect anything good to happen.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.59.27.44

03-24-14 01:19PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

recent team line up changes makes one ....

believe the sport of Canadian men's curling is much like a 'square dance' do see do you pick a new partner and twirl them on the floor ...CBC news reports Winnipeger Jeff Stoughton is losing his players also where will this all end

03-24-14 02:52PM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

yep me to, see Eddie smiling also

quote:
I can see Eddie MacKenzie smiling from here !
ahhhhhhh who wants to curl with me over on the island , cause I don't really feel like leaving here.... but if you make me a "offer" I cannot refuse ?