M: World Senior Curling Championships
Ostersund, SWE
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: CF -- Sat, Apr 27 -- 4:30am ET
CAN (Flemming) Final
USA (Farbelow) (8)
SWE (Wranaa) 11  Final
GER (Kapp) (8)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 13 of 26 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-25-14 05:16PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

This Manitoba Legend guy can't seem to grasp the fact that Chelsea Carey ALREADY HAS A TEAM for 2014-15 and beyond - IN ALBERTA.

Just to refresh your memory:
http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/20...-laura-crocker/

Why do you keep speculating about a match with Val Sweeting?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 72.38.66.18

03-25-14 05:25PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
This Manitoba Legend guy can't seem to grasp the fact that Chelsea Carey ALREADY HAS A TEAM for 2014-15 and beyond - IN ALBERTA.

Just to refresh your memory:
http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/20...-laura-crocker/

Why do you keep speculating about a match with Val Sweeting?

Manitoba legend guy has trouble grasping anything.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 192.197.71.189

03-25-14 06:07PM
dwenzek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dwenzek Click here to Send dwenzek a Private Message Find more posts by dwenzek Add dwenzek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dwenzek
Harvey Hacksmasher

I think it's pretty safe that we shouldn't guess about what changes are next because I don't think a single prediction has come true thus far. Lets watch where all the players end up

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-25-14 07:12PM
JB42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB42 Click here to Send JB42 a Private Message Find more posts by JB42 Add JB42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB42
Drawmaster

Not a single prediction....

Well that's not quite true is it? The rumour of a Koe, Kennedy, Hebert squad turned out to be exactly accurate. The biggest news by far. A close second, Stoughton breaking up on the other hand was not a case of people predicting incorrectly, instead being a case of no one predicting it at all:-)

Gerry has also prognosticated that Team McEwen will stay intact. A sentiment I share. Though many on this thread are predicting otherwise.

And not to toot my own horn (well maybe a little toot..lol..) but I did guesstimate A) That Gushue would stay the same UNLESS Nichols moved back east. That one is still in play. and B) That Reid would explore a return to skipping.

I'd also like to go out on a limb at this time and predict that Team Jacobs will remain the same.....lol... If you can't have fun with this stuff, well, I gotta ask....what the heck you doing here?:-)

03-25-14 07:18PM
Dackle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dackle Click here to Send Dackle a Private Message Find more posts by Dackle Add Dackle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dackle
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

The landscape just changed. MASSIVELY!!!

Who knew Ali was poised to leave?

Who knew Courtney was in the bullpen?

Val Sweeting has a gaping hole at 3rd stone. DON'T think she'd wanna take 46 yr old Cathy O on either.

Alberta has a lot of depth from which Valerie Sweeting can choose a new third without having to poach Chelsea Carey from her present commitment, ML. There is a plethora of talented curlers in AB. I look forward to see who joins Sweeting's team. I am willing to bet the ranch Chelsea Carey has more integrity than to jump ship from a team she hasn't even played with yet.

03-25-14 07:44PM
Unregistered

Re: Re: jumping provinces

quote:
Originally posted by curlingmad

Joanne's hubby might not appreciate the 'not having family' in AB, then again, maybe he was the last to know she is moving to ONT.

That is why family is in quotes. I hope hubby was in on the decision! I just think Brent's circumstances are a bit more complex.

I still wish them all, all the best. Exciting times. As an armchair curler, I am happy to be able to watch these changes. The better the teams, the better the entertainment value!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 174.7.5.81

03-25-14 07:49PM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Originally posted by dwenzek
I think it's pretty safe that we shouldn't guess about what changes are next because I don't think a single prediction has come true thus far. Lets watch where all the players end up

Should read the first post.

- Koe, Kennedy and Hebert
- Laing going to Koe
- Stoughton splitting (ie, not knowing who he's curling with)
- Nichols going back to Newfoundland

A good start?

Some new things heard over the last couple of weeks is that McEwen's team might not be so solid and that there are offers out there. The big question is whether this team gives it 4 more years together or see greener pastures.

Really hope they can give it 4 more years, they're one of the best in the game and it's only a matter of time they put it together.

Niklas Edin has stated he's returning for 4 years, though talking to some other guys on the team it doesn't seem to be so set in stone for them. For a team living together on the road for so many days, it's not surprising to see some changes possible.

Morris and Cotter still up in the air, seems they're still deciding on next season at this point.

An update on the Middaugh/Howard situation is that both seem to be on different page curling-wise. Glenn has seem a change in his job at The Beer Store that puts him more into a marketing role and allows him to not have to be in the store as much, meaning he has more time to dedicate to the sport, while Middaugh is looking to cut back and not do the playdowns route. Just play some of the bigger events.

