Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Everest Curling Challenge

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 2 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
08-27-17 07:08PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

Going out on a limb with a prediction...the double sided tape on that shoe is never going to hold.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

08-27-17 07:23PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

How were the eight teams chosen for this spiel?

08-27-17 07:26PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
So I know the winner gets 200,000 dollars but what does the runner up get. What do all these other teams get

From what I've read and heard......... runner up gets ZIP

08-27-17 07:56PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

wow..what a load of crap

08-27-17 09:20PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

I'm glad they got a good final game and you could sense the tension in the air. I'm sure the winner takes all format made it that way so for a new event, not a bad idea. Everest must have put up a lot to stage this. Commercial breaks were also short which was nice.

08-28-17 07:56AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

oh, yeah , you're so right. epping cant stand up to the top skips. he's only beaten them all multiple times and he did beat koe easily here but you really have a point

insert massive eyeroll

08-28-17 10:13AM
dugless_zone 13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dugless_zone 13 Click here to Send dugless_zone 13 a Private Message Find more posts by dugless_zone 13 Add dugless_zone 13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

I found it interesting that the draw was held Thursday night and they immediately had custom printed shirts and jackets with each players individual sponsors etc in the corresponding team colours. Pretty quick work by fusion. I'm guessing the selections were done a while ago and Thursday nights event was put on for show.

08-28-17 10:44AM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

Printing spare jackets isn't all that expensive on a large event scale....the wholesale cost to make those is on the order of $20 each, so you're talking a layout of a couple grand tops to have them ready in each potential color for each of the curlers.

Plus, the Skip's colors were already known/assignable before the draft, so that reduces the number you have to produce by 25%...and if any of the players happen to share d sizes (quite likely, the game selects for a certain body type for the most part), the number comes down even further.

Applying a sponsor logo from known art on a known location on a known color jacket takes one minute (I know, I do sublimation printing as a home hobby). So it's not even all that hard to customize those logos "on the fly".

A very accomplishable expense and task. Easy? no. Easily managed with enough money? Yep.

08-28-17 11:45AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Once my Manitobans (Kaitlyn & Lainger) brought Epping back from the early 3-0 deficit - he had Gushue on the ropes a few times - each time letting him off the hook with a poorly executed and placed rock. (Of course, every team in the game now has mortal fear of Gushue because he has that aura of being able to make "anything". Laing knew Epping wasn't up to the task - but Kaitlyn, Laing & Brown fought very hard to the bitter end. They deserved more than zero dollars for their efforts.

I can't wait for you to yet again change your mind on Epping after watching one week of him curling brilliantly. I've honestly lost track f the number of times you have flip flopped on your opinion of several teams and individual players.

08-28-17 07:34PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

Were the players expenses paid? Do you think winners shared with their regular teammates? If their were no expenses that would have made some sense so that at least half the teams got something. Maybe $5000 to each regular teammate or something like that as they were responsible for getting the players chosen.

08-28-17 11:06PM
Netz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Netz Click here to Send Netz a Private Message Find more posts by Netz Add Netz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Netz
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by dugless_zone 13
I found it interesting that the draw was held Thursday night and they immediately had custom printed shirts and jackets with each players individual sponsors etc in the corresponding team colours. Pretty quick work by fusion. I'm guessing the selections were done a while ago and Thursday nights event was put on for show.
When I was golfing this morning I said the exact same thing to the others, they must have stayed up all night making the jackets up.

08-29-17 03:32PM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by dugless_zone 13

No , they had four jerseys made for each of the non skips, one for each colour of the four skips of the opposite sex. Simple.

08-30-17 09:13AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Once my Manitobans (Kaitlyn & Lainger) brought Epping back from the early 3-0 deficit - he had Gushue on the ropes a few times - each time letting him off the hook with a poorly executed and placed rock. (Of course, every team in the game now has mortal fear of Gushue because he has that aura of being able to make "anything". Laing knew Epping wasn't up to the task - but Kaitlyn, Laing & Brown fought very hard to the bitter end. They deserved more than zero dollars for their efforts.

Didn't know Lainger was a Manitoban.......Hmmmm