Some changes within Swiss curling as well, with Team Michel second Sandro Trolliet having to "retire" due to his third knee-surgery, and one of the players on Team de Cruz likely stepping away due to a job opportunity/relationship in the USA. Curious to see who fills these roles as well.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

03-25-14 07:55PM
Unregistered

RUMOUR Team Jones Changes Coming?

Hearing whispers BIG changes coming to Team Jones. Hear JJ moving to AB with Brent to Skip Sweeting. Also Dawn leaving to curl with Homan, Weagle supposedly stepping back. This also lets Mike step in as 3rd for Howard. Haven't heard abour Officer and Lawes.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 50.72.223.23

03-25-14 08:06PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Well a rumour like that won't stay in whispers for very long. The McEwen Howard thingy seems odd. Sweeting Jones - too bad to have lost Courtney. Doesn't the Jones team have some investment to stick together - dunno. Olys win should be some sort of glue - but that doesn't seem to matter anymore. case in point Koe. Maybe the Team Cda idea was added just when it was becoming a stale idea.

03-25-14 08:33PM
JB42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB42 Click here to Send JB42 a Private Message Find more posts by JB42 Add JB42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB42
Drawmaster

Rumour Team Jones.....

Say what???????????

This one jars on so many levels that you think to yourself, "Keerist, could be true, no one could make this stuff up".....lol....

But........

Kaitlyn with Homan...what position she gonna play? Lead? I don't think so. So who'd be lead? Miskew? Courtney? It'd be like a basketball team with no guards, (pun intended:-)

I can see -maybe-and I stress maybe- Team JJ sacrificing mucho sponsorship opportunities. It's a new Olympic cycle starting and maybe JJ has told the younguns on the team she isn't interested in another kick at the can. And that sparked a "We have nowhere to go but down anyways so let's to out on top instead" decision. I dunno. Ain't my rumour. If I had to bet I'd bet no on this one.

But IF this is true how's about the greatest lead in the history of women's curling, Dawn McEwen? (nee Askin)

Maybe Savill's going to Ottawa to play with Morris and Mike and Dawn are both going to play with Glenn. Dawn having accomplished everything possible in women's curling. There! Top that if you can....lol....

03-25-14 08:33PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by dwenzek

How's the search for a new team coming there ya hacker.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 50.71.56.126

03-25-14 08:40PM
JB42
Drawmaster

re Team McEwen

This strikes me as one of those rare times when standing still could put you way ahead of the pack. IF they stay together I predict they will have a monster four years.

03-25-14 09:03PM
Dackle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dackle Click here to Send Dackle a Private Message Find more posts by Dackle Add Dackle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dackle
Hitting Paint

Re: Rumour Team Jones.....

quote:
Originally posted by JB42
Say what???????????

This one jars on so many levels that you think to yourself, "Keerist, could be true, no one could make this stuff up".....lol....

But........

Kaitlyn with Homan...what position she gonna play? Lead? I don't think so. So who'd be lead? Miskew? Courtney? It'd be like a basketball team with no guards, (pun intended:-)

I can see -maybe-and I stress maybe- Team JJ sacrificing mucho sponsorship opportunities. It's a new Olympic cycle starting and maybe JJ has told the younguns on the team she isn't interested in another kick at the can. And that sparked a "We have nowhere to go but down anyways so let's to out on top instead" decision. I dunno. Ain't my rumour. If I had to bet I'd bet no on this one.

But IF this is true how's about the greatest lead in the history of women's curling, Dawn McEwen? (nee Askin)

Maybe Savill's going to Ottawa to play with Morris and Mike and Dawn are both going to play with Glenn. Dawn having accomplished everything possible in women's curling. There! Top that if you can....lol....

The rumour said Dawn McEwen to Homan because Weagel is stepping away, not Kaitlyn.

I hope the rumour is true about JJ. Would love to have her representing Alberta. Time will tell.

03-25-14 09:10PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Gerry

Should read the first post.

- Koe, Kennedy and Hebert
- Laing going to Koe
- Stoughton splitting (ie, not knowing who he's curling with)
- Nichols going back to Newfoundland

A good start?

Some new things heard over the last couple of weeks is that McEwen's team might not be so solid and that there are offers out there. The big question is whether this team gives it 4 more years together or see greener pastures.

Really hope they can give it 4 more years, they're one of the best in the game and it's only a matter of time they put it together.

Niklas Edin has stated he's returning for 4 years, though talking to some other guys on the team it doesn't seem to be so set in stone for them. For a team living together on the road for so many days, it's not surprising to see some changes possible.

Morris and Cotter still up in the air, seems they're still deciding on next season at this point.

An update on the Middaugh/Howard situation is that both seem to be on different page curling-wise. Glenn has seem a change in his job at The Beer Store that puts him more into a marketing role and allows him to not have to be in the store as much, meaning he has more time to dedicate to the sport, while Middaugh is looking to cut back and not do the playdowns route. Just play some of the bigger events.

Some changes within Swiss curling as well, with Team Michel second Sandro Trolliet having to "retire" due to his third knee-surgery, and one of the players on Team de Cruz likely stepping away due to a job opportunity/relationship in the USA. Curious to see who fills these roles as well.

who among The decrus rink is stepping away? I heard dominik marki but im not sure

I could totally see benoit Schwartz hooking up with sven Michel and playing 3rd or 2nd since he has had a lot of experience with them.

that would leave the other 2 decruz guys to find hopefully suitable replacements

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

03-25-14 09:12PM
Dackle
Hitting Paint

quote:

Hearing whispers BIG changes coming to Team Jones. Hear JJ moving to AB with Brent to Skip Sweeting. Also Dawn leaving to curl with Homan, Weagle supposedly stepping back. This also lets Mike step in as 3rd for Howard. Haven't heard abour Officer and Lawes.

IF JJ moves to AB and joins Val Sweeting, Chelsea Carey must be wondering what she has to do to not have to play against Jones in a provincial playdown.

03-25-14 09:21PM
wsj28 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wsj28 Click here to Send wsj28 a Private Message Find more posts by wsj28 Add wsj28 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wsj28
Harvey Hacksmasher

so let's say McEwen does come and play with Team Homan.. doesn't that make the ineligible to represent Team canada at the scotties next year... don't they need 3/4 members returning?

Also anyone hear about Earle morris stepping away? their was an article in the newspaper given out at the Worlds where the question was posed to him and he didn't exactly deny it

03-25-14 09:35PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:

This is so NOT TRUE. OMG, people are jumping on this and responding.

03-25-14 09:35PM
Unregistered

I doubt Weagle is going anywhere. In today's article, she says:

"It will be different but we're excited about what the next four years have in store for Team Homan."

Seems like she's on board for another cycle. I would be suprised if they kicked her out.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 184.163.171.2

03-25-14 09:41PM
Unregistered

Lightbulb

Why would Team Homan make the announcement about Ali if there were other changes to come? Obviously the team is now set. Stop trying to come up with all these crazy scenarios. Also Team J Jones is staying as is. Let's stick to posting truths people.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 70.50.35.3

03-25-14 09:53PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by albetts
This is so NOT TRUE. OMG, people are jumping on this and responding.
It is almost April 1. We'll see who will be the fool. This elite curling community is tumbling like a house of cards and twisted like a bed of snakes.

03-25-14 10:42PM
Unregistered

Re: Rumour Team Jones.....

quote:
Originally posted by JB42
Say what???????????

But........

McEwen to Ontario and play 3rd for Howard. That sounds very far fetched. Or Manitoba better hope a team steps up in a hurry or we will be relegated in a hurry.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.159.24

03-25-14 10:57PM
Unregistered

Better rumour is Jon Mead moving to Ontario and playing third for Glenn Howard.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.230.36

03-26-14 12:52AM
radiowave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for radiowave Click here to Send radiowave a Private Message Find more posts by radiowave Add radiowave to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
radiowave
Hitting Paint

Extremely disappointed to hear the news about Ali K leaving the team. She was a phenomenal player and as good a second as there was at the age of 25. It's not just her great skill that will be missed, but her amazingly positive disposition. This was a great benefit to Rachel, who at times can be too intense on the ice.

Courtney is a fantastic pick-up for team Homan and the best sweeper in the women's game. The question is whether she'll have the consistent shot-making precision that someone like Rachel will demand? The expectations for her will be huge, particularly from a perfectionist like her skip....It'll be extremely interesting to see how the team chemisty develops the next four years. Best of luck to Ali and Courtney

Last edited by radiowave on 03-26-14 at 12:55AM

03-26-14 01:27AM
radiowave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for radiowave Click here to Send radiowave a Private Message Find more posts by radiowave Add radiowave to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
radiowave
Hitting Paint

I wonder if Ali will play the Players Championship in April? I'd love to see her go out with a big win.

03-26-14 01:35AM
Unregistered

Perhaps Sweeting will pick up erin carmody who is likely a free agent given the carey/crocker partnership

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.225.147.36